Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Sanchez, as a quarterback, has improved each of his first three seasons.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4498851]jetrider all talk and no action.

Where are the nfl.com stats sweet cheeks? You know. The one's that show a variety of factors in ranking the OL? The ones you keep referring to and can't provide.

Is it just sacks? Is it sacks and hits? Is it a multitude of factors?

Answer: sadly, it's just sacks. No not the ones you teabag.

Troll.

Have a nice night![/QUOTE]

Wrong. I just posted the Sacks and Hits. But I'll get to it.

BTW - my JI is acting like dial-up, can't load threads.

Am I the only one?

Hope my hard drive isn't dying ...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jpoppy7;4498859]Read: [URL]http://www.profootballfocus.com/about/grading/[/URL]

An excerpt relevant to this dicussion:

I don't think PFF is perfect, but it is more useful for understaing how well an OL pass protects than just straight sack numbers.[/QUOTE]
    This is too scientific jpoppy.

I think jetliner would prefer to go with total sacks yielded as his ranking.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetrider;4498856]Yes, I know how to read ... do you? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I can read just fine. You are the one who apparently is having difficulty with it as evidenced by the fact that you keep bringing up Rushing totals.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetrider;4498861]Wrong. I just posted the Sacks and Hits. But I'll get to it.

BTW - my JI is acting like dial-up, can't load threads.

Am I the only one?

Hope my hard drive isn't dying ...[/QUOTE]
    OMG.

nfl.com ranks them by SACKS.

The hit totals are there but are not part of the ranking.

Look at the team rankings #1-32. Then look at the SACK totals. You'll see that the rank corresponds down the line to the numbers in the SACK column.

:rolleyes:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4498847]Did I?

If I did, it would be the first time. That's your MO.[/QUOTE]

Whoawhoawhoa ... is that an apology?

I almost never initiate direct name-calling. It's usually in response to others.

I learned that the hard way and got my mic unplugged for 3 days for calling someone "tardbreath" - a 100% Nerf gentlemen's insult.

I was shocked. That was my only banning, btw.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Demosthenes9;4498869]I can read just fine. You are the one who apparently is having difficulty with it as evidenced by the fact that you keep bringing up Rushing totals.[/QUOTE]

Slow down and read the posts.

I don't think you're following everything.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4496981]2009: 196/364, 2,444 yards, 53.8%, 12 TD's/20 INT's, QB rating of 63.0.

2010: 278/507, 3,291 yards, 54.8%, 17 TD's/13 INT's, QB rating of 75.3.

2011: 308/543, 3,474 yards, 56.7%, 26 TD's/18 INT's, QB rating of 78.2.

Other than throwing one too many INT's last season, Sanchez has improved his yardage, completion percentage, TD to INT ratio and QB rating during each of his first 3 seasons. That has to mean something positive, right? To me (over the years) it's been steps in the right direction.

Sanchez may have set a career high in turnovers last season (18 INT's and 4 fumbles lost), but look at the amount of INT's thrown last season when compared to his rookie season. There's only a difference of two. What I look at when trying to find improvement, are the amount of drop backs. During his rookie season of 2009, Sanchez threw 20 INT's during only 364 pass attempts. That's an average of 1 INT per every 18.2 drop backs. Last season, Sanchez threw 18 INT's during 543 drop backs. That's an average of 1 INT per every 30.1 drop backs. Big difference when comparing how turnover prone Sanchez was as a rookie when compared to his 3rd season last year.

Sanchez has improved upon his overall yardage, completion percentage, TD to INT ratio and QB rating during each of his first 3 seasons in the league, despite the fact that he's worked with three different sets of WR's during each of his first 3 years as a developing quarterback.

Cotchery, Clowney, Stuckey and Brad Smith were the 4 WR's heading into week 1 of our 2009 season against the Texans.

Edwards, Holmes, Cotchery and Brad Smith were our 4 WR's heading into the 2010 season.

Holmes, Burress, Mason and Kerley were his 4 WR's heading into last season.

He's still managed to make progress without completely falling flat on his face. This year it looks like we'll be heading into the season with Holmes, Hill, Kerley and Turner/Chaz as our 4 WR options. I'm confident that Sanchez will continue to improve for the 4th consecutive season.

Two of his biggest flaws have been his turnovers and his accuracy/completion percentage. Turnovers should continue to improve as he matures, but he's posted completion percentages of 53.8%, 54.8% and 56.7% during his first 3 seasons. Last year we seen a 1.9 increase in completion percentage. If Sanchez continues to improve for the 4th consecutive season in regards to his accuracy/completion percentage? He'll be right around 60% this up coming season. If not a little higher.

