Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets Season Tickets Now Starting at $50

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    investment gold
    No one ever said that the upper deck was anything but a joke, a bolt-on bowl atop a normal NFL stadium.

Upper deckers were warned that their views would be bad and that no one would ever pay face or over for their seats.

Today's re-pricing confirms what you don't want to hear- PSL buyers were very smart, PSL values are just fine, and if you want to be able to see the ball or a jersey number the upper deck is most certainly unacceptable. Remember that Giants Stadium held 76,000 and everyone had a decent view. MetLife Stadium holds 82,500 people but only 55,500 seats have a decent view. Supply and demand. 20,000 fewer seats with good views in MetLife than in Giants.

PSL's are indeed investment gold.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I'm buying up all the parking passes so that these $50 freeloaders have to take mass transit and piss, curse, vomit, fart, and play their 80's hairband music on the bus where they belong. I'll have a new BMW by opening day; not going to have them muck it up.

SAR I
    you're such a pompous prick its unreal...

i really do hope this is just your "online" shtick to occupy your apparently idle time...if you are like this as a "real person" I do truly feel sorry for you.

your act has gone from old to just sad at this point.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    You have to wonder if the Jets are seriously concerned about blackouts for this season. To offer this big of a discount, they probably cant eat the amount they have left.

Forget PSL vs PSL's we need to have fanny's in those seats .

They will never admit it, but methinks they are in trouble. If we have another poor season, we may have togo the Jax route, and tarp off certain sections
    Last edited by Mickey Shuler; 06-21-2012 at 11:34 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    No one ever said that the upper deck was anything but a joke, a bolt-on bowl atop a normal NFL stadium.

Upper deckers were warned that their views would be bad and that no one would ever pay face or over for their seats.

Today's re-pricing confirms what you don't want to hear- PSL buyers were very smart, PSL values are just fine, and if you want to be able to see the ball or a jersey number the upper deck is most certainly unacceptable. Remember that Giants Stadium held 76,000 and everyone had a decent view. MetLife Stadium holds 82,500 people but only 55,500 seats have a decent view. Supply and demand. 20,000 fewer seats with good views in MetLife than in Giants.

SAR I
    LOL

I, for one, never get tired of SAR's schtick.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post

i really do hope this is just your "online" shtick to occupy your apparently idle time...if you are like this as a "real person" I do truly feel sorry for you.

I am now a proud UD season ticketholder. I bought an extra pair in the $50 dollar section rows 20-26 on the aisle one seat over from the new $75 dollar sections.

Why well I have a buddy in the UD three sections to the right and I can go with him once in blue moon. Also can take kids.

While I was on the phone, Section 317 row 20 on aisle, section 310 row 20 on aisle, section 309 row 20 on the aisle, Section 334 row 20 on the aisle and section 343 row 23 on aisle sold.

All the seats on the aisle in 317,310, 342 and 335 at $75 closest to 50 yard line and 343, 309, 318, 334 at $50 on the aisle closest to the 50 yard line were moving like hotcakes and all the reps were busy.

However, Sections 307-345 and sections 320-332 Rows 14 to 26 will be a hard sell. The seats are way way back and considering on the aisle 318 by 317 is $50 bucks why would you want dead center end zone for same price. Stubhub will tell us real price.

BTW Jets are mailing tickets last week of July, Jets did promotion today to sell as many tickets as possible the next three weeks in order to get the order to the printers and deliver tickets to us.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did any of these idiot owners think about demand when they built these completely unnecessary new stadiums?

The Yankees reasoning on why no one was going was even worse.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    I am now a proud UD season ticketholder. I bought an extra pair in the $50 dollar section rows 20-26 on the aisle one seat over from the new $75 dollar sections.

Why well I have a buddy in the UD three sections to the right and I can go with him once in blue moon. Also can take kids.

While I was on the phone, Section 317 row 20 on aisle, section 310 row 20 on aisle, section 309 row 20 on the aisle, Section 334 row 20 on the aisle and section 343 row 23 on aisle sold.

All the seats on the aisle in 317,310, 342 and 335 at $75 closest to 50 yard line and 343, 309, 318, 334 at $50 on the aisle closest to the 50 yard line were moving like hotcakes and all the reps were busy.

However, Sections 307-345 and sections 320-332 Rows 14 to 26 will be a hard sell. The seats are way way back and considering on the aisle 318 by 317 is $50 bucks why would you want dead center end zone for same price. Stubhub will tell us real price.

BTW Jets are mailing tickets last week of July, Jets did promotion today to sell as many tickets as possible the next three weeks in order to get the order to the printers and deliver tickets to us.
    I had season tickets in the upper deck of the old stadium, and that sucked bad enough. I would never sit in the upper deck in the new stadium. I don't care if the tickets are free, it's just an awful place to watch a football game.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone in rows 10-13 in those reduced sections must be furious. Some guy in section 343 on the aisle by 342 in row 13 was paying $105 a ticket yesterday and today he is still paying $105 a ticket and section 343 row 20 on the aisle by 342 was sold for $50 a ticket. Is his seats worth $65 more for being 7 rows forward, no way.

