Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Sanchez, as a quarterback, has improved each of his first three seasons.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Demosthenes9;4498619]have followed the last part of it. The other guy posted "Oline stats" from NFL.com that ranked the lines based on total sacks given up and you took issue with that.

I was just throwing in the fact that total sacks was misleading anyways and explained why :)[/QUOTE]
    Right. I think.

He refuted another poster's claim that the Jets had a top ranked OL in 2009 and 2010.

He responded that they were only top ranked in the run game and not in the passing game.

I posted Pro Football Focus' OL rankings which they base on a number of factors, which showed otherwise. That the Jets were ranked #1 and #2 in the passing game those 2 years.

He responded with nfl.com OL rankings illustrating that the Jets were #11 and #9 in the passing game respectively those 2 years and then went on to say that nfl.com also takes different factors into account in their ranking.

I then pointed out that they don't and that the OL rankings are based purely on sacks against. Any 6 year old could plainly see that.

He can only respond with personal attacks because he can't refute that.

I'm sure he's been spending the better part of the day trying to find a source that will prove his point.

He's a tool. A previously banned poster who will eventually return to purgatory. It's only a matter of time.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]Point is, I know what I see and I trust my own eyes. Thanks anyway[/QUOTE]

OK, you trust your eyes, I trust mine, we agree to disagree.

[QUOTE]Among the best - meaning top 49%? [/QUOTE]

I won't claim to have watched every team enough to rank all OLs in the league on what I saw, so I won't say I thing they were #2 or #4. But I know I saw a good OL, and some people who do keep track of these things for every team have them as #1 and #2 for those years

[QUOTE]Sanchez took the Jets to the AFCC his first two years. Is that what you mean by "struggles"?[/QUOTE]

The Jets took Sanchez to the AFCC, more than the other way around. If you watched 2009 and 2010 and didn't see a QB who struggled a lot, again you see football very differently than I, and just about everyone else who watched the game, do

[QUOTE]And if the OL was only "average" in '11 as you admit, why are you blaming Sanchez for average 8-8 results? [/QUOTE]

I'm not just blaming Sanchez, though he was part of the problem. Also having an above-average defense helps get a team with a below-average offense an average 8-8 record.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ASG0531;4498519]He was awful as a rookie. We get it. So he's improved from awful to slightly below average.[/QUOTE]

this

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jpoppy7;4498660]

I won't claim to have watched every team enough to rank all OLs in the league on what I saw, so I won't say I thing they were #2 or #4. But I know I saw a good OL, and some people who do keep track of these things for every team have them as #1 and #2 for those years

[/QUOTE]
    Don't worry, he didn't either.

He had to go to nfl.com to look up the Jets OL stats and then posts false facts to try and back up his claim.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    And who's to say that Sanchez won't continue to improve from a slightly above quarterback to a very good QB (if not elite) over the years? The fact of the matter is this, he's improved each of his first 3 years in regards to completion percentage, total yardage, TD to INT ratio as well as overall QB ratings.

For crying out loud critics, he's only been in the league for 3 years after entering the league as a very raw quarterback with just about no college starting experience (other 1 year of starting experience).

Eli Manning went 690/1276, 8,49 yards, 54 TD's/44 INT's with a QB rating of 69.4. He also had 21 fumbles throughout his first 3 years.

Sanchez has gone 782/1414, 9,209 yards, 55 TD's/54 INT's with a QB rating of 73.2

It wasn't until Eli's 4th season where the Giants won a Super Bowl, and Eli Manning played like crap that season. 3,336 yards, completion percentage of only 56.1%, 23 TD's/20 INT's, QB rating of only 73.9 during his 4th season in the league.

It wasn't until Eli's 5th year in the league, where he DEVELOPED and became an elite QB. If the Giants had fans, such as these Sanchez critics running that franchise? Eli Manning would have been ran out of town before winning two Super Bowls.

Eli Manning is only 1 example of a Quarterback who took longer than 3 years of developing before becoming an elite leader. I could use another 30+ examples consisting of SB winning, All-Pro's and/or HOF QB's.

