Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanchez, as a quarterback, has improved each of his first three seasons.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blah blah blah.

Give me 20/7 and I will be happy. That is not too much to ask.

Don't want 30 TDs and 20 turnovers, especially the back-breaking pick 6s or fumbles for TD. Have some situational awareness. When you are in the shadow of your own endzone, hold onto the ball with two hands. Don't make a late throw or try to force a ball into coverage when your team is winning and the opponent has done jack **** up until that point.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GuidoYaztremski;4497034][U]With my eyes[/U], he looked better in his 2nd year than his rookie year, which is to be expected. I'm not sure he regressed in year 3, but I can honestly say saw no improvement, regardless of the stats that DWC15 states. To my eyes, his reads showed no improvement and the same for decision making. I also didn't see any improvement in his demeanor. He still sulks after a bad serious. Hangs his head walking off the field.

Now I realize many here blame the OL for his lack of ability to run through his progressions, and we'll see this year if that was the problem. But I'm not sure if he's yet to grasp how to read a pro defense, and unless he gains that ability, he'll never be any better than average.[/QUOTE]

More drop backs, less time, and less open receivers.

I've seen Brady look the same way when our defense has him figured out. The difference is that they adjust, while apparently Schotty does not and our receivers say they had no room for improvising at all based on the coverage. Of course Mark's gonna look lost when he reads a defense and they have it covered perfectly. In fact it may lead to him staring down a receiver waiting to see a defender make a mistake.

No way to prove these things, but comparing other years to this one, when you know the offense will be completely different would just be ignorant. He may still fail to improve, but you have nothing to base it on now.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4496981]

Sanchez may have set a career high in turnovers last season (18 INT's and 4 fumbles lost)

[/QUOTE]

If you are going to bog down these threads with your useless statz, at least get them accurate.

Last year Sanchez threw 18 INTs, and had 10 fumbles, losing 8 of them for a grand total of 26 turnovers.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4497048]Final mini-camp stats: Mark Sanchez went 10 for 27 (37%) in 49 first-tm snaps.

[url]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d829d79e3/article/mark-sanchez-struggles-with-accuracy-at-minicamp?module=HP11_headline_stack[/url]

Sanchez was unable to complete 40% of his throws in shorts and t-shirts. What do you think will happen when he is in full pads and facing a pass rush?

He is the most inaccurate starting QB in the NFL and he was ranked 2nd to last with 26 turnovers.

The moral of the story is Sanchez is the exact same QB in his first NFL game as he is in his 53rd. No improvement whatsoever, and that was stated publically by the Jets FO as well.[/QUOTE]

How this isn't a ban worthy post is beyond me.

Is there a single mod willing to make this place better? The s**t this maggot is allowed to spew is insane and wouldn't be tolerated anywhere else.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4497048]Final mini-camp stats: Mark Sanchez went 10 for 27 (37%) in 49 first-tm snaps.

[url]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d829d79e3/article/mark-sanchez-struggles-with-accuracy-at-minicamp?module=HP11_headline_stack[/url]

Sanchez was unable to complete 40% of his throws in shorts and t-shirts. What do you think will happen when he is in full pads and facing a pass rush?

He is the most inaccurate starting QB in the NFL and he was ranked 2nd to last with 26 turnovers.

The moral of the story is Sanchez is the exact same QB in his first NFL game as he is in his 53rd. No improvement whatsoever, and that was stated publically by the Jets FO as well.[/QUOTE]

Want to give me Matt Cassel's pre season stats in 2008?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Austin;4497056]How this isn't a ban worthy post is beyond me.

Is there a single mod willing to make this place better? The s**t this maggot is allowed to spew is insane and wouldn't be tolerated anywhere else.

[/QUOTE]

You have to be the biggest baby on this board, always crying.

For your information, all I did was provide an opposing viewpoint to the thread [B][U]backed up with actual facts[/U][/B].

If you can't handle the truth, don't bother reading the thread.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=OCCH;4497021]The definition of a troll post -- is it really that difficult to make a legitimate contribution?

The fact that Sanchez was able to produce similar stats under more responsibility is the DEFINITION of improvement. Not as much improvement as Jets fans would like, but improvement nonetheless.

You don't get to attribute his GOOD stats to more responsibility, but not recognize the difficulty level would rise as well. Unless your only purpose was to flame the thread . . .:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

No, I wasn't attributing his GOOD stats to more responsibility, I was looking at all of his stats from last year. And my point was he didn't produce similar stats... in many areas he produced worse. By "more responsibility" i meant more attempts... i have no fn clue what is going on in the iceland headquarters of the jets.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 06-21-2012 at 09:18 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4497057]Want to give me Matt Cassel's pre season stats in 2008?[/QUOTE]

What do the 2008 back-up QB stats have to do with the stats of a 2012 starting QB? :confused:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Austin;4497056]How this isn't a ban worthy post is beyond me.

Is there a single mod willing to make this place better? The s**t this maggot is allowed to spew is insane and wouldn't be tolerated anywhere else.[/QUOTE]

It's no different than most other Patsy trolls. You'd think having rooted for a "dynasty" the past decade would have made them capable of objective debate, but I guess that's just too much to ask (almost like asking the Pats to win a SB without a recording device;))

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4497059]You have to be the biggest baby on this board, always crying.

