Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: More racist lib garbage

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

More racist lib garbage

Just pure insanity. Yeah, here in 2012, we have ALL the advantages. :rolleyes:

[url]http://d-umn.campusreform.org/group/blog/university-sponsors-campaign-to-undermine-white-privilege[/url]

University sponsors campaign to undermine 'white privilege'
    odarcy
    By odarcy, on Jun 20, 2012

The University of Minnesota - Duluth (UMD) is now sponsoring an ad-campaign designed to achieve "racial justice" by raising awareness of "white privilege."

The project disseminates its message, that "society was setup for us [whites]" and as such is "unfair," through an aggressive campaign of online videos, billboards, and lectures. The ads feature a number of Caucasians confessing their guilt for the supposed "privilege" that comes along with their fair features.

WATCH BELOW: Group says it is "unfair" to be white

University sponsors campaign to undermine 'white privilege'
    odarcy
    By odarcy, on Jun 20, 2012

The University of Minnesota - Duluth (UMD) is now sponsoring an ad-campaign designed to achieve "racial justice" by raising awareness of "white privilege."

The project disseminates its message, that "society was setup for us [whites]" and as such is "unfair," through an aggressive campaign of online videos, billboards, and lectures. The ads feature a number of Caucasians confessing their guilt for the supposed "privilege" that comes along with their fair features.

WATCH BELOW: Group says it is "unfair" to be white

The self-titled Un-Fair Campaign, is sponsored and supported by the University of Minnesota - Duluth, along with several liberal organizations including the NAACP, YWCA, and The League of Woman Voters.

"You give me better jobs, better pay, better treatment, and a better chance - all because of the color of my skin," reads one poster that features a close shot of a Caucasian male.

The Un-Fair campaign also held a series of lectures and events on campus last semester. One included a presentation by Tim Wise, author of Dear White America. In his book, Wise confesses a "longstanding fantasy" where he turns to a man with a "God Bless the USA" button and asks him, "why can't you just get over it?"

These lectures were publicly endorsed by university Chancellor Lendley Black. Black sent a message to the campus community in April describing his effort to "create an inclusive campus climate for all" through providing "support and... leadership to the Un-Fair Campaign."

FLASHBACK: UMD Administrator Calls Conservative "White Supremacist" for Giving Away Free Pocket Constitutions

Documents obtained exclusively by Campus Reform this week, through a public records request, however, show that students on campus have expressed outrage over the administration's support of the racially-charged campaign. Unfair Campaign Poster

One student, whose identity was redacted in the documents released by UMD, e-mailed Chancellor Black expressing his discontent, writing that the Un-fair campaign "is in fact UNFAIR."

The student proceeded to write: "It may be drawing awareness to factors that we might otherwise not pay attention to, but it's creating a gap between people. It's only making people more racist on both sides.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    This epitomizes everything that is wrong with Higher Education in this country.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nobody gets sh!t on in this country more than white men. It is atrocious.

20 years from now when the wussification is complete and whites are a minority I wonder if people will care about our plight.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really who gives a flying f*** about someone "raising awareness" to something we all already know.

You have an advantage if you're a white male in America. Maybe not the same advantage you had in 1965, but you do have an advantage.

Let go of the "woe is me, I'm a white man and everyone thinks I've had/have it better than women and minorities" and accept that you probably did.

I worked door to door canvassing while I was in college, and you're damn right I had an advantage over my black and hispanic coworkers.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Being a white man is grossly overrated.

But past white men made mistakes for thousands of years that current white men pay for now.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;4501243]Really who gives a flying f*** about someone "raising awareness" to something we all already know.

You have an advantage if you're a white male in America. Maybe not the same advantage you had in 1965, but you do have an advantage.

Let go of the "woe is me, I'm a white man and everyone thinks I've had/have it better than women and minorities" and accept that you probably did.

I worked door to door canvassing while I was in college, and you're damn right I had an advantage over my black and hispanic coworkers.[/QUOTE]

B.S.

Do you have any idea how much mental anguish I have suffered from in my life because of my whiteness on the dance floor?

I demand reparations.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;4501243]
    I worked door to door canvassing while I was in college, and you're damn right I had an advantage over my black and hispanic coworkers.[/QUOTE]

Really? How many black and hispanic neighborhoods did you find this to be true in?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4501279]Really? How many black and hispanic neighborhoods did you find this to be true in?[/QUOTE]

I've never gotten the police called on me in those neighborhoods.

Twice in one summer a black coworker had the police called on him in white neighborhoods.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;4501283]I've never gotten the police called on me in those neighborhoods.

Twice in one summer a black coworker had the police called on him in white neighborhoods.[/QUOTE]

Oh, the horror! Hey, did you hear about the time Jesse Jackson said "when I'm walking down the street, and I hear footsteps behind me, I'm relieved when I turn around and see somebody white."

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]You have an advantage if you're a white male in America. Maybe not the same advantage you had in 1965, but you do have an advantage.

Let go of the "woe is me, I'm a white man and everyone thinks I've had/have it better than women and minorities" and accept that you probably did.[/QUOTE]

An interesting assertion. Can you tell me what meaningful advantages I recieved specificly because I was a white male? Any examples will do, thanks.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4501286]Oh, the horror! Hey, did you hear about the time Jesse Jackson said "when I'm walking down the street, and I hear footsteps behind me, I'm relieved when I turn around and see somebody white."[/QUOTE]

Listened you asked a question and I answered it - I'm not interested in defending Jesse Jackson.

