Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Football Gameplan's 2012 NFL Team Preview - NY Jets

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4495879]Seriously, what does 2009 and 2010 have to do with how the Jets will perform in 2012?

Is the Jets roster exactly the same?[/QUOTE]

Don't you know it guarantees a playoff spot and a free pass for the QB for the next 5 years? :P

Oh wait . . . What happened last year? :confused:

People need to get over these AFC runner-ups. They are ancient history. :eek:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4495894]Don't you know it guarantees a playoff spot and a free pass for the QB for the next 5 years? :P

Oh wait . . . What happened last year? :confused:

People need to get over these AFC runner-ups. They are ancient history. :eek:[/QUOTE]

The Jets roster probably has a 50%-60% turnover from 2009.

2009 & 2010 means absolutely nothing as the Jets head into 2012.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4495879]Seriously, what does 2009 and 2010 have to do with how the Jets will perform in 2012?

Is the Jets roster exactly the same?[/QUOTE]

The core of the roster is the same, the talent around it is better, deeper, and younger.

You're still a jackass troll.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4495906]The core of the roster is the same, the talent around it is better, deeper, and younger.

You're still a jackass troll.[/QUOTE]

no they are not.

Mcnight is no LT or Jones
    Ducasse or Hunter is no Woody.
    Schilllens is no Edwards- production not hopes
    No FS on the team is equal to Rhodes. (2010)
    No Ellis or Pryce as the stabalizing vet, and we are talking the Ellis from 2 and 3 years ago, not last year.
    Pouha is a solid above average NT but he is not Jenkins.
    Thomas, Pace and Scott are no longer in their 20s

I don't get the younger and deeper at all.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    ... great stuff ... really love the improvement you're showing ... posts like this are what make it so nice to come on here ...

... that being said ... i do disagree with some of your points ...

- tebow & full blown qb competition ... i think the national media is dead wrong on this ... tebow will have his specific roles ... wildcat / trick plays / goal line ... only way he gets more if if sanchez completely $h*ts the bed ... and the season is mathematically over ...

- don't think you can say we have one of the best OL's with 1/5th of it being God-awful

- you give the wr's outside of holmes too much props ... crazy talking about hill will need to have randy moss type of season ... i'm assuming you are referring to the HOF wr's career year with tom brady ... and not sitting out last year ... or his final year playing before 2012 ...

... somewhere between dez bryants 1st and 2nd season's would be a better target for hill in my mind ...

dez bryant

team ............... games rec yards td
    2011 Dallas Cowboys 15 63 928 9

2010 Dallas Cowboys 12 45 561 6

- agree with most of your defensive analysis ... as a jets fan of course you know it's pronounce boo-ha no pou-ha i'm sure ... think you undervalue wilson ... i believe him to be very good as a nickel, particularly on routes to the outside with sideline help ...

- i would debate you on cause for concern ... again, i personally, do not buy into the tebow impact that you (along with many people) will have on a starting qb controversy ... i think the coaches ... players ... and most jet fans know if tebow is our starting qb ... the season has jumped the shark ...

- i feel RT is our biggest cause for concern ... protecting sanchez in passing situations ...

- on D rather than just stopping the run i would go with the general "improving defensive speed to the edge/ball" and specific "getting off the field on 3rd downs"

- agree with the poster who pointed out how you seem to be talking the team up throughout ... and then hit us with the curve ball of placing them 4th at the very end ...

... great stuff ... i really enjoyed that! :yes: ... love the work you put in to these :iwon: ...

l_j_r
    Last edited by lamont_jordan_rules; 06-20-2012 at 08:51 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    What threw me off in the video was "he's great", "i like their secondary. best in the league", "this kids a stud", and then "they will finish fourth in the afc east". Sorry bro but even ESPN lets us know that we suck and at least we know its coming.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Gang!! The voting hasn't been completed yet for the grant *fingers crossed*

I appreciate the Props...I take constructive criticism very well and improving the videos and my vocal pace was #1 Priority!! LOL! I'm sorry for the last place prediction... But remember, it's June!

