Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: The Scariest/Most Unsettling UNEXPLAINED Thing That Has Ever Happened to You?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Owen Reed;4501346]Is this a "To be Continued" story?

What happened? Did a gator get you?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I thought the happy, all limbs intact ending was implied.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=gunnails;4501338]I have an unsettling story.

Back in the early 90s I worked for a guy that had a LOT of slum type rental housing.

This one house in North Portland had an issue with rot around the toilet, the toilet flange had nothing solid to mount to, so I was elected to go in the crawl and attach some backing boards so as we would have something solid to mount the toilet flange to. The crawl was shallow and had no vapor barrier, the house must of been 80 years old.

So I am down in the crawl and I hear some rustling so I shine my flashlight towards the rustle and there are 2 eyes glowing back at me and what appears to be a raccoon, so I am like whatever and I call up to to my jobsite dog to kinda cover my back, and the dog does he hangs with me and just quietly growls at the coon. I reach up and pull back some insulation to expose my work area and a bunch of crap falls on me, in my hair and face, I shine my beam up and everything is covered in what i figure was maggots and they are dripping on me. I do not like, so I try to get out as fast as possible and in doing so kick the dog who then charges the coon which turns out to be a skunk and sprays everywhere.

That was a bad day. and quite unsettling.[/QUOTE]

That sounds glamorous.

Bewildered Beast

Back in the early 90s I worked for a guy that had a LOT of slum type rental housing.

This one house in North Portland had an issue with rot around the toilet, the toilet flange had nothing solid to mount to, so I was elected to go in the crawl and attach some backing boards so as we would have something solid to mount the toilet flange to. The crawl was shallow and had no vapor barrier, the house must of been 80 years old.

So I am down in the crawl and I hear some rustling so I shine my flashlight towards the rustle and there are 2 eyes glowing back at me and what appears to be a raccoon, so I am like whatever and I call up to to my jobsite dog to kinda cover my back, and the dog does he hangs with me and just quietly growls at the coon. I reach up and pull back some insulation to expose my work area and a bunch of crap falls on me, in my hair and face, I shine my beam up and everything is covered in what i figure was maggots and they are dripping on me. I do not like, so I try to get out as fast as possible and in doing so kick the dog who then charges the coon which turns out to be a skunk and sprays everywhere.

Over Xmas I removved a maggot-ridden (mmmm brains) coon corpse from my garage; eejit has come in through the crawl and gotten lodged behind tarps I used as a moisture barrier for my file cabinets. uchh

[QUOTE=32green;4500766]Just remembered this strange thing, dont know why it occurred to me.

Back around 9/11 when things were winding down as far as body recoveries at the site and stuff, the NYPD maintained a bunch of trailers on the Medical Examiner's block along side a bunch of refrigerated trailers used to store remains until they were identified.

One of the trailers was known as the "notification trailer"..when they would recieve word from the ME that DNA/dental etc. had identified a victim, the Detectives assigned therein would ensure that the proper folks were notified whether it be a Civilian, fireman or cop etc.

Since there was no hope of recovery of live victims after the first day or two, identification and closure to the victims families became a labor of love for many of the cops working at the Medical Examiners office. Its all we could do to help...or bring some positivity to an overwhelmingly negative event.

Anyway, one day a cop boss comes in to the trailer...and all the Detectives are furiously searching through a bunch of property vouchers. "Why?", the boss asked..."whats going on?".

One of the Detectives says "oh I had a dream with the numbers 5555 in it..
    and I think it has something to do with propery vouchered from the site. So we are looking for those numbers."

The boss then says "Isnt 5555 the bell sequence the Fire Dept. uses to announce the death of a firefighter?" and shrugs.

THe Detectives all stop what they are doing and their mouths drop open, as they did not know this.

Then the Detective who had the dream says..." You know.... I saw a show on TV yesterday before the dream...and it was the psychic John Edwards talking to the parents of a fallen 9/11 firefighter whose remains had been recovered.

