Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Ron Jaworski's QB Rankings - Tebow 30th, Sanchez 23rd

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4496224]The point was that all three of those guys, and others, were drafted as the prototypical QB, who were supposed to become great. They were given support by their management and organization. Tebow played last year in spite of all of that.

That's the point. The fact that you focus on Jeff George to try make a lame tangential counter argument shows that you failed to see the point.

And you spelled "McGwire" wrong.[/QUOTE]

Excuse me, I "get" your point, but you used an improper illustration.

Don't give me lame, try to do a better job with your broad and inaccurate assertions.

Nobody thinks Tebow is a bad football player--he's just s sh*tty thrower.

Nobody thought Jeff George fullfilled his potential, but the guy had an outstanding arm and could throw the football.

And I'll spell MagCuire any damn way I please.

_

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4496260]Excuse me, I "get" your point, but you used an improper illustration.

Don't give me lame, try to do a better job with your broad and inaccurate assertions.

Nobody thinks Tebow is a bad football player--he's just s sh*tty thrower.

Nobody thought Jeff George fullfilled his potential, but the guy had an outstanding arm and could throw the football.

And I'll spell MagCuire any damn way I please.

_[/QUOTE]

No, you don't get the point. You never get the point. You always have your own point. A dull point I might add.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4496217]I did and I will. Tebow played as a QB and won a playoff game. Plain and simple.

George played as a QB and won a playoff game.

Tebow's PASSING :rolleyes: skills aren't what George's were, yes.

Then why didn't George accomplish more? There's more to being a good QB than just having a strong arm and good mechanics.[/QUOTE]

Do you use wins and losses to evaluate pitchers in baseball?

I highly doubt, and certainly hope there isn't, a single person in any MLB front office that ever looks at a pitcher's W/L record.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4496303]No, you don't get the point. You never get the point. You always have your own point. A dull point I might add.[/QUOTE]

Why so dooshy?

Yeah, I get your point, your very dull, very boring point.

I ALWAYS get the point. And MY points are always exacting and, quite frankly, pointy.

You used a bad illustration to make your very dull boring point.

I don't GIVE a sh*t about your dull boring useless point.

I get it, you love Tebow and think he'll buck the odds and become a special QB.

He's NEVER going to be confused with a QB that had one of the most explosive arms ever in the NFL.

But you keep making your dull boring point about how Tebow won a few miracle games at the end after leading the league in 3 and outs by comparing him to the passer Jeff George.

GO DICKHEADS!!

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JB1089;4496312]Do you use wins and losses to evaluate pitchers in baseball?

I highly doubt, and certainly hope there isn't, a single person in any MLB front office that ever looks at a pitcher's W/L record.[/QUOTE]

When evaluating a QB, do you look at a guy who led the league in 3 and outs but won some miracle games at the end and say--hey, this guy can really throw the ball?

Wow, he's accomplished more than a guy who threw for over 27,000 yards (50th highest total in league history) and 154 TDs (70th in league history) and had one of the most explosive arms ever to play the game.

Was that guy a disappointment? Surely. And that's why Tim Tebow has accomplished more in his 16 starts because he limped into the playoffs and won a game?

Look, I don't have any love for Jeff George, he was a dick and a total disappointment, but the guy could throw the football.

So, yeah, good comparison.

_

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4496303]No, you don't get the point. You never get the point. You always have your own point. A dull point I might add.[/QUOTE]

^THIS

Finally, others here are seeing what Stokes is all about; jacking off on his imaginary soapbox.

A 63" smidget with sucky tadpole arms that can't throw, never could, and never will get it, is in no position to judge Tebow.

ROFL

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetrider;4496343]^THIS

Finally, others here are seeing what Stokes is all about; jacking off on his imaginary soapbox.

A 63" smidget with sucky tadpole arms that can't throw, never could, and never will get it, is in no position to judge Tebow.

ROFL[/QUOTE]

LOLGFY Gato. Without the LOL part.

Oh, and I could throw. 3rd base, like Brooks Robinson.

I was a running back an LB/safety in football, never asked to throw. But I could.

And I can judge Tebow all I want. Good football player, sh*tty thrower.

_

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetrider;4496343]^THIS

ROFL[/QUOTE]

:eek:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4496217]I did and I will. Tebow played as a QB and won a playoff game. Plain and simple.

George played as a QB and won a playoff game.

Tebow's PASSING :rolleyes: skills aren't what George's were, yes.