I honestly think that the Jets & Dolphins are essentially the same ball club..

1. Both have capable but questionable QBs
    2. Both have 1 Playmaking WR & TE the rest of the WR corps have question marks
    3. Both OLs & DLs are talented
    4. Both LB corps are very solid
    5. Both secondaries are very good..although a slight edge go to the Jets
    7. Both are built to run the ball and play good defense

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who is the playmaking WR on Dolphins roster and don't say Ocho

Hogan, Chris WR 6-1 220 10/24/1988 1 No College
    0 Matthews, Rishard WR 6-2 215 10/12/1989 R No College
    11 Pruitt, Julius WR 6-2 206 12/30/1985 2 Ouachita Baptist
    10 Gates, Clyde WR 5-11 197 06/13/1986 2 Abilene Christian
    0 Fuller, Jeff WR 6-4 215 04/20/1990 4 Texas A&M
    0 Cunningham, B.J. WR 6-2 215 05/29/1989 R Michigan State
    14 Moore, Marlon WR 6-0 190 09/03/1987 3 Fresno State
    18 Wallace, Roberto WR 6-4 225 05/10/1986 3 San Diego State
    82 Hartline, Brian WR 6-2 199 11/22/1986 4 Ohio State
    15 Bess, Davone WR 5-10 190 09/13/1985 5 Hawaii
    17 Naanee, Legedu WR 6-2 220 09/16/1983 6 Boise State
    85 Ochocinco, Chad WR 6-1 192 01/09/1978 12 Oregon State

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4495851]why would that be the case??

only three categories there --- chowd trolls, te-boneheads and SOJFs wallowing in misery (YOUR home)[/QUOTE]

Hey, old man. You're as usual.. clueless.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=patman;4495921]no they are not.

Mcnight is no LT or Jones[/QUOTE]

Deeper at RB with McKnight and the potential of Powell and Ganaway. McKnight is closer to Leon Washington of the 2009 team, Greene is Jones.

[quote]Ducasse or Hunter is no Woody.[/quote]Dumb, you don't take one player and make a blanket statement. Hunter was the RT for Woody in 2010 on a team that went to the AFCCG.

[quote]Schilllens is no Edwards- production not hopes[/quote]Hill's potential and Schilens > Edwards. Edwards was a mid-season pick-up in 2009.

[quote]No FS on the team is equal to Rhodes. (2010)[/quote]Rhodes played like **** in only one season under Ryan. The combination of Landry and Bell, if Landry is healthy, is a HUGE upgrade.

[quote]No Ellis or Pryce as the stabalizing vet, and we are talking the Ellis from 2 and 3 years ago, not last year.[/quote]Pouha, Devito, provides more than enough stability on the DL in terms of vet leadership. Wilkerson is already more of a player now than Ellis was the last couple of years. Comparing the talent and potential of the DL this year compared to the 09 team, and suggesting the 09 team had more is beyond moronic. This year's front 7 has more talent than any Rex Ryan team of the past 3 years.

[quote]Pouha is a solid above average NT but he is not Jenkins.

I don't get the younger and deeper at all.[/quote]Pouha is a top 5 NT, and has been a more stable vet than Jenkins was at ANY point under the Rex Ryan Jets. Thomas is a vet OLB. Pace and Scott are still in their prime. With Scott losing 20 lbs, and still just 31, he could very easily have his best year yet.

Mo Wilk, Coples, Pouha, Devito, Ellis, Dixon, Richardson > than any DL of the 09 and 10 team. Jenkins was healthy for a total of 6 games in both of those seasons. Pouha was the stabilizing NT on those teams.

Davis has a lot of upside as an inside LB and figures to be Scott's replacement, and brings that speed I was referring to, along with Coples, and Maybin, who will have an even bigger role on the team this year.

Ricky Sapp could also be a big addition to the team and seems to be carving a role for himself at OLB, again, more talent, more speed added at the LB position and the front 7 overall in the pass rush dept.

The 09/10 teams can't even compare to the talent, depth, youth, speed, and potential of the 2012 defensive roster.

