Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: REVIS; It's all Up To The GM

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LI JET FAN;4498593]Screw "Mevis" he's strictly a me first guy and should be traded if he sits out the 2012 season. Enough is enough!:steamin:[/QUOTE]

He's not sitting out.

It would cost him $30K a day under the new CBA, not to mention his contract would become a 7 year deal at small money.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is going to make noise thru the media, that will put pressure on the front office. My bet is the Jets will reply for us, the fans. But he will report to camp, its not in his best interest to hold out again. He will get his restructed deal at some point, just not before camp.

This is basically the sports fans version of the Young and the Restless.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4498531]I take it you are not a math major or an investment professional.

That comment is absurd.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't have agreed more!!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Limolady;4498561]Ha, I remember the Johnny Abe hold out at Hofstra too. Didn't he run over Rich Cimini's foot as Cimini was chasing him out of the Netherlands cafeteria trying to get an interview?

;)[/QUOTE]

lol, I'm not sure, but that's funny. Made me laugh.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=dickie_kak;4498603] This is basically the sports fans version of the Young and the Restless.[/QUOTE]

Turn up your computer speakers & come sing along with me Darrelle!

[URL]http://www.vevo.com/watch/mary-j-blige/no-more-drama/USMCV0100610#/watch/mary-j-blige/no-more-drama/USMCV0100610[/URL]

;)

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4498616]lol, I'm not sure, but that's funny. Made me laugh.[/QUOTE]

True story, I was standing right there talking to Kevin Mawae (who used to ride his bicycle with Mike Westhoff back & forth to camp) when Cimini stepped off the curb in front of the Netherlands. I'm almost positive it was Johnny Abe who came whizzing by in an SUV & ran over Cimini's foot.

:grouplaug

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    anyone with a brain knows if revis holds out of training camp he will run the same risk he did two years ago when he came back and shortly went out with a hamstring. doesn't matter if you're the best cb in the league if you can't play due to an injury. revis should have given some of the money back because holding out was up to him.

imho the jets should hold firm. if he wants to renegotiate after this season then fine but this season? no. he will have earned 38M for 3 seasons and that's top flight qb pay.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Limolady;4498643]Yes you do know Darrelle.

[B]I told you this is all going to start & end with Cappy and you have 34 days to make the right decision.[/B] Stop listening to your greedy ass agent & start listening to the distant drum of success that beats within the heart of every true warrior. If you choose to hold out, the poison arrows of the universe will take aim & shoot you down like a 12 point buck during hunting season.

Make your move Darrelle, the GM will respond in kind & that you can be 100% sure of.[/QUOTE]
    So you're insinuating to us that you personally had this conversation with him? Sure you did, and did this transpire when you were just hangin wit the guys in the Jets locker room?

[QUOTE=Limolady;4498643]If I'm right, & I think I am, once you cross a guy like Rex, he gets even by cutting you completely off never to be heard from again, not in his world anyway. [B]One day I'll tell you the real story of Brian Schottenheimer's demise, but today is not that day.[/B][/QUOTE]
    Oh please, tell us today, the suspense is excruciating.

[QUOTE=Limolady;4498643]I don't know why. You've been on this board long enough to know [B]what time it is[/B]. However, please feel free to once again hold your breath until you can prove me wrong. Good luck with that.[/QUOTE]
    Maybe not Limo, what time is it exactly? Here's an opportunity for you to tell all the regular fans what hotsh!t you are. We're all so [COLOR="DarkGreen"]GREEN[/COLOR] with envy. :barf:

[QUOTE=Limolady;4498643]Ha, I remember the Johnny Abe hold out at Hofstra too. [B]Didn't he run over Rich Cimini's foot as Cimini was chasing him out of the Netherlands cafeteria trying to get an interview?[/B][/QUOTE]
    Oh, what a tangled web we weave....

[QUOTE=Limolady;4498643] [B]True story, I was standing right there talking to Kevin Mawae [/B](who used to ride his bicycle with Mike Westhoff back & forth to camp) when Cimini stepped off the curb in front of the Netherlands. I'm almost positive it was Johnny Abe who came whizzing by in an SUV & ran over Cimini's foot.[/QUOTE]

What was that about a web?...........Oh yeah, so which one is it Limmmoooo? Are you asking us or were you a first hand witness the incident with your good friend Kev?
    Last edited by movethechains; 06-22-2012 at 05:43 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=movethechains;4498800]What was that about a web?...........Oh yeah, so which one is it Limmmoooo? Are you asking us or were you a first hand witness the incident with your good friend Kev?[/QUOTE]

She clearly explained that she seen Cimini's foot get ran over, she just doesn't know for sure if it were John Abraham driving or not. But yea, anyone in whom doesn't struggle with reading comprehension would've understood that. Maybe she should apologize because you didn't?

