Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Where are all the Sanchez haters?!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Apache 51;4499264]The entire offense has a lot to prove.[/QUOTE]

Our OL and running game better put up or shut up!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ASG0531;4498540]This is the key right here. Sanchez doesn't have to become a more prolific passer, he just has to improve his efficiency. Cut down on the turnovers and make better decisions. The Jets aren't Grounding and Pounding by choice, they are doing so because that's their best chance at winning games. If the Jets signed Peyton they'd probably have kept Schotty and gone to a full on aerial attack.

I really do believe Sparano's offensive approach is going to make Sanchez feel a lot more comfortable and help to improve his efficiency. And maybe, just maybe, that's enough.[/QUOTE]

False

The "ground and pound" label is being thrown around too loosely, and it has nothing to do with the QB situation, it is a style that Rex prefers, whether Sanchez is his QB or Peyton Manning is his QB, same for Sparano.

The Jets offense will pass the ball, those that spin that the Jets will only be running the ball don't get it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4499390]False

The "ground and pound" label is being thrown around too loosely, and it has nothing to do with the QB situation, it is a style that Rex prefers, whether Sanchez is his QB or Peyton Manning is his QB, same for Sparano.

The Jets offense will pass the ball, those that spin that the Jets will only be running the ball don't get it.[/QUOTE]

Valid points. Rex has been a ground and pound team. He changed his philosophy early last season and it failed. Schotty nor our offense couldn't deliver a high powered offense attack.

Moving back to the ground and pound was a good idea.

As for Peyton if he came here it would have been his offense and whatever he wanted to do w/it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    We may go back to being a ground and pound team in regards to a physical approach ala style of play, and why wouldn't we? Why throw the ball two times on 2nd and 2-3 with two incomplete passes, when you can just use your offensive lineman to create holes/space for the RB on 2nd/3rd and short types of situations. Shotty Jr would get too cute with his play calling, trying to catch the opposing team off balance, and in return... We'd be forced to punt due to not playing our hands right.

We're returning 3 of 5 offensive lineman from 09 in Ferguson, Mangold and Moore; that's where we broke an all-time franchise record for most rushing yards during a single season. We ranked #1 in the league in rushing, despite the fact that we had a rookie quarterback under center with opposing D's stacking the 7-8 and sometimes 9 in the box. We still had success rushing the football. We're also returning 4 of 5 starters in Ferguson, Slauson, Mangold and Moore who led the way for a top 5 rushing attack back in only 2010.

So yes, with Tony Sparano controlling the offense, he'll give our QB and WR's the freedom/ability to change the route and the L.O.S (pre-play), but I'm pretty sure we won't see any 3rd and 1 WR reverses. We'll also see a lot of the Wildcat formation with Tim Tebow as our center piece. But lets not forget, Tony Sparano loves to pass the football as well. He loves to use the run to set up the pass. His Miami Dolphin's usually ranked top 10 in regards to pass plays resulting of 20+ yards or more. He loves to pass after establishing the run game early on, he loves stretch the field, takes chances down field and always looks for the game changing, momentum swinging, big plays.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The most important thing is that everyone will know what they're doing out there, and on the same page. They'll get up to the line and run the damn play. I don't know about anyone else, but I got really sick of seeing guys looking around like they were trying to figure out what to do, and then call timeout. Sometimes we'd be late getting the plays in after a time out.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

The "ground and pound" label is being thrown around too loosely, and it has [B][U]nothing to do with the QB situation[/U][/B], it is a style that Rex prefers, whether Sanchez is his QB or Peyton Manning is his QB, same for Sparano.

The Jets offense will pass the ball, those that spin that the Jets will only be running the ball don't get it.[/QUOTE]

Are you really that dense?

It has everything to do with the QB situation.

Do you seriously think the Jets would run a ground and pound offense if they had Brady, Rodgers, Brees or Manning as QB? :rolleyes:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4499576]Are you really that dense?

It has everything to do with the QB situation.

Do you seriously think the Jets would run a ground and pound offense if they had Brady, Rodgers, Brees or Manning as QB? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Depends on the coach :)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4498296]1) He [B][U]LOST[/U][/B] both games, not to mention completley choking down the stretch last year going 0-3 with the playoffs on the line.

2) He is a veteran NFL QB with 53 starts. College means absolutely nothing.

3) His poor pocket prescence and poor decision making skills are as much to blame as the OLine.

4) Not the OLines fault when he delivers the football off target and directly into the hands of DLinemen.

5) He wouldn't even be the starting QB in St. Louis.

6) Only Jets fans would be naive enough to compare Sanchez to an elite QB.

7) Every team in the NFL has roster turnover. It's not the receivers fault that Sanchez is so inaccurate.[/QUOTE]
    8)You live in Texas and everything is big in Texas especially the suck. Texas DOES suck bigger than anywhere. Tuck Fexas. The only thing worse than the Lone Star state would be a patsie troll living there....oops:D

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    :clapper:[QUOTE=Shark99;4498236]Our kid has done all right give him a break.

