Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Jets Season Tickets Now Starting at $50

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    Forget SAR's son. His daughter is going to like it. 3 Series are the Miata of BMW!!!

1) I don't know of any men that drive a 3 series.
    2) I dated at least three girls that drove them. The last woman I dated before I met my wife had a really nice 4WD version.
    what kind of car did your wife had?

I have a 5 series and nobody even looks at my car, 3 and 5 series are a common as shopping carts at stop and shop.

Many years ago when I was in my 20s and single I had a old Mercedes Convertible. People would talk to me at lights, friends would beg to take it for a spin and everyone wanted to take a ride in it. My friend who had a Porsche 911 covertible had same thing. Sadly BMWs in the NY area, 25 years ago were a true driving machine and not a common site, today BMWs handle like a Ford Taurus and are just as boring looking.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    what kind of car did your wife had?

I have a 5 series and nobody even looks at my car, 3 and 5 series are a common as shopping carts at stop and shop.

Many years ago when I was in my 20s and single I had a old Mercedes Convertible. People would talk to me at lights, friends would beg to take it for a spin and everyone wanted to take a ride in it. My friend who had a Porsche 911 covertible had same thing. Sadly BMWs in the NY area, 25 years ago were a true driving machine and not a common site, today BMWs handle like a Ford Taurus and are just as boring looking.
    The woman I was dating when I met my wife was 30 year old doctor. She had a very nice 3 series with 4wd. It was very nice.

But, I still think that the 3 series became a chick car in the late 80's when men started buying so many SUV's.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    The woman I was dating when I met my wife was 30 year old doctor. She had a very nice 3 series with 4wd. It was very nice.

But, I still think that the 3 series became a chick car in the late 80's when men started buying so many SUV's.
    Now SUVs are chick cars, lined up at drop off at elementary schools. Moms think they are cool cause their Honda Pilot is really a "SUV"

Back in late 1980s one summer I bought a used 1976 Jeep CJ7 just to drive to Hampton house. Had 3 inch lift kit and a huge CB attenna and levi package, yep seat covers were made of levi jeans, came from factory that way. Jeeps/SUV were super popular in mid 70s along with cb radios, hey Daisy Duke had one, High gas prices in late 70s and early 80s killed that craze for almost a decade. My used 12 year old jeep I recall on southern state parkway was only SUV sometimes for miles. Today with Escalades and GMC Yukon Denalis being driven by five foot three inch housewives with a 22 pound child in the back I would feel like a toy on the road, other than Cj7s, sauzki samuri's and hunters in old Jeep Grand Cherokkees 25 years ago SUVs were as rare as a brand new Saab is today

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    Now SUVs are chick cars, lined up at drop off at elementary schools. Moms think they are cool cause their Honda Pilot is really a "SUV"

Back in late 1980s one summer I bought a used 1976 Jeep CJ7 just to drive to Hampton house. Had 3 inch lift kit and a huge CB attenna and levi package, yep seat covers were made of levi jeans, came from factory that way. Jeeps/SUV were super popular in mid 70s along with cb radios, hey Daisy Duke had one, High gas prices in late 70s and early 80s killed that craze for almost a decade. My used 12 year old jeep I recall on southern state parkway was only SUV sometimes for miles. Today with Escalades and GMC Yukon Denalis being driven by five foot three inch housewives with a 22 pound child in the back I would feel like a toy on the road, other than Cj7s, sauzki samuri's and hunters in old Jeep Grand Cherokkees 25 years ago SUVs were as rare as a brand new Saab is today
    Until last year, I had a fantastic, black Silverado Extended Cab with an enormous V8. I loved it. Unfortunately, we needed a smaller vehicle for a couple of years (carseat and mileage) and I am driving a boring Accord.

When my daughter is out of the car seat, I am going back to a Silverado.