[QUOTE=Warfish;4501301]An interesting assertion. Can you tell me what meaningful advantages I recieved specificly because I was a white male? Any examples will do, thanks.[/QUOTE]

No, I can't.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4501301]An interesting assertion. Can you tell me what meaningful advantages I recieved specificly because I was a white male? Any examples will do, thanks.[/QUOTE]

You can eat at Dennys for one thing. [url]http://lubbockonline.com/stories/040602/nat_0406020065.shtml[/url]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;4501303]No, I can't.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;4501283]I've never gotten the police called on me in those neighborhoods.

Twice in one summer a black coworker had the police called on him in white neighborhoods.[/QUOTE]

That's not really a disadvantage. That's an inconvenience -- an embarrassing situation at worst. But certainly not a life altering disadvantage.

Can you cite an example when you've experienced a life altering advantage over a minority you know of similar age, education, and skill level?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4501328]That's not really a disadvantage. That's an inconvenience -- an embarrassing situation at worst. But certainly not a life altering disadvantage.

Can you cite an example when you've experienced a life altering advantage over a minority you know of similar age, education, and skill level?[/QUOTE]

I can't.

To be fair though, I grew up on LI in mostly white neighborhoods and went to a private Catholic High School with about 5 black kids total.

Those two instances in that one summer were the clearest racism I saw. But again, to be fair, I live in New York - one of the most diverse and, I think, least racist places in the whole world.

Is it life-altering what happened to him? No. But it was racist. And I just think, as a white man, I shouldn't talk about racism like it's no big deal/or something of the past if I've never ever had to deal with it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;4501335]I can't.

To be fair though, I grew up on LI in mostly white neighborhoods and went to a private Catholic High School with about 5 black kids total.

Those two instances in that one summer were the clearest racism I saw. But again, to be fair, I live in New York - one of the most diverse and, I think, least racist places in the whole world.

Is it life-altering what happened to him? No. But it was racist. And I just think, as a white man, I shouldn't talk about racism like it's no big deal/or something of the past if I've never ever had to deal with it.[/QUOTE]

I'll have to disagree with you view of New York, and specificly Long Island.

I grew up down there, then moved down here. And the level of racism on Long Island was vastly higher and vastly more common than it was down here in No. Virginia. No. Virginia was also much more racially balanced than Long Island, where the vast majority on the communities I lived were white Catholic Irish, white Catholic Italians and white Not-so-Catholic Jews. My Long Island towns middle school.....had a grand total of two black students. Public school, I should stress. And the hate expressed, the racist terms used, and the disdain for places like Hempstead (where teh black lived) was, in hindsight and the gift of age, horrible. Down here, interracial was a fact of life, and par for the course. Not perfect by any stretch, but vastly better in "Redneck Virginia" than supposedly enlightened New York.

Now, I was once beaten up by a group of hispanic kids in my racially split neighborhood down here. I wonder if I was a victim of raciam or racial profiling by those youths.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4501343]
    Now, I was once beaten up by a group of hispanic kids in my racially split neighborhood down here. I wonder if I was a victim of raciam or racial profiling by those youths.[/QUOTE]

===================================================

I think you were a victim of your lack of speed.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;4501243]Really who gives a flying f*** about someone "raising awareness" to something we all already know.

[COLOR="Red"]You have an advantage if you're a white male in America. Maybe not the same advantage you had in 1965, but you do have an advantage. [/COLOR]

Like preferences in college admissions, city, county,state, and federal loans, grants, and contracts? You libs crack be up, "yeah but these people was discriminated against 70 years ago" I wasn't there! why should I have to pay for something I was no part of?If I should have to pay for the sins of "our fathers" so should the illegals who were brought here "through no fault of their own"

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=gunnails;4501351]===================================================

I think you were a victim of your lack of speed.[/QUOTE]

Hey now, I wasn't always a Chubrock.

Back then I was whip thin. I only got big in High School, and that was muscle then (Oh, how I miss it).

Hell, in my Senior Year I set the school record for duded over 275 in the 40, running a 4.68.

:D

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4501343]I'll have to disagree with you view of New York, and specificly Long Island.

I grew up down there, then moved down here. And the level of racism on Long Island was vastly higher and vastly more common than it was down here in No. Virginia. No. Virginia was also much more racially balanced than Long Island, where the vast majority on the communities I lived were white Catholic Irish, white Catholic Italians and white Not-so-Catholic Jews. My Long Island towns middle school.....had a grand total of two black students. Public school, I should stress. And the hate expressed, the racist terms used, and the disdain for places like Hempstead (where teh black lived) was, in hindsight and the gift of age, horrible. Down here, interracial was a fact of life, and par for the course. Not perfect by any stretch, but vastly better in "Redneck Virginia" than supposedly enlightened New York.

Now, I was once beaten up by a group of hispanic kids in my racially split neighborhood down here. I wonder if I was a victim of raciam or racial profiling by those youths.[/QUOTE]

Public school before high school for me was like 15% black, 40% jewish, 40% white christian and about 5% everything else.

There certainly were racist things said by peers, I'm not saying prejudice didn't exist. But there were no racial problems or true racism that I witnessed.