Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Is winning the division too much of a stretch?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Is winning the division too much of a stretch?

Not rhetorical by any means. I'm just trying to get an idea of what some Jet fans expectations are like. I haven't see any talk of winning the division which is good cause people are focused on other area's and etc but what are your expectations going into this season? Seems like everyone here that I see talk about what they expect this season at best is a wild-card birth and possibly trying to make a run cause they think NE is going 14-2 or 13-3 at worst. I think NE's squeaked out wins last year that next year they might not be able to do so. They are still very young on defense, not physical, and who knows if Brady will take a step back. Obviously you still need to beat NE if you're the Jets but I'm not thinking wild card strictly this year like some people I see on the forum. I'm interested to see how this team comes back from what happened last year early on when the season starts.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    As long as Tom Brady and Bill Belichick are there the Jets have a minimal shot to win the AFCE. I mean have the Jets won it since Brady has been there? I think in 2005 on a tie breaker was the only time if I'm correct. That Patriots team was the 2nd worst in Belichick's tenure as HC of the NEP. They won only 9 games, the same as the Jets.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're going to have a good season at the most we'll probably go 12-4

But this yr the Pats have an easy schedule so inevitably they'll take it :(

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Gata;4494834]We're going to have a good season at the most we'll probably go 12-4

But this yr the Pats have an easy schedule so inevitably they'll take it :([/QUOTE]

is the Jets schedule harder than the Pats?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just love how Patriot fans flock to threads like this.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    a little early for this talk imho
    how about a winning record?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4494838]I just love how Patriot fans flock to threads like this.[/QUOTE]

It's an interesting topic . which thread would you expect us in? :confused: 1986 Jets vs. Browns

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    If Brady were to get injured maybe.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Gata;4494834]We're going to have a good season at the most we'll probably go 12-4

But this yr the Pats have an easy schedule so inevitably they'll take it :([/QUOTE]

The real difference in the schedule is the Pats play the Jets twice and the Jets have to play the Pats. If that's what you mean by easier, you won't get an argument from me.

IMO, there's no way the Jets win 4 more games than last year. I expect the same record if things fall right for your team.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4494838]I just love how Patriot fans flock to threads like this.[/QUOTE]

Because the topic is the jets place in the division, not who is starting at RT for the jets.

The pats won 13 games last year and should even be a better team this year,
    With Lloyd, Gafney, Fells, Fannae and Gregory.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, Buzzsaw. I think you're on to something brilliant. If Brady gets injured and Belicheck has amnesia (after game 1) and the Jets score a min of 4 TDs each and every game, then I'd say the Jets have a chance... to tie.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4494841]It's an interesting topic . which thread would you expect us in? :confused: 1986 Jets vs. Browns[/QUOTE]

But you don't discuss, you dismiss.

Try and think of reasons why the Jets could possibly win the division, without sounding completely biased. Just try.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LadainianIMnotDONE;4494815]Not rhetorical by any means. I'm just trying to get an idea of what some Jet fans expectations are like. I haven't see any talk of winning the division which is good cause people are focused on other area's and etc but what are your expectations going into this season? Seems like everyone here that I see talk about what they expect this season at best is a wild-card birth and possibly trying to make a run cause they think NE is going 14-2 or 13-3 at worst. I think NE's squeaked out wins last year that next year they might not be able to do so. They are still very young on defense, not physical, and who knows if Brady will take a step back. Obviously you still need to beat NE if you're the Jets but I'm not thinking wild card strictly this year like some people I see on the forum. I'm interested to see how this team comes back from what happened last year early on when the season starts.[/QUOTE]
    Odds are against it, but its possible. If we could have showed up in Foxboro Dec 2010, we would have won the division. Sweep their ass and the division is ours

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I.m very interested to see what that Jets O can do under Sparano.

He could be the big change the Jets need .

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    very much so buffalo is better than us right now and the pats are light years ahead.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4494848]But you don't discuss, you dismiss.

Try and think of reasons why the Jets could possibly win the division, without sounding completely biased. Just try.[/QUOTE]

I just posted something about sprano before seeing this. So there. :D

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4494850]I.m very interested to see what that Jets O can do under Sparano.

He could be the big change the Jets need .[/QUOTE]

????????????????

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't ignore Buffalo. Last year Buffalo was a .500 team until Fred Jackson went down. They've bolstered a brutal defense this offseason.....they should be a riser.
    Interesting factoid from 2011....the Jets, Buffalo and Miami were all brutal on the road....young QB syndrome???
    Face it.....Brady vs Sanchez.....no way the Jets surpasss NE

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GuidoYaztremski;4494844]The real difference in the schedule is the Pats play the Jets twice and the Jets have to play the Pats. If that's what you mean by easier, you won't get an argument from me.

IMO, there's no way the Jets win 4 more games than last year. I expect the same record if things fall right for your team.[/QUOTE]

"falling right" by definition would be better play from the QB, RT, run game and pass rush...

Improvements in those areas along with an easier schedule would imply more wins...

Troll on though bro...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4494848]But you don't discuss, you dismiss.

Try and think of reasons why the Jets could possibly win the division, without sounding completely biased. Just try.[/QUOTE]

You're asking him to talk football, which he knows **** about. Good luck getting a worthwhile response.