Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Report: Panthers say thanks, but no thanks to WR Burress

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Plax ain't coming back to the Jets, he already burned that bridge this past week when he turned down the opportunity to endorse Sanchez

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Limolady;4499653]Thank you for not holding back & sharing. (-:

At this point I have to agree that is was a tried & failed experiment. I was all for giving him a shot, taking a chance and hoping he would work out. It didn't and the team moves on. I wish him much luck & success in the future.[/QUOTE]

lol sorry...I used to like plax and was all for giving him a second chance when he got out of jail but all the lip service from him since the season ended has gotten under my skin a bit. :-)

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jets_Penguin;4499660]lol sorry...I used to like plax and was all for giving him a second chance when he got out of jail but all the lip service from him since the season ended has gotten under my skin a bit. :-)[/QUOTE]

The bullet hole leg & ugly bum Plax made me laugh. (-:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Limolady;4499653]Thank you for not holding back & sharing. (-:

At this point I have to agree that is was a tried & failed experiment. I was all for giving him a shot, taking a chance and hoping he would work out. It didn't and the team moves on. I wish him much luck & success in the future.[/QUOTE]

I agree. It seems so odd to have someone agree with a move. Then agree it didn't work out, and wish them well in the future. It's very sad that this seems so out of place here.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Limolady;4499666]The bullet hole leg & ugly bum Plax made me laugh. (-:[/QUOTE]

Okay that's better. Now say you hate him, and Tanny should be fired and you'll fit right in.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=David Harris;4496975][url]http://m.nfl.com/news/09000d5d82a01c28/report-panthers-say-thanks-but-no-thanks-to-wr-burress/[/url]

Plaxico Burress would love to be a member of the Carolina Panthers this season. Unfortunately for Burress, the feeling isn't mutual.

A team official, speaking on condition of anonymity, told the Charlotte Observer on Wednesday the Panthers are not interested in signing the veteran wide receiver.

As we've previously written , Burress is facing an uphill battle to continue his NFL career. Though he remained a capable red-zone target in his lone season with the New York Jets , Burress lacked the speed and separation ability that made him a Pro Bowl-caliber receiver with the Pittsburgh Steelers and New York Giants .

The 22-month prison stay remains an ugly scar on Burress' résumé, but it's more likely the diminished skills on display last season that's keeping him out of work.[/QUOTE]
    No real surprise. The Panthers, run by Jerry Richardson, have never really let players push the team around. A few questionable moves (Delhomme deal ) but remember , they released Meshawn before he was ready. They have been to a SB and 3 NFC championships in their existence. They may be guilty of NOT giving in to players if anything.