Aaron Rodgers is another example. Only put up 35/59, 329 yards, 1 TD/1 INT with a 64.6 QB rating HEADING into his 4th season (3 years of developing behind Favre). If Rodgers was thrown into the fire as was Sanchez? Who's to say he doesn't fall flat on his face?
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 06-22-2012 at 04:37 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jpoppy7;4498660]

The Jets took Sanchez to the AFCC, more than the other way around. If you watched 2009 and 2010 and didn't see a QB who struggled a lot, again you see football very differently than I, and just about everyone else who watched the game, do. [/QUOTE]

And round and round we go.

I already said this:

[QUOTE]
    Sanchez was running for his life in '09, but it got written off as the rookie's lack of experience.

I expected dramatic OL improvement in '10 but it wasn't the case.

This fab OL you speak of cost us the AFCC.

The difference in '11 is that more people began to notice what myself, buzzsaw, and perhaps few others, saw happening all along.

It just got so bad the flaws were impossible to conceal.[/QUOTE]

So, yes, Sanchez didn't perform up to his fullest potential - because of the OL's poor pass protection.

That's what I saw.

That's what NFL.com's rankings more closely depict.

Sorry if your carefully chosen Fantasy Football blogger rankings ranked the Jets #1 overall etc., and you choose to sweep Sacks and Hits under the rug to complete your unflattering portrait of Sanchez.

You hate Mark Sanchez, got it.

I just disagree and say PFF's rankings are ground game heavy (there's no other way to rank them that high) and NFL.com's rankings are more accurate concerning pass protection.

Which is directly, and therefore better, related to the topic.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4498736]And who's to say that Sanchez won't continue to improve from a slightly above quarterback to a very good QB (if not elite) over the years? The fact of the matter is this, he's improved each of his first 3 years in regards to completion percentage, total yardage, TD to INT ratio as well as overall QB ratings.

For crying out loud critics, he's only been in the league for 3 years after entering the league as a very raw quarterback with just about no college starting experience (other 1 year of starting experience).

Eli Manning went 690/1276, 8,49 yards, 54 TD's/44 INT's with a QB rating of 69.4. He also had 21 fumbles throughout his first 3 years.

Sanchez has gone 782/1414, 9,209 yards, 55 TD's/54 INT's with a QB rating of 73.2

It wasn't until Eli's 4th season where the Giants won a Super Bowl, and Eli Manning played like crap that season. 3,336 yards, completion percentage of only 56.1%, 23 TD's/20 INT's, QB rating of only 73.9 during his 4th season in the league.

It wasn't until Eli's 5th year in the league, where he DEVELOPED and became an elite QB. If the Giants had fans, such as these Sanchez critics running that franchise? Eli Manning would have been ran out of town before winning two Super Bowls.

Eli Manning is only 1 example of a Quarterback who took longer than 3 years of developing before becoming an elite leader. I could use another 30+ examples consisting of SB winning, All-Pro's and/or HOF QB's.

Aaron Rodgers is another example. Only put up 35/59, 329 yards, 1 TD/1 INT with a 64.6 QB rating HEADING into his 4th season (3 years of developing behind Favre). If Rodgers was thrown into the fire as was Sanchez? Who's to say he doesn't fall flat on his face?[/QUOTE]

You must have creamed your pants watching Moneyball and Billy Beane's propensity to rely on stats (OBP).

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetrider;4498750]
    That's what NFL.com's rankings more closely depict.

[/QUOTE]

Wrong.

It only depicts sack totals. Nothing else.

But if you keep saying it over and over Dorothy, it may come true and you'll be whisked away back to Kansas with Auntie Em.

Hint: make sure you click your heels three times. Or is it two times? I forget. Anyway, just click em. It should work.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4498753]You must have creamed your pants watching Moneyball and Billy Beane's propensity to rely on stats (OBP).[/QUOTE]

Thing is, what he's arguing is largely correct.

Sanchez is nowhere near as bad as many make him out to be and he is progressing overall.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Demosthenes9;4498757]Thing is, what he's arguing is largely correct.

Sanchez is nowhere near as bad as many make him out to be and he is progressing overall.[/QUOTE]
    Excuse me Mr. New Temporary Until Tebow Leaves Jets Fan, but you haven't been here long enough to appreciate what I was saying and the reason I was saying it. But thanks for your input.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Almost every Jet fan is rooting for Sanchez to be great and take the Jets to the promised land

Not Jetrider, daballhawk, Jet-Ts, UCrenegade and Demosthenes but they don't really count because NONE of those Te-boneheads are Jet fans or have ever been Jet fans.

