Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets Season Tickets Now Starting at $50

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    Problem for guys like me is the commute time. That being said I reached out to my crew to see if there is any interest in the lower priced seats. I am hoping we can come to some type of arrangement where we can get 4 seats and share the tickets. I really have no desire to make the haul to NJ 8 times.
    I guess you come from LI? I would not want to make that drive either, but at least we have a lot of 1PM games so the morning commute will not be too bad. Prob will need to decide sooner than later to snag the better seats.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 2foolish197 View Post
    ...x10...enjoy my friend...enjoy...
    Always do!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    Move your seats to row 26 upstairs and all that walking will give you a flat stomach quick
    Thanks for the advice... Wait until you are my age, all that partying catches up to you!!!! Only three Months until Tailgate season!!!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    I guess you come from LI? I would not want to make that drive either, but at least we have a lot of 1PM games so the morning commute will not be too bad. Prob will need to decide sooner than later to snag the better seats.
    Yup LI. We will decide by tonight. I was planning on a few games anyway so hopefully it works out.

Jets Insider VIP
    Yup LI. We will decide by tonight. I was planning on a few games anyway so hopefully it works out.
    Cool, doing the Stella keg again next season...

All League
    Pull the trigger!! DO IT!! We do the long commute (2.5 hours) and it is worth the investment in time.

Plus, you'll have your seats for this year's home playoff games!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    Has anyone moved their seats? I'm in the first row of the upper deck in the $95 area. As much as I'd like to pay less it's not worth it to move back 14 rows.
    I am not a math major but there is no row one in upper deck. It starts at row 5. So row 14 is only 9 rows back for $75 and row 20 is 15 rows back for $50.

No way would I move if I were you as having no one blocking your view is in itself worth a lot.

However, anyone in rows 11-13 or 17-19 should consider moving back a few rows. By far in my opinion the best rows in the UD EZ may be rows 5, 14 and 20. Why all three may afford you the opportunity to not have a someone standing in front of you. In particular row 19, who is paying $75 when seat behind is $50. Row 19 UD EZ is so far back from field can 48 inches more to move to row 20 even matter.

You guys should check out stubhub prices have plummeted in the upper deck. Opening day tons of tickets priced in the 80 dollar range.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    I have no problem with PSL's. It's supply and demand. And the system by which the Jets offered PSL's to existing ST holders was quite fair IMO. I had lots choices and picked my spot in 246A.

Whether someone wants to buy a PSL, go the StubHub route, or use another method...doesn't matter to me. I just want to see that stadium full.
    Same here, but for some reason there are a lot of fans that don't feel good for us, just want to put us down or make it seem like we're gullible for falling for some PSL scam.

We paid a modest ticket increase for a brand new stadium and superior views. If God came down in 1982 and told me I'd have to wait 30 years to get a great view and all it would cost me is $13 per game I'd have given him a big hug and said "thank you God".

SAR I

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    You guys should check out stubhub prices have plummeted in the upper deck. Opening day tons of tickets priced in the 80 dollar range.
    Good screw those scalpers.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by 2foolish197 View Post
    ...u said in 10-15 yrs you'll get ur money back...and yes i did complain...but as usual u weren't listening... you were just getting more cynical...and are you saying the Jets are not greedy?...they and all sports teams cut the little guy out and swallowed(no homo)the secondary market and its coming back to bite them...but you, my most valued friend, will glady bend over and say 'thank you sir may i have another'
    In 15 years on inflation alone my $4000 per seat PSL will have the equivalent value of $2700 today or $5700 in 2027.

And look up the history of other PSL teams in the NFL and how their fans were rewarded for their loyalty by great profit on the aftermarket.

Giants Stadium had 76,000 seats with decent views.

MetLife Stadium only has 55,000 seats with decent views.

PSL's are not a lot of money.

Can't make it any more simple than that to comprehend.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Same here, but for some reason there are a lot of fans that don't feel good for us, just want to put us down or make it seem like we're gullible for falling for some PSL scam.

We paid a modest ticket increase for a brand new stadium and superior views. If God came down in 1982 and told me I'd have to wait 30 years to get a great view and all it would cost me is $13 per game I'd have given him a big hug and said "thank you God".

