Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: REVIS; It's all Up To The GM

Veteran

REVIS; It's all Up To The GM

[SIZE="5"]Revis: It's all up to Jets' GM[/SIZE]
    June, 21, 2012

10:02
    PM ET

Darrelle Revis, who appeared Thursday at a youth football clinic in his hometown of Aliquippa, Pa., reiterated that he hasn't made up his mind on whether to report to training camp. Basically, he said it's up to the Jets.

"I donít know," Revis told the Beaver County Times. "Thatís up to (general manager) Mike Tannenbaum. I really donít know."

Maybe it's reading too much into it, but by saying it's up to Tannenbaum, Revis seems to be leaning toward holding out for the second time in three years. His non-answer suggests something needs to happen by training camp -- either a new deal or perhaps an assurance by the team that it will negotiate in good faith.

Tannenbaum and owner Woody Johnson have evaded questions on whether they'd be open to re-working Revis' contract, saying they expect the All-Pro cornerback in camp. But from all indications, they have no interest in renegotiating.

"I do talk to Mike Tannenbaum when I see him in the building," Revis told the paper. "But we donít talk about contract issues. This will get resolved sooner or later."

Revis has two years, $13.5 million remaining on his contract. He made $32.5 million over the last two years, and now he's like a long-term deal with a similar average per year. Revis has insisted he's "not unhappy" with his current contract, but he believes the team promised him it would re-visit the deal after two years.

By Rich Cimini | ESPNNewYork.com

Banned
    [QUOTE=Gangrene;4498161][SIZE="5"]Revis: It's all up to Jets' GM[/SIZE]
    June, 21, 2012

10:02
    PM ET

Darrelle Revis, who appeared Thursday at a youth football clinic in his hometown of Aliquippa, Pa., reiterated that he hasn't made up his mind on whether to report to training camp. Basically, he said it's up to the Jets.

[B]"I don’t know," Revis told the Beaver County Times. "That’s up to (general manager) Mike Tannenbaum. I really don’t know."[/B]

Maybe it's reading too much into it, but by saying it's up to Tannenbaum, Revis seems to be leaning toward holding out for the second time in three years. His non-answer suggests something needs to happen by training camp -- either a new deal or perhaps an assurance by the team that it will negotiate in good faith.

Tannenbaum and owner Woody Johnson have evaded questions on whether they'd be open to re-working Revis' contract, saying they expect the All-Pro cornerback in camp. But from all indications, they have no interest in renegotiating.

"I do talk to Mike Tannenbaum when I see him in the building," Revis told the paper. "But we don’t talk about contract issues. This will get resolved sooner or later."

Revis has two years, $13.5 million remaining on his contract. He made $32.5 million over the last two years, and now he's like a long-term deal with a similar average per year. Revis has insisted he's "not unhappy" with his current contract, but he believes the team promised him it would re-visit the deal after two years.

By Rich Cimini | ESPNNewYork.com[/QUOTE]

Why is it up to Mike Tannenbaum?

Revis made $32.5 million over the last 2 seasons [B][U]and is still under contract[/U][/B].

Divis

All Pro
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4498166]Why is it up to Mike Tannenbaum?

Revis made $32.5 million over the last 2 seasons [B][U]and is still under contract[/U][/B].[/QUOTE]

I would be surprised if held out the Jets have the leverage if he holds out his contract is extended. His leverage is barking in the media now

Banned
    [QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;4498189]I would be surprised if held out the Jets have the leverage if he holds out his contract is extended. His leverage is barking in the media now[/QUOTE]

I agree with that Boynton, the Jets FO has all the leverage and I doubt they will cave in for a 3rd time to Revis' demands.

As fragile is the Jets locker room, Revis shooting his mouth off in the media about being "underpaid" will not be a good thing for team unity.

How do you think Dustin Keller feels about this?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;4498189]I would be surprised if held out the Jets have the leverage if he holds out his contract is extended. His leverage is barking in the media now[/QUOTE]

+1. The way his contract is structured he needs us more than we need him.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4498193]
    As fragile is the Jets locker room, Revis shooting his mouth off in the media about being "underpaid" will not be a good thing for team unity.

How do you think Dustin Keller feels about this?[/QUOTE]

:rolleyes:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4498193]I agree with that Boynton, the Jets FO has all the leverage and I doubt they will cave in for a 3rd time to Revis' demands.

I would not be surprised if Keller gets a new contract, then what will not make Revis happy, but that's life.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4498193]I agree with that Boynton, the Jets FO has all the leverage and I doubt they will cave in for a 3rd time to Revis' demands.

Ummmm IMO Dustin Keller needs to focus on catching the football, not letting the ball hit off his helmet in big games and be quiet!!!:rolleyes:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    What a tool.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;4498200]I would not be surprised if Keller gets a new contract, then what will not make Revis happy, but that's life.[/QUOTE]

Keller is as good as gone after this year.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Austin;4498194]+1. The way his contract is structured he needs us more than we need him.[/QUOTE]

Yup he got his money, that's the problem with these front loaded contracts.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;4498207]Keller is as good as gone after this year.[/QUOTE]

The next couple months will tell the story, lets see. Don't believe what you read in the media.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;4498207]Keller is as good as gone after this year.[/QUOTE]

Jets are in a "wait ans see" mode with Keller.

He has a big year, he'll get his extension.

If not, the Jets will let him walk.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;4498189] His leverage is barking in the media now[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Revis's plan is not a bad one. He is going to use the media for the next six weeks to make as much noise as he can. His hope is that the pressure will increase on the Jets front office after a disappointing year.

Poll anyone ?

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [IMG]http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/4338/img0266qk.jpg[/IMG]

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Gangrene;4498222]Agreed. Revis's plan is not a bad one. He is going to use the media for the next six weeks to make as much noise as he can. His hope is that the pressure will increase on the Jets front office after a disappointing year.

Poll anyone ?[/QUOTE]
    Agreed, its the only plan Revis could do. Jets would be crazy to cave in.

[QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;4498200]I would not be surprised if Keller gets a new contract, then what will not make Revis happy, but that's life.[/QUOTE]

NFl network reported that Jets have no plans to extend D Keller this year. He going to have to play out this year than they will decide what to do.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Why would the Jets make that deal and then promise Revis they will revisit it after the 2nd year?

That makes little to no sense based on the way the deal is structured.

Revis nauseates me.

[QUOTE=Jordy;4498229]Why would the Jets make that deal and then promise Revis they will revisit it after the 2nd year?

That makes little to no sense based on the way the deal is structured.

Revis nauseates me.[/QUOTE]

Because they were desperate to get him into camp two years ago.