Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Is winning the division too much of a stretch?

Banned
    [QUOTE=GreenWave;4495282]I think the Jets realize they can't cover those guys. So that's part of the philosophy change to play more 4-3 - the only way to neutralize that trio is to hit Brady early and often.

Do they have the horses? Only if Coples is a beast out of the gate, Wilkerson demonstrates a huge jump in year 2, Pace gets back to his '08/'09 form, and Maybin builds off of his momentum from last year. I wouldn't put money on all four of those things happening, but it's a possibility, especially with the scheme change.

The Jets are going all-in on getting QB pressure this year. It's the only true way to neutralize the Pats or any other offense, so since it's only June I'll say they can get it done.[/QUOTE]

That's an excellent post, and I agree 100%.

And I think that is exactly why you will be seeing the Jets play more 4-3 this year.

Banned
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4495108]Right. :rolleyes:

When was the last time the Jets had a home playoff game skippy?

Here's how the Pats have viewed the Jets [B][U]for over the last decade[/U][/B]:

[IMG]http://www.ultm8z.com/rear%20view%20mirror.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

O.K, we get it. The Patriots have been (and are) a much better football team when compared to the Jets. Do you really need to keep reminding us with 49,379 posts (and counting) of either A.) Making fun of the Jets, on a Jets fan site. B.) Crapping on our fan base. C.) Letting us know 'just how wrong we really are' when in regards to Jet fans being exciting about the team/franchise we've loved since childhood days and/or D.) Posting sarcastic pictures of doing all of the above.

All I know is this, it's not a coincidence that Bill Belichick, Tom Brady and the New England Patriots won 3 championships during their first 5 years together, but yet, haven't won a super bowl since spygate came out; which was 7 years ago. Tom Brady just can't seem to beat Eli Manning and the Giants without knowing the other teams playbook and signal calls. If the Jets ever win another super bowl, at least (as a fan base) we'll be able to say that we seen a legit SB winning team. An honest team in which won it the right way. The last time I checked? Bill Belichick got fined and the Patriots lost a 1st round draft pick due to cheating the rest of the league. Without cheating, NE would have never won a SB ring. Tarnished and tainted forever, so enjoy your NE Patriots franchise and I look forward to another 40,000+ posts of PatsFanTx laughing at the Jets.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Rob0729;4495286]2002 - 9-7
    2003 - 14-2
    2004 - 14-2
    2005 - 10-6
    2006- 12-4
    2007 - 16-0
    2008 - 11-5
    2009 - 10-6
    2010 - 14-2
    2011 - 13-3

So four years in the last decade the Pats finished with 11 or less wins. Four out of ten is definitely considered most. Less than half is most. That is the facts.

BTW, in the same time period, the Jets have had 11 or more wins just once and 10 or more wins only three times. The Jets have had double digit wins in the regular season only once in the Ryan era and the Pats have not had double digit wins only once in the Brady era including the year that Brady didn't play due to injuries.[/QUOTE]

It's a good thing you're a part of the Patriots organization and were such a big part in all this success.

I mean, it would be kind of sad if you were just some loser who needed to brag about somebody else's accomplishments in order to be able to rub something in somebody you've never met's face.

[QUOTE=Wiggy;4495066]12-4!?!?!?!?

LOL Yeah ok.....the Jets won't even make the playoffs.[/QUOTE]

Just like we had no shot in the playoffs after the 45-3 game. :rolleyes:

We know what happens when your predictions go wrong, heres hoping to another 6 month absence.

[QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4495294]Don't feed the trolls. The Jets and Pats have been evenly matched the past 3 years. They have Tom Brady, so obviously we have the better team. If Sanchez takes a step up then we will finally pass them. If not then will probably fall in the marathon of a season, but beat them in the playoffs again. They are more consistent than we are, but Sporano just may change that.

Don't listen to PFT or JWN. Their sole purpose is to "troll" the boards and derail any conversation with a shred of optimism.[/QUOTE]

I would agree that two out of the three years, the Pats and Jets were fairly evenly matched. The Jets took a significant step back last year though.

