Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Middle School kids bully elderly bus monitor

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4497786]You are flirting with a perma ban; however, I personally don't want you to go. Can you step back and take a breath?[/QUOTE]

sh it can him already cuz you know someone down the line will...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=FF2®;4497453]I'd hit it.[/QUOTE]

Prolly sound something like this;

ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow....... ooooow.

And that would just be you.

-

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

There have been donations closing in on half a mil for this woman. That's obscene. While what she went through was very unpleasant and those kids got what was coming to them, I'm pretty sure she would tolerate that type of abuse, for that payoff, every day of the week, twice on Sunday.

She's gotta be making no more than $125k (plus full time benefits) in a gig like bus monitor in upstate, right? That's just about 4 years salary, right there. ;)

[QUOTE=FF2®;4497765]southpark is right now looking into her retirement package.

Prepare for outrage.[/QUOTE]

I chuckled.

[QUOTE=BushyTheBeaver;4497746]A lot of buses these days have cameras on them. I don't recall ever having a monitor aboard when I. was a kid.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, 30 years ago, we didnt have monitors either. Just surly bus drivers, who werent particularly well paid or qualified either if I had to guess.

Graduation on Thursday 6/21 for my middle school. The graduation was outside the building, where most of the senior teachers, deans and all administrators were attending. Some kids got word that administrators and deans were not present in school and all hell broke loose. Awful kids throwing food at the smaller quieter kids in the cafe, others roaming the hallways going into classrooms and punching kids and running, trashing bulletin boards that teachers decorate in hallways with student work. But dont look for this on the news, it'll never make it.

Hope this is the start of taking back the schools from vicious students who cause grief and rewarding those students who cooperate. I talk to the bus monitors in my school and they get threats on a daily basis. Love that someone recorded this.

[QUOTE=copernicus;4498183]Graduation on Thursday 6/21 for my middle school. The graduation was outside the building, where most of the senior teachers, deans and all administrators were attending. Some kids got word that administrators and deans were not present in school and all hell broke loose. Awful kids throwing food at the smaller quieter kids in the cafe, others roaming the hallways going into classrooms and punching kids and running, trashing bulletin boards that teachers decorate in hallways with student work. But dont look for this on the news, it'll never make it.

Hope this is the start of taking back the schools from vicious students who cause grief and rewarding those students who cooperate. I talk to the bus monitors in my school and they get threats on a daily basis. Love that someone recorded this.[/QUOTE]

Just curious, did you or any of your fellow teachers do anything while this was going on, or just let them run amok? Sounds like poor supervision if these kids can go all Attica on the school.

[QUOTE=Brooklyn Jet;4498192]Just curious, did you or any of your fellow teachers do anything while this was going on, or just let them run amok? Sounds like poor supervision if these kids can go all Attica on the school.[/QUOTE]

Teachers are in their classrooms teaching. It becomes an even bigger safety issue for all involved if they leave their rooms.. How can they stop 20-30 awful kids who have no respect for anyone or anything running around the school causing havoc? Should they have left the 35 other kids in the classroom to go into the hallways? Someone gets hurt in the classroom while the teacher left to go into the hallway and it the teachers fault there too. Sad truth is that there is nothing that can be done other than to "ask" them to stop. Put your hands on a kid for any reason, teacher is wrong. The awful students taunt the teachers and say "go ahead and touch me, I dare you, I will have your job stupid." It is so difficult to be a good kid today after observing that so little is done to the bad. Schools are now filled with cameras. Teacher touches the student for any reason, they are carting the teacher off to jail while the kid laughs. The deans and principals can use the cameras to build a case against unruly students, but in the moment, not much can be done. Its truly a sick system
    Last edited by copernicus; 06-22-2012 at 10:17 AM.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=copernicus;4498217]Teachers are in their classrooms teaching. It becomes an even bigger safety issue for all involved if they leave their rooms..[B] How can they stop 20-30 awful kids who have no respect for anyone or anything running around the school causing havoc?[/B] Should they have left the 35 other kids in the classroom to go into the hallways? Someone gets hurt in the classroom while the teacher left to go into the hallway and it the teachers fault there too. Sad truth is that there is nothing that can be done other than to "ask" them to stop. Put your hands on a kid for any reason, teacher is wrong. The awful students taunt the teachers and say "go ahead and touch me, I dare you, I will have your job stupid." It is so difficult to be a good kid today after observing that so little is done to the bad. Schools are now filled with cameras. Teacher touches the student for any reason, they are carting the teacher off to jail while the kid laughs. The deans and principals can use the cameras to build a case against unruly students, but in the moment, not much can be done. Its truly a sick system[/QUOTE]

Shot guns? The kids must be marginally smarter than bears and dear, I bet hunters would pay a pretty penny.

