Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rank the Top 10

Hall Of Fame

Rank the Top 10

NFLN's Top 100 Player's of 2012 is now down to the Top 10. The remaining players are fairly obvious. Here they are in alphabetical order:

Tom Brady
    Drew Brees
    Larry Fitzgerald
    Calvin Johnson
    Haloti Ngata
    Adrian Peterson
    Darrelle Revis
    Aaron Rodgers
    DeMarcus Ware
    Patrick Willis

Rank 'em.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 06-20-2012 at 09:31 PM.

1) Aaron Rodgers
    2) Tom Brady
    3) DeMarcus Ware
    4) Darrelle Revis
    5) Drew Brees
    6) Calvin Johnson
    7) Haloti Ngata
    8) Larry Fitzgerald
    9) Adrian Peterson
    10) Patrick Willis

10,0011) SouthSide
    Last edited by Carlton; 06-20-2012 at 10:16 PM.

Did Ed Reed make it to the list?

Veteran
    By the way, the only other Jet ranked in the top 100...

Tim Tebow at #95

Personally, I think it's ridiculous that D'Brick/Mangold aren't in it.

Veteran
    And here's the list for those who haven't followed along so far.

[url]http://top100.nfl.com/tracker[/url]

[QUOTE=bravesQB718;4496809]By the way, the only other Jet ranked in the top 100...

Tim Tebow at #95

Personally, I think it's ridiculous that D'Brick/Mangold aren't in it.[/QUOTE]

Mangold yes, D'Brick, not based on last year.

Maybe his injury and the team's record hurt his visibility this year (Mangold). A lot of players dropped down or off the list based on team success this past year.

It's like the Pro Bowl though, it's a popularity contest to some extent.

1. Tom Brady
    2. Drew Brees
    3. Aaron Rodgers
    4. Calvin Johnson
    5. Darrelle Revis
    6. DeMarcus Ware
    7. Adrian Peterson
    8. Haloti Ngata
    9. Larry Fitzgerald
    10. Patrick Willis

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=bravesQB718;4496809]By the way, the only other Jet ranked in the top 100...

Tim Tebow at #95

Personally, I think it's ridiculous that D'Brick/Mangold aren't in it.[/QUOTE]

Agreed....any list without Mangold isn't worth the time of reading.

Banned
    How can I rank players that aren't of respected positions? I'll give it a try, but it's hard. If we're talking about as of right now?

[B]Aaron Rodgers. [/B]The premier QB in today's NFL.
    [B]Darrelle Revis[/B]. Premier CB in today's NFL. Best overall secondary player around.
    [B]Patrick Willis. [/B]Premier MLB in today's NFL.
    [B]Calvin Johnson. [/B]Premier WR in today's NFL.
    [B]Tom Brady. [/B]Still a great QB, but turning 35 this year.
    [B]Drew Brees.[/B] Coming off one of the greatest seasons of all-time, but I still can't rank him ahead of Rodgers/Brady.
    [B]DeMarcus Ware.[/B] Premier pass rusher in today's NFL.
    [B]Haloti Ngata. [/B]Premier defensive lineman in tday's NFL. Can do it all.
    [B]Larry Fitzgerald. [/B]2nd best WR in the game today.
    [B]Adrian Peterson.[/B] Would be much higher if not for an injury concern (due to last years season ending injury).
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 06-20-2012 at 10:12 PM.

Practice Squad
    1. Aaron Rodgers
    2. Tom Brady
    3. Calvin Johnson
    4. Drew Brees
    5. Darrelle Revis
    6. Adrian Peterson
    7. DeMarcus Ware
    8. Haloti Ngata
    9. Patrick Willis
    10. Larry Fitzgerald

All Pro
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4496831]How can I rank players that aren't of respected positions? I'll give it a try, but it's hard. If we're talking about as of right now?

[B]Aaron Rodgers. [/B]The premier QB in today's NFL.
    [B]Darrelle Revis[/B]. Premier CB in today's NFL. Best overall secondary player around.
    [B]Patrick Willis. [/B]Premier MLB in today's NFL.
    [B]Calvin Johnson. [/B]Premier WR in today's NFL.
    [B]Tom Brady. [/B]Still a great QB, but turning 35 this year.
    [B]Drew Brees.[/B] Coming off one of the greatest seasons of all-time, but I still can't rank him ahead of Rodgers/Brady.
    [B]DeMarcus Ware.[/B] Premier pass rusher in today's NFL.
    [B]Haloti Ngata. [/B]Premier defensive lineman in tday's NFL. Can do it all.
    [B]Larry Fitzgerald. [/B]2nd best WR in the game today.
    [B]Adrian Peterson.[/B] Would be much higher if not for an injury concern (due to last years season ending injury).[/QUOTE]

