Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: Ron Jaworski's QB Rankings - Tebow 30th, Sanchez 23rd

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK, Stokes has gotten the last word in. (It's important for those people to do so.)

End thread.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4499571]As you well know, my Mom died 2 years ago yesterday (would have been their 60th anniversary the day after she died).

_[/QUOTE]

Stokes, all animosity between us aside for a moment, I'm sorry about you Mom. Yesterday was the first anniversary of my Dad's passing and it's been one hell of a tough year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wait!!!! I take back what I said. This is getting good again.

What kind of a-hole makes light of someone's mother dying? Not sure if it gets any lower than that.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4499578]Wait!!!! I take back what I said. This is getting good again.

What kind of a-hole makes light of someone's mother dying? Not sure if it gets any lower than that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, looking back on that, it was very insensitive.

I think subconsciously, I was still reeling from the death of my father who had died tragically a short while before. And, I didn't even realize that I was in such pain at the time. I guess I tried to shut it all out.

He was 67, but in good health, he went on vacation to Costa Rica and the next thing I knew I got a call from the American Consulate down there saying that he had been caught in a rip-tide and had drown. It was crushing to me and my family. Despite the funeral service and everything, I think I was in emotional denial for a long time, and obviously a lot of pain. I was lashing out at a lot of people and not even understanding why I did it.

Took a few years to get through the pain, and not even sure I'm completely over it yet.

Physical exercise helps. I ran a marathon the year after my Dad died, and it was very theraputic. (Not do diminish Stokes' half-marathon - those are brutal as well and are an incredible accomplishment).

My mother is 82 now is not in the best of health. I'm not sure which is worse, having a parent die unexpectedly like my Dad, or watching one pass slowly like my Mom.

All part of life, I guess. But that doesn't make it any easier.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am sorry for everyone's loss. Losing a loved one is impossible to deal with. "One day at a time", I suppose. When people tell you not to take anything or anyone for granted, it is an understatement.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4499602]I am sorry for everyone's loss. Losing a loved one is impossible to deal with. "One day at a time", I suppose. When people tell you not to take anything or anyone for granted, it is an understatement.[/QUOTE]

That's true.

My wife has Multiple Sclerosis which is just a brutal degenerative, debilitating disease.

But, I tell you what, she has absolutely the best outlook on life. It's unbeleivable. And, despite all her phyical challenges, she holds a high-profile senior management position at Disney. She's incredible.

She actually inspired me to start a local baseball program for disabled kids in our area. We already have 60 kids from nine local towns participating in the program.

Stokes asked what I did today...today was our last day of games, we have three games going on simultaneaously on three fields. So, I got to hang out and play baseball with 60 special needs kids, then handed them all trophies and got hugs from all of them...it was awesome.

But, I don't want to take the attention away from Stokes. This is his day.
    Last edited by Owen Reed; 06-24-2012 at 05:34 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Owen Reed;4499607]That's true.

My wife has Multiple Sclerosis which is just a brutal degenerative, debilitating disease.

But, I tell you what, she has absolutely the best outlook on life. It's unbeleivable. And, despite all her phyical challenges, she holds a high-profile senior management position at Disney. She's incredible.

She actually inspired me to start a local baseball program for disabled kids in our area. We already have 60 kids from nine local towns participating in the program.

Today was our last day of games, we have three games going on simultaneaously on three fields. So, I got to hang out and play baseball with 60 special needs kids, then handed them all trophies and got hugs from all of them...it was awesome.
    [/QUOTE]

Fixed.

See what I did there?

BTW, I am glad you had a happy day. God bless those children.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4499612]Fixed.

See what I did there?

BTW, I am glad you had a happy day. God bless those children.[/QUOTE]

I hope Stokes will grace us with more photos of himself, his pool, his food, his drinks...those are awesome.

I look forward to more Stokes photos. Because, as you know, that stuff if important to those people.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Demosthenes9;4499194]
    Thing is, I guess it didn't cross your simple little mind that Tebow only has 2 years on his contract here. At the end of this season or the next, Rex and Company will have a decision to make.

So, Sanchez starts, Sanchez plays really well. Sanchez become Top 5 Elite QB. Rex and Co will still run some WC. Let's say that Tebow does a good job when he is on the field, taking nothing away from Sanchez. Tebow continues to develop.

