Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Report: Panthers say thanks, but no thanks to WR Burress

All League
    Plax ain't coming back to the Jets, he already burned that bridge this past week when he turned down the opportunity to endorse Sanchez

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    Thank you for not holding back & sharing. (-:

At this point I have to agree that is was a tried & failed experiment. I was all for giving him a shot, taking a chance and hoping he would work out. It didn't and the team moves on. I wish him much luck & success in the future.
    lol sorry...I used to like plax and was all for giving him a second chance when he got out of jail but all the lip service from him since the season ended has gotten under my skin a bit. :-)

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Jets_Penguin View Post
    lol sorry...I used to like plax and was all for giving him a second chance when he got out of jail but all the lip service from him since the season ended has gotten under my skin a bit. :-)
    The bullet hole leg & ugly bum Plax made me laugh. (-:

All Pro
    Thank you for not holding back & sharing. (-:

At this point I have to agree that is was a tried & failed experiment. I was all for giving him a shot, taking a chance and hoping he would work out. It didn't and the team moves on. I wish him much luck & success in the future.
    I agree. It seems so odd to have someone agree with a move. Then agree it didn't work out, and wish them well in the future. It's very sad that this seems so out of place here.

All Pro
    The bullet hole leg & ugly bum Plax made me laugh. (-:
    Okay that's better. Now say you hate him, and Tanny should be fired and you'll fit right in.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by David Harris View Post
    http://m.nfl.com/news/09000d5d82a01c...to-wr-burress/

Plaxico Burress would love to be a member of the Carolina Panthers this season. Unfortunately for Burress, the feeling isn't mutual.

A team official, speaking on condition of anonymity, told the Charlotte Observer on Wednesday the Panthers are not interested in signing the veteran wide receiver.

As we've previously written , Burress is facing an uphill battle to continue his NFL career. Though he remained a capable red-zone target in his lone season with the New York Jets , Burress lacked the speed and separation ability that made him a Pro Bowl-caliber receiver with the Pittsburgh Steelers and New York Giants .

The 22-month prison stay remains an ugly scar on Burress' résumé, but it's more likely the diminished skills on display last season that's keeping him out of work.
    No real surprise. The Panthers, run by Jerry Richardson, have never really let players push the team around. A few questionable moves (Delhomme deal ) but remember , they released Meshawn before he was ready. They have been to a SB and 3 NFC championships in their existence. They may be guilty of NOT giving in to players if anything.