7) Haloti Ngata
    8) Larry Fitzgerald
    9) Adrian Peterson
    10) Patrick Willis

[B]10,0011) SouthSide[/B][/QUOTE]

I hate lists but this one rules!!!

[QUOTE=Peebag;4502630]I hate lists but this one rules!!![/QUOTE]

Post 61 and finally someone liked it! Winning! :iwon:

[QUOTE=Jet Nut;4502627]Look, don't need an explanation. I clearly said that I wrote in response to someone who said the list is compiled based on one years performance. If thats the case A Peterson doesn't belong on the list.

Now tell me why he's 8th and Mangold isn't on the list?

Nothing more than that.

All the career numbers in the world changes nothing.[/QUOTE]

Because the list was based on player voting and most NFL players are dumbasses? I hope that suffices. They gave a bunch of players a list to rank their top 20 and they based it off of that somehow. Again, it's all entertainment. Every D-Lineman knows how good Mangold is.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 06-28-2012 at 11:11 AM.

[QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4502501]I understand where you're coming from sg3, because I myself felt the same way when I first found out that [B]Mangold wasn't mentioned as a top 20 player[/B]. But then, I started to understand the concept of this ranking/list of top 100 NFL Players.

If this were 2009 or 2010, Nick Mangold would have been on this list. In 2009 we made it to the AFC Championship game and set a Franchise record for most rushing yards during a single season. Mangold was healthy and led the way. In 2010 we ranked top 5 in rushing. Last year? Not only was Mangold hurt, missed a couple games, and took a good 3-4 games before getting back to form but the Jets offensive line (being led by Mangold) struggled as a whole. We only ranked 22nd in rushing yards, 30th in average yards per carry and only 12th in rushing TD's. When you combine the fact that Mangold missed a couple games, took a couple games to get back to previous form, our run game struggles etc, etc... And you'll understand why Mangold wasn't listed as one of the top 100 performers of 2011.

With all that said, if this were a list of the current top 100 NFL players? Both Ferguson (A franchise LT) and Nick Mangold (An All-Pro Center) would be listed. So would Peyton Manning. Guys such as Tim Tebow wouldn't be on this list. The last time they created this list? I believe Mangold was ranked 47th and Ferguson ranked 79th heading into last season.

It is what it is, Mangold has had a great career dating back to 2006, will continue to have a great career starting in 2012 but last season? 2011 was a down year for not only Ferguson and Mangold, but for our entire offensive line. Looking forward to watching these guys bounce back stronger than ever. They'll make the list heading into 2013. Guaranteed.[/QUOTE]

:eek: Mangold's a great center but top 20 player in the league? No... just... just. stop. you're starting to embarrass yourself.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=ASG0531;4502718]Because the list was based on player voting and most NFL players are dumbasses? I hope that suffices. They gave a bunch of players a list to rank their top 20 and they based it off of that somehow. Again, it's all entertainment. Every D-Lineman knows how good Mangold is.[/QUOTE]

Holy sh1t you just like to argue. I know who voted. I know lists suck.

All I said, at least 2x's, that I responded to someone who said that the list is based only on last years performance.

If that's true AP is not a top 10 player, no matter how you spin it. I keep getting people who want to explain how good AP is. As if theres a crime to not making the list off an injury.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=ASG0531;4502738]:eek: Mangold's a great center but top 20 player in the league? No... just... just. stop.[/QUOTE]

That's why a list that puts a QB or most skill position on the same list as a OL is stupid and pointless.

We all know which positions will get the most votes.

Banned
    [QUOTE=ASG0531;4502738]:eek: Mangold's a great center but top 20 player in the league? No... just... just. stop. you're starting to embarrass yourself.[/QUOTE]

I never stated that Mangold is a top 20 player, I was talking about when I found out that Mangold wasn't on the list of 100 players (The countdown was down to 20) so I obviously knew he failed to make the cut. I'd have Mangold ranked as a top 50-60 player.

[QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4502744]I never stated that Mangold is a top 20 player, I was talking about when I found out that Mangold wasn't on the list of 100 players (The countdown was down to 20) so I obviously knew he failed to make the cut. I'd have Mangold ranked as a top 50-60 player.[/QUOTE]

Well what did you mean by the bolded part i quoted recently above?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=ASG0531;4502752]Well what did you mean by the bolded part i quoted recently above?[/QUOTE]

Someone pi$$ in your coffee today?