I understand your dilemma. I think you have the right idea. A lot of people seem to be making this an mvp contest, which would heavily weight the QB position. What are the odds that the 3 best players in the NFL all play the same position?
    Johnson
    Rodgers
    Revis
    Brady
    Peterson
    Ngata
    Fitzgerald
    Willis
    Ware
    Brees

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4496824]Agreed....any list without Mangold isn't worth the time of reading.[/QUOTE]

sums it up completely accurately

A "top 100" list that fails to include Nick Mangold is not a "top 100" list, it is a TOTAL BULLS--T LIST

Banned
    [QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4496845]I understand your dilemma. I think you have the right idea. A lot of people seem to be making this an mvp contest, which would heavily weight the QB position. What are the odds that the 3 best players in the NFL all play the same position?
    Johnson
    Rodgers
    Revis
    Brady
    Peterson
    Ngata
    Fitzgerald
    Willis
    Ware
    Brees[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but the reason why I can't rank Calvin Johnson ahead of Darrelle Revis, is because Revis has already shut Calvin Johnson down, which is something no man alive can do; other than Revis. Revis held Johnson to only 1 reception for 13 yards and 0 TD's back in 2010. That's why I have to have Revis ahead of Calvin Johnson.

I like your list, but I can't have Drew Brees ranked 10th coming off a 5,476 yards, 46 TD's with a QB rating of 110.6. Very underrated QB, will crack the top 5 in all time TD's thrown this up coming season.

And last but not least, I can't have Adrian Peterson coming off a season ending injury ranked ahead of anyone on that list. They all had amazing seasons last year.

The rest is a crap shoot.

All Pro
    I dont think its a slight at mangold. I think its a slight at the center position.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4496872]I dont think its a slight at mangold. I think its a slight at the center position.[/QUOTE]

Tebow's on the list so they don't seem to care what position they play.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4496872]I dont think its a slight at mangold. I think its a slight at the center position.[/QUOTE]

It was a slight to Mangold though, how did they include Ryan Kalil and leave Mangold out? This is what they wrote up about Kalil.

"Kalil has started 16 games for three consecutive seasons, and he was the anchor of the offensive line that paved the way for Cam Newton to become the 2011 NFL Rookie of the Year. The Panthers' offense finished fifth in the league in scoring and third in rushing."

So, they completely ignore the fact that before last season, Mangold started each and every game during his first 5 seasons in the league. They talk about Cam Newton becoming the 2011 rookie of the year but fail to mention that Mangold led the way for an offensive line and rushing attack that broke an all-time franchise record for most rushing yards during a single season back in 2009. They mention the Panthers ranked 3rd in rushing but forget the Jets also ranked top 5 in rushing during 2009 and 2010...

It gets even worse, they ranked Maurkice Pouncey ahead of Mangold as well. A Center who got drafted back in 2010. As if Mangold hasn't played at his level of play dating back to 2006....

It's just wrong how Mangold was left off their list.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4496855]Yeah, but the reason why I can't rank Calvin Johnson ahead of Darrelle Revis, is because Revis has already shut Calvin Johnson down, which is something no man alive can do; other than Revis. Revis held Johnson to only 1 reception for 13 yards and 0 TD's back in 2010. That's why I have to have Revis ahead of Calvin Johnson.

I like your list, but I can't have Drew Brees ranked 10th coming off a 5,476 yards, 46 TD's with a QB rating of 110.6. Very underrated QB, will crack the top 5 in all time TD's thrown this up coming season.

And last but not least, I can't have Adrian Peterson coming off a season ending injury ranked ahead of anyone on that list. They all had amazing seasons last year.

The rest is a crap shoot.[/QUOTE]

You make good points. There isn't much room between these players. I think I just seem to catch Brees on his off days, which are still pretty good, but he is pretty inconsistent. He kind of seems to be great every other year, and gets shut down at times. Maybe it's the whole rhythm thing. I don't love his ritual chant thing so much either. Sounds cool at first until you pay attention to what they're saying. Then it's kind of hokey.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

THis list is all about Tom Brady...it was made for him so the Boston Pukes can go all circle jerk on Tommy boy

All Pro
    I bet Calvin Johnson is ranked ahead of Revis despite the fact Revis shut him down in a head to head match up - by definition making him a better player.

Offense will always get the nod.

Aaron Rodgers
    Tom Brady
    Drew Brees
    Calvin Johnson
    Darrelle Revis
    DeMarcus Ware
    Haloti Ngata
    Patrick Willis
    Larry Fitzgerald
    Adrian Peterson

It's supposed to be a 2012 list. So that's my list for last year.