Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets Season Tickets Now Starting at $50

Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    Buds don't want em. I will continue to cherry pick my games from Stubhub as I see fit.
    You promised that if the Jets hit your magic pricepoint you'd become a season ticket holder. Now that your "friends" don't want them you're out?

Wow.

SAR I

Amazing once tickets reduced amount of seats in $50 dollar section for sale on stubhub, many almost whole row. This is texans game.

$91.00
    Upper Endzone 306 26
    1-27
    $94.00
    Upper Endzone 324 23
    1-27
    $94.00
    Upper Endzone 305 23
    1-27
    $85.00
    Upper Endzone 348 23
    1-25
    $186.00
    Lower Endzone 131 32
    1-25
    $114.00
    Upper Sideline 317 23
    1-24
    $136.00
    Upper Sideline 334 15
    1-23
    $193.00
    Lower Endzone 131 28
    1-23
    $61.00
    Upper Endzone 330 21
    1-22
    $103.00
    Upper Endzone 349 19
    2-22
    $119.00
    Upper Sideline 317 21
    1-22
    $199.00
    Upper Sideline 345 23
    1-22
    $86.00
    Upper Endzone 349 16
    1-21
    $99.00
    Upper Endzone 323 19
    1-21

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    You promised that if the Jets hit your magic pricepoint you'd become a season ticket holder. Now that your "friends" don't want them you're out?

Wow.

SAR I
    Please show me where "I promised" that I would re-up. I have always maintained that I have no desire to attend all 8 home games. My re-upping was contingent upon the others joining in and splitting a a few seats amongst us. Since they have no interest I will continue to attend games at my discretion.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    If STH's were insignificant then teams a) wouldn't push Club seats, b) wouldn't build new stadiums, c) wouldn't force blackouts.

Of course the TV deal is the key to NFL success, but to unlock the full potential of the TV revenue you have to have a sold out stadium. No sell out, no local broadcast. No local broadcast, no local TV advertising. No local TV advertising, millions of dollars lost.

Not to mention that teams that own their own stadiums get 100% of the revenue from concessions, food, souvenirs, parking, etc. Not to mention the 82,500 fans averaging $140 a seat per game.

SAR I
    Insignificant. You can easily be replaced. There are thousands of young bucks that are just dying to spend their disposable income. If not you then someone else will buy the seats or sections will be tarped over to give the appearance of a sell out. Eventually you will be replaced by CGI.

Please show me where "I promised" that I would re-up. I have always maintained that I have no desire to attend all 8 home games. My re-upping was contingent upon the others joining in and splitting a a few seats amongst us. Since they have no interest I will continue to attend games at my discretion.
    what does attending all 8 home games have to do with having tickets? I make it to as many as I can,I like having tickets and ability to go when I can. I like not havng to worry about being shut out. Also you cant take people to "your seats" if they are not your seats.

Having season tickets has nothing to do with going to all 8 games. I also like to consistantly sit in good seats. I also like my seats are either on the aisle or in the first row. I also dont like sitting far from where people I know are sitting.

I dont like selling tickets I give you that. But the best seats in any sections, near higher price, front few rows of that sections on the aisle etc. usually sell above face. On stub hub I would either pay extra or buy cheap and end up sitting in the middle of a high row every game.

I know you can cherry pick games but quite frankly I no longer deal with friends with extras. They constantly wanted to cherry pick games like Pats, Cowboys and go with me for face and leave me with garbage games and pre-season to dump below face. Now I put all my extra games up on stubhub or ticket exchange at a 250% mark up and decline them down to face. But no longer do I want to be involved with cherry pickers looking for one pm Sept/Oct Games, opening day or Pats at face. I also had friends back-peddle on me when it starts to get freezing, raining or snowing or Jets stink. I got stuck holding dolphin tickets like that. My friend did not understand why I was pissed when I could have sold them for face. I was like dude I could have got 250% of face four weeks ago. I went to game with another buddy.

Headaches all went away as I no longer sell any tickets to friends or co-workers and only take one friend who is 100% reliable and family. Cherry pickers beware. There are 82,500 seats in stadium but only around 2,500 great seats. I am constantly amazed with how much seats sell for in good seats vs bad. Texans games has sold seats on stubhub ranging from $882 to $92. GHC vs. UD EZ.

