Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Middle School kids bully elderly bus monitor

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Middle School kids bully elderly bus monitor

Suck.

[url]http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/21/us/new-york-bullied-bus-monitor/index.html?hpt=hp_c1[/url]

/facepalm

Maybe beating your children needs to come back into vogue. Sure worked with me.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://static2.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/I+want+to+kill+them+all+_52dd8d247308a26937d8027797512e3f.gif[/IMG]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is what happens after decades of "but what about the children". Did no one consider the effect of empowering kids with no responsibility.

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    What's new, except these episodes are getting video'd and plastered on the internet. I have seen many a hall or playground monitor get abused even back in the 70's; substitute teachers getting run off...

Middle School is hell if you can't hang with that "inner circle" of trend-setters. :D:(

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Saw that getting ready for work this morning. I'm no tough guy but if I'd been on that bus, or that was my mom of grandmother, I'd be in jail for a looooooong time.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4497180]What's new, except these episodes are getting video'd and plastered on the internet. I have seen many a hall or playground monitor get abused even back in the 70's; substitute teachers getting run off...

Middle School is hell if you can't hang with that "inner circle" of trend-setters. :D:([/QUOTE]
    New addition to your avatar? :D

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4497156]Suck.

[url]http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/21/us/new-york-bullied-bus-monitor/index.html?hpt=hp_c1[/url]

/facepalm

Maybe beating your children needs to come back into vogue. Sure worked with me.[/QUOTE]

I saw that article yesterday. Sad. I was hoping there would be one kid who would jump to her defense. I actually had my 13 year old son watch part of it and told him if he ever saw anything like that going on to speak up and try to make it stop.

What would you tell your kid to do if he was on that bus?

I always tell my son to stick up for people and that I'll have his back if he does, but it's hard to expect a kid to stand up to that kind of peer pressure.

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RaoulDuke;4497183]New addition to your avatar? :D[/QUOTE]:D

The 3 Wise Guys of the Apocalypse: Faith, Hope and Chance.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4497195]:D

The 3 Wise Guys of the Apocalypse: Faith, Hope and Chance.[/QUOTE]
    LMAO!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4497182]Saw that getting ready for work this morning. I'm no tough guy but if I'd been on that bus, or that was my mom of grandmother, I'd be in jail for a looooooong time.[/QUOTE]

I used to go to a Catholic school, but we had to ride the public school bus to and from school. Try getting on a public school bus in slacks and a tie (or, a skirt for the girls) every day.

I was never really targeted, but there was one girl from the Catholic school, a neighbor of mine, who used to take the brunt of the abuse. One day, in addition to the usualy verbal abuse, threats, etc. one fat ugly public school girl who was a known bully got in the seat behind her and started spraying red spray paint in her hair.

I flipped out, grabbed the can and started spraying the perp in the face. Luckily for her, she wore glasses. The ensuing melee is a now thing of legend in St. Mary School lore. Admittedly, I did take a bit of a pummelling from the public school kids. And, I did get suspended from the bus. But, I did get a few good shots in - and my old man told me I did the right thing.

And, there was little if any bullying on the bus after that.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4497180]What's new, except these episodes are getting video'd and plastered on the internet. I have seen many a hall or playground monitor get abused even back in the 70's; substitute teachers getting run off...

Middle School is hell if you can't hang with that "inner circle" of trend-setters. :D:([/QUOTE]

+1...Kids can be mean as hell when they're in a group. As the woman said, individually those kids are perfectly normal, but when mob mentality takes over, its a free for all - one tries to outdo the next.....nothing is sacred.

I think what Vick did as good an education as you can do. As they grow up, I hope my boys will be able to decide what is right and wrong and detach themselves from the group when they should, but that's really, really hard. And not just for kids - adults too.

I'm sure everyone thinks back on certain instances from their past and cringes when they consider how they acted.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4497195]:D

The 3 Wise Guys of the Apocalypse: Faith, Hope and Chance.[/QUOTE]

:rotfl:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crasherino;4497211]
    I think what Vick did as good an education as you can do. [/QUOTE]

Never thought you'd say that huh? :D

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    the parents of those little ****s deserve to be smacked around just as much as their miserable offspring

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4497232]the parents of those little ****s deserve to be smacked around just as much as their miserable offspring[/QUOTE]

+1

Someone's getting a beating. If nothing else those kids should be suspended indefinitely from riding the bus or any other school activities. Make their stupid parents drive their stupid asses to school and hear about why they are so sad they aren't allowed to attend any school events anymore.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Owen Reed;4497204]I used to go to a Catholic school, but we had to ride the public school bus to and from school. Try getting on a public school bus in slacks and a tie (or, a skirt for the girls) every day.

I was never really targeted, but there was one girl from the Catholic school, a neighbor of mine, who used to take the brunt of the abuse. One day, in addition to the usualy verbal abuse, threats, etc. one fat ugly public school girl who was a known bully got in the seat behind her and started spraying red spray paint in her hair.

I flipped out, grabbed the can and started spraying the perp in the face. Luckily for her, she wore glasses. The ensuing melee is a now thing of legend in St. Mary School lore. Admittedly, I did take a bit of a pummelling from the public school kids. And, I did get suspended from the bus. But, I did get a few good shots in - and my old man told me I did the right thing.

And, there was little if any bullying on the bus after that.[/QUOTE]

Did you follow it up by making fun of a dead relative?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Carlton;4497247]Did you follow it up by making fun of a dead relative?[/QUOTE]

lolz...

it was all a misunderstantment.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Carlton;4497247]Did you follow it up by making fun of a dead relative?[/QUOTE]

Oh snap!

[IMG]http://www.dreamstime.com/horrified-man-thumb16369224.jpg[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4497232]the parents of those little ****s deserve to be smacked around just as much as their miserable offspring[/QUOTE]

To be fair, the father of one of the kids went on the news, apologized, said he was surprised because he didn't raise his son that way, etc. Still, part of me wonders if the father would have done the same thing had their address not been published on Facebook and started receiving death threats. But hey, that's just the cynic in me.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jets Things;4497255]To be fair, the father of one of the kids went on the news, apologized, said he was surprised because he didn't raise his son that way, etc. Still, part of me wonders if the father would have done the same thing had [B]their address not been published on Facebook and started receiving death threats[/B]. But hey, that's just the cynic in me.[/QUOTE]

That's f'd up.