Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Middle School kids bully elderly bus monitor

[QUOTE=southside;4500046]Almost well played and insightful. However, you are comparing the learning ability of an adult with that of a child. Thus, inaccurate analogy. Also, 7th graders are not high school students.[/QUOTE]

So a High School Senior, age 18, is a child utterly incappable of learning in any form in a theoretical 50 person classroom.

But a College Freshman, age 18, living away from home for the first time, is a fully formed adult 100% capable of learning in a firstyear level College Class of 200 students?

It's a straw man argument. First, 50 is not a National Average, that number is more like 30. Second, use of the classroom size as a sole argument for bad education takes all accountabillity and responsabillity away fromt he students, who clearly CAN learn even in a 50 man classroom as plenty do, and fromt he teachers, who clearly can teach effectively in a 50 student classroom, as plenty do.

Given the massive amount fo public funding already being injected in public education, if there is a fault it is with the administration of that funding. It is not with the taxpayer for , rightfully, questioning the results of all the investment they are already making into this system.

[QUOTE=copernicus;4500048]Im not surprised at your answer. You are like many Americans from outside the classroom[/quote]

How do you know what I do for a living?

As a teacher, whose personal financial future is based upon the system, you are unquestionably baised, and unable to be fairminded on the system as a whole. Like so many, you feel you (and your fellows) are blameless, you blame management, blame administration, want less public oversight, less accountabillity and demand more reward for your surely invaluble quality of work for society.

Sounds like evey other low-level employee I've ever met tbqh, public and private both.

It's of interest that the people here who argue the strongest for less public oversight, less accountabilluty at the teacher level, and more fiscal benefit for the job of teacher, are all teachers or married to teachers (you, IJF, FF and a few others).

Human nature is human nature. I think I should get alot more money for what I do, with less oversight, and less complaining about my results too. And I blame managemnt for everything too. ;)

[B][U]End of the day, we the taxpayer fund the system in which you work. As such, we get a say in the system in which you work. If you do not like that relationship, I suggest working in the private sector, where your situation is private, and between you and your employer only.[/U][/B]

When you are a public servant, and teachers are, you should try and remember who the public is, and the power they wield.

[QUOTE=Warfish;4500092]So a High School Senior, age 18, is a child utterly incappable of learning in any form in a theoretical 50 person classroom.

But a College Freshman, age 18, living away from home for the first time, is a fully formed adult 100% capable of learning in a firstyear level College Class of 200 students?

It's a straw man argument. First, 50 is not a National Average, that number is more like 30. Second, use of the classroom size as a sole argument for bad education takes all accountabillity and responsabillity away fromt he students, who clearly CAN learn even in a 50 man classroom as plenty do, and fromt he teachers, who clearly can teach effectively in a 50 student classroom, as plenty do.

Given the massive amount fo public funding already being injected in public education, if there is a fault it is with the administration of that funding. It is not with the taxpayer for , rightfully, questioning the results of all the investment they are already making into this system.[/QUOTE]

I thought we were talking about 7th graders who still need helping grasping the fundamentals of algebra and things of this nature...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=crossfire;4499103]Apparently this was the real reason the kids got mad at the bus monitor. :yes:

[IMG]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e329/crossfire1/Hampur/busmonitorapples.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

:D

LMao

[QUOTE=palmetto defender;4499833]So is STOOPID. But I guess the modern DUMMY doesn't understand that. Go to Malverne HS? Or perhaps Newark East Side? That should explain.
    As far as a horn, I have a pretty good idea what YOU toot.

You are like the anti Romney. A little jealous of the success you have not yet achieved. (Nor ever will). But that's OK. The world needs ditch diggers too.
    Ever do a single thing?[/QUOTE]

Hard to believe that a man as erudite and accomplished as yourself would stoop to this level of posting.

Perhaps you should re-evaluate using this particular style or I shall be forced to use my chimp-brain to wish you into the cornfield.

:)

-

All Pro
    [QUOTE=FF2;4500053]I have many fine leatherbound books.

Just sayin'.[/QUOTE]

You mean Ron Burgundy is just sayin'. :D

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;4499833]So is STOOPID. But I guess the modern DUMMY doesn't understand that. Go to Malverne HS? Or perhaps Newark East Side? That should explain.
    As far as a horn, I have a pretty good idea what YOU toot.

You are like the anti Romney. A little jealous of the success you have not yet achieved. (Nor ever will). But that's OK. The world needs ditch diggers too.
    Ever do a single thing?[/QUOTE]

Ok, I get it; you feel the internet, and by extension, posting in the Hampur on JI is super-serious business. Good luck with that world-view.

My success is measured by what I know of myself, not what I feel compelled to tell others. Whether one does the latter out of feelings of inadequacy or for the sheer need to be a braggard is up for debate, I suppose. Perhaps you'll be able to shed some light on that for us troglodytes.

As for what I have done, you only need to read through some of my more serious postings on here to gain some insight. The day you face the travails my family has is the day you'll wipe that air of superiority and braggadocio completely from your personality. I hope that day never comes and you continue on with your existence of being a world-class douche, because quite frankly, I think you'd go down to your knees quicker than a Hunt's Point hooker from the pressure otherwise. That, plus I would never wish my life on any soul, least of all someone without the empathy or emotional fortitude with which to handle it.

Have a good day.

EDIT- BTW, why name a HS in LI and NJ when it clearly says 'Staten Island' in my location? FTR, I attended Msgr. Farrell HS. Good enough for you, <insert egotistical name>?
    Last edited by Jetworks; 06-25-2012 at 02:46 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Ok - we're done here....If any of the discussion here warrants continuing, feel free to start a new thread in whatever forum is most appropriate.