Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Video of Landry from mini-camp

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Limolady;4497774]We are talking about LaRon Landry correct? Did you even know he had a pet monkey? Did you know the monkey likes to work out with LaRon? Did you know the monkey knows more football them some posters around here too?

You may now resume your normal posting activities.

:D[/QUOTE]

LOL well done

[QUOTE=southside;4497713]Lets hope we get that Laron and not this one:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaj2oO0jAC8[/url]

Also the way this guy plays safety makes me wonder how many unnecessary roughness and helmet to helmet calls will go against him this season.[/QUOTE]
    It sure looks like the penalty yardage is racking up in that video.

[QUOTE=FijiJet;4497845]The guy really is a physical specimen. A real Beastmaster. If he's that well recovered then the Jets have their enforcer in the secondary.

Jets D could beon the verge of something special - a monster DL, some fast young guns in the LB corp and a killer looking secondary.[/QUOTE]

My only fear is that the days of enforcers are long gone in the new safety crazy nfl that Goodell has created. Hopefully he will enforce legally and not get suspended, penalized or fined.

He looks great ! :D
    I hope he stays healthy ! I really don't want Smith to start

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[QUOTE=Gata;4497898]He looks great ! :D
    I hope he stays healthy ! I really don't want Smith to start[/QUOTE]

I like Smith. He's a lunchpail player and gets a fresh start this season along with everybody else across the board. Yeremiah Bell has to be one step faster and let's see what happens in TC. Any word on Jim Leonard's status?

lol @ the site saying we traded for him when we signed him.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Minkaveli;4497939]lol @ the site saying we traded for him when we signed him.[/QUOTE]

Did you really laugh out loud about that? That's a little creepy. I giggled a little about the monkey, but then I composed myself.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Limolady;4497910]I like Smith. He's a lunchpail player and gets a fresh start this season along with everybody else across the board. Yeremiah Bell has to be one step faster and let's see what happens in TC. Any word on Jim Leonard's status?[/QUOTE]
    All Smith has ever been is a hard hitter.

He's a safety with a LB mentality but unfortunately too small to play LB and too slow to play safety or cover adequately.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[QUOTE=Jordy;4498289]All Smith has ever been is a hard hitter.

He's a safety with a LB mentality but unfortunately too small to play LB and too slow to play safety or cover adequately.[/QUOTE]

He's also a NY Jet blueblood (draft class of 2006) & the team needs the consistency of players like Smith, Devito and Pouha to step up as team leaders for the new guys.

Either way, Smith had his best season last year despite all the back biting going on with the offense.

Link:

[URL]http://www.newyorkjets.com/team/roster/Eric-Smith/79aaffb9-7005-418e-b9b1-66e4d36d711a[/URL]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4497683]Damn, he looks like a beast of a Safety. He's the perfect fit for this defense. Rhodes was too soft (scared of contact), Smith and Leonhard were either too slow, too small, not quick enough, or all of the above. This kid is well spoken, sounds like he has lots of knowledge of the game, seems to understand just how great our defense can truly become and last but not least... Seems to be an honest man. When he stated that he's 95% healthy? I just then, began to think that maybe, just maybe, Bell, Cromartie, Wilson, Revis and Landry could combine for the greatest secondary we've ever seen as Jet fans. If he's 95%, it's nice to see him still taking it one game at a time and not rushing into a potential-future injury. If he gets back to 100%, which he hasn't been over the past two years, the sky is the limit for not only this defense, but also LaRon Landry himself. He's still only 27 years of age, so if at 95% he's on the verge of fully recovering? We landed one of the ofsesson steals. Put up an average of 83.3 tackles per year during his first three seasons in the league and even put up 85 tackles during only 9 games of play (2010). He was on pace for a 151 type of season in regards to tackles only two years ago. He's only heading into his 6th season at the age of 27, if he's on the verge of fully recovering... Watch out. He's always played with a mean streak from within, the Landry was born to play for a coach like Rex.

[B][I][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="DarkGreen"][SIZE="7"]He's what our defense has lacked during each of our first 3 years under Rex; [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Black"]A true DOG of a Safety[/COLOR][/FONT].[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/I][/B]

[/QUOTE]

So what you are saying is, he could be the X-factor?

