Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Middle School kids bully elderly bus monitor

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    the kids are just learning what their teachers taught them. The teacher's union bullies the taxpayer, the kids learn and mimic.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=freestater;4499080]the kids are just learning what their teachers taught them. The teacher's union bullies the taxpayer, the kids learn and mimic.[/QUOTE]

You're right.

My daughter just finished Kindergarten. On their last day, they learned from the teacher how to ridicule bus monitors. It's required now.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4499081]You're right.

My daughter just finished Kindergarten. On their last day, they learned from the teacher how to ridicule bus monitors. It's required now.[/QUOTE]
    Hmm. I' would have figured they would start them off with a knee-capping-the-elderly seminar before they strted ridicule-training. But hey... that's why they're the professionals. :dunno:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Apparently this was the real reason the kids got mad at the bus monitor. :yes:

[IMG]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e329/crossfire1/Hampur/busmonitorapples.jpg[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crossfire;4499103]Apparently this was the real reason the kids got mad at the bus monitor. :yes:

[IMG]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e329/crossfire1/Hampur/busmonitorapples.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://austinmoraga.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/tumblr_ldp3jukzho1qb9a2wo1_500.png[/IMG]

Cross is the /b/ of JI....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=copernicus;4498388]Students change classes and never go to their next class. They linger in the hallway and when you approach them the either run, curse you out, or pay absolutely no attention to you as if you are not there.

Touching a student is considered "corporal punishment" under George Bush's No Child Left Behind.

35 students in an over crowded classroom. 2 get up in a rage and when you tell them to sit down they tell you to GFY. Touch them and you're on the news and no one in the system will back you bc they werent there. The only one that gets blame is the teacher. What are you going to do?

400 students in a cafeteria. TWO deans and FOUR lunch aids. Twenty kids get up and start causing havoc, throwing food, water, etc. They all run at you and charge to the door. Knowing that you cant touch them bc its your job on the line, what are you going to do?

In the case at my school on Thursday it was all of the above. I was not in the lunchroom or had any student run out of my classroom.[/QUOTE]

35 per class? Wow. In 7th and 8th grade I had 50. Lunch? We had six 23 minute lunch periods. 2100 students. That's 350 every 23 minutes. Never saw problems. Of course perhaps we had better teachers. Maybe better parents also.

You sound like you have abrogated your responsibility. "Boo Hoo - it's someone else's fault again. I'm being paid only to impart my brilliance - nothing more. I'm going to the union."

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;4499128]35 per class? Wow. In 7th and 8th grade I had 50. Lunch? We had six 23 minute lunch periods. 2100 students. That's 350 every 23 minutes. Never saw problems. Of course perhaps we had better teachers. Maybe better parents also.

You sound like you have abrogated your responsibility. "Boo Hoo - it's someone else's fault again. I'm being paid only to impart my brilliance - nothing more. I'm going to the union."[/QUOTE]

Maybe you were one of the dooshy kids then.
    How can you possibly say the teachers were better?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crossfire;4499103]Apparently this was the real reason the kids got mad at the bus monitor. :yes:

[IMG]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e329/crossfire1/Hampur/busmonitorapples.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.jackgartside.com/images/fyeah.jpg[/IMG]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Fishooked;4499350]Maybe you were one of the dooshy kids then.
    How can you possibly say the teachers were better?[/QUOTE]

How smart are you? Dooshy? THe word is spelled douche. Hence, douchey. Obviously YOU had a fine education. LOL.
    As far as me? Played D1 football, 3 year starter. Army officer and combat commander. MBA. Corporate exec for a couple of Dow 30s.

Teachers were better. Why? They taught and we learned. They had control. They were focused on the subject matter rather than fancy liberal talking points or causes.
    My children's teachers, in general, were not as good as mine. How do I know? I spoke with them. They explained HOW they taught. I found FLAW in their methods, attitude and commitment. My chilldren were academically superior because my wife and I were very involved.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;4499454]How smart are you? Dooshy? THe word is spelled douche. Hence, douchey. Obviously YOU had a fine education. LOL.
    [B]As far as me?[/B] Played D1 football, 3 year starter. Army officer and combat commander. MBA. Corporate exec for a couple of Dow 30s.