LLGL has sold seats for $299 a seat for Texans while UD Sideline has sold seats for $113. With stubhub fees almost impossible to cherry pick in UD prime between 30s, Mezz A corners row one or LL sideline aisle or low row seats. Cherry picking is a bad term as you are actually garbage picking for high rows in the middle of aisle in corner or endzone seats.

I think the $50 and $75 dollar seats if you knew the moment they went on sale was a good deal. If you got a pair on the aisle nearest to $50 yard line it was a no brainer, 1K for a pair of season tickets and you locked in every good game. Even if you went to the four best and donated four worst to charity you would have made out.

Don't forget the two pre-season games that you get for free.

Well, not free, but...you know...the same price as regular season games.

And, the free hat.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    what does attending all 8 home games have to do with having tickets? I make it to as many as I can,I like having tickets and ability to go when I can. I like not havng to worry about being shut out. Also you cant take people to "your seats" if they are not your seats.

Having season tickets has nothing to do with going to all 8 games. I also like to consistantly sit in good seats. I also like my seats are either on the aisle or in the first row. I also dont like sitting far from where people I know are sitting.

I dont like selling tickets I give you that. But the best seats in any sections, near higher price, front few rows of that sections on the aisle etc. usually sell above face. On stub hub I would either pay extra or buy cheap and end up sitting in the middle of a high row every game.

I know you can cherry pick games but quite frankly I no longer deal with friends with extras. They constantly wanted to cherry pick games like Pats, Cowboys and go with me for face and leave me with garbage games and pre-season to dump below face. Now I put all my extra games up on stubhub or ticket exchange at a 250% mark up and decline them down to face. But no longer do I want to be involved with cherry pickers looking for one pm Sept/Oct Games, opening day or Pats at face. I also had friends back-peddle on me when it starts to get freezing, raining or snowing or Jets stink. I got stuck holding dolphin tickets like that. My friend did not understand why I was pissed when I could have sold them for face. I was like dude I could have got 250% of face four weeks ago. I went to game with another buddy.

Headaches all went away as I no longer sell any tickets to friends or co-workers and only take one friend who is 100% reliable and family. Cherry pickers beware. There are 82,500 seats in stadium but only around 2,500 great seats. I am constantly amazed with how much seats sell for in good seats vs bad. Texans games has sold seats on stubhub ranging from $882 to $92. GHC vs. UD EZ.

LLGL has sold seats for $299 a seat for Texans while UD Sideline has sold seats for $113. With stubhub fees almost impossible to cherry pick in UD prime between 30s, Mezz A corners row one or LL sideline aisle or low row seats. Cherry picking is a bad term as you are actually garbage picking for high rows in the middle of aisle in corner or endzone seats.

I think the $50 and $75 dollar seats if you knew the moment they went on sale was a good deal. If you got a pair on the aisle nearest to $50 yard line it was a no brainer, 1K for a pair of season tickets and you locked in every good game. Even if you went to the four best and donated four worst to charity you would have made out.
    When I had season tickets I wanted to attend EVERY regular season home game. I hated having to miss a game for any reason. I came very close to accomplishing that. That is why I had tickets. Because I actually wanted to go to all of the games. I have no interest in "taking people to my seats" I did not have season tickets to satisfy my ego or to try and impress someone. To me having season tickets was all about going to all of the games. That's what we did. Now I have no desire to attend 8 games and I do not want the headache of having to sell tickets when I do not want to go. You do not like the term cherry picking? Fine. Attendance will be at my discretion. Stubhub, ebay, etc makes it very easy. I never have to worry about being shut out because tickets will always be available. It will be a matter of what I am willing to spend and that will be at my discretion too.