Not sure how this turned into another Pats/Jets argument but no one else thinks the Bills are dangerous?

[QUOTE=CleatMarks;4495313]Not sure how this turned into another Pats/Jets argument but no one else thinks the Bills are dangerous?[/QUOTE]

Their defense has def. improved but Fitz is not clutch

Veteran
    Brady is getting up there in age.
    Even though the rule changes favor the qb and are probably going to prolong careers, his inevitable decline in physical ability will happen sooner rather then later.
    The only question is whether it will be gradual or sudden.

That being said, the division is probably still out of reach this season.

No reason the Jets can't win the division. They need to split with the Pats (which they have proven they can do) and avoid multiple lapses against weaker teams (which they haven't proven that they can do, but no reason they can't overcome that -- the talent is there).

[QUOTE=Austin;4495305]It's a good thing you're a part of the Patriots organization and were such a big part in all this success.

I mean, it would be kind of sad if you were just some loser who needed to brag about somebody else's accomplishments in order to be able to rub something in somebody you've never met's face.[/QUOTE]

Who is rubbing in anything in anyone's face? I am responding to someone who claimed his incorrect perceptions were facts were proof that the Pats were beatable for the division. I could have countered that the Jets have no shot because a majority of the decade, the Jets haven't won more than 6 wins in a season and been as right as he was.

Way to throw a red herring into fact that I was only pointing out incorrect facts and faulty logic.

[QUOTE=CleatMarks;4495313]Not sure how this turned into another Pats/Jets argument but no one else thinks the Bills are dangerous?[/QUOTE]

I think if Fred Jackson can stay healthy, they will be the bigger challenge to the Jets to make the playoffs than the Pats.

[QUOTE=Rob0729;4495322]I think if Fred Jackson can stay healthy, they will be the bigger challenge to the Jets to make the playoffs than the Pats.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about bigger challenge, but certainly if you were building a team for the sole purpose of beating the Patriots, Fred Jackson is the guy you would want as your RB.

[QUOTE=chops44;4495318]Brady is getting up there in age.
    Even though the rule changes favor the qb and are probably going to prolong careers, his inevitable decline in physical ability will happen sooner rather then later.
    The only question is whether it will be gradual or sudden.

That being said, the division is probably still out of reach this season.[/QUOTE]

Not neccessarily. Look at Rich Gannon. He won the league MVP at age 37 (went to the Super Bowl and Lost). Kurt Warner had his second best year at age 37 (went to the Super Bowl and lost). Brett Favre had his best statistical year at age 40 (lost in overtime in the NFC Championship Game).

It is possible that Brady plays at an elite level for 3-4 more years or longer especially with all the new rules that protect the QB.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Rob0729;4495321]Who is rubbing in anything in anyone's face? I am responding to someone who claimed his incorrect perceptions were facts were proof that the Pats were beatable for the division. I could have countered that the Jets have no shot because a majority of the decade, the Jets haven't won more than 6 wins in a season and been as right as he was.

Way to throw a red herring into fact that I was only pointing out incorrect facts and faulty logic.[/QUOTE]

You're right -- the Pats fans on this board totally exist to talk football and not to troll the s**t out of everything.

You guys realize this was an optimistic thread about how the Jets can win the division that has as many posts in it from Patriots fans as Jets fans, right?

You losers sit around waiting for the oppurtunity to act like dbags and act condescending over something you have nothing to do with. It's pathetic -- I'm embarassed for you.

All Pro
    Also, waiting for Brady to retire is idiotic. If it's not the Pats it's going to be someone else.

The reality is the league is contructed now to favor elite QBs -- the only way you're going to be a contedner year in and year out (best way to win a title is to be a contender for a several year window) is to have an elite QB.

That's why for the next five years or so the Packers, Giants, Pats, Saints, and possibly Steelers will consistently be mentioned as potential championship teams.

We sink or swim with Sanchez this year. If we sink we dump him and try to acquire a new franchsie QB.

And no, Tebow is not that guy. Tebow sucks.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Austin;4495305]It's a good thing you're a part of the Patriots organization and were such a big part in all this success.