The parents were upset because they never got his helmet with the body which apparently was important to them, as it was to the FF prior to his death. It held great value to the family.

Edwards tells the family....[I][B]his helmet is still here...its in a cold dark place."[/B][/I]

A quiet fell over the assembled cops in the trailer as they glanced at eachother sideways...and then the Detective who had the dream says "I'm going to check something out", and leaves.

She goes to the refrigerated trailers containing remains, one 18 wheeler after another containing body bags...nothing.

Then in one of the last trailers...she comes upon a small black garbage bag sitting in a corner....virtually hidden in the darkeness behind the wooden racks used to stack the remains.

She opens it...and there is the FF's helmet...with a set of Rosary beads tucked underneath.

-[/QUOTE]

holy crap :eek: :eek:

what are the CHANCES????

[B][SIZE="3"]"we are teh Chancez"[/SIZE][/B]

[IMG]http://o1.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dims3/PATCH/resize/273x203/http://hss-prod.hss.aol.com/hss/storage/patch/4da43ad771be12dbbeda6e3cc3ebef39[/IMG] [IMG]http://o1.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dims3/PATCH/resize/273x203/http://hss-prod.hss.aol.com/hss/storage/patch/4da43ad771be12dbbeda6e3cc3ebef39[/IMG]

All Pro
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4501390]Over Xmas I removved a maggot-ridden (mmmm brains) coon corpse from my garage; eejit has come in through the crawl and gotten lodged behind tarps I used as a moisture barrier for my file cabinets. uchh[/QUOTE]

=====================================================

I hate maggots, oddly enough I understand they are not at all bad to be in contact with.

Heard a story about a WWII Japanese POW camp, and the american prisoner/doctors had nothing to treat the sick wounded POWs with, so if some one had a badly infected wound, they would make them sit down by the latrine and the flies wouuld lay eggs/maggots in the wounds and eat all the infection.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4501369]That sounds glamorous.[/QUOTE]

====================================================

It's a fulfilling life.

Another time my Dad had bought an old place and he was converting it into his new office, we had to re plumb a bit of it, so once again I was working in a dirt crawl, the sewer had backed up so there was a 1/2 layer of TP dried out in about a 15'x15' area,. So it was a nasty crawl, I covered the ground with visqueen and there was a lump that I thought was just a pile of nasty hairy looking growth, turns out the lump was a dead skunk, it was flat like a pancake so I figured it been there for years. So I took a garden rake and snagged it and drug it out. As it happens a skunks stink bag has a long life, all I can say ios the smell was overwhelming. Neighbors got all pissy like I should of left it under Dads new office

Buried it in the back about 2 feet down and then the next day the dog dug it up and drug it back up on the porch. So now I have a company policy of double bagging and placing in the trash

[QUOTE=gunnails;4501415]====================================================

It's a fulfilling life.

Another time my Dad had bought an old place and he was converting it into his new office, we had to re plumb a bit of it, so once again I was working in a dirt crawl, the sewer had backed up so there was a 1/2 layer of TP dried out in about a 15'x15' area,. So it was a nasty crawl, I covered the ground with visqueen and there was a lump that I thought was just a pile of nasty hairy looking growth, turns out the lump was a dead skunk, it was flat like a pancake so I figured it been there for years. So I took a garden rake and snagged it and drug it out. As it happens a skunks stink bag has a long life, all I can say ios the smell was overwhelming. Neighbors got all pissy like I should of left it under Dads new office

Buried it in the back about 2 feet down and then the next day the dog dug it up and drug it back up on the porch. So now I have a company policy of double bagging and placing in the trash[/QUOTE]

That's classic. That story made me laugh out loud...what a disaster. Especially the dog digging it back up and dragging it back on the porch.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=gunnails;4501089]One time I was working on a remodel and I was pulling down a ceiling in the basement, and out fell about 50, 1 ounce silver coins. They were some sort of commemorative coins dated 1972/71 (?), I think what happened is the old man who use to own the house had hidden them in the attic next to the chimney and there was a gap of about 3" between the chimney and the framing so they must have dropped to the basement ceiling where I found them.

