Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Plaxico dodging Sanchez questions on ESPN

Jets Insider VIP

Plaxico dodging Sanchez questions on ESPN

Right now on ESPN, Plaxico was asked if Sanchez can lead the Jets to a Super Bowl. His answer, "well, they paid him so they think he can." When pressed again about, "what do YOU think?" he said, "I think the defense can."

Didn't rip Sanchez, he just avoided two opportunities to endorse Mark. Interesting.

Hall Of Fame
    Much ado about nothing but, Queue the Plaxico haters anyways.

But mind you, what would our offense look like without Plaxico last year? Especially the RZ.

Is that the same Plaxico Burress that the Carolina Panthers just said "No Thanks" to?

Banned
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4497248]

But mind you, what would our offense look like without Plaxico last year? Especially the RZ.

[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.tampaforums.com/forums/attachments/free-4-all/8271d1219602295-study-massive-turd-could-hit-my-toilet-bowl-dscn0639.jpg[/IMG]

All League
    LT did the same thing at his retirement press conference, thanking (by name) and praising the great QB's he's played with, sans Sanchez....

All Pro
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4497248]Much ado about nothing but, Queue the Plaxico haters anyways.[/quote]

It pretty much confirms what we already know.

[quote]But mind you, what would our offense look like without Plaxico last year? Especially the RZ.[/QUOTE]

Impossible to say, because we don't know who the #2 receiver would have been without Plaxico. Obviously we wouldn't have gone into the season with Kerley as the #2. If we hadn't signed Plax we probably wouldn't have dumped Cotch, but who knows.

For all the credit Plax gets for our red zone offense it's worth noting a faster receiver with better chemistry with Sanchez probably would have helped us get there far more often.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=crazyeffinjetsfan;4497274]LT did the same thing at his retirement press conference, thanking (by name) and praising the [B]great QB's[/B] he's played with, sans Sanchez....[/QUOTE]

There is your answer. He didn't meet the criteria.

[QUOTE=Austin;4497280]It pretty much confirms what we already know.

Impossible to say, because we don't know who the #2 receiver would have been without Plaxico. Obviously we wouldn't have gone into the season with Kerley as the #2. If we hadn't signed Plax we probably wouldn't have dumped Cotch, but who knows.

For all the credit Plax gets for our red zone offense it's worth noting a faster receiver with better chemistry with Sanchez probably would have helped us get there far more often.[/QUOTE]

I would think that if the Jets didn't sign Burress, they would have re-signed Edwards.

[QUOTE=crazyeffinjetsfan;4497274]LT did the same thing at his retirement press conference, thanking (by name) and praising the great QB's he's played with, sans Sanchez....[/QUOTE]

lol... really?

you mean that in his retirement press conference, [B]as a Charger[/B], LT didn't mention the Jets QB??

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Owen Reed;4497284]I would think that if the Jets didn't sign Burress, they would have re-signed Edwards.[/QUOTE]

Edwards wanted a lot of money from the Jets. He was not going to sign for peanuts after Holmes just signed for $50 MM.

Also, Cotchery wanted out after they brought Mason in and slapped him in the face. So I think he would have been gone with or without Burress.

I don't know who the #2 WR would have been. Maybe there would not have been one. Looking back, we didn't handle the FA frenzy well.

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4497294]Edwards wanted a lot of money from the Jets. He was not going to sign for peanuts after Holmes just signed for $50 MM.

Also, Cotchery wanted out after they brought Mason in and slapped him in the face. So I think he would have been gone with or without Burress.

I don't know who the #2 WR would have been. Maybe there would not have been one. Looking back, we didn't handle the FA frenzy well.[/QUOTE]

Edwards signed with the 49ers for $1MM.

He would have signed with the Jets for less than the $3.017 they paid Burress.

[QUOTE=Owen Reed;4497284]I would think that if the Jets didn't sign Burress, they would have re-signed Edwards.[/QUOTE]

If that actually happened (not possible w/ Holmes 50mil) we would have made the playoffs 100%. But I actually prefer the shakeup on the offense today and the new players with loads of potential.

All i know is that two of Sanchez prime targets last year are no longer wanted by other teams (Plax and LT). The other, Holmes, would probably garner a 6th round pick in return IF his contract wasn't so large.

So while Sanchez has alot to prove, I think Plax should keep his mouth shut.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Owen Reed;4497307]Edwards signed with the 49ers for $1MM.

He would have signed with the Jets for less than the $3.017 they paid Burress.[/QUOTE]

I will agree to disagree.

IMO he signed with the 49ers only after he came to the realization that nobody wanted him. I don't think his pride would have allowed him to sign with the Jets for that much. I do not think he would have limped back to us like that.

[QUOTE=Owen Reed;4497250]Is that the same Plaxico Burress that the Carolina Panthers just said "No Thanks" to?[/QUOTE]

Didn't Plax want to go to the Eagles earlier this season too?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4497294]Edwards wanted a lot of money from the Jets. He was not going to sign for peanuts after Holmes just signed for $50 MM.

I don't know who the #2 WR would have been. Maybe there would not have been one. Looking back, we didn't handle the FA frenzy well.[/QUOTE]

I seem to remember Cotch wanting out right after they signed Plax -- he was pissed he wouldn't get a shot at the #2 job. I don't think they signed Mason until after they released Cotch.

[QUOTE=Austin;4497318]I seem to remember Cotch wanting out right after they signed Plax -- he was pissed he wouldn't get a shot at the #2 job. I don't think they signed Mason until after they released Cotch.[/QUOTE]

Cotchery Released August 4 and discuss Jets interest in Mason but that no deal was done yet. [url]http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2011/08/rex_ryan_says_jerricho_cotcher.html[/url]

Signing of Mason August 6 Article [url]http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/6839687/new-york-jets-derrick-mason-agree-terms[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Austin;4497318]I seem to remember Cotch wanting out right after they signed Plax -- he was pissed he wouldn't get a shot at the #2 job. I don't think they signed Mason until after they released Cotch.[/QUOTE]

I think there were some rumors that they were going to sign him which may have pissed Cotch off. I also think he was visiting facility before he signed. I could be wrong.

The Plax signing did not help either. Jets FO basically gave Cotchery the shaft.

He will always be one of my faves.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=revischrist;4497323]Cotchery Released August 4 and discuss Jets interest in Mason but that no deal was done yet. [url]http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2011/08/rex_ryan_says_jerricho_cotcher.html[/url][/QUOTE]

This pretty much sums it up:

[QUOTE]Ryan said Cotchery's release was not related to the team's interest in former Ravens receiver Derrick Mason, :rolleyes: and he said he is also not sure where things stand with Mason. :rolleyes: Asked why they did not decline his request, Ryan was not sure how to respond.[/QUOTE]