Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Is winning the division too much of a stretch?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Spectre;4496732]Is RayRay always this RahRah about the Jets?

Does he ever post things he wishes they would do to improve the team or does he always post with his green glasses on and a Patriot chip on his shoulder?

I can see by SG's posts he is Mr. Anti-Patriot personified.[/QUOTE]

What "RahRah" are you talking about in this thread?

It's cute and all that you're here to back your dumbass bretheren who do nothing but troll the site, but at least make sense doing it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4496870]If you listened to the article Jenny just wrote about the new offense you would know that the receivers were locked into their routes, and we kept running the same plays even though we were playing into the defenses hand. Santonio said that many times Mark would be forced into staring down a receiver, because of the play calling, and now they would have the freedom to adjust their routes...so fear not there is still hope.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I think the rigidity of the offensive scheme the last few years has to do with Sanchez's inability to read a defense and make the right decision. Rather than put the onus on him to adjust at the line- keep it basic and let him focus on his set progressions. In fact, the entire scheme was built around covering for Sanchez and eliminating his mistakes, w/ a sprinkle of wildcat to take him out of it entirely. You really think adding "flexibility" or freedom to adjust routes on the fly is going to be a good thing- especially w/ the cast of inexperienced players he is going to be passing to?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Sroger;4496901]Personally, I think the rigidity of the offensive scheme the last few years has to do with Sanchez's inability to read a defense and make the right decision. Rather than put the onus on him to adjust at the line- keep it basic and let him focus on his set progressions. In fact, the entire scheme was built around covering for Sanchez and eliminating his mistakes, w/ a sprinkle of wildcat to take him out of it entirely. You really think adding "flexibility" or freedom to adjust routes on the fly is going to be a good thing- especially w/ the cast of inexperienced players he is going to be passing to?[/QUOTE]

There is a lot of truth to this, good post.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Sroger;4496901]Personally, I think the rigidity of the offensive scheme the last few years has to do with Sanchez's inability to read a defense and make the right decision. Rather than put the onus on him to adjust at the line- keep it basic and let him focus on his set progressions. In fact, the entire scheme was built around covering for Sanchez and eliminating his mistakes, w/ a sprinkle of wildcat to take him out of it entirely. You really think adding "flexibility" or freedom to adjust routes on the fly is going to be a good thing- especially w/ the cast of inexperienced players he is going to be passing to?[/QUOTE]

Totally agree with this as well, that is going to put a tremendous amount of pressure on Sanchez to read and anticipate. It also puts the pressure on a guy like Hill, who is learning a pro offense and also learning read-and-react routes in his rookie year.

I guess I'm still confused as to how Schotty's offense was overly complex/"too creative for its own good" but rigid, while Sparano's offense is going to be simpler and more "down your throat" but more flexible.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 06-21-2012 at 03:42 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4496630][B]
    Why do you always have to go out of your way, on a New York Jets fan site, to correct Jet fans in regards to feeling good about our team?[/B]

It's not about trophies. Two AFC Championship games during a three year period just goes to show that our franchise is heading in the right direction under both Ryan and Sanchez. Sanchez and the Jets have eliminated QB's and teams such as Palmer and the Bengals, Rivers and the Chargers, Brady and the Patriots as well as Manning and the Colts, all on the road as playoff road warriors.

And if the Jets were "0-4" during AFC Championship games, then please explain how Joe Namath and the Jets ended up playing in one of the greatest SB's (championship games) of all-time.

But yeah, what the Jets have done during our first 3 years under coach Ryan and Sanchez is stuff that you Patriots trolls (not fans, but trolls) said was never possible during the offseason of 2009. A.) Winning games. B.) Top 5 D's. C.) Eliminating NE from the playoffs etc, etc.

:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I agree with no patriot fan thought the jets were going to eliminate them in a playoff game, and if another on comes this year, I will think the same.

As far as winning games, I don't know where your getting that. They were 9-7 under Mangini and had the same record under Rex the next year.

On Rex, I don't know if it was on this site or another that patriot fans were giving Rex **** for calling a time out with Balt during a pats game as a C0-od, just before the Bart Scott throwing the ball in the endzone.

Personally, I did not think that the jets were to continue bringing in high priced guys, so I thought they may take a step back while they built thru the draft by trading down and getting multiple picks.

As far as heading in the right direction this is the year that will show that, either last year was an aberation, or a turning point.

