Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 74

Thread: I've Noticed Something About Names.....

  1. #21
    All League
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,565
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    I noticed Hillary Clinton became Hillary Rodham Clinton at one point,
    She used to wear make up and dress like a woman at one point as well.

  2. #22
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Parsippany, NJ
    Posts
    3,705
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    But if you had the choice between someone calling you "Will" or "Mitt"...which would you pick?
    I'd go with Will over Mitt, not Willard though.

  3. #23
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    50,788
    Quote Originally Posted by acepepe View Post
    She used to wear make up and dress like a woman at one point as well.
    I'm sorry the Secretary of State isn't hot enough for you.

  4. #24
    All League
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,565
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    I'm sorry the Secretary of State isn't hot enough for you.
    I like woman!

  5. #25
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    50,788
    Quote Originally Posted by acepepe View Post
    I like woman!
    Do you miss Janet Reno?

  6. #26
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,665
    Quote Originally Posted by acepepe View Post
    I like woman!
    Ok, Tarzan

  7. #27
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,537
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Get used to it. They will be crowing about Willard on left wing talk shows for the next 8 years
    Big assumption.

    Do you really believe anyone will still be listening to left wing talk shows in 8 years?

  8. #28
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    7,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Ok, Tarzan

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    I'm laughing at that picture, not with it.

  10. #30
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    14,534
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    In my enjoyment of listening to liberal/left-leaning radio and reading liberal/left leaning websites/blogs, I've noticed a distinct trend.

    They refer to Mitt Romney as "Willard".

    Now, obviously thats Mitt's first name on his birth certificate, but just as obvious is that he does not go by Willard in any way.

    I'm curious, is this something anyone takes issue with?

    And as a follow-up, would it be any different that refering to the PResident as "Barrack Hussin O." all the time?

    Thoughts (bring it on FF! )?
    Both are attempts to use names (something beyond the candidate's control) to support a narrative:

    "Willard" - he's weird, not like us, WASPy (without the P), born with a silver spoon, etc.

    "Hussein" - he's not really one of us, not really American, scary, probably a Muslim, probably supports terror (anyone remember the "terrorist fist bump"?)

    Both are ridiculous, but the "Hussein" thing is worse, IMO, because it seeks to stir up and rely on racial and/or religious prejudices. (And before anyone asks - yes, I think that's worse than appeals to class warfare)

  11. #31
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,763
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Both are attempts to use names (something beyond the candidate's control) to support a narrative:

    "Willard" - he's weird, not like us, WASPy (without the P), born with a silver spoon, etc.

    "Hussein" - he's not really one of us, not really American, scary, probably a Muslim, probably supports terror (anyone remember the "terrorist fist bump"?)

    Both are ridiculous, but the "Hussein" thing is worse, IMO, because it seeks to stir up and rely on racial and/or religious prejudices. (And before anyone asks - yes, I think that's worse than appeals to class warfare)
    What a coincidence I just saw a Jews for Jihad guy in the subway.

    Muslims perpretrate outrageous acts of terror in America and only demand an expansion of their sociopathic culture vs assimiliation or expressions of regret, yet there is no cause for suspicion.

    B. Hussein gives his 1st interview to al-Jazeera runs off to the ME to tell them how Islamic America is and bows to the keeper of the cube just before destablilizing the ME in favor of other Islamokooks.

    Yup ridiculous!
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 06-19-2012 at 12:13 PM.

  12. #32
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Parsippany, NJ
    Posts
    3,705
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Big assumption.

    Do you really believe anyone will still be listening to left wing talk shows in 8 years?
    Why would they listen in 8 years, when they don't now?

  13. #33
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    14,534
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    What a coincidence I just saw a Jews for Jihad guy in the subway.

    Muslims perpretrate outrageous acts of terror in America and only demand an expansion of their sociopathic culture vs assimiliation or expressions of regret, yet there is no cause for suspicion.

    B. Hussein gives his 1st interview to al-Jazeera runs off to the ME to tell them how Islamic America is and bows to the keeper of the cube just before destablilizing the ME in favor of other Islamokooks.

