Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanchez, as a quarterback, has improved each of his first three seasons.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=ASG0531;4497296]He has played well in some of them.. and yes, in Foxboro... but let's not pretend Sanchez in his rookie year, who was 12-23/100/1/1 "outplayed" Rivers who was 27-40/298/1/2

But really, that playoff stat is pretty meaningless. Sanchez fans cling to it, though.[/QUOTE]

No he actually stunk in the Charger game (and in the Colts game, despite coming up big on the final drive). Jets won the Charger game because their defense owned Rivers, who choked pretty hard.

I'm just a beleiver that a guy can improve his ability to read a defense, can fix his mechanics, etc... But you can't teach clutch. Seem to much of it to throw in the towel on Sanchez yet.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4497316]STFU a-hole

You are a piece of **** LOSER[/QUOTE]

Why do you get so crazy bent out of shape over comments that are so obviously intended to get under your skin?

You take the bait every time.

[QUOTE=Jordy;4497322]Why do you get so crazy bent out of shape over comments that are so obviously intended to get under your skin?

You take the bait every time.[/QUOTE]

Why do you get on your pedestal and lecture me when I'm not the only one doing what you suggest, in this thread?

It's well beyond baiting, the jackass needs to be banned, the mods know this, but there is some reason he continues to be allowed to not only violate board rules, but derail thread after thread with the same tired bull****. Again, I'm not the only one in this thread pointing this out.

But it is funny how I'm the one that puts you on your soapbox about it. :rolleyes:

All Pro
    The last three games of last season were essentially playoff games. He was terrible in all of them.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4497326]Why do you get on your pedestal and lecture me when I'm not the only one doing what you suggest, in this thread?

It's well beyond baiting, the jackass needs to be banned, the mods know this, but there is some reason he continues to be allowed to not only violate board rules, but derail thread after thread with the same tired bull****. Again, I'm not the only one in this thread pointing this out.

But it is funny how I'm the one that puts you on your soapbox about it. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
    Because you're the only one who continually responds with multiple profanities day in and day out.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4497316]STFU a-hole

You are a piece of **** LOSER[/QUOTE]

That didn't take long. You hit your stride within a couple of posts. Well done.

You are lucky you are buddies with JI's self-appointed watchdog (rat).

[QUOTE=ASG0531;4497296]He has played well in some of them.. and yes, in Foxboro... but let's not pretend Sanchez in his rookie year, who was 12-23/100/1/1 "outplayed" Rivers who was 27-40/298/1/2

But really, that playoff stat is pretty meaningless. Sanchez fans cling to it, though.[/QUOTE]

Could you please enlighten us as to what stats are/aren't worthy of discussion? You don't seem pleased with whatever stats have been mentioned in this thread, and as our guest your satisfaction is our number one goal.

Whenever you have the time, of course . . .

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4497258]Someone had to say it.

But I think we will have a HS offense with Tebow. So maybe Sanchez will return to his Mission Viejo glory days.[/QUOTE]

When you play stupid teams like the Bengals it can work.

Playing the Patriots twice a year and running sprint outs will not. If Sanchez cant drop back, make his proper reads and deliver the ball 15-20 yards down the field consistently this season, its time to move on.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4497338]That didn't take long. You hit your stride within a couple of posts. Well done.

You are lucky you are buddies with JI's self-appointed watchdog (rat).[/QUOTE]

It would appear that the "rat" you refer to is viewed by the mods as more of a "pest" than anything else.

What I like best is that we learned in this thread that not only is Ray Ray more knowledgeable than any poster on this board, he is more knowledgeable than any beat writer covering the Jets.

You can't make this stuff up. It's what makes this site so entertaining.

Banned
    Had to bump for PatsFanTx.
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 06-21-2012 at 12:11 PM.

[QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4497355]That's funny especially considering the fact that... (but don't let the fact's get in the way).

During Mark's rookie season he only had a QB rating of 63.0. During his 3rd season? QB rating of 78.2. That's a difference of 15.2 in QB ratings over a 3 year period.

During his rookie season Sanchez had 5 games in which he threw multiple INT's. During his 3rd season Sanchez had 5 games in which he threw multiple INT's. The difference? In 2009 Sanchez had games of 2, 3, 3, 4 and 5 INT games. During his 3rd Season Sanchez had games of 2, 2, 2, 2 and 3 INT games. That's a big difference.

During his rookie season Sanchez threw 1 INT per every 18.2 drop backs. During his 3rd year, Sanchez threw an INT per every every 30.1 drop backs. Big difference.

During his rookie season Sanchez put up 12 TD's with 20 INT's. During his 3rd season Sanchez put up 26 TD's with 18 INT's. A difference of 14+ TD's and -2 INT's. Big difference.

During his rookie season Sanchez only had a completion percentage of 53.8%. During his 3rd season Sanchez improved upon his accuracy with a 56.7 completion percentage. 2.9% doesn't seem like a lot, but add a 2.9% to Mark's completion percentage of last season and we're looking at a 59.6%. But since Mark's accuracy/completion percentage has improved each of the three years he's been in the league, that 59.6% would actually be even higher.

As a rookie Sanchez only put up two games of multiple TD's (2 & 2). As a 3rd year player Sanchez put up 9 games of multiple TD's of 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 3 and 4 TD performances. Big time difference.