The only area that could be a ? is at WR in terms of experience. The trio of Edwards, Holmes, and Cotchery, once they played together, which was really for just one season, was very good. But the Jets have some young players with some good potential, especially with Hill. Kerley showed in his rookie year he can be a very Cotchery like player and possibly even more, he has good ability in the slot. Schilens is a player that has always had a lot of potential, but injuries prevented him from emerging, if he can stay healthy, he could be a real nice addition as a big 6'4 WR with speed as Hill develops in his rookie year. The WR unit overall is hard to compare, inexperience is a factor, but talent and upside is bigger with the 2012 unit compared to the 2010 team.

The other huge change between the 2010 and 2012 team is Tebow. We can argue all day and all night about what the player will add, but reading through the tea leaves strongly suggests he will be a Brad Smith type player for the Jets on steroids, with the potential to do even more, and that role on the 2010 team was very effective, with the potential to be even bigger this year. Nevermind the intangibles and other versatility that he has, and the effect he can have on a locker room, which is all positive.

And btw, the core of the roster back in 2010, IS the same.

Sanchez, Greene, Revis, Harris, Keller, Holmes, Ferguson, Mangold, Cromartie, Pouha, Pace, Scott
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 06-21-2012 at 01:34 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=patman;4495921]no they are not.

Mcnight is no LT or Jones
    Ducasse or Hunter is no Woody.
    Schilllens is no Edwards- production not hopes
    No FS on the team is equal to Rhodes. (2010)
    No Ellis or Pryce as the stabalizing vet, and we are talking the Ellis from 2 and 3 years ago, not last year.
    Pouha is a solid above average NT but he is not Jenkins.

I don't get the younger and deeper at all.[/QUOTE]

We're talking about 2012 when compared to 2009, and it's obvious that you're a little clueless in regards to our Jets...

It's 'McKnight', not "Mcnight". At least learn how to spell the players name correctly, before thinking that you actually know his ability, talent and potential. And who says McKnight is Jones? He's not our starter. Greene is. And Shonn Greene as of right now is a much better back/talent when compared Thomas Jones of 2009. Thomas Jones was 31 years old and on the decline back in 2009. Shonn Greene is a 26 year old kid coming off a 1,000+ season with an average of 4.2 yards per carry last season. Big upgrade in favor of the 2012 Jets. Shonn Greene, back in 2009 was only a rookie, Joe McKnight here in 2012 is a 3rd year talent in which gained lots of playing time and experience last season. 2012's backfield over 2009's and it's not even close.

"Schilllens is no Edwards". How much do you know about these players, when you can't even spell their names correctly? It's 'Schilens', not "Schilllens". Regardless, Schilens isn't our #1 this year; Santonio Holmes is. And Holmes is a much better WR when compared to Edwards of 09.

"No FS on the team is equal to Rhodes. (2010)". Kerry Rhodes wasn't even with the Jets back in 2010, he was with Arizona numbnuts. If healthy, LaRon Landry and Yeremiah Bell create for the strongest Safety duo we've ever had under coach Ryan.

Pouha is a top 5 NT in today's NFL. Why'd you mention Kris Jenkins? You do know that Kris Jenkins only played 7 games combined during the 2009 and 2010 seasons, right? You do know that, correct? I guess you forgot that Pouha played in all 32 games during the 2009 and 2010 seasons as the anchor to #1 and #4 rated defenses.

Why'd you talk about aging players such as Ellis and Pryce when A.) Wilkerson, Coples, Pouha, DeVito, Ellis and Dixon combine for the strongest defensive front we've seen under coach Ryan and B.) Pryce wasn't on the 09 Jets and in 2010 Pryce only put up 4 tackles, 1 sack and nothing else. Why did you mention Trevor Pryce? Head scratcher...

