Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Plaxico dodging Sanchez questions on ESPN

Jets Insider VIP
    I did not see anything last year that leads me to think Mark Sanchez can take the Jets to the Super Bowl. Plax was actually on the team so he saw it closer then i did.

[QUOTE=Austin;4497318]I seem to remember Cotch wanting out right after they signed Plax -- he was pissed he wouldn't get a shot at the #2 job. I don't think they signed Mason until after they released Cotch.[/QUOTE]

Cotchery said he asked the Jets to trade or release him after the 2010 season because he was tired of "constantly taking a back seat" on the team. He said he sensed the deterioration in the club's morale.

"To be honest, yes, I saw a change," Cotchery said. "But to say that I could see how things would turn out for them this season, I canít act as if I knew that. But I just saw a change, and I felt like I wasnít a part of the future there in that type of atmosphere."

[URL]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d826fab85/article/cotchery-over-the-jets-hopes-to-finish-career-with-steelers[/URL]

Here's a player who if he's lucky, will be paid the league minmum salery. Why would anyone bother to listen to the Woe is Plax rutine?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4497327]I think there were some rumors that they were going to sign him which may have pissed Cotch off. I also think he was visiting facility before he signed. I could be wrong.

The Plax signing did not help either. Jets FO basically gave Cotchery the shaft.

He will always be one of my faves.[/QUOTE]

He asked to be traded after the 2010 season because he felt his starting days were over... [url]http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/6833667/new-york-jets-release-jerricho-cotchery[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4497352]He asked to be traded after the 2010 season because he felt his starting days were over... [url]http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/6833667/new-york-jets-release-jerricho-cotchery[/url][/QUOTE]

Fair enough.

But I just don't know why it took them until camp to trade him. Maybe it was b.c of the injury, that would be an obvious excuse. But I have doubts. I think the Plax/Mason stuff were the straws that broke the camel's back.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4497271][IMG]http://www.tampaforums.com/forums/attachments/free-4-all/8271d1219602295-study-massive-turd-could-hit-my-toilet-bowl-dscn0639.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]
    Dude. Really?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4497367]Dude. Really?[/QUOTE]

That pic best symbolizes his life.

Jets Insider VIP
    Does anyone have the quotes in its entirety? There has to be an article on it by now.

[QUOTE=jetstream23;4497243]Right now on ESPN, Plaxico was asked if Sanchez can lead the Jets to a Super Bowl. His answer, "well, they paid him so they think he can." When pressed again about, "what do YOU think?" he said, "I think the defense can."

Didn't rip Sanchez, he just avoided two opportunities to endorse Mark. Interesting.[/QUOTE]

who cares what he thinks? sanchez and plax were #1 in RZ efficiency...

Jets Insider VIP
    If you think about it, the Jets have had some sort of turmoil at the WR position for a very long time. It started with Meshawn and continues to this day.

Jets Insider VIP
    Nice thread listing a whole bunch of former Jets that in every case the Jets are better off without

Plax
    LT
    Mason
    Cotch

and incidently NOBODY ELSE WANTS any of them either

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE]Plax
    LT
    Mason
    Cotch

and incidently NOBODY ELSE WANTS any of them either [/QUOTE]

Cotch signed a deal with the steelers this offseason. So they wanted him.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4497271][IMG]http://www.tampaforums.com/forums/attachments/free-4-all/8271d1219602295-study-massive-turd-could-hit-my-toilet-bowl-dscn0639.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

You need to change your diet and that is friggin low, even for you!

[QUOTE=Jordy;4497367]Dude. Really?[/QUOTE]

I rarely see eye to eye with Jordy on just about anything, but Geebus Tx, that's just disgusting, and pure dooshbaggery.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=GuidoYaztremski;4497451][B]I rarely see eye to eye with Jordy on just about anything[/B], but Geebus Tx, that's just disgusting, and pure dooshbaggery.[/QUOTE]
    C'mon. We both like chicks with shapely tails and beautiful bressesesses.

Like Welker's bride to be.

[QUOTE=Jordy;4497474]C'mon. We both like chicks with shapely tails and beautiful bressesesses.

Like Welker's bride to be.[/QUOTE]

Ummm....ok, two things.

Or does that make three?...ooops, tails....ummmm...four?

[QUOTE=sg3;4497380]Nice thread listing a whole bunch of former Jets that in every case the Jets are better off without

Plax
    LT
    Mason
    Cotch

and incidently NOBODY ELSE WANTS any of them either

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]
    boo hoo don't bash my marky mark :wail:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=GuidoYaztremski;4497485]Ummm....ok, two things.

Or does that make three?...ooops, tails....ummmm...four?[/QUOTE]

Let's not get caught up in numbers.

The best thing to come out of this is that I've at least acknowledged that you're heterosexual. ;)

At least Plax can dodge something..He sure couldn't dodge DBs after 5 yards...

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4497313]I will agree to disagree.

IMO he signed with the 49ers only after he came to the realization that nobody wanted him. I don't think his pride would have allowed him to sign with the Jets for that much. I do not think he would have limped back to us like that.[/QUOTE]

That's how I remember it. Jets sign Tone to $50M, Edwards wants some big $$$ and Jets say no, then Jets sign Plax for $3M. Edwards scrambles and signs for $1M with 49ers. If, before the Jets signed Plax, Edwards agreed to come back for a similar $3m deal I think he would have been a Jet.