I mean, it would be kind of sad if you were just some loser who needed to brag about somebody else's accomplishments in order to be able to rub something in somebody you've never met's face.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. 99.9% of these trolls come on a Jets fan site to troll about previous records due to the fact that they lack the knowledge to talk about different aspects of the game in order to match/compete with the knowledge of a New York fan base.

They just can't take the fact, that after Brady (who's turning 35) the Patriots (as a franchise) will be looked at in the same types of ways that we've looked at the Browns, Lions and Raiders over the years. They'll soon become "that team" of the AFC East that fans around the league no longer care enough to even talk about anymore. The Jets on the other hand? He'll always be relevant, and in the sports spotlight, for the simple fact we're a New York franchise and that, will never change. So, I guess they have to get their trolling/bragging out of them now, before they go back to being the fan base with empty stadiums consisting of fans with brown paper bags hiding their face.

Poster such as Rob (2009) PatsFanTx (2003) joined after the Patriots won a SB. Where were they posting before that?
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 06-19-2012 at 01:22 PM.

[QUOTE=AFCEastFan;4495327]I don't know about bigger challenge, but certainly if you were building a team for the sole purpose of beating the Patriots, Fred Jackson is the guy you would want as your RB.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I think the Pats win the division by a couple of games. I think the Bills and Jets will be battling for the Wild Card. I could be wrong, but I think the Pats have improved enough to put some padding with the rest of the division (which they already had last year). I think Lloyd gives them a deep threat that they didn't have since Moss fell apart and Gaffney gives them depth at WR. The defense can't get any worse than it was last year although the talk about how bad the defense was is overrated because they were closer to lower middle of the pack than the worst.

I am not convinced the Jets have really improved. A lot of the defensive moves come with question marks. LaRon Landry is a big pick up if he can stay healthy. The rookie additions are question marks until they prove it on the field. Although I thought Burress was not very good, he was at least good in the red zone and played a big role in them rebounding from the worst red zone offense in 2010. I don't know if the Jets have a WR to replace him on the roster.

I think the Bills are improve and before they lost Jackson they were heading for an 8-8 type of season (same as the Jets). With an improved defense, they have a shot at 9 to 10 wins (possibly more) if they can stay healthy.

I think the Pats get 12-14 wins (barring injuries) and I don't think anyone else in the division can match that.

Hall Of Fame

Aren't we all talking about someone else's achievements or failures?

:dunno:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Gata;4495317]Their defense has def. improved but Fitz is not clutch[/QUOTE]

I agree. I also think they had a tremendous draft.

Let's see. New poster from Florida. Where I have I seen this before?

Hmmmm . . .

[QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4495302] All I know is this, it's not a coincidence that Bill Belichick, Tom Brady and the New England Patriots won 3 championships during their first 5 years together, but yet, haven't won a super bowl since spygate came out; which was 7 years ago. Tom Brady just can't seem to beat Eli Manning and the Giants without knowing the other teams playbook and signal calls. If the Jets ever win another super bowl, at least (as a fan base) we'll be able to say that we seen a legit SB winning team. An honest team in which won it the right way. [B]The last time I checked?[/B] Bill Belichick got fined and the Patriots lost a 1st round draft pick due to cheating the rest of the league. Without cheating, NE would have never won a SB ring. Tarnished and tainted forever, so enjoy your NE Patriots franchise and I look forward to another 40,000+ posts of PatsFanTx laughing at the Jets.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm . . .

[QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4495339] They just can't take the fact, that after Brady (who's turning 35) the Patriots (as a franchise) will be looked at in the same types of ways that we've looked at the Browns, Lions and Raiders over the years. They'll soon become "that team" of the AFC East that fans around the league no longer care enough to even talk about anymore. [B]The Jets on the other hand?[/B] He'll always be relevant, and in the sports spotlight, for the simple fact we're a New York franchise and that, will never change. So, I guess they have to get their trolling/bragging out of them now, before they go back to being the fan base with empty stadiums consisting of fans with brown paper bags hiding their face.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe I'm just imagining things. :dunno: