Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets Season Tickets Now Starting at $50

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    lol... Oh man, herewego!
    PSL's were the method by which thousands of waitlisters and GS upper deckers wound up in great seats. We'll love them till the day we die. At which point they'll be willed to our grandchildren who will continue to breed upper class executive salaried Jets fans with manners and good bladder control for generations to come.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    +1
    I love Smashmouth PSL Friday's. Except its Thursday.

Bonus.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

SAR I
    Ouch. If we only knew then, in 1982, when you were sitting there with that $13 ticket in your hand that almost 30 years later we'd be discussing $10,000 licenses and $200 ticket prices...with complete strangers....via 1's and 0's over a system of wires....

...and that the Jets still hadn't won their second Super Bowl.

Jets Insider VIP
    PSL's were the method by which thousands of waitlisters and GS upper deckers wound up in great seats. We'll love them till the day we die. At which point they'll be willed to our grandchildren who will continue to breed upper class executive salaried Jets fans with manners and good bladder control for generations to come.

SAR I
    I have no problem with PSL's. It's supply and demand. And the system by which the Jets offered PSL's to existing ST holders was quite fair IMO. I had lots choices and picked my spot in 246A.

Whether someone wants to buy a PSL, go the StubHub route, or use another method...doesn't matter to me. I just want to see that stadium full.

I don't want my money back. The Jets can keep the $13 per game PSL fee in the same way they got me for $107 in price increases since 1983.

Funny, you didn't complain or quit on the Jets when your tickets went from $13 to $50 in ten years, didn't complain or quit when they went from $50 to $75 in ten years, didn't complain or quit when they went from $75 to $100. Ah, but when you got evicted from your cushy location, ah, that's when the Jets became greedy pigs.

The profit making scheme that old time Jets fans enjoyed while blocking other fans out is now over. Stop being so grumpy. How about thanking the Jets for allowing you to squat in the good seats for decades and being happy for fans like me who are finally getting what we deserve? How's that for a concept.

SAR I
    ...u said in 10-15 yrs you'll get ur money back...and yes i did complain...but as usual u weren't listening... you were just getting more cynical...and are you saying the Jets are not greedy?...they and all sports teams cut the little guy out and swallowed(no homo)the secondary market and its coming back to bite them...but you, my most valued friend, will glady bend over and say 'thank you sir may i have another'

Quote Originally Posted by jpoppy7 View Post
    Moved up from row 9 to row 14, staying in the same section, saves me $400 for the season.

Especially since I already know I'll be selling tix to at least 3 games, and missing at least one preseason game, figured it's worth it. Now I'm in the best row of my price range.

Rows in the UD do make a big difference, my first year I was row 20, next year row 10, difference was considerable. But five rows higher for $400 less is worth it for me.

Surprised they didn't announce this before they let people switch seats, now they will get a lot of calls to switch again.
    Because most people wont be able to do this till tommorow after they go home and check personal email, some may not even find out till next week. We are the small amount of people watching Jets every day off season. By Monday all the really good $50 and $75 dollar seats will be gone and people may not want to relocate if it means several sections over.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

SAR I
    Actually - according to the PSL agreement the PSL is only valid as long as the Jets play in the current stadium in its current configuration. So when this stadium becomes obsolete or if - perish the thought - they decide to renovate, modify or upgrade the existing stadium your PSL will be worthless and you will have to re-up.

PSL's are a way of life in the NFL, every stadium built in the last 10 years has them, every stadium to be built in the future will have them too. If you want to attend live NFL games in a consistent manner, you pay the $13 per seat PSL vig and move on.

I can explain it to you but I still can't understand it for you.

SAR I
    This is a thread for upper deck seats. Please save the riff-raff for the PSL thread.

Has anyone moved their seats? I'm in the first row of the upper deck in the $95 area. As much as I'd like to pay less it's not worth it to move back 14 rows.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 2foolish197 View Post
    ...i'm sorry but football is overvalued...its a ripoff...50-75 bucks...so two or three tix are like 100-250 plus 50 for parking plus 20 for gas plus 75+ for misc...thats 300+...8-10 times a year...3000+ grand...plz...
    5 hour tailgate + 3 hour game = 8 hours total entertainment

$50 tix
    $25 pkg
    $100 Misc

$175/8 = $22/hr for the game. Good Value in my book...

Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    Actually - according to the PSL agreement the PSL is only valid as long as the Jets play in the current stadium in its current configuration. So when this stadium becomes obsolete or if - perish the thought - they decide to renovate, modify or upgrade the existing stadium your PSL will be worthless and you will have to re-up.
    ...plz i told him that a hundred times alr...

So, what Sar is saying is that the value of PSLs is in no way tied to the demand for season tickets.

LOL

I love the delusion.

Post more pictures of your house that has declined 20% in value since you bought it.

At least your wife keeps you employed.

Jets Insider VIP
    ... i would kill for a flat stomach...
    Totally....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post

$50 tix
    $25 pkg
    $100 Misc

Problem for guys like me is the commute time. That being said I reached out to my crew to see if there is any interest in the lower priced seats. I am hoping we can come to some type of arrangement where we can get 4 seats and share the tickets. I really have no desire to make the haul to NJ 8 times.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

...plz i told him that a hundred times alr...
    2014 will be very telling. Crappy weather for the Super Bowl and the NFL will tell Woody and the Mara's if you want another SB put a lid on the stadium. Guess who will pay for that?

$50 tix
    $25 pkg
    $100 Misc

...x10...enjoy my friend...enjoy...

Totally....
    Move your seats to row 26 upstairs and all that walking will give you a flat stomach quick

2014 will be very telling. Crappy weather for the Super Bowl and the NFL will tell Woody and the Mara's if you want another SB put a lid on the stadium. Guess who will pay for that?
    ...plz refer to my earlier post about bending over and thanking sir for another...lol...

Jets Insider VIP
    And wait til the $50 seats are going for $15 on the secondary market. What type of crowd do you think that will bring in?

All League
    ...morally u have a point but whats the diff how they steal money from you...
    When the state takes money against your will, it is a enormous difference.