Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are all the Sanchez haters?!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4498536]Dump this thread.

Nothing good can come from this.

:D[/QUOTE]
    It will eventually die.

But not until Sharknuts bumps it for the next several days as it starts descending down page 1 of the Strip.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Shark99;4498236]Our kid has done all right give him a break.

1. He has led us to [B]2 AFC championship games[/B]
    2. He only started one full season at USC
    3. Last year he was crushed/sacked repeatedly b/c our OL was pathetic at
    protecting him
    4. He threw more INT b/c our line wasn't good and our running game was
    average
    5. The kid has made some mistakes, but if we were in St. Louis rather than
    NY he would be a prince rather than heavily criticized by his own Jet fan
    base
    6. We forget he's only played 3 years...what did Eli accomplish in his 3
    years?!
    7. The Jets have changed his WRs every year or 2. He had great chemistry
    w/Braylon. We dumped Cotchery and hasn't been given a legit WR
    outside of troublemaker, selfish etc. Holmes who the Steelers gave us for
    basically nothing b/c they wanted him out so bad.

Ladies, Gentlemen, kids please add your insight.[/QUOTE]

Right here! you are so, still sleep walking. When you gonna realise Sanhez will never win us a Championship, Tebow might.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez is our leader. He eats humble pie while Lebron eats arrogant cheeseburgers..

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ASG0531;4498540]This is the key right here. Sanchez doesn't have to become a more prolific passer, he just has to improve his efficiency. Cut down on the turnovers and make better decisions. The Jets aren't Grounding and Pounding by choice, they are doing so because that's their best chance at winning games. If the Jets signed Peyton they'd probably have kept Schotty and gone to a full on aerial attack.

I really do believe Sparano's offensive approach is going to make Sanchez feel a lot more comfortable and help to improve his efficiency. And maybe, just maybe, that's enough.[/QUOTE]

Well said.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4498536]Dump this thread.

Nothing good can come from this.

:D[/QUOTE]

Really? Your absolutely right...Sanchez isn't important to our team.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4498651]It will eventually die.

But not until Sharknuts bumps it for the next several days as it starts descending down page 1 of the Strip.[/QUOTE]

Another typical comment by Jordy. Who brings nothing but negativity to a great Jets Message board. Jordy doesn't start threads...only jumps on and rips others. What a great person...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Shark99;4498973]Another typical comment by Jordy. Who brings nothing but negativity to a great Jets Message board. Jordy doesn't start threads...only jumps on and rips others. What a great person...[/QUOTE]

What has Jordy said that is not true?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Shark99;4498973]Another typical comment by Jordy. Who brings nothing but negativity to a great Jets Message board. Jordy doesn't start threads...only jumps on and rips others. What a great person...[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with him on this one. How many times can you quote yourself? If you had called these Shark notes on Sanchez it would have had a life of it's own.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Shark99;4498236]Our kid has done all right give him a break.

1. He has led us to [B]2 AFC championship games[/B]
    2. He only started one full season at USC
    3. Last year he was crushed/sacked repeatedly b/c our OL was pathetic at
    protecting him
    4. He threw more INT b/c our line wasn't good and our running game was
    average
    5. The kid has made some mistakes, but if we were in St. Louis rather than
    NY he would be a prince rather than heavily criticized by his own Jet fan
    base
    [B]6. We forget he's only played 3 years...what did Eli accomplish in his 3
    years?![/B]
    7. The Jets have changed his WRs every year or 2. He had great chemistry
    w/Braylon. We dumped Cotchery and hasn't been given a legit WR
    outside of troublemaker, selfish etc. Holmes who the Steelers gave us for
    basically nothing b/c they wanted him out so bad.

Ladies, Gentlemen, kids please add your insight.[/QUOTE]

Ok, so by that standard we should expecting Sanchez to win the SB this season, right? Yeah, ok, good luck with that.:rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;4499110]Ok, so by that standard we should expecting Sanchez to win the SB this season, right? Yeah, ok, good luck with that.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Why does that have to be the comparison?

At least for me, when I compare sanchez to eli the comparison lies in the fact that they both struggled early in their careers, had their demeanor/leadership questioned, and had a large portion of their teams fans ready to send them packing. Thats all.