Split them with the home owner, if I recall correctly silver was about $2 or less an ounce at the time.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.cointalk.com/attachments/102752d1291183820-preview_image_1.jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=gunnails;4501415]====================================================

It's a fulfilling life.

Buried it in the back about 2 feet down and then the next day the dog dug it up and drug it back up on the porch. So now I have a company policy of double bagging and placing in the trash[/QUOTE]

See Southside...this type of life story gets you into the top ten.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Alkrotraz;4501282] He ran out of beer and went to fridge to check if there was one more and there was, he did it again and another beer appeared, third time he went another beer appeared and he felt a cold hand on shoulder turned around and no one was there and ran out of house.

[/QUOTE]

Wait...this dude runs into a self-replenishing beer fridge...and he ran out of the house?

A pFail-thtripper to be sure.

-

[QUOTE=32green;4501546]Wait...this dude runs into a self-replenishing beer fridge...and he ran out of the house?

-[/QUOTE]

Hahahahahahaha

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Dirtstar;4501401]holy crap :eek: :eek:

what are the CHANCES????

[IMG]http://o1.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dims3/PATCH/resize/273x203/http://hss-prod.hss.aol.com/hss/storage/patch/4da43ad771be12dbbeda6e3cc3ebef39[/IMG] [IMG]http://o1.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dims3/PATCH/resize/273x203/http://hss-prod.hss.aol.com/hss/storage/patch/4da43ad771be12dbbeda6e3cc3ebef39[/IMG][/QUOTE]

LOLGFY

-

All Pro

Scenarios like this and claustrophobia are reasons why I would never even entertain the idea of entering a crawlspace.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Owen Reed;4501346]Is this a "To be Continued" story?

What happened? Did a gator get you?[/QUOTE]

Yes, he suffered a fatal bite that day.

[QUOTE=Jetworks;4501357]Sorry, I thought the happy, all limbs intact ending was implied.[/QUOTE]

You really have to fill in all the blanks with this crew.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;4501401]holy crap :eek: :eek:

what are the CHANCES????

[IMG]http://o1.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dims3/PATCH/resize/273x203/http://hss-prod.hss.aol.com/hss/storage/patch/4da43ad771be12dbbeda6e3cc3ebef39[/IMG] [IMG]http://o1.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dims3/PATCH/resize/273x203/http://hss-prod.hss.aol.com/hss/storage/patch/4da43ad771be12dbbeda6e3cc3ebef39[/IMG][/QUOTE]

:rotfl:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=32green;4501546]Wait...this dude runs into a self-replenishing beer fridge...and he ran out of the house?

-[/QUOTE]

LOL

First time jumping out of a perfect plane.

All League
    I was at a bar this past weekend in Baltimore with my girlfriend and some other folks we had just met...let a little fart slip out...felt good and clear...then it got a little wet and uncomfortable...I strolled to the bathroom just to check out the situation...grabbed some TP and did a quick wipe to survey the damage...and

[B][SIZE="6"]BAM

I **** MY ****ING PANTS AT 27 YEARS OLD IN A BAR[/SIZE][/B]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SouthTown;4503378]I was at a bar this past weekend in Baltimore with my girlfriend and some other folks we had just met...let a little fart slip out...felt good and clear...then it got a little wet and uncomfortable...I strolled to the bathroom just to check out the situation...grabbed some TP and did a quick wipe to survey the damage...and

[B][SIZE="6"]BAM

I **** MY ****ING PANTS AT 27 YEARS OLD IN A BAR[/SIZE][/B][/QUOTE]

I'm confused, are you related to Southside??