Then why didn't George accomplish more? There's more to being a good QB than just having a strong arm and good mechanics.[/QUOTE]

This is like saying a WR can barely catch the ball, but he can block well/was on a winning team therefore he is better than a Megatron type who was on a losing team. It's just not completely sound logic, IMHO.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TheMo;4496364]This is like saying a WR can barely catch the ball, but he can block well/was on a winning team therefore he is better than a Megatron type who was on a losing team. It's just not completely sound logic, IMHO.[/QUOTE]

LOL.

You're not getting the point either, I'm afraid. :rolleyes:

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL. Last page has been great.

Carry on.

:D

sg3 is going to have plenty to report to the mods.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4496369]LOL.

You're not getting the point either, I'm afraid. :rolleyes:

_[/QUOTE]

You are very, very afraid.

[SIZE="1"]of jetrider[/SIZE]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4496350]LOLGFY Gato. Without the LOL part.

Oh, and I could throw. 3rd base, like Brooks Robinson. [/QUOTE]

Of course you could - in your mind. I'll never question that.

In your mind you can do everything and everything the best. Got it.

[QUOTE]I was a running back an LB/safety in football, never asked to throw. But I could.[/QUOTE]

Before you were a WR, remember? Next time you'll be a pitcher too.

Anything is possible on the internet. LOL

[QUOTE]And I can judge Tebow all I want. Good football player, sh*tty thrower.

_[/QUOTE]

Tebow has one year of starts on his resume after a year marred by a lockout. Think about it.

The fuss over his mechanics is equivalent to telling Randy Johnson he couldn't make it in MLB cos he throws funny.

Let Tebow do it his way and figure things out. He has many years ahead of him.

Two extra tenths of a second in release time is nothing when so many other dynamics are at play after the ball is snapped.

C'mon. I thought you also claim you understand physics ... :rolleyes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4496380]LOL. Last page has been great.

Carry on.

sg3 is going to have plenty to report to the mods.[/QUOTE]

What a SOJF you are DDNY :rolleyes::P:D

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TheMo;4496389]What a SOJF you are DDNY :rolleyes::P:D[/QUOTE]

Camp is more than a month away. We need a few pissing contests to pass the time.

But I am afraid some of these numbnuts don't even have d!cks.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4496380]LOL. Last page has been great.

Carry on.

sg3 is going to have plenty to report to the mods.[/QUOTE]

How can you report something to the mods when you can't read any of the posts because everyone is on your ignore list?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetrider;4496386]Of course you could - in your mind. I'll never question that.

In your mind you can do everything and everything the best. Got it.

Before you were a WR, remember? Next time you'll be a pitcher too.

Anything is possible on the internet. LOL

C'mon. I thought you also claim you understand physics ... :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I was NEVER a WR, I was too short--never ever claimed I was. I was a RB, a Safety and I played some LB and I ran back all kickoffs and punts.

I was never a pitcher (well, in little league I was), I played 3rd base and second base.

And why the f*ck would I lie on the internet to a dooshbag--I don't know you and I have no desire ever to meet you. Because I eschew dooshbags.

And I understand physics better than you and Demo--he finally admitted it.

Go throw a ball at a wall with a full windup and then with a snap throw and come back to me.

But seriously, LOLGFY.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JB1089;4496400]How can you report something to the mods when you can't read any of the posts because everyone is on your ignore list?[/QUOTE]

Be careful JB, you might be next on the list.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4496404]
    And why the f*ck would I lie on the internet to a dooshbag--I don't know you and I have no desire ever to meet you. Because I eschew dooshbags.

_[/QUOTE]
    Gato has always been a doosh.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetrider;4496386]

Tebow has one year of starts on his resume after a year marred by a lockout. Think about it.

The fuss over his mechanics is equivalent to telling Randy Johnson he couldn't make it in MLB cos he throws funny.

Let Tebow do it his way and figure things out. He has many years ahead of him.

Two extra tenths of a second in release time is nothing when so many other dynamics are at play after the ball is snapped.

[/QUOTE]

On your salient points about Tebow (or not so salient), his delivery has been f*cked up forever and it's not something anyone other than one dead QB coach says can be easily fixed.

You're point about Randy johnson is just sub-moronic in comparison to Tebow.

And 2/10ths of a second doesn't matter? :eek: Wow, what an idiot.

Yeah, it doesn't matter in the SEC.

You should try watching the NFL someday.

_