Then, Tebow gets dealt at the end of this season, or walks away in FA the following one, just as other backup QBs have done in the past.[/QUOTE]

Tebow has 3 years remaining on his contract with the Jets.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet-T's;4499290]Many Pro (No Fun League) fans come and go to different teams through the years.
    At first I was a Unitas/Berry fan, and then later a Namath/Jets fan.
    Florida didn't even have a Pro team, and many states still don't.
    While every state has a college football team to cheer for, and their fans tend to follow their favorite college players to out-of-state Pro teams. That's very common and nothing new for the long time football fans, vice the idiot ignorant asinine newbee twits. :P

I was also a Broncos fan for a while, and it was long before Tebow was there. It was back when the El' Dim-way had the Three Amigos to throw to, which included a Gator favorite-son WR Ricky Nattiel.
    However, while I was always a fan of RB Emmitt Smith, I have never been a Jerry Jones or Cowboys fan.

I'm now a Jet's fan. And oh BTW, I don't G-a-S what any arrogant stick-up-da-butt New Yorker thinks or says about it. :zzz:
    Sorry, but none of you can control who is a Jets fan and who isn't. So tough nuggies buttheads..... :banghead:
    ================

[/QUOTE]

That's right. We can't control it. But we can criticize it all we want.

You're a faux fan. Enjoy your temporary stay until your boy is somewhere else. :rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVm3OdtsnJE-aRabAl65NFmtrvU-VcD5jFBm7t3uRfOTUvnNKv6TDV-CKiLw[/img]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone know where there is a running list of Jaworski's rankings? When I search google I only see articles on ESPNs blogs for each guy ranked and I'm too lazy to compile the list myself.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Austin;4499929]Anyone know where there is a running list of Jaworski's rankings? When I search google I only see articles on ESPNs blogs for each guy ranked and I'm too lazy to compile the list myself.[/QUOTE]

I think it is a countdown. So he is only doing 1 per day. Not sure though. I think he does it on NFL 32.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=k.Rhodes25;4495413]Tebow>>>Gabbert[/QUOTE]

That's like Kathy Bates>>>Rosie O'Donnell.

:D

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4499887]Tebow has 3 years remaining on his contract with the Jets.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks for the correction.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatriotReign;4499966]That's like Kathy Bates>>>Rosie O'Donnell.
    :D[/QUOTE]

"The Jets need a QB who doesn't turn the ball over and can go down the field on passing plays to make the Sap-offense work."

To bad that the Jets don't have a winning record QB who:

Has an excellent 2 to 1 TD/T-O Ratio.
    Or one that has a 'down the field' passing game of 15.4 Yards per Completion.
    Plus being an excellent and passionate team leader who is never out of line, on or off the field.
    ------------------

Career (including Playoff games)
    P - 2,898 yds, [B]15.4 yds/comp,[/B] 19 TD's, 9 Ints, for a [B]2.11 to 1 TD/Int Ratio[/B]

R - 180 for 950 yds, [B]5.3 ypc,[/B] 13 TD's, 7 LPF's for a [B]1.84 TD/LPF Ratio[/B]

[B]Total Offense - 580 Plays for 3,848 yds, 6.6 Yds/Play, 32 TD's, 16 Turnovers for an Overall 2.0 to 1 Ratio.[/B]

Oops, I guess that they do,,,, now... :yes:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Te-boneheads??

who would have thought they could be this F--king stupid..

Oops, I guess we know....now...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4499946]I think it is a countdown. So he is only doing 1 per day. Not sure though. I think he does it on NFL 32.[/QUOTE]

I get that, I just figured ESPN would have a page on their site where they show the QBs revealed so far on the countdown... Doesn't seem like they do.

Off the top of my head I know Tebow was 30, Sanchez 23, Palmer was 21 (90210 was stunned) and Dalton was 19 (talk about too much respect) but I'd like to see an actual list of everyone ranked so far.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4500306]Te-boneheads??

who would have thought they could be this F--king stupid..

Oops, I guess we know....now...[/QUOTE]

Dude, seriously, you are one of the last one's who should be commenting on anyone else's intelligence or calling them stupid.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dude....you are an ignoramus