Next year when they move their trailers down to Jacksonville to cheer for their adored Saint Timmy, EVERYONE will be rooting for Sanchez

well maybe not DBAKE but everybody else

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4498756]Wrong.

It only depicts sack totals. Nothing else.[/QUOTE]

Sacks and Hits don't reflect pass protection better than Rushing totals?

LOL. Go away.

Seriously, STFU and go paint your fagnails.

You don't belong here.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetrider;4498775]Sacks and Hits don't reflect pass protection better than Rushing totals?

LOL. Go away.

You don't belong here.[/QUOTE]

As I said previously, sack totals don't reflect how many times the QB dropped back to pass. You know, Sack %. That's one glaring problem with them. Even then, Sack % isn't that great an indicator as there are other variables that come into play.
    Last edited by Demosthenes9; 06-22-2012 at 05:16 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4498774]Almost every Jet fan is rooting for Sanchez to be great and take the Jets to the promised land

Not Jetrider, daballhawk, Jet-Ts, UCrenegade and Demosthenes but they don't really count because NONE of those Te-boneheads are Jet fans or have ever been Jet fans.

Next year when they move their trailers down to Jacksonville to cheer for their adored Saint Timmy, EVERYONE will be rooting for Sanchez

well maybe not DBAKE but everybody else[/QUOTE]

Sorry to interrupt your orgasm c=3, but you might wanna identify the Sanchez supporters in this thread first before commenting.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Demosthenes9;4498777]As I said previously, sack totals don't reflect how many times the QB dropped back to pass. You know, Sack %. That's one glaring problem with them.[/QUOTE]

You can estimate using passing attempts.

You can't estimate sack% using rushing yardage, LOL, so I'm not sure why you're arguing in favor of rushing-based OL rankings like JPoppy and Jordyhole are using.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetrider;4498775]Sacks and Hits don't reflect pass protection better than Rushing totals?

LOL. Go away.

You don't belong here.[/QUOTE]

That's your new story? LOL.

Okay, post a link to nfl.com that ranks the Jets 11th and 9th respectively in 2009 and 2010 that reflects sacks [U]and[/U] hits in that ranking.

Because that's exactly what you're saying right?

Go ahead. I'll wait. For a little while anyway.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetrider;4498782]You can estimate using passing attempts.

You can't estimate sack% using rushing yardage, LOL, so I'm not sure why you're arguing in favor of rushing-based OL rankings like JPoppy and Jordyhole are using.[/QUOTE]
    You've got such cute names for me Dorothy.

Remember. Click those heels. And bring me those stats. Not the sack total sacks. The other ones. Hurry.

And it's funny how you say now that it's sacks and hits. Before it was a variety of factors. LOL.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetrider;4498750]
    Sorry if your carefully chosen Fantasy Football blogger rankings ranked the Jets #1 overall etc., and you choose to sweep Sacks and Hits under the rug to complete your unflattering portrait of Sanchez.

You hate Mark Sanchez, got it.

I just disagree and say PFF's rankings are ground game heavy (there's no other way to rank them that high) and NFL.com's rankings are more accurate concerning pass protection.

Which is directly, and therefore better, related to the topic.[/QUOTE]

To clarify, Jordy posted PFF's [B]pass protection [/B] rankings for the Jets OL. Those are not ground game heavy, they are only based on pass protection.

I don't hate Sanchez. I also don't hate the rest of the Jets offense. I think Sanchez has improved to be a slightly-below average starting QB. Don't think he's the worst starting QB in the league or anything like that. He could continue to grow and become above-average, doubt he becomes elite but anything's possible.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jpoppy7;4498790]To clarify, Jordy posted PFF's [B]pass protection [/B]rankings for the Jets OL. Those are not ground game heavy, they are only based on pass protection.

I don't hate Sanchez. I also don't hate the rest of the Jets offense. I think Sanchez has improved to be a slightly-below average starting QB. Don't think he's the worst starting QB in the league or anything like that. He could continue to grow and become above-average, doubt he becomes elite but anything's possible.[/QUOTE]
    Don't waste your time trying to talk sense to this guy.

He only understands "tough-guy-internet" talk and name-calling.

Remember, you were jpoopy before. That's because you were making entirely too much sense and making him look bad.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    How many QB's have won a SB during their first 3 years in the league?
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 06-22-2012 at 05:39 PM.