Thread: throwing honor students in jail

JetsInsider.com Legend

throwing honor students in jail

[url]http://www.upworthy.com/why-honor-students-across-the-country-are-being-thrown-in-jail?c=bl3[/url]

Flame away.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Would a TLDR been so much to ask for? Link, to a video, no text?

Well, I assume it's "Undocumented Awesomericans Treated like Criminals by Racist White Men AmeriKKKans" stuff, as usual. If I get a chance later, I'll watch it, see if I'm right or not. No, thats a lie, I won't, because this issue has really drained any hope I had left for things here. If my view on immigration and the law really is such a minority position, well, so be it.

No Flame FF, if you support it, you support it. No one ever changes their minds here, so flaming you, or even trying to counter, is really quite the pointless. All credit to the elft, their PR machine is workign overtime on this with the "only babies brought here against their will", "It's not amnesty at all", "These are Americans, not illegals" and "It's only fairness, these are the ebst and brigthest americans" stuff. Clearly, it works.

I do wonder why my own family followed the Law. Why we waited when asked. Why we spent two years withotu my Dad, while he waited longer. We really should have just come.

Oh, by the way, I really enjoyed the popup at the linked site:

[QUOTE]I Stand With Warren Buffett

I believe the super-rich should pay their fair share.[/QUOTE]

My favorite word again, fair.
    Last edited by Warfish; 06-19-2012 at 10:14 AM.

All Pro
    the lib mindset is one that is mentally disturbed

they try to make folks feel guilty about enforcing laws and preventing their pockets from getting picked

"yup, you may be deporting the next Einstein or Marie Curie"

yet millions of budding Marie Curies and Einsteins have already been and will be snuffed :dizzy:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4495109]Would a TLDR been so much to ask for? Link, to a video, no text?

Well, I assume it's "Undocumented Awesomericans Treated like Criminals by Racist White Men AmeriKKKans" stuff, as usual. If I get a chance later, I'll watch it, see if I'm right or not. No, thats a lie, I won't, because this issue has really drained any hope I had left for things here. If my view on immigration and the law really is such a minority position, well, so be it.

No Flame FF, if you support it, you support it. No one ever changes their minds here, so flaming you, or even trying to counter, is really quite the pointless. All credit to the elft, their PR machine is workign overtime on this with the "only babies brought here against their will", "It's not amnesty at all", "These are Americans, not illegals" and "It's only fairness, these are the ebst and brigthest americans" stuff. Clearly, it works.

I do wonder why my own family followed the Law. Why we waited when asked. Why we spent two years withotu my Dad, while he waited longer. We really should have just come.

My favorite word again, fair.[/QUOTE]

Wow, not even a peek? Way to be open mined.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=FF2®;4495992]Wow, not even a peek? Way to be open mined.[/QUOTE]

Being open minded on a black and white issue is not something to be priased for.

For me, a legal immigrant and citizen, the issue of illegal immigration is very much a black and white issue of Law and law breaking. No reward, benefit, preference, service or anything similar should be provided to illegals. They should all be deported as they are uncovered. I've read more than enough counter-viewpoint to be educated on the pro-illegal side, and I find that argument to be completely unconvincing.

There is no circumstance where any "honor student" illegal will be in a situation that would cause me to believe that they deserve anything other than a deportation back to their home nation, and a spot at the back of the line of legal immigration requests from that nation.

I am aware this is a small minority view on this forum, with both (R) and (D) in favor of some form of DREAM Act or Amnesty. Even my own nominal party (The Libertarian Party) supports open borders. I am unswayed at this time.

This nation was built on the back breaking hard work of immigrants, many of whom came here illegally. To simply state that all illegal immigrants including their children should simply be deported as a solution is ridiculous.

I guess I feel some compassion for these children since my family was sponsored by my uncle, an American Citizen who initially came here illegally.

There probably is a better solution than simply "lets deport all of them".

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4496281]There is no circumstance where any "honor student" illegal will be in a situation that would cause me to believe that they deserve anything other than a deportation back to their home nation, and a spot at the back of the line of legal immigration requests from that nation.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes I wish I lived in your world.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=FF2®;4496333]Sometimes I wish I lived in your world.[/QUOTE]

I assure you, you do not. You'd be perenially unhappy, dissapointed and alone, politically speaking. And when you get angry about it all enough, you say mean, hurtful things that don;t progress your argument, but instead make you look like an, idiot, an *******.

To me it is a basic question of right and wrong. Illegal immigration is wrong. It cheats those who follow the Law. And it cheats existing American Citizens and lowers the value of their citizenship.

Does some good come from some illegals? Certainly.