_

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Limolady;4498304]He's also a NY Jet blueblood (draft class of 2006) & the team needs the consistency of players like Smith, Devito and Pouha to step up as team leaders for the new guys.

Either way, Smith had his best season last year despite all the back biting going on with the offense.

Link:

[URL]http://www.newyorkjets.com/team/roster/Eric-Smith/79aaffb9-7005-418e-b9b1-66e4d36d711a[/URL][/QUOTE]
    Because his numbers were higher?

Do you think it's possible that may have been attributed to his vastly increased snap count?

Sorry Limo. You won't get a lot of love from me with respect to Smith.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[QUOTE=Jordy;4498352]Because his numbers were higher? Do you think it's possible that may have been attributed to his vastly increased snap count? Sorry Limo. You won't get a lot of love from me with respect to Smith.[/QUOTE]

Gucci Landry says "talk to the hand" buddy...................

[IMG]http://ts3.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4585595446362122&id=c482e9e7d522b295a4a948b6b6841052[/IMG]

:D

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Limolady;4498400]Gucci Landry says "talk to the hand" buddy...................

[IMG]http://ts3.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4585595446362122&id=c482e9e7d522b295a4a948b6b6841052[/IMG]

:D[/QUOTE]

Maybe Landry should give his monkey to Smith.

It might change their respective luck.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[QUOTE=Jordy;4498405]Maybe Landry should give his monkey to Smith. It might change their respective luck.[/QUOTE]

Why? I told you the monkey already has football smarts & can play safety should something happen to LaRon. We can't have him covering both positions!

[URL="https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/1909822245/AoYMnuyCQAAaP5h.jpg"][IMG]https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/1909822245/AoYMnuyCQAAaP5h_reasonably_small.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

:D

hey look at me i my legs are weak but i make up for it by having a very strong upper body

[IMG]http://tvmedia.ign.com/tv/image/article/987/987014/Joe_Swanson-pic2_1243459167.jpg[/IMG]

Banned
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4498317]So what you are saying is, he could be the X-factor?

_[/QUOTE]

Actually, no. I believe that re-vamping our defensive line over the past two years will become our true x-factor opposite of Revis (potentially) completely shutting down opposing quarterbacks #1 option.

All I'm saying is, when healthy, LaRon Landry is a tackling machine. The man put up 85 tackles during only 9 games of play only two years ago (2010). He was on pace for 151 tackles before going down only 9 games into the season.

89 tackles are the highest amount of tackles that Eric Smith has even recorded during a single season. 76 tackles are the highest amount of tackles that Jim Leonhard has ever recorded during a single season. LaRon Landry, who's only 27 years of age put up that type of production (85 tackles) during only 9 games of play.

He's been in the league for 5 years. Has played in 64 games with a total of 383 tackles. That's an average of 5.9 tackles per game. Would come out to an average of 94.4 tackles per season. The problem is, that he's been hurt over the past two years (17 games missed) which is why he's only averaged 76.6 tackles per season.

It's no secret, that when healthy? LaRon Landry has always been a tackling machine. Not afraid of contact, he's great against the run ala a run stuffer, and holds his own in coverage due to his blazing speed (ran a 4.35 40 coming out of college). He's built for a Rex Ryan led defense. He's the type of strong safety we've lacked over the past 3 years. It's a perfect fit.

He was drafted 6th overall back in only 2007. We may have just walked away with the steal of free agency. When I heard Landry mention that he's 95%, that brought a smile to my face. Also looks to be in excellent physical shape.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4498666]Actually, no. I believe that re-vamping our defensive line over the past two years will become our true x-factor opposite of Revis (potentially) completely shutting down opposing quarterbacks #1 option.

All I'm saying is, when healthy, LaRon Landry is a tackling machine. The man put up 85 tackles during only 9 games of play only two years ago (2010). He was on pace for 151 tackles before going down only 9 games into the season.

89 tackles are the highest amount of tackles that Eric Smith has even recorded during a single season. 76 tackles are the highest amount of tackles that Jim Leonhard has ever recorded during a single season. LaRon Landry, who's only 27 years of age put up that type of production (85 tackles) during only 9 games of play.

He's been in the league for 5 years. Has played in 64 games with a total of 383 tackles. That's an average of 5.9 tackles per game. Would come out to an average of 94.4 tackles per season. The problem is, that he's been hurt over the past two years (17 games missed) which is why he's only averaged 76.6 tackles per season.