I also agree with you that most of the patriot fans that post here do so with the intent to get a rise out of the jet fans.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4496870]If you listened to the article Jenny just wrote about the new offense you would know that the receivers were locked into their routes, and we kept running the same plays even though we were playing into the defenses hand. Santonio said that many times Mark would be forced into staring down a receiver, because of the play calling, and now they would have the freedom to adjust their routes...so fear not there is still hope.[/QUOTE]

I never heard Santonio say that Mark staring down receivers was due to play calling ... Link.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Exactly. Adjusting routes on the fly may lead to an even worse performance than last year by Sanchez. If he see's a defense one way and his recievers see it another, he could be in for more INT'S. Unless he all of a sudden can read defenses, get his timing down with the recievers and have the recievers all on the same page, it could get ugly fast.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LadainianIMnotDONE;4496721]Jordy just got run over a Limo. I always knew you'd go out in style.[/QUOTE]
    Your obsession with me is a bit disturbing.

By the way, since Ladainian IS done, when will you be changing your ghey screen name?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitley truth to this, and I'm sure that's what an honest Schotty would say if confronted with a "guys didn't have flexibility" argument: I was handcuffed with Sanchez.

As others have said, we'll find out a lot this year -- how much of the problem was Sanchez, whether we're able to impose our will with Sparano's running game, etc. Obviously Sanchez taking the next step and becoming more efficient at reading NFL defenses is as key as anything. There's no doubt in my mind he cares enough, I think he's dedicated. We'll see if he has it in him. This year is pretty much his career -- if he stinks here he probably just isn't that good and will never be in a situation better than this to succeed again.

It's definitley possible Sanchez is just a dummy who can't read defenses -- there's no question his best play seems to be instinctual and his worst play (i.e. 2011 Ravens game) is when he needs to make adjustments and gets confused by a good defense. I'll choose to believe he can turn it around, but obviously 2012 is it for him.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4496241]It's the off-season.

The majority of Jets fans always predict 12+ wins and a division title every June and July.[/QUOTE]I`m not in the majority. The Jets will win about 7 games. Maybe 9 if things go their way. Have to wait until final rosters are done and who`s out for the season, etc.. Until then, it`s all specualtion. I just see too many self called Jets fans dreaming a little too much. They are going to take a step back(7-9) or a step forward(9-7).

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]Originally Posted by Sroger
    Personally, I think the rigidity of the offensive scheme the last few years has to do with Sanchez's inability to read a defense and make the right decision. Rather than put the onus on him to adjust at the line- keep it basic and let him focus on his set progressions. In fact, the entire scheme was built around covering for Sanchez and eliminating his mistakes, w/ a sprinkle of wildcat to take him out of it entirely. You really think adding "flexibility" or freedom to adjust routes on the fly is going to be a good thing- especially w/ the cast of inexperienced players he is going to be passing to?

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure I completely agree with this. There is some truth in there but I also find it strange that Sanchez excelled in the 2 minute offense where he was given the ability to adjust plays on the fly and call playa at the LOS. There was never anything basic with Schotty's offense, it called for a ton of movement and shifts which didn't work and quite honestly I think confused the hell out of some of our players.

As far as winning the division or even guessing at a win total, let's see if we can even play winning football first. There are a ton of questions heading into this season and we really won't know how/if they were really addressed until they start playing games.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the defense plays up to it's billing it's possible. It will come down to beating the Pats 2x which the giants have shown can happen with pressure. We're never going to outscore NE, like Indy of yore did. If the defense can handle them, the whole team will be given a chance to take the division throughout the rest of the season.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4497286]Your obsession with me is a bit disturbing.

By the way, since Ladainian IS done, when will you be changing your ghey screen name?[/QUOTE]

I hope you don't hang around to that one for too long. You're looking desperate and sad. I actually feel bad for you. Your rep has taking a huge bashing. I don't like kicking a dead horse either ... take care of yourself.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CleatMarks;4495034]Don't overlook Buffalo. They have improved their defense (on paper) this offseason. In terms of the Pats, if the o-line holds up and the defense is middle of the pack, I see the Pats going deep into the playoffs again.[/QUOTE]

[B][SIZE="3"]News flash: The Bills are closer to dethroning the mighty Patriots in the AFC East than the big, brash Jets.[/SIZE][/B]

Rex Ryan might love his team, or at least profess to, but it says right here they're not even the second-best team in the state of New York. That would be the long-downtrodden Bills, who can rightfully lay claim to having the best offseason in the league. After 12 playoff-less seasons, the longest active drought in the NFL, there's hope again in Buffalo. And this time, it's there for good reason.