And, why would Limolady "lie" about something as simple as that? She was simply replying because I mentioned John Abraham's name which obviously reminded her ala gave her a flash back of that situation/event. This woman has covered the Jets and shared her thoughts with us for many of years, she actually talks to the players when she has a chance (meets them).

In closing....

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueEyhmdxeV0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueEyhmdxeV0[/URL]
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 06-22-2012 at 05:51 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=movethechains;4498800]So you're insinuating to us that you personally had this conversation with him? Sure you did, and did this transpire when you were just hangin wit the guys in the Jets locker room?

Maybe not Limo, what time is it exactly? Here's an opportunity for you to tell all the regular fans what hotsh!t you are. We're all so [COLOR=darkgreen]GREEN[/COLOR] with envy. :barf:

What was that about a web?...........Oh yeah, so which one is it Limmmoooo? Are you asking us or were you a first hand witness the incident with your good friend Kev?[/QUOTE]

:eek::eek:

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=movethechains;4498800]So you're insinuating to us that you personally had this conversation with him? Sure you did, and did this transpire when you were just hangin wit the guys in the Jets locker room?

Maybe not Limo, what time is it exactly? Here's an opportunity for you to tell all the regular fans what hotsh!t you are. We're all so [COLOR="DarkGreen"]GREEN[/COLOR] with envy. :barf:

What was that about a web?...........Oh yeah, so which one is it Limmmoooo? Are you asking us or were you a first hand witness the incident with your good friend Kev?[/QUOTE]

WoW, dada dooshbag.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4498812]She clearly explained that she seen Cimini's foot get ran over, she just doesn't know for sure if it were John Abraham driving or not. But yea, anyone in whom doesn't struggle with reading comprehension would've understood that. Maybe she should apologize because you didn't?

And, why would Limolady "lie" about something as simple as that? She was simply replying because I mentioned John Abraham's name which obviously reminded her ala gave her a flash back of that situation/event. This woman has covered the Jets and shared her thoughts with us for many of years, she actually talks to the players when she has a chance (meets them)[/QUOTE]

And the she all knowing wouldn't have known his vehicle? Even I remember his car from the practices he drove a Hummer.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4498812]She clearly explained that she seen Cimini's foot get ran over, she just doesn't know for sure if it were John Abraham driving or not. But yea, anyone in whom doesn't struggle with reading comprehension would've understood that. Maybe she should apologize because you didn't?[/QUOTE]

It's understandable to have comprehension issues with such a mangled example of the English language.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Limolady;4498391]I believe Darrelle is just playing with the media & tossing out notions until camp starts. I mean seriously, nothing else going on, so why not stir the pot a little? On the other hand, if Darrelle is being serious I can assure you Mike T & Rex, especially Rex, will end him. Hell hath no fury like a GM & HC scorned.

If I'm right, & I think I am, once you cross a guy like Rex, he gets even by cutting you completely off never to be heard from again, not in his world anyway. One day I'll tell you the real story of Brian Schottenheimer's demise, but today is not that day.

Besides, it's the offseason circus & I'd rather hear more about LaRon Landry's monkey Gucci than this s#it over and over again.

;)[/QUOTE]
    Sounds like Pete Kendall again

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=movethechains;4498821]And the she all knowing wouldn't have known his vehicle? Even I remember his car from the practices he drove a Hummer.[/QUOTE]

Yea, right, as if Abe didn't own multiple cars. Don't blame Limolady because she's not a stalker who didn't know 'which car a football player drove around the city in'. She's a fan, not an investigator.

Since you knew "what car" Abe drove around in, give us some detail. What style? What were the features? What year? And if you know all of the above, what's the license plate because I can almost guarantee at least 10-15 current Jets ride around in a hummer.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4498245]Once again, way to ruin a good discussion thread.[/QUOTE]

Hypocritical post of the decade. Bravo. Add another trophy to your case.

and GFY. And your little dog too.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetglass;4498503]Revis has a point here. If you sign a 4 year contract worth 100 million dollars, and you make 97 million in the first year and only 1 million in years 2-4, that is so unfair to the player that hes being paid well below fair market value in years 2-4.[/QUOTE]

I guess we should all just ignore the vast overpayment of $97 million in year one then? COme on, man... apply a little logic. Or even common sense.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;4498228]NFl network reported that Jets have no plans to extend D Keller this year. He going to have to play out this year than they will decide what to do.[/QUOTE]

And then the franchise tag will hover over him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=I against I;4498857]And then the franchise tag will hover over him.[/QUOTE]

Keller isn't worth ther one year Franchise Tag amount for TEs. He's not a top 10 TE.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Owen Reed;4498597]He's not sitting out.

It would cost him $30K a day under the new CBA, not to mention his contract would become a 7 year deal at small money.[/QUOTE]

Revis and his agent are "all in" and will possibly walk away from football if the the Jets don't give him a new deal. He already has $50m of the Jets money. It's all about Revis being the highest paid CB in football history. Salary cap and his Jet teammates be damned!