Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poll: Independents like immigration move

[QUOTE=Trades;4495925]Conservatives aren't anti-imigration they are anti-ILLEGAL-imigration. Big difference. How many illegals have served in the military? I have to guess the number is VERY low.

I can see both sides. There is a point of principal that says they should all go back. They are here illegally and cut in line ahead of those willing to do things the right way. I would like to watch many of the amnesty crowd in line at the grocery store as people cut in front of them with loaded carts, lets have need 2 price checks, forget something and run and get it and then write checks for their order too. Oh and only 1 register is open too. I am sure you will be ok with it.

I also think that this is just another shoe horn to opening the door for everyone. Today, how about the nice kids. Tomorrow, well Carlos was only convicted of 1 violent felony but he wrote a nice kids book while he was in there so he deserves to stay.

On the other side I can see the reality of trying to get rid of these people. In a perfect world we could keep just the good ones. We all know that is impossible. If I KNEW it wouldn't grow larger I could live with this decision.

The right answer for me is to send people home with a form to fill out for re-admittance. Then open up legal immigration to more people. No criminals, no disease. OF course we still have a jobs issue and then we also have minimum wage keeping them from working for the pennies on the dollar that make them valuable in the first place. We are getting tons of H1(whatever) visa technical types coming here legally already. Those are the type of immigrants that we need. People that add to the pot rather than take.[/QUOTE]

It is a tricky situation for sure but I can see the pros and cons of both sides. I don't believe personally that the total number of jobs available is finite. Immigrants tend to own small businesses in much larger percentages then native born people. I think that border control is critical because of all the drugs and garbage like that coming up through the Mexican border. If we got the borders on lock down we can then look at the current situation and devise a solution.

Here is the deal. The world is filled with horrific conditions. People in Sri Lanka live in mud huts with no running water. Imagine if they found out that they can simply get on a plane, land in the USA and the government will provide housing, wellfare and free healthcare. All of the worlds impoverished would come here. Living on Wellfare in America is a higher standard of living then what people have in most 3rd world nations. That is an unacceptable situation. If someone is educated however it is a different story. We need people to come here and work. When Social Security was created there were 16 workers for every retiree. The system worked well. Today we have a 2-1 ratio and the system is bankrupting itself. We can use productive working people in our society. We don't have room for more takers however.

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Friday shows Mitt Romney attracting 48% of the vote, while President Obama earns 43%. Six percent (6%) prefer some other candidate, and another three percent (3%) are undecided. The president picks up support from just 35% of white voters overall. That’s eight points below the 43% of the white vote he won in 2008. Among white Democrats, 17% currently plan to vote for Romney. Just 33% (butt****ers, blacks and mexicans)now believe the president is doing a good or excellent job when it comes to the economy.

[url]http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll[/url]

The turd gets flushed in November.