Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I've Noticed Something About Names.....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4494722]I noticed Hillary Clinton became Hillary Rodham Clinton at one point,[/QUOTE]

She used to wear make up and dress like a woman at one point as well.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4494719]But if you had the choice between someone calling you "Will" or "Mitt"...which would you pick?[/QUOTE]

I'd go with Will over Mitt, not Willard though.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=acepepe;4494761]She used to wear make up and dress like a woman at one point as well.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry the Secretary of State isn't hot enough for you.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4494811]I'm sorry the Secretary of State isn't hot enough for you.[/QUOTE]

I like woman!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=acepepe;4494829]I like woman![/QUOTE]

Do you miss Janet Reno?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=acepepe;4494829]I like woman![/QUOTE]

Ok, Tarzan

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4494748]Get used to it. They will be crowing about Willard on left wing talk shows for the next 8 years[/QUOTE]

Big assumption.

Do you really believe anyone will still be listening to left wing talk shows in 8 years? :P

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4494866]Ok, Tarzan[/QUOTE]

:D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4494678][IMG]http://www.google.com/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://img4.allvoices.com/thumbs/image/609/480/92053874-supporters-us.jpg&sa=X&ei=dbHfT6DbA4Sn6AHzhsSaCg&ved=0CAkQ8wc4ygE&usg=AFQjCNEsVuN-TE117VxePXy-_vUOjN6uKg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

I'm laughing at that picture, not with it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4494443]In my enjoyment of listening to liberal/left-leaning radio and reading liberal/left leaning websites/blogs, I've noticed a distinct trend.

They refer to Mitt Romney as "Willard".

Now, obviously thats Mitt's first name on his birth certificate, but just as obvious is that he does not go by Willard in any way.

I'm curious, is this something anyone takes issue with?

And as a follow-up, would it be any different that refering to the PResident as "Barrack Hussin O." all the time?

Thoughts (bring it on FF! ;))?[/QUOTE]

Both are attempts to use names (something beyond the candidate's control) to support a narrative:

"Willard" - he's weird, not like us, WASPy (without the P), born with a silver spoon, etc.

"Hussein" - he's not really one of us, not really American, scary, probably a Muslim, probably supports terror (anyone remember the "terrorist fist bump"?)

Both are ridiculous, but the "Hussein" thing is worse, IMO, because it seeks to stir up and rely on racial and/or religious prejudices. (And before anyone asks - yes, I think that's worse than appeals to class warfare)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;4495235]Both are attempts to use names (something beyond the candidate's control) to support a narrative:

"Willard" - he's weird, not like us, WASPy (without the P), born with a silver spoon, etc.

"Hussein" - he's not really one of us, not really American, scary, probably a Muslim, probably supports terror (anyone remember the "terrorist fist bump"?)

Both are ridiculous, but the "Hussein" thing is worse, IMO, because it seeks to stir up and rely on racial and/or religious prejudices. (And before anyone asks - yes, I think that's worse than appeals to class warfare)[/QUOTE]

What a coincidence I just saw a Jews for Jihad guy in the subway.

Muslims perpretrate outrageous acts of terror in America and only demand an expansion of their sociopathic culture vs assimiliation or expressions of regret, yet there is no cause for suspicion.

B. Hussein gives his 1st interview to al-Jazeera runs off to the ME to tell them how Islamic America is and bows to the keeper of the cube just before destablilizing the ME in favor of other Islamokooks.

Yup ridiculous!
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 06-19-2012 at 12:13 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4494962]Big assumption.

Do you really believe anyone will still be listening to left wing talk shows in 8 years? :P[/QUOTE]

Why would they listen in 8 years, when they don't now?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jungle Shift Jet;4495242]What a coincidence I just saw a Jews for Jihad guy in the subway.

Muslims perpretrate outrageous acts of terror in America and only demand an expansion of their sociopathic culture vs assimiliation or expressions of regret, yet there is no cause for suspicion.