[QUOTE=copernicus;4498217]Teachers are in their classrooms teaching. It becomes an even bigger safety issue for all involved if they leave their rooms.. How can they stop 20-30 awful kids who have no respect for anyone or anything running around the school causing havoc? Should they have left the 35 other kids in the classroom to go into the hallways? Someone gets hurt in the classroom while the teacher left to go into the hallway and it the teachers fault there too. Sad truth is that there is nothing that can be done other than to "ask" them to stop. Put your hands on a kid for any reason, teacher is wrong. The awful students taunt the teachers and say "go ahead and touch me, I dare you, I will have your job stupid." It is so difficult to be a good kid today after observing that so little is done to the bad. Schools are now filled with cameras. Teacher touches the student for any reason, they are carting the teacher off to jail while the kid laughs. The deans and principals can use the cameras to build a case against unruly students, but in the moment, not much can be done. Its truly a sick system[/QUOTE]

I will leave it at this - how did those 20-30 kids get out of classrooms? Were they at lunch? Are no teachers or monitors in the lunchroom? At the risk of cross-pollinating from the politics forum, it sounds like a lot of excuses and reasons for "can't" and not a lot of solutions offered. And Im married to a teacher, with a pretty different outlook.

[QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4498264]Shot guns? The kids must be marginally smarter than bears and dear, I bet hunters would pay a pretty penny.[/QUOTE]

I think tranquilizer guns might be the answer.... all the fun of shooting them but less lawsuits.

[QUOTE=Brooklyn Jet;4498334]I will leave it at this - how did those 20-30 kids get out of classrooms? Were they at lunch? Are no teachers or monitors in the lunchroom? At the risk of cross-pollinating from the politics forum, it sounds like a lot of excuses and reasons for "can't" and not a lot of solutions offered. And Im married to a teacher, with a pretty different outlook.[/QUOTE]

Students change classes and never go to their next class. They linger in the hallway and when you approach them the either run, curse you out, or pay absolutely no attention to you as if you are not there.

Touching a student is considered "corporal punishment" under George Bush's No Child Left Behind.

35 students in an over crowded classroom. 2 get up in a rage and when you tell them to sit down they tell you to GFY. Touch them and you're on the news and no one in the system will back you bc they werent there. The only one that gets blame is the teacher. What are you going to do?

400 students in a cafeteria. TWO deans and FOUR lunch aids. Twenty kids get up and start causing havoc, throwing food, water, etc. They all run at you and charge to the door. Knowing that you cant touch them bc its your job on the line, what are you going to do?

In the case at my school on Thursday it was all of the above. I was not in the lunchroom or had any student run out of my classroom.
    Last edited by copernicus; 06-22-2012 at 12:20 PM.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Brooklyn Jet;4498336]I think tranquilizer guns might be the answer.... all the fun of shooting them but less lawsuits.[/QUOTE]

I like where your heads' at.

Jets Insider VIP
    Hobo with a shotgun.

Just thinking out loud.

[QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4498264]Shot guns? The kids must be marginally smarter than bears and dear, I bet hunters would pay a pretty penny.[/QUOTE]

Naaa, then the custodians would be upset because of the mess. I dont think its in their contract anyway...........

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Just saw the video of that poor bus monitor getting bullied. So disturbing...especially being the kids who bullied were the same age as my son.

So many parents today don't teach their kids to respect their elders. I see it every day in many of my kid's peers which is very sad and pisses me off.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER;4499014]Just saw the video of that poor bus monitor getting bullied. So disturbing...especially being the kids who bullied were the same age as my son.

So many parents today don't teach their kids to respect their elders.[B] I see it every day in many of my kid's peers which is very sad and pisses me off.[/B][/QUOTE]

Your kids are learning from their peers. They're learning from you too. That's the good news. And what they learn from you is likely prolly what will ultimately prevail. But short term your kids are more likely to take their queue from their bully peers than from you. It's called survival. At that young age they don't have the confidence/social skills to protect themselves without a certain amount of keeping silent/going along. Be a good parent. Provide a stable and loving home. Teach basic values. Teach right and wrong and how to defend themselves. Do that and you've done as much as you can do. The rest is heredity and blind luck.
    Last edited by BushyTheBeaver; 06-23-2012 at 12:18 AM.

[QUOTE=copernicus;4498217]Teachers are in their classrooms teaching. It becomes an even bigger safety issue for all involved if they leave their rooms.. How can they stop 20-30 awful kids who have no respect for anyone or anything running around the school causing havoc? Should they have left the 35 other kids in the classroom to go into the hallways? Someone gets hurt in the classroom while the teacher left to go into the hallway and it the teachers fault there too. Sad truth is that there is nothing that can be done other than to "ask" them to stop. Put your hands on a kid for any reason, teacher is wrong. The awful students taunt the teachers and say "go ahead and touch me, I dare you, I will have your job stupid." It is so difficult to be a good kid today after observing that so little is done to the bad. Schools are now filled with cameras. Teacher touches the student for any reason, they are carting the teacher off to jail while the kid laughs. The deans and principals can use the cameras to build a case against unruly students, but in the moment, not much can be done. Its truly a sick system[/QUOTE]

What are the rules on expulsion? Do any kids ever get expelled?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=FF2®;4497765]southpark is right now looking into her retirement package.

Prepare for outrage.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=crasherino;4498153]There have been donations closing in on half a mil for this woman.[/QUOTE]

Some people sent her money but I did better.

I sent her name and address to the Jets.

Hopefully it's not to late for her to invest some of that cash in PSL's.

Investment gold. :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=crossfire;4499053]Some people sent her money but I did better.

I sent her name and address to the Jets.

Hopefully it's not to late for her to invest some of that cash in PSL's.

Investment gold. :yes:[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="4"][B]Bus Monitor Loses Entire Fortune with Jets PSL's. Team Employees Call Her Fat and Stupid.[/B][/SIZE]