Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets Season Tickets Now Starting at $50

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    not sure about the "duped" part

they were primarily the oldest STH and many had been sitting between the 30s in the lower level and mezzanine for 75-85 dollars a game, Similar seating in between the sidelines involved at least a 15K PSL or club seats with PSLs and a minimum of 300 bucks a game.

I think of that old guy with his PSLs-GO to HELL banner at the old dump in the last season as pretty much representative of the longest in the tooth seniority group. Many of them had that exact attitude and chose seats between the sidelines in the Upper Deck.

My original seats were in the upper deck sidelines row 8. I thought they would be OK as did a large segment of the long seniority STHS. Thankfully I spent the time and effort to go out to the Stadium in February and actually see my seats with my own eyes,

Upon seeing how bad the views were, I made the decision that 20 years or so of seeing NFL games from great seats vs 20 years of hating every minute of every game because of bad UD seats was worth the one time investment required which originally for 109 was only 7500 a seat,

Of course, we all have different priorities re Entertainment and different financial means and capabilities. I was lucky in that I could afford to make the decision I made. And I haven't regretted my decision for one nanosecond during the first two years of games at Jet Life.

I think maybe "self-duped" or just plain stubborn is a more accurate description. Because UDers, had they done the proper due diligence, could for pretty much a pittance (2500 bucks financed over 15 years) easily got themselves down to the Lower Level EZ near the corners or to the Mezz) and enjoyed the bliss of not being in the Upper Bowl for decades

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good move, maybe this will bring back some of the old fans. The games will be fun again. If you don't want drunken buffoons cursing and playing bad music, buy Giant tickets.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmat321 View Post
    Good move, maybe this will bring back some of the old fans. The games will be fun again. If you don't want drunken buffoons cursing and playing bad music, buy Giant tickets.
    IMO I see worse behavior at Giant games than I do at Jets games.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    IMO I see worse behavior at Giant games than I do at Jets games.
    Whenever someone tries to tell me Jets fans are rowdier than Giants fans, I remind them of 12/23/95.....The snowball game, Giants-Chargers.

Many people seem to mis-remember that, thinking it was a Jets game......

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wait...I know I'm late to this thread, but why would they make such a drastic move cutting prices like if they were sold out? Could there really have been that many people that bailed? I mean, they did SAY the place was sold out last year, right?

Not that I really care. I love my seats. Just saying I never believed they really were.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    not sure about the "duped" part

they were primarily the oldest STH and many had been sitting between the 30s in the lower level and mezzanine for 75-85 dollars a game, Similar seating in between the sidelines involved at least a 15K PSL or club seats with PSLs and a minimum of 300 bucks a game.

I think of that old guy with his PSLs-GO to HELL banner at the old dump in the last season as pretty much representative of the longest in the tooth seniority group. Many of them had that exact attitude and chose seats between the sidelines in the Upper Deck.

My original seats were in the upper deck sidelines row 8. I thought they would be OK as did a large segment of the long seniority STHS. Thankfully I spent the time and effort to go out to the Stadium in February and actually see my seats with my own eyes,

Upon seeing how bad the views were, I made the decision that 20 years or so of seeing NFL games from great seats vs 20 years of hating every minute of every game because of bad UD seats was worth the one time investment required which originally for 109 was only 7500 a seat,

Of course, we all have different priorities re Entertainment and different financial means and capabilities. I was lucky in that I could afford to make the decision I made. And I haven't regretted my decision for one nanosecond during the first two years of games at Jet Life.

I think maybe "self-duped" or just plain stubborn is a more accurate description. Because UDers, had they done the proper due diligence, could for pretty much a pittance (2500 bucks financed over 15 years) easily got themselves down to the Lower Level EZ near the corners or to the Mezz) and enjoyed the bliss of not being in the Upper Bowl for decades
    I think your comments are fair. Duped was probably too strong a word.

By making UD seats the only seats on the sideline w/o a PSL, they gave LT STH's a weird value proposition:
    1) Pay pretty large PSL for seat in lower bowl on the sideline;
    2) Pay significant (but not huge) PSL to sit in the LD or Mezz Endzones; or
    3) Pay no PSL for "sideline" seats in the UD.

I can see how people with high seniority made the initial decisions they did. I would have done the same thing.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fbutlercpa View Post
    Wait...I know I'm late to this thread, but why would they make such a drastic move cutting prices like if they were sold out? Could there really have been that many people that bailed? I mean, they did SAY the place was sold out last year, right?

Not that I really care. I love my seats. Just saying I never believed they really were.
    1) The Non-Club PSL seats are essentially sold out.
    2) The Club Seats are not sold out, but they don't impact blackouts.
    3) The UD seats were nowhere near sold out at the old prices. I have heard they were short 10-12,000 seats. Most of those were in the sections with the price drop.

Many STH's who originally had high row and/or EZ/Corner UD seats gave them up.
    - Fans have learned that high row seats in the UD don't provide a good view.