Last but not least, I'm not willing to give up on a kid who's improved each of his first three seasons in regards to yardage, completion percentage, TD to INT ratio as well as overall QB ratings. Even Eli Manning struggled early on, posting completion percentages of 48.2%, 52.8%, 57.7% and 56.1% during his first 4 years. But looks what's happened in regards to his career, he's became elite. Has posted completion percentages of 60+ during 4 consecutive seasons. During Eli's 3rd season? 301/522, 3,244 yards, 57.7%, 24 TD's/18 INT's, QB rating of 77.0. That's identical to Mark's 3rd year ala 308/543, 3,474 yards, 56.7%, 26 TD's/18 INT's, QB rating of 78.2. With Sanchez having the slight edge in comparison. Both QB's also went 8-8 during their 3rd seasons in the league.

Most of our fan base (myself included) expected a bonafide breakout season out of Sanchez heading into last season. They say most QB's begin to come into their own during their 3rd NFL season as a starter. The difference with Sanchez? He was still a raw 3rd year starter. Only had one season of college starting experience during his days with USC. I guess we may overlooked the fact that Sanchez was going from Edwards, Holmes and Cotchery to Holmes, Burress and Mason. Big drop off in talent and overall ability, no?

The moral of this thread, is that our quarterback (who's still developing) has improved upon each of his first three seasons in some of the most important/pivotal statistical categories known to quarterbacking, regardless of the offensive talent that's surrounded him. Who's to say that Sanchez doesn't improve yet again for the 4th consecutive season? If he does, I think we've found our quarterback to continue building our franchise around. It's been nice being able to draft guys such as Kyle Wilson, Joe McKnight, Vlad, John Conner, Wilkerson, Kenrick Ellis, Jeremy Kerley, Quinton Coples, Stephen Hill and Demario Davis without having to worry about which QB to trade up for.[/QUOTE]

DWC, I missed you and your inane verbosity my man.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4498833] I guarantee he'll post a QB rating of 82+ this up coming season.[/QUOTE]

A QB rating of 82 will still put him in the bottom half of NFL QB's.

Sanchez was an overall #5 draft pick and has underachieved for 3 straight years.

You also predicted that Gholston would have 12+ sacks his 2nd year and Shonn Greene would run for 1,400 yards.

Your predictions and stats are friggn' laughable.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Matt39;4497471]True, Eli had his struggles. But I thought it was fairly clear the physical aspects of Eli's game were always there. Sanchez, physically is mediocre.[/QUOTE]

Bull, I remember many times where Eli's arm strength and inability to throw tight spirals in Met Life has been heavily criticized, ridiculous statement

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4498880]DWC, I missed you and your inane verbosity my man.[/QUOTE]

Inane: Adjective: Silly; stupid; not significant. Synonyms: empty - senseless - blank - foolish - vacant.

Verbosity: (also called wordiness, prolixity and garrulousness) in language refers to speech or writing which is deemed to use an excess of words. Adjectival forms are verbose, wordy, prolix and garrulous. An example are the expressions "in the vicinity of" (which can be replaced with "near") and "in order to" (which can be replaced with "to").

Thank you kindly sir.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4498926]Inane: Adjective: Silly; stupid; not significant. Synonyms: empty - senseless - blank - foolish - vacant.

Verbosity: (also called wordiness, prolixity and garrulousness) in language refers to speech or writing which is [B]deemed to use an excess of words.[/B] Adjectival forms are verbose, wordy, prolix and garrulous. An example are the expressions "in the vicinity of" (which can be replaced with "near") and "in order to" (which can be replaced with "to").

Thank you kindly sir.[/QUOTE]

One out of two ain't so bad.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4497048]Final mini-camp stats: Mark Sanchez went 10 for 27 (37%) in 49 first-tm snaps.

[url]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d829d79e3/article/mark-sanchez-struggles-with-accuracy-at-minicamp?module=HP11_headline_stack[/url]

Sanchez was unable to complete 40% of his throws in shorts and t-shirts. What do you think will happen when he is in full pads and facing a pass rush?

He is the most inaccurate starting QB in the NFL and he was ranked 2nd to last with 26 turnovers.

The moral of the story is Sanchez is the exact same QB in his first NFL game as he is in his 53rd. No improvement whatsoever, and that was stated publically by the Jets FO as well.[/QUOTE]

A starting qb learning a new system being judged by minicamp stats, by a pats fan no less...laughable

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Take away the ravens game where mangold was out and the offensive line was obviously broken and sanchez goes from

Qb rating Of 78.2 to 84.3 which moves his ranking from 23 to 16

What a difference one game makes

And also his turnovers in that one game made up 15.4% of his total
    Last edited by bcess; 06-22-2012 at 09:56 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bcess;4498954]Take away the ravens game where mangold was out and the offensive line was obviously broken and sanchez goes from

Qb rating Of 78.2 to 84.3 which moves his ranking from 23 to 16

What a difference one game makes[/QUOTE]

Mangold is far and away the most important Jets offensive player.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ASG0531;4498960]Mangold is far and away the most important Jets qb.[/QUOTE]

you mean he is clearly the most important player to his qb's success, right?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bcess;4498962]you mean he is clearly the most important player to his qb's success, right?[/QUOTE]

mistyped, but I still agree!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetrider;4498877]Slow down and read the posts.

I don't think you're following everything.[/QUOTE]

What is it that you think I missed ??