Yes eli won a SB in his 4th year, but if I'm not mistaken, he didn't play defense that season. It takes a lot more then a QB to win a SB, obviously its the most important ingredient, but there is a lot more to it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This has been done to death. People saying that he's fine, and arguing that he's just progressing are just not seeing what's happening in front of their eyes. He looks confused and stares down his primary receiver. Some of that has got to do with the line. No question. The other half is either Schotty's fault, or Mark's fault. He looks pretty good in the 2 min drill, and there has been enough documented evidence to suggest that Schotty overly complicates the offense for his own team, while tipping off the opposition. So I'm going to give him this full year under Sporano to see if this game slows down for him. Other people are not so patient, and they like Rex have stated their opinions as fact, and therefore find it hard to back down from them.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=eaglenj;4499132]Why does that have to be the comparison?

At least for me, when I compare sanchez to eli the comparison lies in the fact that they both struggled early in their careers, had their demeanor/leadership questioned, and had a large portion of their teams fans ready to send them packing. Thats all.

Yes eli won a SB in his 4th year, but if I'm not mistaken, he didn't play defense that season. It takes a lot more then a QB to win a SB, obviously its the most important ingredient, but there is a lot more to it.[/QUOTE]

Thank you.....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=eaglenj;4499132][B]Why does that have to be the comparison?[/B]

Yes eli won a SB in his 4th year, but if I'm not mistaken, he didn't play defense that season. It takes a lot more then a QB to win a SB, obviously its the most important ingredient, but there is a lot more to it.[/QUOTE]

I don't know. Why does that have to be the comparison?

I'm not the one who made the comparison, Shark99 did. I just followed the same comparison on down the line. If he's going through the same arduous process as Eli did, then isn't he on schedule to win the SB this season?

Not saying it is impossible, but damn near it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;4499220]I don't know. Why does that have to be the comparison?

I'm not the one who made the comparison, Shark99 did. I just followed the same comparison on down the line. If he's going through the same arduous process as Eli did, then isn't he on schedule to win the SB this season?

Not saying it is impossible, but damn near it.[/QUOTE]

Sanchez has a lot to prove. Many wrote off Eli early on in his career and wanted him out as the Gmen Qb. Now look how far he has come. He made nobody Wrs into stars..

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4499135]This has been done to death. People saying that he's fine, and arguing that he's just progressing are just not seeing what's happening in front of their eyes. He looks confused and stares down his primary receiver. Some of that has got to do with the line. No question. The other half is either Schotty's fault, or Mark's fault. He looks pretty good in the 2 min drill, and there has been enough documented evidence to suggest that Schotty overly complicates the offense for his own team, while tipping off the opposition. So I'm going to give him this full year under Sporano to see if this game slows down for him. Other people are not so patient, and they like Rex have stated their opinions as fact, and therefore find it hard to back down from them.[/QUOTE]

You make valid points. It will be interesting to see how/if he develops under Sporano..

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4498596]Does it help to have a QB who is capable of posting those numbers? You bet your ass it does.

But I don't buy this bullsh*t for one second that "Ground and Pound" is dead and you can only win a championship if you're throwing the ball all over the place.

The Steelers have won two Superbowls in the last 7 years with that philosophy while appearing in another. We made it within 30 minutes of the Superbowl two years in a row with that mindset and we were a couple of blown chances from seeing a San Fran vs Baltimore matchup last season.

[B]R[B]unning the football and playing great defense has been an effective, winning formula in this game since its inception. A couple of guys throwing for 5,000 yards isn't going to change that.[/QUOTE]
    [/B]
    [/B]

running the ball has won

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4499098]What has Jordy said that is not true?[/QUOTE]

A Patriots fans. Welcome aboard Brady...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Shark99;4499237]Sanchez has a lot to prove. Many wrote off Eli early on in his career and wanted him out as the Gmen Qb. Now look how far he has come. He made nobody Wrs into stars..[/QUOTE]

Exactly and IMO the talent level around Eli Manning on the offensive side of the ball was far superior to what Sanchez has had to work with not even close.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Shark99;4499237]Sanchez has a lot to prove. Many wrote off Eli early on in his career and wanted him out as the Gmen Qb. Now look how far he has come. He made nobody Wrs into stars..[/QUOTE]

The entire offense has a lot to prove.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Charlie Brown;4499251]Exactly and IMO the talent level around Eli Manning on the offensive side of the ball was far superior to what Sanchez has had to work with not even close.[/QUOTE]

Excellent point.