- Fans have learned that medium/high row seats in the Corner/EZ of the UD were a horrific value and had no value on the 2nd market (Stubhub).

- Because being a season ticket holder meant eating 2x$100 tickets for worthless pre-season games, season tickets in the "bad" sections was financially stupid. Buy only buying regular season games on SH, you could probably sit in the "same' seat for 8x($40-80 per game).

- Selling games to individual games is expensive and a Pain in the A's for teams. They want season ticket holders, not individual game buyers.

By lowering the price, the Jets are essentially giving the STH's the pre-season games for free. Take the mid-priced tickets. Season tickets are $500/8 regular season games = $62 per game. Including fees, that is pretty close to what tickets on Stubhub would cost depending upon the opponent.
    - While not the deal of the century, Stubhub is no longer a no brainer for people wanting to attend games at the lowest possible price. Unlike SH buyers, the STH will have a shot at home playoff games at FV.
    Last edited by Digetydog; 06-22-2012 at 06:06 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree completely

I made that same decision....UD SL row 8 312 ...looked at the seating map...looked like 35 YL next to prime midfields

However helped by some of the posters here and my normal process of due diligence I called and made the trip to see my seats in Feb 10,

And there they were ....17 YL and railings in front and to the side

As a result and because I could afford it I moved down to LLSL

Such due diligence IMO could have gotten at least some others out of the UD especially when LL and Mezz PSLS were reduced to a relatively minuscule 2500 bucks payable over 15 years

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    1) The Non-Club PSL seats are essentially sold out.
    2) The Club Seats are not sold out, but they don't impact blackouts.
    3) The UD seats were nowhere near sold out at the old prices. I have heard they were short 10-12,000 seats. Most of those were in the sections with the price drop.

Many STH's who originally had high row and/or EZ/Corner UD seats gave them up.
    - Fans have learned that high row seats in the UD don't provide a good view.

- Fans have learned that medium/high row seats in the Corner/EZ of the UD were a horrific value and had no value on the 2nd market (Stubhub).

- Because being a season ticket holder meant eating 2x$100 tickets for worthless pre-season games, season tickets in the "bad" sections was financially stupid. Buy only buying regular season games on SH, you could probably sit in the "same' seat for 8x($40-80 per game).

- Selling games to individual games is expensive and a Pain in the A's for teams. They want season ticket holders, not individual game buyers.

By lowering the price, the Jets are essentially giving the STH's the pre-season games for free. Take the mid-priced tickets. Season tickets are $500/8 regular season games = $62 per game. Including fees, that is pretty close to what tickets on Stubhub would cost depending upon the opponent.
    - While not the deal of the century, Stubhub is no longer a no brainer for people wanting to attend games at the lowest possible price. Unlike SH buyers, the STH will have a shot at home playoff games at FV.
    Right...but they were sold out. They said so. Did 10-12,000 people give up their seats after the second season in the new stadium? Or were they not really sold out the past two seasons with a few hundred scattered seats here and there?

Were those thousands of empty, unowned seats with visiting fans that many people on this board mentioned really...empty, unowned seats that were sold to the public by the Jets themselves and not held back for opposing team families?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    so let me get this straight... it's only going to cost half as much to get a nose bleed?

YES!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmat321 View Post
    I have a better plan.

First, I'm buying a Green Club section parking pass for my new BMW to safeguard it from upper decker urine and seagull feces.

Next, instead of selling my Yellow pass I'm giving it to my lawn guy with an agreement that he'll drive his rusty Ford F-150 to the games with the pick-up's bed full of fresh manure and dump it on the beer drinking cursing burping farters in Lot D as a thank you from me.

Win-win.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right...but they were sold out. They said so. Did 10-12,000 people give up their seats after the second season in the new stadium? Or were they not really sold out the past two seasons with a few hundred scattered seats here and there?

Were those thousands of empty, unowned seats with visiting fans that many people on this board mentioned really...empty, unowned seats that were sold to the public by the Jets themselves and not held back for opposing team families?
    Time for some hard truth:

Thousands of displaced LL fans from Giants Stadium days decided to try the upper deck at MetLife for a single season in 2009.

After the Jets went to the AFC Championship Game, they decided to keep them for a second season in 2010.

After the Jets again went to the AFC Championship Game, they decided to keep them again for a third season in 2011.

After Rex Ryan and the team suffered an unfortunate 0-3 slide, these old time "most loyal fans in the history of the world" we keep hearing about DUMPED their seats like a hot potato. Suddenly, seats that were just fine when we were Super Bowl contenders were lousy, just couldn't take it anymore.

I am sooooooo sick of hearing about these disloyal fairweather fans already. They had it better than any other NFL fans from 1984-2008, routinely sold their great locations to enemy fans at a huge profit, couldn't suck up a $13 PSL price increase, and quit on the team because Woody Johnson did something nice for them and they took advantage of his generosity. Like the grumpy old men they are, they just want to whine.

Good riddance.

