Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: REVIS; It's all Up To The GM

All Pro
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4498220]Jets are in a "wait ans see" mode with Keller.

He has a big year, he'll get his extension.

If not, the Jets will let him walk.[/QUOTE]

You're probably right on this. My guess is that he's underperformed based on their expectations when he was drafted but has improved each year and they aren't sure yet whether they want to invest more in him.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4498193]I agree with that Boynton, the Jets FO has all the leverage and I doubt they will cave in for a 3rd time to Revis' demands.

[B][U]As fragile is the Jets locker room,[/U][/B] Revis shooting his mouth off in the media about being "underpaid" will not be a good thing for team unity.

How do you think Dustin Keller feels about this?[/QUOTE]

:rolleyes:

You're such a douchebag troll.

Hall Of Fame

I actually think his chances of staying will lessen if he has a great year in his walk year, since his contract demands will be to much considering the Jets cap situation, and the fact that Keller is not really a Sparano type TE>

The Jets have shored up all of their key pieces the past few seasons before they got to their walk year (Mangold, Brick, Harris, etc.)

That tells me that they simply do not plan on bringing him back

Banned
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4498240]:rolleyes:

You're such a douchebag troll.[/QUOTE]

Once again, way to ruin a good discussion thread.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Not to the ultimate extent, but Revis owns the Jets.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4498245]Once again, way to ruin a good discussion thread.[/QUOTE]

LMAO @ the KING of derailing threads.

GFY troll

I'm sick of Dumpiss, let the idiot hold out and make an example out of him:yes:

Rookie
    Not sure what was wrong about what Tex posted? Sounds like the truth.

"As fragile is the Jets locker room, Revis shooting his mouth off in the media about being "underpaid" will not be a good thing for team unity.

How do you think Dustin Keller feels about this?"

I think that is the right approach. Keller is solid but not elite. It is very rare to find an elite TE anyway (Gates, Gronkowski... who else?) so I'm not sure it is worth investing big money here.

As for Revis, I think this problem was largely created by our GM talking too openly about the last contract being a "band aid" or whatever he said. Just not smart, and Revis is taking advantage.

If he holds out, he won't play this season most likely. Because he can't show up until he gets a new deal and the Jets are taking a hard stance that they aren't going to pay him this year.

We know that it could happen with Revis, his agents had other players hold out seasons. Vincent Jackson did. ANd his uncle held out a season. If he does this, it will drain a lot of the excitement from me about this season. It would change our defense, because right now they are putting more 46 packages because they have 2 CB that can lock down the outsides. Without Revis they won't be able to do it really.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Apache 51;4498248]Not to the ultimate extent, but Revis owns the Jets.[/QUOTE]

Yes but Stevie Johnson owns Revis.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[QUOTE=Gangrene;4498161] "I donít know," Revis told the Beaver County Times. "Thatís up to (general manager) Mike Tannenbaum. I really donít know." [/QUOTE]

Yes you do know Darrelle.

I told you this is all going to start & end with Cappy and you have 34 days to make the right decision. Stop listening to your greedy ass agent & start listening to the distant drum of success that beats within the heart of every true warrior. If you choose to hold out, the poison arrows of the universe will take aim & shoot you down like a 12 point buck during hunting season.

Make your move Darrelle, the GM will respond in kind & that you can be 100% sure of.

:sultry:

Banned
    [QUOTE=Limolady;4498275]Yes you do know Darrelle.

I told you this is all going to start & end with Cappy and you have 34 days to make the right decision. [B][U]Stop listening to your greedy ass agent[/U][/B] & start listening to the distant drum of success that beats within the heart of every true warrior. If you choose to hold out, the poison arrows of the universe will take aim & shoot you down like a 12 point buck during hunting season.

Make your move Darrelle, the GM will respond in kind & that you can be 100% sure of.

:sultry:[/QUOTE]

Right there is the problem.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;4498244]I actually think his chances of staying will lessen if he has a great year in his walk year, since his contract demands will be to much considering the Jets cap situation, and the fact that Keller is not really a Sparano type TE>

The Jets have shored up all of their key pieces the past few seasons before they got to their walk year (Mangold, Brick, Harris, etc.)

That tells me that they simply do not plan on bringing him back[/QUOTE]

If Keller demands to be paid like a top TE, the Jets should let him walk. He's a good player, but not an elite one.

And like you said, he's a poor fit for Sparano's system.

At some point, the Jets are going to get sick of this and start drafting cornerbacks to replace him. Yes, he's special but he can't hold a team hostage (if he sits out) every time the market rises. You might not be able to draft another Revis but you can replace him with someone that might be able to do the job.

Banned
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4498276]Right there is the problem.[/QUOTE]

I'd say it's his uncle more than his agent.

Banned
    [QUOTE=CleatMarks;4498279]At some point, the Jets are going to get sick of this and start drafting cornerbacks to replace him. Yes, he's special but he can't hold a team hostage (if he sits out) every time the market rises. You might not be able to draft another Revis but you can replace him with someone that might be able to do the job.[/QUOTE]

I agree. This is becoming very tiresome. He's a great player, but it's getting to the point where he's not worth dealing with him anymore.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=Braumeister;4498281]I agree. This is becoming very tiresome. He's a great player, but it's getting to the point where he's not worth dealing with him anymore.[/QUOTE]

Oh, they are gonna deal.

All League
    Charter JI Member

First, let's qualify Revis' comments because Revis is NOT the one bringing this up. He's barking through the media, but only when the media brings it up first. He is not going out of his way to cause trouble.

Revis will bark in the media, in response, the Jets will tell him that they promise to work on something during the year this year and in the off season next year.

Revis will hold them to their word. If the Jets don't, he'll play this year and next then bolt as true free agent because his contract prohibits the Jets from placing the tag on him.

Second, Keller needs to earn his new contract. He knows it and his agents know it. That's why Keller is not making a big stink about it. If he produces the Jets will try to work something out or place the tag on him. If he under performs, the Jets will low ball him and look elsewhere.

His agent. His uncle. That's letting Revis off too easy. It's the player. He's proven that he's a me first diva. That'll never change no matter how much money the team throws his way.