Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ron Jaworski's QB Rankings - Tebow 30th, Sanchez 23rd

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4495488]Are you suggesting he's impudently rebelling against being a top 20 QB?

_[/QUOTE]

How was the gay cocktail?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4495490]How was the gay cocktail?[/QUOTE]

Not ghey, but delicious. Over crushed ice with a squeeze of lime.

Drank about a gallon of sangria.

_
    Last edited by JStokes; 06-19-2012 at 03:58 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4495501]Not ghey, but delicious. Over crushed ice with a squeeze of lime.

Drank about a gallon of sangria.

_[/QUOTE]

That's a lot of fluid. Did you pee in the pool?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4495517]That's a lot of fluid. Did you pee in the pool?[/QUOTE]

About 42,000 gallons worth, but it IS my pool. :D

_

All League
    fair assessment

[QUOTE=jxc;4495383]I am expecting Kellen Clemens to be listed in the Top 10.[/QUOTE]

LOLZ. Jaws was also very high on Brady Quinn when he came out of college.

Jaworski doesn't have a clue.

[QUOTE=detjetsfan;4495561]LOLZ. Jaws was also very high on Brady Quinn when he came out of college.

Jaworski doesn't have a clue.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, there's a difference between projecting future talent and critiquing film.

I can't do either, so I'm not saying if he's right or wrong. But if anything I hope he is right because it means there are tangible ways Sanchez can improve, as opposed to him "just not having what it takes". . .

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4495281]Say what you want, but you will be hard pressed to find someone who watches as much film as Jaworski.

[url]http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsblog/jets_sanchez_ranks_rd_on_espn_analyst_CuW0oOfFMty9pPBQTLyZZK[/url][/QUOTE]

Jaworski has been very off the last few years. Him raving about Kellen Clemens is the best example of that. It's fair where he ranks Sanchez in terms of strengths and weaknesses, but after the elite QBs, where the rest rank heavily depends on team/player complement/offense style/etc.

Prove them all wrong, Mark.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

I don't think Sanchez is some great QB but I'd like to see the entire list, 16-23 in particular

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jxc;4495383]I am expecting Kellen Clemens to be listed in the Top 10.[/QUOTE]
    My first thought too when I saw this was Kelen Clemens.

Jaws said Clemens was the steal of the 2006 draft and that "I watched every game of his college career, every throw he made, and based on game performance I had him rated No. 1 amongst the quarterbacks in this draft."

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4495281]Say what you want, but you will be hard pressed to find someone who watches as much film as Jaworski.

[url]http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsblog/jets_sanchez_ranks_rd_on_espn_analyst_CuW0oOfFMty9pPBQTLyZZK[/url][/QUOTE]

Where did Jaws rank Kellen Clemens on his list?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4495575]Where did Jaws rank Kellen Clemens on his list?[/QUOTE]

You mean in the draft right? He had him ranked pretty high didnt he?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=OCCH;4495564]To be fair, there's a difference between projecting future talent and critiquing film.

[/QUOTE]

Since film is what most everyone looks at when projecting future talent, I guess Jaws should stay away from the latter.

Hall Of Fame
    If we are going to disqualify every analyst who has ever been wrong about a player then we would not have any analysts left to discuss their opinions.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4495594]If we are going to disqualify every analyst who has ever been wrong about a player then we would not have any analysts left to discuss their opinions.[/QUOTE]
    Do you think the first four letters in analyst is just a coincidence?

:D

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4495571]I don't think Sanchez is some great QB but I'd like to see the entire list, 16-23 in particular[/QUOTE]

I give you a lot of credit for posting that. IIRC, you were Mark's biggest advocate from before the draft. I had my doubts from the beginning, but always hoped you would prove to be right. Sadly, I truly don't think he will ever be a very good QB, let alone an elite one.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4495602]Do you think the first four letters in analyst is just a coincidence?

:D[/QUOTE]

No. I think it is quite appropriate.

[QUOTE=Jordy;4495588]Since film is what most everyone looks at when projecting future talent, I guess Jaws should stay away from the latter.[/QUOTE]

Sure, I mean, film is film, right?

Whatever a player does in college, it's pretty much the same when they're in the pros, right?

Man this site has hit hard times . . .

LOL. Jaws really missed on his assessment of Clemens as a can't miss prospect.

No way is Sanchez #23 qb, not after his clutch performances in the playoffs. He did unravel last year but a significant part of that was playcalling and pass protection. He still let himself down with some foolish plays. But no way is he #23. I'd put him in the 15 - 20 range, to ascend further this year in Sparano's O.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4495571]I don't think Sanchez is some great QB but I'd like to see the entire list, 16-23 in particular[/QUOTE]

Have to tune-in tomorrow. I think it is some sort of a countdown.