Thomas, Pace and Scott may not be in their 20's, but Harris, Maybin and rookie Demario Davis all are. Also, how many SB's did the Patriots win with LB's that were 30+ years of age? Plenty. Last but not least, Scott and Thomas are only 31 years of age, lets not 'try' and make them out to be 34-37. Did you forget that Bruschi was 30 in 2003, Ted Johnson was 31 in 2003, Roman Phifer was 35 back in 2003 etc, etc. It's mind boggling as to why you'd even mention that Scott, Thomas and Pace are "no longer 20" when the Patriots made a living off of winning with older LB's.

You finally made a valid point in regards to Ducasse or Hunter not being Woody, but why (conviently) leave out facts such as [B]A.)[/B] Sanchez was a rookie back in 09 compared to a 4th year player here in 2012. [B]B.) [/B]Ryan was a first year HC back in 09 when compared to a 4th year head coach here in 2012. [B]C.)[/B] We had a CB trio of Revis, Sheppard and Strickland back in 2009, which can't even come close to competing with Revis, Cromartie and Wilson of today. [B]D.) [/B]Cotchery, Smith and Stuckey were or WR's heading into the 2009 season (for the first couple of weeks) when compared to Holmes, Hill and Kerley here in 2012. Stronger at all 3 positions heading into the 2012 season. [B]E.)[/B] Dustin Keller was only a 2nd year player heading into the 09 season, coming off a rookie season of 48 receptions, 535 yards and 3 TD's. That's not the case heading into 2012, now is it? Keller broke out last year with 65 receptions, 815 yards and 5 TD's. Keller is now a 5th year pro. [B]F.) [/B]Vernon Gholston of 2009 was a bust (and still is) who's being replaced by Coples here in 2012, a Coples who had the highest rating of any defensive lineman coming out of this years draft.

Stick to talking Patriots since it's more than obvious that you're honestly and truly clueless in regards to the Jets. Still can't stop laughing at the fact's that A.) You thought Rhodes was a Jet back in 2010, B.) You believed Jenkins impacted more than Pouha during our top 5 D's of 09 and 2010, C.) Thinking that Pryce's 4 tackles/1 sack of 2010 impacted our defense (has been replaced by Wilkerson, hello) and last but most certainly not least, D.) All of the above. Did I forget E.) Mentioning McKnight as if he's replacing Thomas Jones as our "starter" while forgetting to mention our actual starter; Shonn Greene. How does that happen? :eek:
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 06-21-2012 at 06:34 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cancel the season...patman says we have no chance

He also reports on the other hand that everything is tralala perfect for his cheating douche chowds

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4496947]And Shonn Greene as of right now is a much better back/talent when compared Thomas Jones of 2009. [/QUOTE]

This rediculously long rebuttle lost all credibility here. If Greene does not improve dramatically this year we will start looking for a feature back next year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=EmDiggy;4496003]Thanks Gang!! The voting hasn't been completed yet for the grant *fingers crossed*

I appreciate the Props...I take constructive criticism very well and improving the videos and my vocal pace was #1 Priority!! LOL! I'm sorry for the last place prediction... But remember, it's June!

I honestly think that the Jets & Dolphins are essentially the same ball club..

1. Both have capable but questionable QBs
    2. Both have 1 Playmaking WR & TE the rest of the WR corps have question marks
    3. Both OLs & DLs are talented
    4. Both LB corps are very solid
    5. Both secondaries are very good..although a slight edge go to the Jets
    7. Both are built to run the ball and play good defense[/QUOTE]

hey man, I see what you're saying in your comparison, but in reality I have to wildy disagree with you. BUT i appreciate your POV and always enjoy a fresh perspective to things.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4496947]We're talking about 2012 when compared to 2009, and it's obvious that you're a little clueless in regards to our Jets...

It's 'McKnight', not "Mcnight". At least learn how to spell the players name correctly, before thinking that you actually know his ability, talent and potential. And who says McKnight is Jones? He's not our starter. Greene is. And Shonn Greene as of right now is a much better back/talent when compared Thomas Jones of 2009. Thomas Jones was 31 years old and on the decline back in 2009. Shonn Greene is a 26 year old kid coming off a 1,000+ season with an average of 4.2 yards per carry last season. Big upgrade in favor of the 2012 Jets. Shonn Greene, back in 2009 was only a rookie, Joe McKnight here in 2012 is a 3rd year talent in which gained lots of playing time and experience last season. 2012's backfield over 2009's and it's not even close.