However, anyone in the reduced sections who already paid is doing a jig today. However, they would mainly be in the $75 dollar seats as anyone in the $50 dollar seat would have relocated.

Sucks kinda that all the $50 seats go to new season ticketholders. Many a season ticketholder in UD EZ in rows 14-22 would have never moved down.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    BUT, I bet you don't get the free hat.
    Yeah, but you get to burp and fart all you want

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Shuler View Post
    You have to wonder if the Jets are seriously concerned about blackouts for this season. To offer this big of a discount, they probably cant eat the amount they have left.

Forget PSL vs PSL's we need to have fanny's in those seats .

They will never admit it, but methinks they are in trouble. If we have another poor season, we may have togo the Jax route, and tarp off certain sections
    With the exception of Jerryworld, every single new NFL stadium built has a “normal” capacity in the 70-75K range. For example, Ford Field (65K seats) replaced the 82K seat SilverDome. Reliant Stadium only seats 71K.

The formula for building a profitable NFL Stadium:
    1) Maximize Luxury Box Sales
    2) Get people to upgrade to “Club” level Seats
    3) Depending upon the size of your fan base, you want to provide 65-75,000 seats (normal capacity – expandability for special events is fine). The more seats you can cram into the sidelines and lower bowl, the more you can charge for each seat.
    4) Whatever you do, you DO NOT built lots of bad seats in the upper deck corners and endzones. In addition to being difficult to sell, those “extra” seats push down the value of better seats as they provide an opportunity for people to trade down.

Because the Jets were “sharing” the stadium with the Midgets (larger, richer fan base), they ended up having to try to sell 10,000 horrible seats in upper rows, upper deck corners, and the upper deck endzones. In addition to horrible views, those seats are exposed to the elements. The Jets compounded the problem by mispricing the entire upper deck and failing to provide enough pricing levels.

BTW – the new pricing doesn’t solve the Jets upper deck problems. The extra 10K seats are going to continue to cause pricing disruptions: People in “good” upper deck seats may want to trade down to cheaper seats.

For example, my old upper deck sidelines seats were in 341, Row 21(ish), on the aisle next to 342. Had I kept the seats, the people next to me would be paying $300 less per seat per season. If I still controlled those seats, I would be hopping mad and want a discount or the opportunity to trade down. If those seats were tarped or didn’t exist, I would not be mad.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just bought in my 2nd set of season tickets, just to gain rights to a 2nd parking pass.

This is great. I can now continue to do what I've done for the past 2 years... sell off my UD seats while I continue to sit in the premium lowers for face value (or less), as it will continue to be simple to find multiple PSL-owners who can't use their seats every week (or are just trying to recoup their waste).

All while now doubling my capacity to bring a bus-load of partiers into the parking lot for the pre-game festivities.

All the benefits, without any of the extra cost. Isn't capitalism grand?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm buying up all the parking passes so that these $50 freeloaders have to take mass transit and piss, curse, vomit, fart, and play their 80's hairband music on the bus where they belong. I'll have a new BMW by opening day; not going to have them muck it up.

SAR I
    Yur posts are priceless

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    Which BMW? Don't worry about buying up the parking... This is their mode of transportation...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post

You will be able to touch the moon up there...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice job by the Jets finally recognizing that the last six rows of most of the ionosphere deck aren't worth 100 bucks in this economy or probably any economy.

Nice job by the clazzy giantz continuing to overcharge their fans plus charge a thou PSL on top

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I love how SAR gets under everyone's skin.

Pretty funny.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah I'm 26 and fully planned on investing in season tickets down the road....but at this deal I can't help but pull the trigger...calling for details soon.
    ...i'm sorry but football is overvalued...its a ripoff...50-75 bucks...so two or three tix are like 100-250 plus 50 for parking plus 20 for gas plus 75+ for misc...thats 300+...8-10 times a year...3000+ grand...plz...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    ...we can explain and explain it to you but we still can't understand it for you...PSL's are the biggest ripoff since college text books...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I never sit in the upper deck but now I can talk some friends into coming to games w/ me besides my bro.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Moved up from row 9 to row 14, staying in the same section, saves me $400 for the season.

Especially since I already know I'll be selling tix to at least 3 games, and missing at least one preseason game, figured it's worth it. Now I'm in the best row of my price range.

Rows in the UD do make a big difference, my first year I was row 20, next year row 10, difference was considerable. But five rows higher for $400 less is worth it for me.

Surprised they didn't announce this before they let people switch seats, now they will get a lot of calls to switch again.