When I had season tickets I wanted to attend EVERY regular season home game. I hated having to miss a game for any reason. I came very close to accomplishing that. That is why I had tickets. Because I actually wanted to go to all of the games. I have no interest in "taking people to my seats" I did not have season tickets to satisfy my ego or to try and impress someone. To me having season tickets was all about going to all of the games. That's what we did. Now I have no desire to attend 8 games and I do not want the headache of having to sell tickets when I do not want to go. You do not like the term cherry picking? Fine. Attendance will be at my discretion. Stubhub, ebay, etc makes it very easy. I never have to worry about being shut out because tickets will always be available. It will be a matter of what I am willing to spend and that will be at my discretion too.
    Believe it or not you may be sitting in my seats this year as I have all ten games on stubhub, have not decided yet which pair I will use for each game. so put nearly all the games on line. Three games I am sitting 100% in my lower level seat as I am taken people. Cant take people to an UD seat. As a future potential customer I salute you. If you act now you can have one regular season game at face if you buy a preseason game at face and get to select one jet hat from my jet hat collection. What a deal.

How come when I look on Stub Hub right before each game, I still see thousands of tickets available? In every section? At prices at or below face?

I don't understand how that happens, given the fact that there is apparently huge demand for tickets.

Must be a computer glitch.

Jets Insider VIP
    Zzzzz

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Owen Reed View Post
    How come when I look on Stub Hub right before each game, I still see thousands of tickets available? In every section? At prices at or below face?

I don't understand how that happens, given the fact that there is apparently huge demand for tickets.

it is the cherry picking friends flat-leaving season ticket holders causing them to dump seats last minute at a loss.

Jets Insider VIP
    Any tix I have listed were for crappy games or Friday/Sat cancels due to various reasons, most of which is weather related or kids stuff they forgot about....

it is the cherry picking friends flat-leaving season ticket holders causing them to dump seats last minute at a loss.
    Oh, that's it. There are thousands of them.

I for one am grateful for people who pay for PSLs.

Oh, that's it. There are thousands of them.

I for one am grateful for people who pay for PSLs.
    It is also technology. Back in the day if you were stuck with tickets last minute you were stuck. I recall people at port authority terminal selling tickets for friends who bailed 20 years ago. Now car breaks down on way to game on smartphone you can list tickets. Plus much more tickets.

Back 5 years ago my family including cousins, brother in laws had four season tickets, the rest was on waiting list. We would share those tickets. Today we have 12 season tickets. We now have more season tickets than people. Back five years ago if someone canceled you grab a replacement, we had like 8 people fighting for four seats, now we have like 8 people with 12 seats. Means lots of extras as game time approaches.

I personally dont understand it in one way. Tickets are worth their most 2-3 weeks prior to the game, from there it depreciates like crazy till kick off. I always see seats listed at too high a price for 6-8 weeks then come the day of game they are fireselling them.

All League

Your are entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts. While there are thousands of tickets for sale right now, most of the seats are above FV and they are selling above FV.

Bills: Lowest Listing price (Excluding singles)
    LEZZ = $150
    Lower SL = $244
    Lower Goal Line = $190

Recent Sales: If you are selling that game, you can see recent sales data. Based upon actual sales, the typical seat in the following section is currently sell for approximately the amount listed below
    LEZZ = $170ish
    Lower SL = $250ish
    Lower Goal Line = $190ish

All three sections (which are not club sections), the lowest price is well above the FV of the ticket.

BTW - there are thousands of seats "for sale" that are not really for sale.

We have our entire season "for sale" on StubHub at very high prices so we can see the sales data for the games. Using that data, we can better price the games we actually do want to sell. While we don't expect to sell them at the listed price, we will deliver them if they sell at the "high" price. We will just buy replacement tickets if that happens.

Jets Insider VIP
    It is also technology. Back in the day if you were stuck with tickets last minute you were stuck. I recall people at port authority terminal selling tickets for friends who bailed 20 years ago. Now car breaks down on way to game on smartphone you can list tickets. Plus much more tickets.

Back 5 years ago my family including cousins, brother in laws had four season tickets, the rest was on waiting list. We would share those tickets. Today we have 12 season tickets. We now have more season tickets than people. Back five years ago if someone canceled you grab a replacement, we had like 8 people fighting for four seats, now we have like 8 people with 12 seats. Means lots of extras as game time approaches.