"Schilllens is no Edwards". How much do you know about these players, when you can't even spell their names correctly? It's 'Schilens', not "Schilllens". Regardless, Schilens isn't our #1 this year; Santonio Holmes is. And Holmes is a much better WR when compared to Edwards of 09.

"No FS on the team is equal to Rhodes. (2010)". Kerry Rhodes wasn't even with the Jets back in 2010, he was with Arizona numbnuts. If healthy, LaRon Landry and Yeremiah Bell create for the strongest Safety duo we've ever had under coach Ryan.

Pouha is a top 5 NT in today's NFL. Why'd you mention Kris Jenkins? You do know that Kris Jenkins only played 7 games combined during the 2009 and 2010 seasons, right? You do know that, correct? I guess you forgot that Pouha played in all 32 games during the 2009 and 2010 seasons as the anchor to #1 and #4 rated defenses.

Why'd you talk about aging players such as Ellis and Pryce when A.) Wilkerson, Coples, Pouha, DeVito, Ellis and Dixon combine for the strongest defensive front we've seen under coach Ryan and B.) Pryce wasn't on the 09 Jets and in 2010 Pryce only put up 4 tackles, 1 sack and nothing else. Why did you mention Trevor Pryce? Head scratcher...

Thomas, Pace and Scott may not be in their 20's, but Harris, Maybin and rookie Demario Davis all are. Also, how many SB's did the Patriots win with LB's that were 30+ years of age? Plenty. Last but not least, Scott and Thomas are only 31 years of age, lets not 'try' and make them out to be 34-37. Did you forget that Bruschi was 30 in 2003, Ted Johnson was 31 in 2003, Roman Phifer was 35 back in 2003 etc, etc. It's mind boggling as to why you'd even mention that Scott, Thomas and Pace are "no longer 20" when the Patriots made a living off of winning with older LB's.

You finally made a valid point in regards to Ducasse or Hunter not being Woody, but why (conviently) leave out facts such as [B]A.)[/B] Sanchez was a rookie back in 09 compared to a 4th year player here in 2012. [B]B.) [/B]Ryan was a first year HC back in 09 when compared to a 4th year head coach here in 2012. [B]C.)[/B] We had a CB trio of Revis, Sheppard and Strickland back in 2009, which can't even come close to competing with Revis, Cromartie and Wilson of today. [B]D.) [/B]Cotchery, Smith and Stuckey were or WR's heading into the 2009 season (for the first couple of weeks) when compared to Holmes, Hill and Kerley here in 2012. Stronger at all 3 positions heading into the 2012 season. [B]E.)[/B] Dustin Keller was only a 2nd year player heading into the 09 season, coming off a rookie season of 48 receptions, 535 yards and 3 TD's. That's not the case heading into 2012, now is it? Keller broke out last year with 65 receptions, 815 yards and 5 TD's. Keller is now a 5th year pro. [B]F.) [/B]Vernon Gholston of 2009 was a bust (and still is) who's being replaced by Coples here in 2012, a Coples who had the highest rating of any defensive lineman coming out of this years draft.

Stick to talking Patriots since it's more than obvious that you're honestly and truly clueless in regards to the Jets. Still can't stop laughing at the fact's that A.) You thought Rhodes was a Jet back in 2010, B.) You believed Jenkins impacted more than Pouha during our top 5 D's of 09 and 2010, C.) Thinking that Pryce's 4 tackles/1 sack of 2010 impacted our defense (has been replaced by Wilkerson, hello) and last but most certainly not least, D.) All of the above. Did I forget E.) Mentioning McKnight as if he's replacing Thomas Jones as our "starter" while forgetting to mention our actual starter; Shonn Greene. How does that happen? :eek:[/QUOTE]

whoever you are please keep posting...i enjoy reading your well thought out posts.