Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Video of Landry from mini-camp

[QUOTE=Jordy;4498728]Do you really think he will have less snaps this year than he did in 2009?[/QUOTE]

He played behind Leonhard and Rhodes? Probably, if Landry is healthy.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;4498746][url]http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/12553/safety-trio-struggles-vs-pass[/url] JMo I think Jets better hope one of the young safeties they drafted surprises because that still looks like a unit that going to have trouble in coverage.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I know. We all know. Bell and Landry haven't been known for their coverage ability over the years, but then again, Bell nor Landry has ever been surrounded by the type of talent we're currently featuring on the defensive side of the ball, especially with our secondary with cover corners such as Revis, Cromartie and Kyle Wilson. Never once, have these two safety's been in a situation where they're surrounded by this much pure defensive talent. Last but not least, with our Re-Vamped defensive front (should give us a much improved pass rush), along with the overall talent of our 3 CB's... And Landry and Bell, when healthy, will become our strongest Safety duo we've had since Rex took over.
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 06-22-2012 at 05:01 PM.

[QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4498761]Yes, I know. We all know. Bell and Landry haven't been known for their coverage ability over the years, but then again, Bell nor Landry has ever been surrounded by the type of talent we're currently featuring on the defensive side of the ball, especially with our secondary with cover corners such as Revis, Cromartie and Kyle Wilson. Never once, have these two safety's been in a situation where they're surrounded by this much pure defensive talent. Last but not least, with our Re-Vamped defensive front (should give us a much improved pass rush), along with the overall talent of our 3 CB's... And Landry and Bell, when healthy, will become our strongest Safety duo we've had since Rex took over.[/QUOTE]
    First off Redskins had more proven pass rushers than jets have demonstrated . Brian Orakpo is alot better than anyone Jets have (coples is unknown) Where is this consistant pressure coming from. ( not alot of proven sacks on that Dline)

Second your cb's can match up with the Patriots WR- Revis and Cromartie) But your safeties are still going to have to match up with those te's. How is your cb helping you there. Did your cb superiority help your safeties last year. You either can cover or you can't.

The question still will come down how will Jets defense match up with Rbs and TE. Just because your defense might be faster means it's any better defending those two areas. Only time will tell. Right now I don't think you can state for a fact that will be the case.
    Every team has a blueprint that they hope will make them improve from last year. Just because it sounds good or looks good on paper, that will be the case.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 06-22-2012 at 06:10 PM.

[QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4497683]Damn, he looks like a beast of a Safety. He's the perfect fit for this defense.

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVzmrRJWv0I[/URL][/QUOTE]

A lot of great hits but also a number of late ones that are going to get called this year. And that's the last thing we need.

Banned
    [QUOTE=JetsNeedNewton;4499191]A lot of great hits but also a number of late ones that are going to get called this year. And that's the last thing we need.[/QUOTE]

That's the nature of the beast/position. So be it, but I guarantee that LaRon Landry will make players such as Welker and Hernandez think twice about crossing over the middle of the field. I can almost guarantee you that when Landry hits one of these guys? They're going to feel his impact. Last but not least, I guarantee that our secondary becomes feared secondary this up coming season. If Landry returns to form as being 100% healthy? He'll put the punishment to lots of opposing players. Did you see the way you tossed/shoved Brandon Jacobs like the rag doll? Bruit power/strength.

[QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4499201]That's the nature of the beast/position. So be it, but I guarantee that LaRon Landry will make players such as Welker and Hernandez think twice about crossing over the middle of the field. I can almost guarantee you that when Landry hits one of these guys? They're going to feel his impact. Last but not least, I guarantee that our secondary becomes feared secondary this up coming season. If Landry returns to form as being 100% healthy? He'll put the punishment to lots of opposing players. Did you see the way you tossed/shoved Brandon Jacobs like the rag doll? Bruit power/strength.[/QUOTE]

That's a lot go guarantees.

And one almost guarantee.

Bruit power aside.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=FF2;4499250]That's a lot go guarantees.

And one almost guarantee.

Bruit power aside.[/QUOTE]

Anything less would be uncivilized.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4499201]That's the nature of the beast/position. So be it, but I guarantee that LaRon Landry will make players such as Welker and Hernandez think twice about crossing over the middle of the field. I can almost guarantee you that when Landry hits one of these guys? They're going to feel his impact. Last but not least, I guarantee that our secondary becomes feared secondary this up coming season. If Landry returns to form as being 100% healthy? He'll put the punishment to lots of opposing players. Did you see the way you tossed/shoved Brandon Jacobs like the rag doll? Bruit power/strength.[/QUOTE]

And he has a pet monkey. I know, I know getting stale now. (-:

IMO Landry, Bell, Coples and the rest of the new guys have a huge advantage that's severly overlooked. Consistency. While Rex has been taking the punches for the offense, the defense has gone about it's business getting stronger, tighter, faster with Mike P. Besides Gholston who else has gotten cut? Leonard is still listed on IR & half a shot he'll be back. Defense wins championships but no way can they take another brutal season like last year. The consisent 3 and outs on offense was enough to make me want to slap the crap out of Shotty & I'm against vigilante violence.

There almost there, have patience and Rex has got this, all you have to do is believe.