I personally dont understand it in one way. Tickets are worth their most 2-3 weeks prior to the game, from there it depreciates like crazy till kick off. I always see seats listed at too high a price for 6-8 weeks then come the day of game they are fireselling them.
    Also good to have the "last minute" guys lined up. Got two myself that all I do is leave a parking pass in the mailbox and meet them at the tailgate.

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    Your are entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts. While there are thousands of tickets for sale right now, most of the seats are above FV and they are selling above FV.

Bills: Lowest Listing price (Excluding singles)
    LEZZ = $150
    Lower SL = $244
    Lower Goal Line = $190

Recent Sales: If you are selling that game, you can see recent sales data. Based upon actual sales, the typical seat in the following section is currently sell for approximately the amount listed below
    LEZZ = $170ish
    Lower SL = $250ish
    Lower Goal Line = $190ish

All three sections (which are not club sections), the lowest price is well above the FV of the ticket.

BTW - there are thousands of seats "for sale" that are not really for sale.

We have our entire season "for sale" on StubHub at very high prices so we can see the sales data for the games. Using that data, we can better price the games we actually do want to sell. While we don't expect to sell them at the listed price, we will deliver them if they sell at the "high" price. We will just buy replacement tickets if that happens.
    You are entiteled to have a good time, but you are not entitled to create your own time warp.

Of course tickets are listed above face now. Why would someone list tickets below face two and a half months before the game?

I said right before game time, every week, there are thousands of tickets available at or below face.

Of course, I don't wait until the last minute. I buy mine well ahead of time at a modest premium so that I have my pick of seats.

But, I'll go to hundreds of games, sit wherever I want, and still spend less than the cost of a middle-of-the-road PSL.

And, for that, I thank you.

I have PSL's and don't sell any games, I attend them all, but this notion that you can get thousands of below face value tickets in PSL areas for all games is absolute, Grade A baloney.

I search StubHub the days before a home game, pretty much to just piss myself off at the amount of tickets Jets fans are willing to sell to opposing fan bases, and at least in my area on the field (104-148), tickets are routinely going for $150-250 a piece and we're a $125 zone.

As for those who can now afford UL seats, GOOD. I'm happy for them. Are they going to have a great view point? No, but what $50 seat in the NFL in a major city would give you one? They'll be in the building and be able to see enough to make it worth their while, and now hopefully we can finally put an end to the upper bowl beaming down with opposing teams fans' cheers. It's annoying.

I'm glad the Jets did this for the fans. Having a PSL doesn't make you stupid, nor does it make you better than anyone else. There are plenty of rich people who didn't spend money on PSL's and plenty of blue collar people who spent all the money they could on a PSL, myself included. I don't take vacations, I go to Jets games. That's what keeps me happy.

Everyone is different.

Jets Insider VIP
    Good Enjoy yourself Vick

As will STH with excellent seats in the same spot every game we go to.

And sell the few we dont for an average of 185% face value

FV 145

I sold my Midgets PS this August for 185

One of my 3 for the Buff opener for 290

And 100 % certain my Thanksgiving 3 will net out at the 400 mark or better

Enjoy your cherry picking

Last edited by sg3; 06-26-2012 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Good Enjoy yourself

As will STH with excellent seats in the same spot every game we go to.

And sell the few we dont for an average of 185% face value

FV 145

I sold my Midgets PS this August for 185

One of my 3 for the Buff opener for 290

And 100 % certain my Thanksgiving 3 will net out at the 400 mark or better

Enjoy your cherry picking

Don't be bitter, I'm just telling you what works best for me and others in my position.

SAR has laid out the math numerous times, and for people like you and him, PSLs make perfect logical sense.

Bottom line is, if you go to all ten games every season for 30 years (the depreciable life of the stadium), and you get some sentimental value from sitting in the same seats every week, then PSLs are an economically sound decision.

For others, like myself, cherry picking is the way to go. I could go to a hundred events at the stadium over the next 30 years and the premium I would pay over face would still be less than the cost of a PSL.

I'm grateful for PSL owners. You guys paid for a great stadium that me and my family get to enjoy at our leisure. We have a wonderful home for the Jets now. And, for that, I am very appreciative.