SAR I

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Time for some hard truth:

Thousands of displaced LL fans from Giants Stadium days decided to try the upper deck at MetLife for a single season in 2009.

After the Jets went to the AFC Championship Game, they decided to keep them for a second season in 2010.

After the Jets again went to the AFC Championship Game, they decided to keep them again for a third season in 2011.

After Rex Ryan and the team suffered an unfortunate 0-3 slide, these old time "most loyal fans in the history of the world" we keep hearing about DUMPED their seats like a hot potato. Suddenly, seats that were just fine when we were Super Bowl contenders were lousy, just couldn't take it anymore.

I am sooooooo sick of hearing about these disloyal fairweather fans already. They had it better than any other NFL fans from 1984-2008, routinely sold their great locations to enemy fans at a huge profit, couldn't suck up a $13 PSL price increase, and quit on the team because Woody Johnson did something nice for them and they took advantage of his generosity. Like the grumpy old men they are, they just want to whine.

Good riddance.

SAR I
    +1

The silver lining though ....

Jet Life will be a better place with most of these whiners replaced with younger Jet fans that can now afford to take their families and who actually want to be there watching live NFL football in a great new stadium

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a better plan.

First, I'm buying a Green Club section parking pass for my new BMW to safeguard it from upper decker urine and seagull feces.

Next, instead of selling my Yellow pass I'm giving it to my lawn guy with an agreement that he'll drive his rusty Ford F-150 to the games with the pick-up's bed full of fresh manure and dump it on the beer drinking cursing burping farters in Lot D as a thank you from me.

Win-win.

SAR I
    Great news SAR....you can park your BMW right next to my Ford in the Green Club Section lots.

(Sorry, I just couldn't resist)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes. 10-12K really did give up their seats in bad, UD sections. They were a bad value + they had no PSL to hold people in the seats.

In the upper deck, they were actually sold out in year one. After people got used to the views (not so good) and realized that they could get tickets for less than FV on Stubhub in those sections, they gradually moved to better seats or game them up.

Why pay $95 for a seat (and pay for 2 PS games) when you could buy the same seat on SH for $75 or less?

Plus, people learned that they could wait until after the PS games (saving $200) to buy ST's if they weren't picky about which seats they were in. For a family of 4, waiting would save you nearly $800 a year.

At the lower prices, the Jets should be able to renew most of the STH's every year.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not buying that they were completely sold out last year and what we are seeing is one year of turnover. I'd agree that the overwhelming majority of the upper deck was sold out in year one with all the long time STH choosing it. (not so sure about PSL's in year one). People have posted about the upper deck seats on stubhub....10 and 20 in the same section and row. I don't believe a group of friends all decided to sell their seats to the same game. If it was one or two sections and rows to one or two games, maybe. But it was in many sections and many rows.

This is a huge price cut that "affects" 10-12,000 seats. The amount of actual empty seats could be more than that. But even if it's not, that is almost half of the upper deck seating capacity.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rgoltsch View Post
    Great news SAR....you can park your BMW right next to my Ford in the Green Club Section lots.

(Sorry, I just couldn't resist)
    Lol! Make that two Fords...I'll be in a shiny red F150 when my father-in-law drives.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a better plan.

Win-win.

SAR I
    the ignorance you show shines brightly.

If you are having trouble with football fans in YOUR lot, those are the same fans sitting in YOUR section(s), not the UD fans. Unless you were parked in the orange lots, where all UD fans were forced to park, your statement holds no merit. Thankfully for the UD`ers, they don`t have to deal with snobby trash in their lots a mile away.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    checked in with my rep on Friday and the price reduction has been a huge tremendous success. More than 80 percent of the inventory for rows 13-20 (the 75 dollar zone) went like hot cakes and the 50 dollar area sales have sold more than half the previously available inventory of row 20s and above.

About 1500 of these seats were transfers back from STHS mostly in row 12 or 11 in the sections where row 13 prices were reduced to 75. There have been a few similar transfers from rows 11-12 and from row 18 and 19 back to the 50 dollar seats in row 20and 21.

Few transfers from the sidelines UD sections not reduced to the new cheaper locations and almost none from the first 6 rows back to row 13 or higher.

They were also pleasantly surprised to see a lot of STHs in the higher 95s and 105s sections moving back a few rows and doubling their number of seats to include family members and friends at the new more affordable pricing points. They are forecasting that they will be withing sellout range of the cheaper seat locations within a week or two and then will focus their efforts on refilling the lower row seats vacated by folks moving back.

IMO, this is all good in that there will be newer fans happy to find affordable seats to NFL games in the UD this season and this should lead to a more energetic and lively crowd cheering on our Jets to the postseason

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    One thing to think about: compare the new prices at MetLife to the similar seats at Spankee Stadium or Madoff Field.

Considering that you see 1/10 of the games, the Jets tickets at $50 are a great deal in the NY market.

Madoff Field - $50 gets you left field reserved(aka the bleachers) (for most games)
    Spankee Spaydium- $50 - terrace level??