[/QUOTE]

Too busy tooting your own horn to realize that "dooshy" is internet slang? Stay out of the Hampur and stick to the Poli-Sci forum, Mr. Success-Story.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetworks;4499534]Too busy tooting your own horn to realize that "dooshy" is internet slang? Stay out of the Hampur and stick to the Poli-Sci forum, Mr. Success-Story.[/QUOTE]

Just for the record, I checked my Mensa member directory, and there is no "Palmetto Defender" listed anywhere.

So, he can't be that smart.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetworks;4499534]Too busy tooting your own horn to realize that "dooshy" is internet slang? Stay out of the Hampur and stick to the Poli-Sci forum, Mr. Success-Story.[/QUOTE]

So is STOOPID. But I guess the modern DUMMY doesn't understand that. Go to Malverne HS? Or perhaps Newark East Side? That should explain.
    As far as a horn, I have a pretty good idea what YOU toot.

You are like the anti Romney. A little jealous of the success you have not yet achieved. (Nor ever will). But that's OK. The world needs ditch diggers too.
    Ever do a single thing?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;4499833]So is STOOPID. But I guess the modern DUMMY doesn't understand that. Go to Malverne HS? Or perhaps Newark East Side? That should explain.

You are like the anti Romney. A little jealous of the success you have not yet achieved. (Nor ever will). But that's OK. The world needs ditch diggers too.
    Ever do a single thing?[/QUOTE]

Oh noes....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    :dooshchills:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;4499833]So is STOOPID. But I guess the modern DUMMY doesn't understand that. Go to Malverne HS? Or perhaps Newark East Side? That should explain.

Ever do a single thing?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this post pretty much solidifies my opinion of you.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;4499128]35 per class? Wow. In 7th and 8th grade I had 50. Lunch? We had six 23 minute lunch periods. 2100 students. That's 350 every 23 minutes. Never saw problems. Of course perhaps we had better teachers. Maybe better parents also.

You sound like you have abrogated your responsibility. "Boo Hoo - it's someone else's fault again. I'm being paid only to impart my brilliance - nothing more. I'm going to the union."[/QUOTE]

50 students in your classroom? 23 minutes for lunch? Sounds like an awful learning atmosphere. Not surprised you joined the military. Get out all that aggression you should have done in school if you had some personal space. I can see why you are so angry. The students today are so fortunate that the teachers union fights to keep class size as low as possible to protect students from having to learn in classrooms of 50 and turning so angry.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=copernicus;4500027]The students today are so fortunate that the teachers union fights to keep class size as low as possible to protect students from having to learn in classrooms of 50 and turning so angry.[/QUOTE]

If 50 in a Class in High School is bad (for free), can you explain how so many American kids get great educations in classes of 100+ in our Universities and Colleges, whilse paying vast sums of money for the benefit?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4500039]If 50 in a Class in High School is bad (for free), can you explain how so many American kids get great educations in classes of 100+ in our Universities and Colleges, whilse paying vast sums of money for the benefit?[/QUOTE]

Almost well played and insightful. However, you are comparing the learning ability of an adult with that of a child. Thus, inaccurate analogy. Also, 7th graders are not high school students.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4500039]If 50 in a Class in High School is bad (for free), can you explain how so many American kids get great educations in classes of 100+ in our Universities and Colleges, whilse paying vast sums of money for the benefit?[/QUOTE]

Im not surprised at your answer. You are like many Americans from outside the classroom who want to swoop in and tell everyone how schools should be run simply because you went to one. Students in college are more focused on their career goals, there are little to no behavior issues. They can sit in room of more than 100 students also because the room is designed for it. Go visit a Middle School classroom, they are small and are jammed with kids with no where to move. High School and Middle School students are far more immature. There are behavior issues that college professors do not have to deal with. Leave the school policies up to the educators who have actually gone to school and have boat loads of experience dealing with various age groups.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;4499454]Played D1 football, 3 year starter. Army officer and combat commander. MBA. Corporate exec for a couple of Dow 30s..[/QUOTE]

I have many fine leatherbound books.

Just sayin'.