    Yup ridiculous!
    See what I mean?

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Both are attempts to use names (something beyond the candidate's control) to support a narrative:

    "Willard" - he's weird, not like us, WASPy (without the P), born with a silver spoon, etc.

    "Hussein" - he's not really one of us, not really American, scary, probably a Muslim, probably supports terror (anyone remember the "terrorist fist bump"?)

    Both are ridiculous, but the "Hussein" thing is worse, IMO, because it seeks to stir up and rely on racial and/or religious prejudices. (And before anyone asks - yes, I think that's worse than appeals to class warfare)

    Here's the difference. Romney has done virtually nothing to rake up abuse.
    Obama has generated one bad piece of work after another to include bowing to various Islamic regimes and treating Israel shabbily.

    Late breaking. Liberal media is now attacking Ann Romney because HER horse qualified for the London Olympics. That's bad why?
    Money? Libs don't realize that horses are owned as pets by 2.5% of ALL American households. That's above the evil 1%. 8 million horses as pets (not working farm animals).
    The bottom line is Obama has brought some things on himself and is treated with derision. Not Romney.

  15. #35
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,165
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    That's bad why?
    It's just funny.

    Pubs went from Bush...touted for his folksiness, brush-clearing abilities and country attitude.


    To....


    Mittens. A guy who wouldn't know how to operate a weedwacker let alone clear any brush.


    That kinda thing used to matter to the Republican Party. It's so bad, that Obama has picked John Kerry to play Mitt Romney in his mock debate rehearsals. Your party is electing A Massachusetts elitist...lolz.

  16. #36
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    14,534
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Here's the difference. Romney has done virtually nothing to rake up abuse.
    Obama has generated one bad piece of work after another to include bowing to various Islamic regimes and treating Israel shabbily.
    And did that come before or after conservative talking heads started emphasizing the "Hussein" in his name?

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    And did that come before or after conservative talking heads started emphasizing the "Hussein" in his name?
    Honestly do not recall. But am sure it intensified.
    I think Michelle brought a lot on also with her "First time I've been proud" comments.
    Obama has enough negatives associated with him. He doesn't need more. I admit I like to call hom The Hawaiian as a joke. A man without a state. I do believe he is American born. Just an American with poor values.

  18. #38
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,763
    B. Hussein is what he is. The worst POTUS ever.

    A non natural born American who should have been disqualified from running for POTUS in the 1st place raised and brought up in the Muslim cult exploited every connection/waiver/exception and quota he could to get into schools or travelling to prohibited Muslim countries...who moved on to the racist BLT church urged by the vile Lady Macobama...who digs up sealed records when it suits him (Joe the Plumber, Ryan senate race) and sends records to Davy Jones' Locker when it suits him (Birth, academic, citizenship, passports, LA Times video of him with terror supporter)

  19. #39
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,814
    Gee, if you're right why isn't Newt the GOP nominee?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    B. Hussein is what he is. The worst POTUS ever.

    A non natural born American who should have been disqualified from running for POTUS in the 1st place raised and brought up in the Muslim cult exploited every connection/waiver/exception and quota he could to get into schools or travelling to prohibited Muslim countries...who moved on to the racist BLT church urged by the vile Lady Macobama...who digs up sealed records when it suits him (Joe the Plumber, Ryan senate race) and sends records to Davy Jones' Locker when it suits him (Birth, academic, citizenship, passports, LA Times video of him with terror supporter)

  20. #40
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    B. Hussein is what he is. The worst POTUS ever.

    A non natural born American who should have been disqualified from running for POTUS in the 1st place raised and brought up in the Muslim cult exploited every connection/waiver/exception and quota he could to get into schools or travelling to prohibited Muslim countries...who moved on to the racist BLT church urged by the vile Lady Macobama...who digs up sealed records when it suits him (Joe the Plumber, Ryan senate race) and sends records to Davy Jones' Locker when it suits him (Birth, academic, citizenship, passports, LA Times video of him with terror supporter)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us