While the second-place Jets (8-8 in 2011) were busy creating a potential team-splitting quarterback controversy for themselves with the Tim Tebow trade, not to mention the dubious decision to draft a 4-3 defensive end to play in their 3-4 front (Quinton Coples), the fourth-place Bills (6-10) were adding and retaining quality pieces to the puzzle at every turn. Be it their re-signing of key veterans Stevie Johnson, Fred Jackson or Scott Chandler, their drafting of talents such as Stephon Gilmore, Cordy Glenn and T.J. Graham, or their headline acquisitions of Mario Williams, Mark Anderson and Vince Young in free agency, the Bills have made moves to get better. Maybe a lot better.

The Jets? They've made a messy locker room situation that much messier. Life under Ryan in New York will never be friction-free, but pouring gas on the fire and expecting things to settle down is a curious approach to say the least.

[url]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...?sct=nfl_wr_a1[/url]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4498114][B][SIZE="3"]News flash: The Bills are closer to dethroning the mighty Patriots in the AFC East than the big, brash Jets.[/SIZE][/B]

Rex Ryan might love his team, or at least profess to, but it says right here they're not even the second-best team in the state of New York. That would be the long-downtrodden Bills, who can rightfully lay claim to having the best offseason in the league. After 12 playoff-less seasons, the longest active drought in the NFL, there's hope again in Buffalo. And this time, it's there for good reason.

While the second-place Jets (8-8 in 2011) were busy creating a potential team-splitting quarterback controversy for themselves with the Tim Tebow trade, not to mention the dubious decision to draft a 4-3 defensive end to play in their 3-4 front (Quinton Coples), the fourth-place Bills (6-10) were adding and retaining quality pieces to the puzzle at every turn. Be it their re-signing of key veterans Stevie Johnson, Fred Jackson or Scott Chandler, their drafting of talents such as Stephon Gilmore, Cordy Glenn and T.J. Graham, or their headline acquisitions of Mario Williams, Mark Anderson and Vince Young in free agency, the Bills have made moves to get better. Maybe a lot better.

The Jets? They've made a messy locker room situation that much messier. Life under Ryan in New York will never be friction-free, but pouring gas on the fire and expecting things to settle down is a curious approach to say the least.

[url]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...?sct=nfl_wr_a1[/url][/QUOTE]

24 hrs passes and this is all you can come up with? Get a life

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Correction 36 hrs has passed since you were *****slapped and ran away

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dunnie;4496960]I never heard Santonio say that Mark staring down receivers was due to play calling ... Link.[/QUOTE]

Asked if Sparano’s offense could help in situations like that, Holmes said last week, “No question.”

“It allows us to have a little bit more fun,” Holmes said. “And to know when you mess up, it’s on us or the quarterback, because of a certain sight or certain be-where-you-are-supposed-to-be-at type deal.”

He added: “It gives (Sanchez) options now. He doesn’t have to stare down one receiver to get him the ball. He can throw the ball wherever he wants to, based on the coverage.”

[url]http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2012/06/explaining_how_tony_sparanos_n.html[/url]

You should have already read this if you're a Jets fan or a troll that wants to argue from an informed position.

You guy like to agree with anything that supports your position. Good for you. I seem to be the only one saying that if I'm wrong we'll know soon. The rest of you will come up with some excuse. Sorry Sanchez has had stretches where he's been unstoppable, and you don't just forget how to read defenses. Those were times I thought Shotty might just turn the corner, but apparently those games were just when Shotty guessed right about a defense, and the other coach was just as stubborn as him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4498114][B][SIZE="3"]News flash: The Bills are closer to dethroning the mighty Patriots in the AFC East than the big, brash Jets.[/SIZE][/B]

[url]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...?sct=nfl_wr_a1[/url][/QUOTE]

As long as put-put Fitzpatrick is leading the way, the Jets should finish ahead of the Bills. Unless of course their defense becomes superior to ours, which I don't think will happen initially.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=124;4498143]As long as put-put Fitzpatrick is leading the way, the Jets should finish ahead of the Bills. Unless of course their defense becomes superior to ours, which I don't think will happen initially.[/QUOTE]

"Put-Put Fitzpatrick" is on the same level as Sanchez, but with a vertical passing game.

I agree with your comment about the Bills defense. If they are just middle-of-the-road, the Bills will probably be a .500 team. If they step it up this season, the Bills could easily win 9 or 10 games.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL at anyone who actually thinks the Bills will be better than the Jets this year.

The ultimate "flavor of the month" trendy pick that doesn't pan out. They have less talent than the Jets in almost every area and haven't had a winning record in almost a decade.

They signed Mario Williams -- big whoop.

Jets are 5-1 against them under Rex... I'll beleive in the Bills when I see it. If Pats fans want to troll us about the Pats being better than the Jets fine, they're right. If they want to troll us about the Bills they can GTFO. As Ladanian said last year (before the Jets curb stomped them in their own house) "they are the same old Bills."