For your information, all I did was provide an opposing viewpoint to the thread [B][U]backed up with actual facts[/U][/B].

If you can't handle the truth, don't bother reading the thread.[/QUOTE]

You're a maggot who thrives and causing drama. Obviously Jets fans know Sanchez has had his issues with turnovers and accuracy -- there wouldn't be a thread with DWC trying to talk us all into his improvement if he hadn't. You don't make thoughtful arguments about the NFL, you simply s**t on anything positive about the Jets.

[QUOTE]The moral of the story is Sanchez is the exact same QB in his first NFL game as he is in his 53rd. No improvement whatsoever, and that was stated publically by the Jets FO as well. [/QUOTE]

Seriously?

You're a pathetic waste of life.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Recusing from this thread before i get myself banned. It's too early in the morning.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ASG0531;4497005]Schotty threw him to the fire more last season. [B]He threw for more attempts, therefore he gained more yardage.[/B] But his ANY/A dropped from 5.4 to 5.1. His efficiency as a QB didn't improve at all.

Feel free to talk about all the reasons for that, but [B]he did not improve in any significant way besides increased bulk stats[/B].

In fact, he turned it over even more in his junior year than his sophomore year. Maybe an improvement from a 54.8 to a 56.7 comp% represents something significant.

He's still at best around 18-20th in the league.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ASG0531;4497062]No, I wasn't attributing his GOOD stats to more responsibility, I was looking at all of his stats from last year. And my point was he didn't produce similar stats... in many areas he produced worse. By "more responsibility" i meant more attempts... i have no fn clue what is going on in the iceland headquarters of the jets.[/QUOTE]

Do you even read your own posts?

His stats went up (good AND bad) because more was put on his shoulders. If someone is given added responsibility and continues to produce at the same level as when things were "dumbed down", that's a sign of improvement. If it wasn't, then they would have put all that responsibility on him his first year.

It's easy to go to a rival site and bash their players at will. It's a lot tougher to actually become part of a rational discussion . . .

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4497068]What do the 2008 back-up QB stats have to do with the stats of a 2012 starting QB? :confused:[/QUOTE]

What do OTA stats of a QB forced to work with backup WRs against a hungry defense have to do with his success in the upcoming season?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

You heard it here first, folks. Since Sanchez only completed 40% in shorts, he's bound to complete less than that during the season. We're doomed!

Honestly, GFY dude. 10% of the time you're willing to contribute to actual football discussion. The other 90% is absolute trolling. "Most inaccurate starting QB in the league." Based on what? Don't even get me started on the complete fabrication on your "Jets FO even publicly acknowledged" bs.

I don't care if the mods like you, you need to be banned. You derail or ruin half the threads on this board. You have worsened the experience for many Jets fans on this site. There's plenty of room for disagreement or being a devil's advocate (like some of the Pats fans that post here), but all you do is post crap that you don't even believe just to instigate everyone. Get a friggin life. Or better yet, get a Fleshlight. At least that way you'll be more productive with your time.
    Last edited by Rexipus Rex; 06-21-2012 at 09:30 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez is on a good trajectory in terms of growth as an NFL quarterback.

Remarkably similar to that of Eli Manning, who is now considered "elite" by some.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

[B]The moral of the story is Sanchez is the exact same QB in his first NFL game as he is in his 53rd. No improvement whatsoever, and that was stated publically by the Jets FO as well.[/B][/QUOTE]

When he does well in mini and training camp, it's a fluke.

When he does well in the playoffs, it's a fluke.

When he does poorly, it's indicative of his true nature.

I see how this works.

The highlighted statement is just flaming.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BRONX JET;4496988]No need for all that ink. Cut down on the turnovers and he will be fine.[/QUOTE]

No doubt.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Owen Reed;4497091]Sanchez is on a good trajectory in terms of growth as an NFL quarterback.

Remarkably similar to that of Eli Manning, who is now considered "elite" by some.[/QUOTE]

He needs some consistency in terms of personnel as well. We've had a revolving door at WR the last 3 years, and as much as people want to make excuses for the guy, Wayne Hunter needs to settle in at RT otherwise the results will be similar to last year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=OCCH;4497083]Do you even read your own posts?

His stats went up (good AND bad) because more was put on his shoulders. If someone is given added responsibility and continues to produce at the same level as when things were "dumbed down", that's a sign of improvement. If it wasn't, then they would have put all that responsibility on him his first year.

It's easy to go to a rival site and bash their players at will. It's a lot tougher to actually become part of a rational discussion . . .[/QUOTE]

No, his rate stats went DOWN. And his Turnovers went up... (and were the reason for losing a ton of games). Except for a moderate uptick in comp.% which was still awful. I'm not really trying to bash the Sanchize. But he's a mediocre QB, he's right in the middle of the pack.

Maybe Sparano will fix him, maybe it won't. We'll find out soon.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 06-21-2012 at 09:35 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ASG0531;4497096]No, his rate stats went DOWN. And his Turnovers went up... (and were the reason for losing a ton of games). Except for a moderate uptick in comp.% which was still awful. I'm not really trying to bash the Sanchize. But he's a mediocre QB, he's right in the middle of the pack.

Maybe Sparano will fix him, maybe it won't.[/QUOTE]

Is Sanchez exceptional in the playoffs? How many QBs have played the way he has in he playoffs?