Thread: Anyone play Madden 2012 online?

Banned

Anyone play Madden 2012 online?

Now, the Madden 94 for super Nintendo actually showed me a lot about the game of football. The one's with John Madden on the cover. I was only 9 when it came out (or the first year I remember watching/playing). I watched my older brother play for countless hour followed by trying to play when he wasn't home. He pretty much watched football with me on Sundays, I was attached to my older bro and followed him around since before I can even remember. Long story short, he would actually explain the game of football to me through Madden as a video game.

Now I'm 27 with a PS3 and can honestly say that Madden 2012 has came a long way. It's like watching a game to me. This was the first year that I had myself a PS3 and haven't owned a Madden series since my teen years when the PS2 came out. I just out of no where, went out and got the system after seeing my younger nephew playing at my older sisters home, and from there on out? Brought back childhood memories of my brother kicking my ass and talking **** at the same time. The graphics were top of the line in my opinion.

My record this year is like 42-39 online. When I was younger I enjoyed playing the computer (I guess no choice right), but after taking it online, I can't sit through a computer game these days. I wanna get that head to head matchup against someone from another city and state. I've lost quite a few games, but I like to think I'm pretty good on the controllers, played Madden dating back to my childhood days, but I just don't play that arcade style of football, and that's why I think I'm losing some of these games. I actually punt on 4th and anything behind the 50 yard line (unless it's at the end of 3rd or 4th), kick FG's, run the rock, set up the play action pass with the run, kill opponents with RB screen to Tomlinson along with WR screens to Holmes, and when I sense that a blitz is coming, I try and draw plays in obvious dime coverage-passing situations, quick slants against zone defense to taller players such as Plaxico, curls and quick in's against man to man defense, lob it up to a taller player such as Plaxico on the outside with no safety help, quick outs to Kerley coming out of the slot, swing passes to speeders like Joe McKnight coming out of the backfield etc, etc but for some reason, I catch myself losing to people going for it on 4th and 14 and actually converting.

Let me know if anyone ever wants to get a game in. I'm off on Thursdays and Sundays. Would create a league, but 2013 is right around the corner. Never been in a strong league, joined two leagues this year but they were both the same. Didn't know anyone, joined late and got stuck with Arizona and Washington and not everyone played so I quit after 3-4 weeks or so. Would be nice to put together a 15 or even 30 player league come 2013. Just 1 game a week, to give us all time to connect and match it up.

Jets Insider VIP
    I've had sex with a woman, so no.

[QUOTE=Jets Things;4497623]I've had sex with a woman, so no.[/QUOTE]

+1

That game isn't what it used to be....5 years ago.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jets Things;4497623]I've had sex with a woman, so no.[/QUOTE]

lolz...

All Pro
    Do you play with your boys the Dolphins here in 2012?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

oof, tough crowd

Undrafted Free Agent
    Not as often as I use to...but if you have xbox360

"The BigPunisher" is my gamer tag. All challengers welcome.

I treat my xbox like a fat chick...only use it in the winter time. So don't expect me on any time soon.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Banned
    ahah good bunch of guys. I should have known better, Madden threads never go well :D This place is full of a bunch of characters, can never be friendly, they'll eat you alive for breakfast and split you our for brunch. JI never been friendly.
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 06-21-2012 at 05:20 PM.

[QUOTE=IX 7 III;4497650]Not as often as I use to...but if you have xbox360

"The BigPunisher" is my gamer tag. All challengers welcome.

I treat my xbox like a fat chick...only use it in the winter time. So don't expect me on any time soon.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]

Hmm... I thought this was going to be a red ring of death joke. I am disappoint.

[QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4497661]JI never been friendly.[/QUOTE]

Gator never been about that!

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rfyqka2TC48[/url]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mpJOTuGXxc[/url]
    Last edited by southside; 06-21-2012 at 03:41 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Don't tell me, you purposefully injure Leon Washington on the first play and have all your players stand over him and taunt him that he "deserved it" and then you never let him play again for the rest of his career.

And you are proud of it.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    I WILL WORK YOU! And Yes i have had sex with women.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=dmitexxi;4497699]I WILL WORK YOU! [B]And Yes i have had sex with women.[/B][/QUOTE]

It shows. I'm pretty sure that's where you came up with "I will work you!"

I shoulda tried that on my wife on my birfday, mighta got away with it.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4497717]It shows. I'm pretty sure that's where you came up with "I will work you!"

I shoulda tried that on my wife on my birfday, mighta got away with it.[/QUOTE]

thats' what i did wearing a banana hammock

All Pro
    [QUOTE=dmitexxi;4497760]thats' what i did wearing a banana hammock[/QUOTE]

That's so sweet.