Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets Season Tickets Now Starting at $50

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jpoppy7 View Post
    Moved up from row 9 to row 14, staying in the same section, saves me $400 for the season.

Especially since I already know I'll be selling tix to at least 3 games, and missing at least one preseason game, figured it's worth it. Now I'm in the best row of my price range.

Rows in the UD do make a big difference, my first year I was row 20, next year row 10, difference was considerable. But five rows higher for $400 less is worth it for me.

Surprised they didn't announce this before they let people switch seats, now they will get a lot of calls to switch again.
    Given the Jets' dumb moves in the past, I would not be surprised to find out that they never considered that people would move back to save hundreds of dollars per year.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by 2foolish197 View Post
    ...we can explain and explain it to you but we still can't understand it for you...PSL's are the biggest ripoff since college text books...
    PSL's are a way of life in the NFL, every stadium built in the last 10 years has them, every stadium to be built in the future will have them too. If you want to attend live NFL games in a consistent manner, you pay the $13 per seat PSL vig and move on.

I can explain it to you but I still can't understand it for you.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    you're such a pompous prick its unreal...

i really do hope this is just your "online" shtick to occupy your apparently idle time...if you are like this as a "real person" I do truly feel sorry for you.

your act has gone from old to just sad at this point.
    Not schtick, not an act.

I speak for tens of thousands of fans with nice cars and manners when I say that the working class blue collar pigs who crap up our parking lot and curse in front of our kids because they need an audience to re-live high school as they approach 60 years of age are no longer welcome at MetLife Stadium.

Go find a sports bar and fill it with your old high school classmates who used to think you were cool when you had a flat stomach and hair on your head. We don't need to see you parading around singing Molly Hatchet songs and pissing on our imported luxury cars any more. Those of us with money have your seats. We're taking your parking lots too.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    PSL's are a way of life in the NFL, every stadium built in the last 10 years has them, every stadium to be built in the future will have them too. If you want to attend live NFL games in a consistent manner, you pay the $13 per seat PSL vig and move on.

I can explain it to you but I still can't understand it for you.

SAR I
    ...no, thats ok...you can can keep on paying it...

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

...no, thats ok...you can can keep on paying it...
    No problem, we're looking forward to it for the following reasons:

1. It's the only way to attend live NFL games in a consistent manner.

2. It's only $13 per seat, not a lot of money.

3. It's the price we pay for evicting old timers from prime locations.

4. It's not real money, it comes back to us in 10 or 15 years if we want out.

Attacking loyal Jets fans because we chose to spend our money on the team instead of on ourselves after decades of waiting isn't cool. Attack the blue collar burping cursing farters who squatted on the good seats for 30 years selling 4 games a season at double face and attending the other 4 games for free. Their party is over. They're the bad guys. Justice is served.

SAR I

Not schtick, not an act.

I speak for tens of thousands of fans with nice cars and manners when I say that the working class blue collar pigs who crap up our parking lot and curse in front of our kids because they need an audience to re-live high school as they approach 60 years of age are no longer welcome at MetLife Stadium.

Go find a sports bar and fill it with your old high school classmates who used to think you were cool when you had a flat stomach and hair on your head. We don't need to see you parading around singing Molly Hatchet songs and pissing on our imported luxury cars any more. Those of us with money have your seats. We're taking your parking lots too.

SAR I
    ... i would kill for a flat stomach...

Attacking loyal Jets fans because we chose to spend our money on the team instead of on ourselves after decades of waiting isn't cool. Attack the blue collar burping cursing farters who squatted on the good seats for 30 years selling 4 games a season at double face and attending the other 4 games for free. Their party is over. They're the bad guys. Justice is served.

SAR I
    ...is 'consistent' the word of the day...i must have missed the memo..

All League
    ...we can explain and explain it to you but we still can't understand it for you...PSL's are the biggest ripoff since college text books...
    Actually, the biggest rip offs are new stadiums financed with enormous taxpayer support.

- When I lived in NYC, the city/state/MTA gave the richest (arguably) team in sports over $1,000,000,000 of our tax dollars to build Spankee Stadium. I hate the Yankees. Why should $1 of my money go to the Steibrenner family? I would, however, be willing to pay $1 to tear the place down!

- While I don't hate the Mets, the city/state/MTA gave away hundreds of millions of our tax dollars to build CitiField.

While nobody "likes" PSL's, they are better than public subsidies.

Not schtick, not an act.