B. Hussein gives his 1st interview to al-Jazeera runs off to the ME to tell them how Islamic America is and bows to the keeper of the cube just before destablilizing the ME in favor of other Islamokooks.

Yup ridiculous![/QUOTE]

See what I mean?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;4495235]Both are attempts to use names (something beyond the candidate's control) to support a narrative:

Both are ridiculous, but the "Hussein" thing is worse, IMO, because it seeks to stir up and rely on racial and/or religious prejudices. (And before anyone asks - yes, I think that's worse than appeals to class warfare)[/QUOTE]

Here's the difference. Romney has done virtually nothing to rake up abuse.
    Obama has generated one bad piece of work after another to include bowing to various Islamic regimes and treating Israel shabbily.

Late breaking. Liberal media is now attacking Ann Romney because HER horse qualified for the London Olympics. That's bad why?
    Money? Libs don't realize that horses are owned as pets by 2.5% of ALL American households. That's above the evil 1%. 8 million horses as pets (not working farm animals).
    The bottom line is Obama has brought some things on himself and is treated with derision. Not Romney.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;4495465]That's bad why?[/QUOTE]

It's just funny.

Pubs went from Bush...touted for his folksiness, brush-clearing abilities and country attitude.

To....

Mittens. A guy who wouldn't know how to operate a weedwacker let alone clear any brush.

That kinda thing used to matter to the Republican Party. It's so bad, that Obama has picked John Kerry to play Mitt Romney in his mock debate rehearsals. Your party is electing A Massachusetts elitist...lolz. :P:D

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;4495465]Here's the difference. Romney has done virtually nothing to rake up abuse.
    Obama has generated one bad piece of work after another to include bowing to various Islamic regimes and treating Israel shabbily.
    [/QUOTE]

And did that come before or after conservative talking heads started emphasizing the "Hussein" in his name?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;4495515]And did that come before or after conservative talking heads started emphasizing the "Hussein" in his name?[/QUOTE]

Honestly do not recall. But am sure it intensified.
    I think Michelle brought a lot on also with her "First time I've been proud" comments.
    Obama has enough negatives associated with him. He doesn't need more. I admit I like to call hom The Hawaiian as a joke. A man without a state. I do believe he is American born. Just an American with poor values.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    B. Hussein is what he is. The worst POTUS ever.

A non natural born American who should have been disqualified from running for POTUS in the 1st place raised and brought up in the Muslim cult exploited every connection/waiver/exception and quota he could to get into schools or travelling to prohibited Muslim countries...who moved on to the racist BLT church urged by the vile Lady Macobama...who digs up sealed records when it suits him (Joe the Plumber, Ryan senate race) and sends records to Davy Jones' Locker when it suits him (Birth, academic, citizenship, passports, LA Times video of him with terror supporter)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gee, if you're right why isn't Newt the GOP nominee?

[QUOTE=Jungle Shift Jet;4495572]B. Hussein is what he is. The worst POTUS ever.

A non natural born American who should have been disqualified from running for POTUS in the 1st place raised and brought up in the Muslim cult exploited every connection/waiver/exception and quota he could to get into schools or travelling to prohibited Muslim countries...who moved on to the racist BLT church urged by the vile Lady Macobama...who digs up sealed records when it suits him (Joe the Plumber, Ryan senate race) and sends records to Davy Jones' Locker when it suits him (Birth, academic, citizenship, passports, LA Times video of him with terror supporter)[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jungle Shift Jet;4495572]B. Hussein is what he is. The worst POTUS ever.

A non natural born American who should have been disqualified from running for POTUS in the 1st place raised and brought up in the Muslim cult exploited every connection/waiver/exception and quota he could to get into schools or travelling to prohibited Muslim countries...who moved on to the racist BLT church urged by the vile Lady Macobama...who digs up sealed records when it suits him (Joe the Plumber, Ryan senate race) and sends records to Davy Jones' Locker when it suits him (Birth, academic, citizenship, passports, LA Times video of him with terror supporter)[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://stylefelons.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Unabomber.jpg[/IMG]