Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Video of Landry from mini-camp

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Video of Landry from mini-camp

Hadn't seen any until now. For what it's worth, he looks to be moving pretty well. Hopefully, he's just being cautious about not participating in team drills.

[url]http://www.newyorkjets.com/photos-and-videos/videos/Laron-Landry-1-on-1/ad672d1e-372b-4b6f-bdf9-85c809bdb2fe[/url]

*If* (a big if) either Josh Bush or somebody like Ryan Steed can show up and play a credible cover-safety/dime in sub packages, our secondary could be very special.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    All we can do is hope. I personally am assuming he won't play a down. If he does it'll be something.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    I enjoyed the video, but not one second spent on discussion (or picture) of Landry's pet monkey? Booooooo!

:D

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The man sure looks impressive. I hope his rehabilitation goes well. Our defense can be very special this year.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damn, he looks like a beast of a Safety. He's the perfect fit for this defense. Rhodes was too soft (scared of contact), Smith and Leonhard were either too slow, too small, not quick enough, or all of the above. This kid is well spoken, sounds like he has lots of knowledge of the game, seems to understand just how great our defense can truly become and last but not least... Seems to be an honest man. When he stated that he's 95% healthy? I just then, began to think that maybe, just maybe, Bell, Cromartie, Wilson, Revis and Landry could combine for the greatest secondary we've ever seen as Jet fans. If he's 95%, it's nice to see him still taking it one game at a time and not rushing into a potential-future injury. If he gets back to 100%, which he hasn't been over the past two years, the sky is the limit for not only this defense, but also LaRon Landry himself. He's still only 27 years of age, so if at 95% he's on the verge of fully recovering? We landed one of the ofsesson steals. Put up an average of 83.3 tackles per year during his first three seasons in the league and even put up 85 tackles during only 9 games of play (2010). He was on pace for a 151 type of season in regards to tackles only two years ago. He's only heading into his 6th season at the age of 27, if he's on the verge of fully recovering... Watch out. He's always played with a mean streak from within, the Landry was born to play for a coach like Rex.

[B][I][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="DarkGreen"][SIZE="7"]He's what our defense has lacked during each of our first 3 years under Rex; [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Black"]A true DOG of a Safety[/COLOR][/FONT].[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/I][/B]

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVzmrRJWv0I"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVzmrRJWv0I[/URL]
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 06-21-2012 at 04:01 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    Awwwww, how cute! It looks like a spider monkey & it also looks like the monkey has a little stuffed teddy bear toy.

[IMG]http://ts3.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4966460261401374&id=4c102dfb42e87eeca7a56039ab6a4853[/IMG]

[IMG]http://ts2.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4985787607679369&id=a5b4fcfecd69f3e0cc522570c84ac9a6[/IMG]

;)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4497608]All we can do is hope. I personally am assuming he won't play a down. If he does it'll be something.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking 8 games.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lets hope we get that Laron and not this one:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaj2oO0jAC8[/url]

Also the way this guy plays safety makes me wonder how many unnecessary roughness and helmet to helmet calls will go against him this season.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Limolady;4497658]I enjoyed the video, but not one second spent on discussion (or picture) of Landry's pet monkey? Booooooo!

:D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Limolady;4497688]Awwwww, how cute! It looks like a spider monkey & it also looks like the monkey has a little stuffed teddy bear toy.

[IMG]http://ts3.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4966460261401374&id=4c102dfb42e87eeca7a56039ab6a4853[/IMG]

[IMG]http://ts2.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4985787607679369&id=a5b4fcfecd69f3e0cc522570c84ac9a6[/IMG]

;)[/QUOTE]