SAR I
    SAR- If you thought the upper deck crowd was bad for the first two years at Metlife Stadium, what do you think is going to happen when the prices just got reduced by a third?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

...is 'consistent' the word of the day...i must have missed the memo..

Yes, definitely.

The only reason to be a PSL holder is to have a worry-free way to sit in the same seats next to the same fans year after year after year. Build a bond, make new friends, experience the team with a few dozen guys around you for 30 seasons. That's what season ticket holders were in it for since 1970, that's what we're in it for now. The only difference is a $13 upcharge for the PSL fee. Beer and a hot dog, not a lot of money.

SAR I

SAR I
    ...dude, even if the Jets by some once in a billion years star alignment happened to win it all you ain't getting your money back...i've been telling you this for three years now but you're just like my kids...you just don't listen...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    SAR- If you thought the upper deck crowd was bad for the first two years at Metlife Stadium, what do you think is going to happen when the prices just got reduced by a third?
    And wait til the $50 seats are going for $15 on the secondary market. What type of crowd do you think that will bring in?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Like Philadelphia, we just need more security guards and a small jail cell to control these pigs, that's all. PSL holders can avoid upper deckers entirely. If not for the foolish desegregation in the parking lots, it's like attending two different stadiums.

They need to move Firefraud up there, give him an audience again.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    sold the one of three tickets to the Buffalo game we can't use for nearly 300 bucks. Had I still had my original UD seats, I would have been unable to find a buyer at any price

Thanks again SAR for convincing me to make that visit in February 2010 and find out that my ionosphere seats which I was told were on the 35 yard line in an excellent low row (row 8) were actually on the 17 yard line and behind a maze of railings rendering viewing the field requiring contortionist like abilities and the near sidelines impossible no matter how I twisted.

As a result I was able to move down to LGL seats in Sunshine 109 and then for almost no additional money to the sensational and valuable seats I have today

Yes, definitely.

The only reason to be a PSL holder is to have a worry-free way to sit in the same seats next to the same fans year after year after year. Build a bond, make new friends, experience the team with a few dozen guys around you for 30 seasons. That's what season ticket holders were in it for since 1970, that's what we're in it for now. The only difference is a $13 upcharge for the PSL fee. Beer and a hot dog, not a lot of money.

SAR I
    ...is that ur stomach?...

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    Actually, the biggest rip offs are new stadiums financed with enormous taxpayer support.

- When I lived in NYC, the city/state/MTA gave the richest (arguably) team in sports over $1,000,000,000 of our tax dollars to build Spankee Stadium. I hate the Yankees. Why should $1 of my money go to the Steibrenner family? I would, however, be willing to pay $1 to tear the place down!

- While I don't hate the Mets, the city/state/MTA gave away hundreds of millions of our tax dollars to build CitiField.

While nobody "likes" PSL's, they are better than public subsidies.
    ...morally u have a point but whats the diff how they steal money from you...

Jets Insider VIP
    who really cares?? Those of us in the lower level have virtually no contact with UDers and are far enough away from them at all times, thankfully

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Not schtick, not an act.

SAR I
    lol... Oh man, herewego!

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

...dude, even if the Jets by some once in a billion years star alignment happened to win it all you ain't getting your money back...i've been telling you this for three years now but you're just like my kids...you just don't listen...

I don't want my money back. The Jets can keep the $13 per game PSL fee in the same way they got me for $107 in price increases since 1983.

Funny, you didn't complain or quit on the Jets when your tickets went from $13 to $50 in ten years, didn't complain or quit when they went from $50 to $75 in ten years, didn't complain or quit when they went from $75 to $100. Ah, but when you got evicted from your cushy location, ah, that's when the Jets became greedy pigs.

The profit making scheme that old time Jets fans enjoyed while blocking other fans out is now over. Stop being so grumpy. How about thanking the Jets for allowing you to squat in the good seats for decades and being happy for fans like me who are finally getting what we deserve? How's that for a concept.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP

I don't want my money back. The Jets can keep the $13 per game PSL fee in the same way they got me for $107 in price increases since 1983.

Funny, you didn't complain or quit on the Jets when your tickets went from $13 to $50 in ten years, didn't complain or quit when they went from $50 to $75 in ten years, didn't complain or quit when they went from $75 to $100. Ah, but when you got evicted from your cushy location, ah, that's when the Jets became greedy pigs.

The profit making scheme that old time Jets fans enjoyed while blocking other fans out is now over. Stop being so grumpy. How about thanking the Jets for allowing you to squat in the good seats for decades and being happy for fans like me who are finally getting what we deserve? How's that for a concept.

SAR I
    +1