Does that outweight the bad (and for every truly innocent honor roll student illegal, I can cite a drunk illegal who DWI's and kills someone or an MS13 member or a Rapist or just a bagful of average, run of the mill dropout illegal kids) of their illegal action to be here, or the bad done by OTHER illegals who should never have been here?

No.

And again, I can't find support for rewarding lawlessness and illegallity. I am as stridently pro-pot-legalization as they come...but not pro-amnesty for those who smoked it or possessed it or dealt it illegally, and I don;t smoke it myself. It's illegal.

In any event, is what it is. It's a lost issue. Amnesty is here (again) and eventually the legislature will back it up on their end with the DREAM Act or similar, and thats that. Game over.
    Last edited by Warfish; 06-20-2012 at 03:06 PM.

[QUOTE=Warfish;4495109]Would a TLDR been so much to ask for? Link, to a video, no text?

My favorite word again, fair.[/QUOTE]

Warren buffet owes Billion dollars in back taxes . He been fighting for years with the IRs. (since 2002) IF he truly believes the rich should pay their fair share than why doesn't he pay his bill already.

YEs I don't care if that person is an honor student or a Bum. The united states laws were violated and they should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. My tax dollars should pay for someone that shouldn't be here to go to school.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 06-21-2012 at 01:10 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    *I don't get the outrage®.

*All Rights Reserved, FF2® Holdings Inc.

[QUOTE=FF2®;4495072][url]http://www.upworthy.com/why-honor-students-across-the-country-are-being-thrown-in-jail?c=bl3[/url]

Flame away.[/QUOTE]

Parading out the 1%er's

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Jetworks;4497794]*I don't get the outrage®.

*All Rights Reserved, FF2® Holdings Inc.[/QUOTE]

How goes the new job?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4497815]How goes the new job?[/QUOTE]

Haven't started yet, that was only a short externship. I'll likely be going into a hospital setting whilst pursuing my RN. Thanks for asking.:cool:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Jetworks;4497854]Haven't started yet, that was only a short externship. I'll likely be going into a hospital setting whilst pursuing my RN. Thanks for asking.:cool:[/QUOTE]

That's why the Asian guy went for it

[QUOTE=Warfish;4495109]

[/QUOTE]

I attended a HS graduation tonight. Some people got there over an hour early to get a good seat in the front. Turns out it didn't matter, because once the graduates started receiving their diplomas people ran to the front and stood right in front of the seated crowd (completely ignoring security's request to sit back down). Some even filtered into the graduates to get an "up close" shot. They talked through the salutatorian and valedictorian addresses to the point no one could hear what they were saying.

Face it, we just don't live in a "cultured" society anymore. The people who choose to do what is right are pretty much guaranteed to get screwed. And it's likely not going to change because those types of people aren't the ones who scream and complain until they get what they want.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=OCCH;4497990]Face it, we just don't live in a "cultured" society anymore. The people who choose to do what is right are pretty much guaranteed to get screwed. And it's likely not going to change because those types of people aren't the ones who scream and complain until they get what they want.[/QUOTE]

I agree.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Jetworks;4497854]Haven't started yet, that was only a short externship. I'll likely be going into a hospital setting whilst pursuing my RN. Thanks for asking.:cool:[/QUOTE]

Best of luck brother. I worked my way through college in groups homes for DD and mentally ill folks (no Jets fans I know about). NOT an easy job in any way. I don't think I've ever heard of an externship, but I'm tempted to make it my new word for sharting...."I just had a bit of an externship in me drawers and such". :D

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4498018]I agree.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't stay away Fish? ;)

[QUOTE=FF2®;4495072][url]http://www.upworthy.com/why-honor-students-across-the-country-are-being-thrown-in-jail?c=bl3[/url]

Flame away.[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.theblaze.com/stories/twice-deported-undocumented-worker-kills-houston-police-officer/[/url]

I want you to sneak into another country and see what happens when you break there laws. Lets see if they just send you back. Go ahead liberals try it.

Also what about immigrants that go about becoming US Citizens the legal way. They should take a back seat to people who had no respect for our laws.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 06-22-2012 at 09:25 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jungle Shift Jet;4497886]That's why the Asian guy went for it[/QUOTE]

Know what? I think you may be right about that. Makes sense.

[QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4498101]Best of luck brother. I worked my way through college in groups homes for DD and mentally ill folks (no Jets fans I know about). NOT an easy job in any way. I don't think I've ever heard of an externship, but I'm tempted to make it my new word for sharting...."I just had a bit of an externship in me drawers and such". :D[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I know it isn't easy, unfortunately I live it. What you did was truly noble work, though. I'm sure you are a better person for having done it.