It's no secret, that when healthy? LaRon Landry has always been a tackling machine. Not afraid of contact, he's great against the run ala a run stuffer, and holds his own in coverage due to his blazing speed (ran a 4.35 40 coming out of college). He's built for a Rex Ryan led defense. He's the type of strong safety we've lacked over the past 3 years. It's a perfect fit.

He was drafted 6th overall back in only 2007. We may have just walked away with the steal of free agency. When I heard Landry mention that he's 95%, that brought a smile to my face. Also looks to be in excellent physical shape.[/QUOTE]

But he's elite right?

_

I do think Smith will play better this year because he'll be healthier. And that makes being a third, rotational safety about the right spot for him.

See below:

[INDENT]Smith got abused last year and took a lot of criticism. He always seemed to be in the frame when the Jets gave up a big play. The Jets feel that he got overused last year and that was part of the problem. The plan this year is for him to play less, which they think will help him play better.

[B]“You’ll love Eric Smith at 300 snaps,” defensive coordinator Mike Pettine said. “You don’t like him at 1,000.“[/B]

Smith played 966 snaps on defense last year, according to ProFootballFocus.com. That was way up from 705 in 2010 and 424 in 2009, Rex Ryan’s first season as head coach.

Smith also plays a big role on special teams, which helped wear him down, too.

At the end of last season, Smith was far from 100 percent. He played the last five games of the season with a torn meniscus, which required surgery after the season.

“He could have tapped out with five weeks left,” Pettine said. “He spent the last five weeks of the season, he couldn’t go up the steps. That’s how beat up he was. But he knew that, especially after Jimmy [Leonhard] got hurt, we didn’t have anybody else. He toughed it through to his credit. Unfortunately, he bears the brunt of some of the criticism for the end of last year. He’s a warrior. He’s fresh now. He’s healthy. He’s had a great spring.”

Read more: [url]http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsblog/jets_believe_they_have_fixed_safety_Ot8Aq60qL7gFdHg58kz6ZJ#ixzz1yYWTpTuP[/url][/INDENT]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Tackleem;4498724]I do think Smith will play better this year because he'll be healthier. And that makes being a third, rotational safety about the right spot for him.

See below:
    [INDENT]Smith got abused last year and took a lot of criticism. He always seemed to be in the frame when the Jets gave up a big play. The Jets feel that he got overused last year and that was part of the problem. The plan this year is for him to play less, which they think will help him play better.

[B]“You’ll love Eric Smith at 300 snaps,” defensive coordinator Mike Pettine said. “You don’t like him at 1,000.“[/B]

Smith played 966 snaps on defense last year, according to ProFootballFocus.com. That was way up from 705 in 2010 and 424 in 2009, Rex Ryan’s first season as head coach.

Smith also plays a big role on special teams, which helped wear him down, too.

At the end of last season, Smith was far from 100 percent. He played the last five games of the season with a torn meniscus, which required surgery after the season.

“He could have tapped out with five weeks left,” Pettine said. “He spent the last five weeks of the season, he couldn’t go up the steps. That’s how beat up he was. But he knew that, especially after Jimmy [Leonhard] got hurt, we didn’t have anybody else. He toughed it through to his credit. Unfortunately, he bears the brunt of some of the criticism for the end of last year. He’s a warrior. He’s fresh now. He’s healthy. He’s had a great spring.”

Read more: [URL]http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsblog/jets_believe_they_have_fixed_safety_Ot8Aq60qL7gFdHg58kz6ZJ#ixzz1yYWTpTuP[/URL][/INDENT][/QUOTE]

Do you really think he will have less snaps this year than he did in 2009?

[QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4498666]Actually, no. I believe that re-vamping our defensive line over the past two years will become our true x-factor opposite of Revis (potentially) completely shutting down opposing quarterbacks #1 option.

He was drafted 6th overall back in only 2007. We may have just walked away with the steal of free agency. When I heard Landry mention that he's 95%, that brought a smile to my face. Also looks to be in excellent physical shape.[/QUOTE]
    [url]http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/12553/safety-trio-struggles-vs-pass[/url] JMo I think Jets better hope one of the young safeties they drafted surprises because that still looks like a unit that going to have trouble in coverage.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 06-22-2012 at 04:46 PM.