As a rookie Sanchez only put up 2 games of 250+ yards along with 0 games of 300+ yards. As a 3rd year player Sanchez put up 5 games of 250+ yards along with another 3 games of 300+ yards (306, 335 and 369).

As a rookie Sanchez only 3 games of 80+ QB ratings, 1 game of 90+ and 3 games of 100+ QB ratings. As a 3rd year player Sanchez put up 4 games of 80+ QB ratings, 4 games of 90+ QB ratings and 2 games of 100+ QB ratings. Big time difference.

As a rookie Sanchez only put up 3 games of 60% completion percentages or higher (63.2%, 63.6% and 76.5%). As a 3rd year player Sanchez put up 7 games of 60% completion percentages or higher (60.0%, 61.4%, 61.5%, 61.9%, 65.5%, 70.8% and 71.4%). Big time differences. Clear as day differences actually.

As a rookie Sanchez had 5 games of 50% or below (34.5%, 38.1%, 46.7%, 50.0% & 50.0%). As a 3rd year player Sanchez only had 2 games of 50% or below (31.4% and 48.6%). Once again, yet another huge difference in regards to accuracy/completion percentage and overall improvements over the years.

Only a clueless fool in which lacks any type of football knowledge would sit here and say (troll) that Mark Sanchez is the same quarterback today as he was during his rookie season back in 2009. It's either PatsFanTx is in denial that we've landed a potential franchise QB who's improved each of his 3 seasons, or he just doesn't understand the game of football all that well. It's one of the two, either or, or maybe both.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen anyone totally owned the way TX was just owned.

One would think that, even if TX is not banned, he would just quietly go away after the kind of embarrassing schooling he just received.

Jets Insider VIP
    I think what people are saying is he has improved in things that anyone who starts 50 games is going to improve in.

He hasnt improved in anyway that an elite qb would improve in.

[QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4497362]I think what people are saying is he has improved in things that anyone who starts 50 games is going to improve in.

He hasnt improved in anyway that an elite qb would improve in.[/QUOTE]

LOL

"He hasnt improved in anyway that an elite qb would improve in."

OK :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Austin;4497321]No he actually stunk in the Charger game (and in the Colts game, despite coming up big on the final drive). Jets won the Charger game because their defense owned Rivers, who choked pretty hard.

I'm just a beleiver that a guy can improve his ability to read a defense, can fix his mechanics, etc... But [B][I]you can't teach clutch[/I][/B]. Seem to much of it to throw in the towel on Sanchez yet.[/QUOTE]

Sure. Clutch just means being as good as you are when it counts as you were when it didn't count.

[QUOTE=Owen Reed;4497358]Wow, I don't think I've ever seen anyone totally owned the way TX was just owned.

One would think that, even if TX is not banned, he would just quietly go away after the kind of embarrassing schooling he just received.[/QUOTE]

i know i would leave if i ever was on the receiving end of such internetz pwnage.

as a matter of principle, and honor.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4497354]

What I like best is that we learned in this thread that not only is Ray Ray more knowledgeable than any poster on this board, he is more knowledgeable than any beat writer covering the Jets.

[/QUOTE]

It is truly amazing how knowledgeable he is about the game of football.

Even more impressive, he has [B][U]never[/U][/B] been wrong once in his life.

JI is blessed to have such a quality poster as a member.

Jets Insider VIP
    [B][QUOTE=Snell41;4497157]A young QB with a good history or college experience should show a marked improvement in year 3. A QB with only 16 games of college experience coming out as a Jr needs more time to develop. If the regime didn't go into drafting him without knowing it would take a longer for him to reach his potential then it was a ridiculously dumb pick to begin with.[/QUOTE]

[/B]

Great Points!!

And this is my point on Mark all along. How anybody could think that Snachez would be an all world QB based on his experience levels in year three is beyond me..

If the FO thought otherwise shame on them.:rolleyes:
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 06-21-2012 at 12:10 PM.

All League
    [QUOTE=parafly;4497237]Throw the numbers out the window. [b]Anyone who understands football knows he regressed last year in terms pocket presence, decision making, and overall confidence on the field.[/b] His performance in the last quarter of the season when it mattered most was outright terrible, a far cry from how he played down the stretch of his first two seasons.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but, anyone who understands football knows he needs a "pocket" for those things to exist and improve.

The regression you described is all about the OL ... aka NOL and LOL.

[IMG]http://www.ausaloon.com/images/saloon_doors.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://www.qweb-images.com/Content/ProductImages/808140224.jpg?maxwidth=300&maxheight=300[/IMG][IMG]http://www.ausaloon.com/images/saloon_doors.gif[/IMG]

[COLOR="white"]..............[/COLOR] HUNTER [COLOR="white"]........[/COLOR] MOORE[COLOR="white"]..............................[/COLOR] MANGOLD [COLOR="white"]...........................[/COLOR] SLAUSON [COLOR="white"]........[/COLOR] D'BRICK

All Pro
    [QUOTE=ASG0531;4497370]Sure. Clutch just means being as good as you are when it counts as you were when it didn't count.[/QUOTE]

Or better, which has been the case with Sanchez.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;4497371]i know i would leave if i ever was on the receiving end of such internetz pwnage.

[/QUOTE]

I'm still looking for my abacus to translate what DWC said in that post.

I'll get back to you.