SAR I
    Your wife pays for the tickets, so you can stop posting the math.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Owen Reed View Post
    So, what Sar is saying is that the value of PSLs is in no way tied to the demand for season tickets.

I love the delusion.
    The only tickets at MetLife Stadium that puts positive/negative pressure on PSL seats are Club Seats.

There are two types of fans: Those that want to actually see the football game and those that want to get drunk in public. Those that want to see the game disregard the upper deck seats outright, the Jets could sell them for $1 each and it still wouldn't have an impact on my Mezzanine seats or the other fans seats in the lower bowls.

If Club Seats suddenly have their licenses halved and gameday prices cut to $125 then PSL holders are screwed.

If the Jets suddenly go back in the toilet as a franchise and are a last place club then PSL holders are screwed.

That's it. Those are the only two worries that a PSL owner has in MetLife Stadium. The upper deck is inconsequential because no one wants to sit up there except 60 year olds stuck in high school who aren't there to see the game anyway.

SAR I

Originally Posted by FlagmanL11
    Pete
    Seems to be a lot of zip code fans here. I thought I was unique?
    Last edited by Queens Jet Fan; 06-21-2012 at 03:03 PM.

The only tickets at MetLife Stadium that puts positive/negative pressure on PSL seats are Club Seats.

There are two types of fans: Those that want to actually see the football game and those that want to get drunk in public. Those that want to see the game disregard the upper deck seats outright, the Jets could sell them for $1 each and it still wouldn't have an impact on my Mezzanine seats or the other fans seats in the lower bowls.

If Club Seats suddenly have their licenses halved and gameday prices cut to $125 then PSL holders are screwed.

If the Jets suddenly go back in the toilet as a franchise and are a last place club then PSL holders are screwed.

That's it. Those are the only two worries that a PSL owner has in MetLife Stadium. The upper deck is inconsequential because no one wants to sit up there except 60 year olds stuck in high school who aren't there to see the game anyway.

SAR I
    ...i love your generalizations...they put such weight to your arguements...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    Pete

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    Pete

I moved from the city to Nassau County a month ago and I have my first kid due Aug 1. I went from 8 games a year to hopefully making the 5 1pm games. the 3 night games are a no go. In reality I'm looking at 4 games. Oh well, it was a good run.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    Thanks for the advice... Wait until you are my age, all that partying catches up to you!!!! Only three Months until Tailgate season!!!
    could be those award winning burgers

Quote Originally Posted by E4orBust View Post
    I moved from the city to Nassau County a month ago and I have my first kid due Aug 1. I went from 8 games a year to hopefully making the 5 1pm games. the 3 night games are a no go. In reality I'm looking at 4 games. Oh well, it was a good run.
    The issue is not the amount of games you go to, the issue is secondary market demand is non-existent for most seats. When my brother in law had three kids back to back to back he could not make a few season, the folks next to him said when invoice comes in I will give you a check and we will rent for a few years. If you ever can make game call us and we will sell back to you at face.

Jets used to have a 20 year waiting list. No more, tickets can be had cheap last minute so less reason to buy ahead. Plus think about it they are reducing 12,000 seats in UD today. But really only the two nearest Sideline corner seats reduced in all four corners are worth it. Those high row UD EZ seats are way way to far from field. There are three levels, then 70 rows than from back wall of endzone to goal line is another 20 yards. And that is the distance to the closest play. In reality closeness to the 50 is the biggest factor in seats. The seats on the aisle around row 20 which is 5 yard line for $75 are a much better deal than the $50 dollar seats in the UD EZ, why well you just have too much distance to cover to see anything on other side of field. Also in the $75 dollar seat you have 4 big screens to look at. In UD EZ you have to look downfield to see big screens, you cant see ones on your side. So even replays are very very far away like maybe 150 yards.

Hall Of Fame
    The upper deck is inconsequential because no one wants to sit up there except 60 year olds stuck in high school who aren't there to see the game anyway.

SAR I
    Yet you have about 30 posts in an upper deck thread. Go figure.

See you this season at the games. I'll be parking two vans full of hard-partying fans in your lot. Then half of us will be sitting in your section, having paid face value (or less) for the same seats you have, while the guy who sold them to us eats the PSL cost for us. That's really the only difference.

Well, that, and we'll actually be able to comprehend what's happening on the field.