Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Middle School kids bully elderly bus monitor

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Owen Reed;4497329]In all fairness, people have already raised $100K for her to use however she wants.[/QUOTE]

Good, because she's entirely unsuited for the job she has. How are these kids treating other kids on that bus? Id hate to depend on her for help.

:dunno:

-

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Middle schoolers are ****ing *******s. The worst age range to be in is from 5th to 8th grade. It's awkward, you're trying to find your place, you want independence and yet you're still woefully dependent, puberty wreaks hell on your attitude. This is the time when parents have to rule with an iron fist, as yet more often than not they try to be "cool" so their kids don't hate them. Well too bad, they're going to hate you anyway. So do your job.

I'd hit it.

[QUOTE=32green;4497428]Good, because she's entirely unsuited for the job she has. How are these kids treating other kids on that bus? Id hate to depend on her for help.

:dunno:

-[/QUOTE]

I'm glad you said it first.

I was going to say that she'd not the ideal hire for a "Bus Monitor", but I was afraid I'd be banned for being insensitive.

[QUOTE=FF2;4497453]I'd hit it.[/QUOTE]

You are looking to go on the tropical vacation she has coming. The two of you will be sipping margaritas in a tiki bar on an island.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=Owen Reed;4497487]I'm glad you said it first.

I was going to say that she'd not the ideal hire for a "Bus Monitor", but I was afraid I'd be banned for being insensitive.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure that the applicant pool is overflowing with people who are suitable for the job.

I was going to say that she'd not the ideal hire for a "Bus Monitor", but I was afraid I'd be banned for being insensitive.[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQl5aYhkF3E[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4497180]What's new, except these episodes are getting video'd and plastered on the internet. I have seen many a hall or playground monitor get abused even back in the 70's; substitute teachers getting run off...[/QUOTE]

+1

This is exactly it. Same sh*t happened before...even when viewed through the rosy lenses of nostalgia. I've had sh*t like that said to me on the bus because of my parents idiotic religion...hell, even the monitor and driver would join in on it, lolz.

The silver lining is that because of the vidoes plastered on the internet and the backlash...chances are that if this were to happen on another bus, the other students will remember this and say something. I just hope that Granny there sees some of the responses to the YouTube vid and realizes that not all kids are like these a**hats....:yes:

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4497438]Middle schoolers are ****ing *******s. The worst age range to be in is from 5th to 8th grade. It's awkward, you're trying to find your place, you want independence and yet you're still woefully dependent, puberty wreaks hell on your attitude. This is the time when parents have to rule with an iron fist, as yet more often than not they try to be "cool" so their kids don't hate them. Well too bad, they're going to hate you anyway. So do your job.[/QUOTE]

Haha...your turn. :D

For the money Im sure they pay, i dont think you're going to find an ideal hire.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=FF2;4497453]I'd hit it.[/QUOTE]

Why? Are you outraged?

All League
    [QUOTE=Brooklyn Jet;4497710]For the money Im sure they pay, i dont think you're going to find an ideal hire.[/QUOTE]

A lot of buses these days have cameras on them. I don't recall ever having a monitor aboard when I. was a kid.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Beating them would be a good place to start.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=BushyTheBeaver;4497746]A lot of buses these days have cameras on them. I don't recall ever having a monitor aboard [B]when I. was a kid.[/B][/QUOTE]

trippy.

[QUOTE=Brooklyn Jet;4497710]For the money Im sure they pay, i dont think you're going to find an ideal hire.[/QUOTE]

southpark is right now looking into her retirement package.

Prepare for outrage.

[QUOTE=FF2;4497765]southpark is right now looking into her retirement package.

Prepare for outrage.[/QUOTE]

I see the attempt at humor. I get what you were going for.

Came across as a bit forced, not really that funny.

[QUOTE=Owen Reed;4497770]I see the attempt at humor. I get what you were going for.

Came across as a bit forced, not really that funny.[/QUOTE]

Please put me on ignore so I don't have to live knowing I'm the cause of such disappointment for you.

[QUOTE=FF2;4497776]Please put me on ignore so I don't have to live knowing I'm the cause of such disappointment for you.[/QUOTE]

No.

Knowing that your wife already has you on "ignore", I'd feel like I was just piling on,

And I like you too much to do that.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=Owen Reed;4497780]No.

Knowing that your wife already has you on "ignore", I'd feel like I was just piling on,

And I like you too much to do that.[/QUOTE]

You are flirting with a perma ban; however, I personally don't want you to go. Can you step back and take a breath?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Owen Reed;4497204]I used to go to a Catholic school, but we had to ride the public school bus to and from school. Try getting on a public school bus in slacks and a tie (or, a skirt for the girls) every day.

I was never really targeted, but there was one girl from the Catholic school, a neighbor of mine, who used to take the brunt of the abuse. One day, in addition to the usualy verbal abuse, threats, etc. one fat ugly public school girl who was a known bully got in the seat behind her and started spraying red spray paint in her hair.

I flipped out, grabbed the can and started spraying the perp in the face. Luckily for her, she wore glasses. The ensuing melee is a now thing of legend in St. Mary School lore. Admittedly, I did take a bit of a pummelling from the public school kids. And, I did get suspended from the bus. But, I did get a few good shots in - and my old man told me I did the right thing.

And, there was little if any bullying on the bus after that.[/QUOTE]

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyersVRlEGU[/URL]