Youre a nag

[QUOTE=Jet Nut;4502739]Holy sh1t you just like to argue. I know who voted. I know lists suck.

All I said, at least 2x's, that I responded to someone who said that the list is based only on last years performance.

If that's true AP is not a top 10 player, no matter how you spin it. I keep getting people who want to explain how good AP is. As if theres a crime to not making the list off an injury.[/QUOTE]

Well, you asked a question...

[QUOTE=Jet Nut;4502627]Look, don't need an explanation. I clearly said that I wrote in response to someone who said the list is compiled based on one years performance. If thats the case A Peterson doesn't belong on the list.

[B]Now tell me why he's 8th and Mangold isn't on the list?[/B]

Nothing more than that.

All the career numbers in the world changes nothing.[/QUOTE]

And I answered it... pretty reasonably in my opinion:

[QUOTE]Because the list was based on player voting and most NFL players are dumbasses? I hope that suffices. They gave a bunch of players a list to rank their top 20 and they based it off of that somehow. Again, it's all entertainment. Every D-Lineman knows how good Mangold is.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Jet Nut;4502741]That's why a list that puts a QB or most skill position on the same list as a OL is stupid and pointless.

We all know which positions will get the most votes.[/QUOTE]

Well, yeah, duh! I totally agree.

[QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4502744]I never stated that Mangold is a top 20 player, I was talking about when I found out that Mangold wasn't on the list of 100 players (The countdown was down to 20) so I obviously knew he failed to make the cut. I'd have Mangold ranked as a top 50-60 player.[/QUOTE]

OK, fair enough, I misinterpreted that bolded statement. For the record I agree with your assessment and the inadequacies of the rankings in general. Mangold absolutely belongs on the list. Please explain to Jet Nut why Mangold wasn't on the list, I can't explain it well enough for him.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 06-28-2012 at 11:45 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=ASG0531;4502759]Well, you asked a question...

And I answered it... pretty reasonably in my opinion:[/QUOTE]

You are dense. Really.

And you wondered why people called you a troll.

Looks like everybody is forgetting Arian Foster...the best RB in football...If he played a full season last year his numbers would of been spectacular. My vote for the best player next year.
    Last edited by JoePNYJ1; 06-28-2012 at 03:18 PM.

Aaron Rogers
    Calvin Johnson
    Arian Foster
    Haloti Ngata
    Darrelle Revis
    Tom Brady
    Larry Fitzgerald
    Demarcus Ware
    Adrian Peterson
    MJD
    Last edited by JoePNYJ1; 06-28-2012 at 03:24 PM.

Banned
    [QUOTE=ASG0531;4502772] Please explain to Jet Nut why Mangold wasn't on the list, I can't explain it well enough for him.[/QUOTE]

As I've already mentioned...

[QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85] If this were 2009 or 2010, Nick Mangold would have been on this list. In 2009 we made it to the AFC Championship game and set a Franchise record for most rushing yards during a single season. Mangold was healthy and led the way. In 2010 we ranked top 5 in rushing. Last year? Not only was Mangold hurt, missed a couple games, and took a good 3-4 games before getting back to form but the Jets offensive line (being led by Mangold) struggled as a whole. We only ranked 22nd in rushing yards, 30th in average yards per carry and only 12th in rushing TD's. When you combine the fact that Mangold missed a couple games, took a couple games to get back to previous form, our run game struggles etc, etc... And you'll understand why Mangold wasn't listed as one of the top 100 performers of 2011.

With all that said, if this were a list of the current top 100 NFL players? Both Ferguson (A franchise LT) and Nick Mangold (An All-Pro Center) would be listed as one of the NFL's top 100 players. So would Peyton Manning. Guys such as Tim Tebow wouldn't be on this list. The last time they created this list? I believe Mangold was ranked 47th and Ferguson ranked 79th heading into last season.

It is what it is, Mangold has had a great career dating back to 2006, will continue to have a great career starting in 2012 but last season? 2011 was a down year for not only Ferguson and Mangold, but for our entire offensive line. Looking forward to watching these guys bounce back stronger than ever. They'll make the list heading into 2013. [/QUOTE]

I could be wrong, that's just my observation in regards to 2012's list of the NFL's top 100 players.

[QUOTE=Jet Nut;4502773]You are dense. Really.

And you wondered why people called you a troll.[/QUOTE]

Exactly what answer are you looking for, really? DWC has provided a very solid analysis of Mangold above and I've given you a pretty clear reasoning of the flaws of the rankings themselves.