1. He has led us to [B]2 AFC championship games[/B]
    2. He only started one full season at USC
    3. Last year he was crushed/sacked repeatedly b/c our OL was pathetic at
    protecting him
    4. He threw more INT b/c our line wasn't good and our running game was
    average
    5. The kid has made some mistakes, but if we were in St. Louis rather than
    NY he would be a prince rather than heavily criticized by his own Jet fan
    base
    6. We forget he's only played 3 years...what did Eli accomplish in his 3
    years?!
    7. [B][U]The Jets have changed his WRs every year or 2. He had great chemistry
    w/Braylon. We dumped Cotchery and hasn't been given a legit WR[/U][/B] outside of troublemaker, selfish etc. Holmes who the Steelers gave us for
    basically nothing b/c they wanted him out so bad.

Ladies, Gentlemen, kids please add your insight.[/QUOTE]

:clapper::clapper:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you out of your mind?

Of course our QB situation is why we run the ball so much.

Yeah, I'm certain the Jets would still implement an offense with a 60/40 run-pass ratio with Peyton at QB. :rolleyes:

This is why no one can take you seriously.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    post up a link that supports the statement that the Jets "dumped" Jeriquit Cotchery, please

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4499475]The most important thing is that everyone will know what they're doing out there, and on the same page. They'll get up to the line and run the damn play. I don't know about anyone else, but I got really sick of seeing guys looking around like they were trying to figure out what to do, and then call timeout. Sometimes we'd be late getting the plays in after a time out.[/QUOTE]

THIS guy gets it ... Every time Sanchez would start impersonating P Manning @ the LOS .... Bad things followed. He is not smart enough for that kind of approach. He will benefit greatly from sparanos straight forward approach.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dunnie;4499819]THIS guy gets it ... Every time Sanchez would start impersonating P Manning @ the LOS .... Bad things followed. He is not smart enough for that kind of approach. He will benefit greatly from sparanos straight forward approach.[/QUOTE]

Not exactly what I meant. I don't know if he's smart enough or not, but even Manning would have trouble doing all that if he got up to the line with 4 ticks left on the clock. Maybe Schotty was trying to be Manning, but Manning can do that stuff in his head, and not have to translate it to a QB before the clock runs out. They may be a new way to explain it. I know Farve refused to do it straight away, but still Schotty was late with the plays.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4499787]Are you out of your mind?

Yeah, I'm certain the Jets would still implement an offense with a 60/40 run-pass ratio with Peyton at QB. :rolleyes:

This is why no one can take you seriously.[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? When did we run the ball 60% of the time...next year? I think the point is we are not going to do that. 50% maybe. It means we're going to run to set up the pass. You don't know how good he is until you see him in a new system. No QB ever looked good under Schotty. It may be coincidence, but you don't know that...yet

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dunnie;4499819]THIS guy gets it ... Every time Sanchez would start impersonating P Manning @ the LOS .... Bad things followed. He is not smart enough for that kind of approach. He will benefit greatly from sparanos straight forward approach.[/QUOTE]

No, he's not experience enough for that kind of approach.

Fans are not smart enough to realize this though.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4499787]Are you out of your mind?

This is why no one can take you seriously.[/QUOTE]

Obviously you don't even know what ground and pound stands for, shouldn't expect you to get why they favor it.

And if the colts were more of a ground and pound team, if anyone had enough sense to see what happens to Peyton and his pass happy offense outside of their dome, maybe he'd have more than one championship.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 06-25-2012 at 09:32 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;4499869]Obviously you don't even know what ground and pound stands for, shouldn't expect you to get why they favor it.

And if the colts were more of a ground and pound team, if anyone had enough sense to see what happens to Peyton and his pass happy offense outside of their dome, maybe he'd have more than one championship.[/QUOTE]

There is not a significant difference between Manning's indoor stats versus his outdoor stats:

[url]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827b34fe/article/rain-or-shine-peyton-manning-delivers-the-goods[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4499878]There is not a significant difference between Manning's indoor stats versus his outdoor stats:

[url]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827b34fe/article/rain-or-shine-peyton-manning-delivers-the-goods[/url][/QUOTE]

Yeah, other than I was talking about his w/l record in the playoffs. Are you seriously trying to tell me that he's been the same QB in the [B]outdoor, cold weather playoff games[/B] as he has been in weather controlled confines?

I'm not talking NY, Pitt or NE in Sept. I'm talking cold, windy playoff weather.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;4499890]Yeah, other than I was talking about his w/l record in the playoffs. Are you seriously trying to tell me that he's been the same QB in the [B]outdoor, cold weather playoff games[/B] as he has been in weather controlled confines?

I'm not talking NY, Pitt or NE in Sept. I'm talking cold, windy playoff weather.[/QUOTE]

No he's not trying to tell you that because he couldn't be that [B][SIZE="3"]STUPID!!![/SIZE][/B]:eek:
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 06-25-2012 at 11:59 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Charlie Brown;4499988]No he not trying to tell you that because he couldn't be that [B][SIZE="3"]STUPID!!![/SIZE][/B]:eek:[/QUOTE]

Don't underestimate him