Please stop trolling and derailing what is otherwise a good thread with this monkey talk.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4497683]Damn, he looks like a beast of a Safety. He's the perfect fit for this defense. Rhodes was too soft (scared of contact), Smith and Leonhard were either too slow, too small, not quick enough, or all of the above. This kid is well spoken, sounds like he has lots of knowledge of the game, seems to understand just how great our defense can truly become and last but not least... Seems to be an honest man. When he stated that he's 95% healthy? I just then, began to think that maybe, just maybe, Bell, Cromartie, Wilson, Revis and Landry could combine for the greatest secondary we've ever seen as Jet fans. If he's 95%, it's nice to see him still taking it one game at a time and not rushing into a potential-future injury. If he gets back to 100%, which he hasn't been over the past two years, the sky is the limit for not only this defense, but also LaRon Landry himself. He's still only 27 years of age, so if at 95% he's on the verge of fully recovering? We landed one of the ofsesson steals. Put up an average of 83.3 tackles per year during his first three seasons in the league and even put up 85 tackles during only 9 games of play (2010). He was on pace for a 151 type of season in regards to tackles only two years ago. He's only heading into his 6th season at the age of 27, if he's on the verge of fully recovering... Watch out. He's always played with a mean streak from within, the Landry was born to play for a coach like Rex.

[B][I][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="DarkGreen"][SIZE="7"]He's what our defense has lacked during each of our first 3 years under Rex; [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Black"]A true DOG of a Safety[/COLOR][/FONT].[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/I][/B]

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVzmrRJWv0I"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVzmrRJWv0I[/URL][/QUOTE]

Is it too hot to go camping?

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4497758]Please stop trolling and derailing what is otherwise a good thread with this monkey talk. :D[/QUOTE]

We are talking about LaRon Landry correct? Did you even know he had a pet monkey? Did you know the monkey likes to work out with LaRon? Did you know the monkey knows more football them some posters around here too?

You may now resume your normal posting activities.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Limolady;4497774]We are talking about LaRon Landry correct? Did you even know he had a pet monkey? Did you know the monkey likes to work out with LaRon? Did you know [B]the monkey knows more football them some posters around here too? [/B]

You may now resume your normal posting activities.

Can't argue with you there.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Limolady;4497658]I enjoyed the video, but not one second spent on discussion (or picture) of Landry's pet monkey? Booooooo!

Rexipus Rex approves this message.

Gucci Landry is a must follow on twitter.

As for Landry, I've said it a bunch of times here: As long as I'm not anxiously looking to see if his name is on the injury report every week, I'll breathe a sigh of relief. Just give me 12 HEALTHY games this year, please.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Rexipus Rex;4497787]:D

Rexipus Rex approves this message. Gucci Landry is a must follow on twitter. As for Landry, I've said it a bunch of times here: As long as I'm not anxiously looking to see if his name is on the injury report every week, I'll breathe a sigh of relief. Just give me 12 HEALTHY games this year, please.[/QUOTE]

I think if Gucci makes sure that LaRon gets enough rest, doesn't push too hard in workouts & maintains a healthy & consistent communication with the good doctors over at 1 Jets Drive, the team will get their money's worth out of LaRon. And Gucci too.

;)

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Limolady;4497793]I think if Gucci makes sure that LaRon gets enough rest, doesn't push too hard in workouts & maintains a healthy & consistent communication with the good doctors over at 1 Jets Drive, the team will get their money's worth out of LaRon. And Gucci too.

;)[/QUOTE]

Come game days a heel, is a heel, is a heel. Hope you're right.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Apache 51;4497798]Come game days a heel, is a heel, is a heel. Hope you're right.[/QUOTE]

I agree that this is a legitimate concern, but the doctors over at 1 JD are pretty good evaluators & I have a feeling he'll be used in rotation while being carefully monitored pre & post game(s) when he does play.

Oh and Gucci wants his own locker at Metlife.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;4497682]The man sure looks impressive. I hope his rehabilitation goes well. Our defense can be very special this year.[/QUOTE]
    The guy really is a physical specimen. A real Beastmaster. If he's that well recovered then the Jets have their enforcer in the secondary.

Jets D could beon the verge of something special - a monster DL, some fast young guns in the LB corp and a killer looking secondary.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's not how they look it's how they play.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4497608]All we can do is hope. I personally am assuming he won't play a down. If he does it'll be something.[/QUOTE]

+1

I'm just assuming he's going to be a non-factor and we'll get Bell and a Bush as our starting safeties. Anything Landry does is gravy for me.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southside;4497713]

Also the way this guy plays safety makes me wonder how many unnecessary roughness and helmet to helmet calls will go against him this season.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, half the plays in that video would get flagged in today's NFL.