Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Where are all the Sanchez haters?!

All Pro
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4500532]Brady is a 1st ballot HOF QB.

Is Taco?[/QUOTE]

Time for another vacation

[QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4500648]Since Spygate came out (back in 2006) ala the Patriots losing a first round draft pick and coach Belichick getting fined for cheating... How many SB's have Belichick, Brady and the Patriots won dating back to 2006? It's been 6 years and counting and they've yet to win an honest/legit super bowl. So yes, Brady will go into the hall of fame, but those records and asterisk ***Super Bowls*** will always, and forever, be tainted.[/QUOTE]

You mean 2007, stat-master. And I would just suggest stop. Because I know this isn't going anywhere, you know it's not going anywhere, they all out there know it's not going anywhere. Same for TX. Do the mods a favor.

And the Pats haven't won a SB in 8 years, so that's cool, thanks for forgetting.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 06-25-2012 at 08:27 PM.

[QUOTE=sg3;4500654]Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    Brady is a 1st ballot HOF QB.

Is Taco?

somebody ban this racist troll

maybe Taco is considered funny

>>> in a [I][B]stinkhole[/B][/I] like Texas <<< The history rich Lone Star state.

but in the 'civilized sections' of the NY CITY, United States, not so much[/QUOTE]

:rolleyes:

Banned
    [QUOTE=sg3;4500654]Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    Brady is a 1st ballot HOF QB.

Is Taco?

somebody ban this racist troll

maybe Taco is considered funny in a stinkhole like Texas but in the civilized sections of the United States, not so much[/QUOTE]

Thought you had me on ignore?

[QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4500631]But he's not a great QB. He doesn't have a 3:1 TD/INT ratio. Only great QB's make the HOF. The last time I checked, Tom Brady wasn't elected/selected into the Hall of Fame yet, has he? Not with a TD/INT ratio of less than 3:1 he's not... He's like 45 TD's away from a 3:1 ratio.[/QUOTE]

Heck, that's nothing dude.

Peyton Manning Career - 399 TD's to 198 Ints for a 2.015 TD/Int Ratio

Joe Namath - Only 4 of his 8 NFL season did he have over a 50% Completion rate, his BEST year was only a 52.9% completion rate.

But the real kicker is his [B]76 TD's to 116 Ints, for a .0635 to 1 TD/Int Ratio,,,,,, [/B][I]WTF?[/I]

[U]Joe Freakin' Threw 40 MORE INTS than TD's????[/U]

But Tebow in just his [I]first[/I] 16 NFL starts, with little to no-help, had 19 TD's to just 9 Ints,
    for a 2.11 TD/Int Ratio, has/is:
    He did that while also taking a beating rushing for 950 yds 5.3 ypc and 13 more TD's.

A crappy/ugly throwing motion; (that's only been picked off a total of just 9 times in his first 400 NFL pass attempts.

A weak arm,,,, (but somehow getting a 15.4 Yds/Comp average).

An inaccurate thrower, low Comp %, (like Namath) but with a 75 PER unlike Joe's 50 something. (his receivers had 21 drops)

And he can't read defenses, even though he's 9-7, with 3,800+ total yds, 5.3 ypc running, and has 2+ TD's for every Turnover.

Funny what makes up Great QB, 3.0
    A Good QB, 2.0

or a 2.11 QB that can NEVER become even a [I]good[/I] NFL QB,,,
    because moron claims that it's so because he has [I]'watched'[/I] him play.... :rolleyes:

Not a single negative, biased, or prejudiced opinion about Tebow is ever
    expressed by anybody, and Tim's always treated fairly by everyone.....:rolleyes:

Just ask any of the Great or Good Jet posters here, (but not their designated trolls),
    cause those Great/Good posters always be willing to give your their [I]best and untarnished[/I] opinions. ;)
    Last edited by Jet-T's; 06-25-2012 at 09:38 PM.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Jet-T's;4500727]

Joe Namath - Only 4 of his 8 NFL season did he have over a 50% Completion rate, his BEST year was only a 52.9% completion rate.

But the real kicker is his [B]76 TD's to 116 Ints, for a .0635 to 1 TD/Int Ratio,,,,,, [/B][I]WTF?[/I]

[/QUOTE]

Are you 12 years old?

If so, my apologies.

Joe Namath literally changed the face of the NFL with his career.

Do you really know how different the game was in the '60's versus how it is played today?

Obviously, you don't.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4500798]Are you 12 years old?

If so, my apologies.

Do you really know how different the game was in the '60's versus how it is played today?

Obviously, you don't.[/QUOTE]

No he doesn't know what he is talking about and would you please stop baiting the kids on Sanchez in your other posts you know as well as anyone that Sanchez has a chance to be ok just so long as the Jet organization doesn't blow itl!!!

Banned
    [QUOTE=Charlie Brown;4500805]No he doesn't know what he is talking about and would you please stop baiting the kids on Sanchez in your other posts you know as well as anyone that Sanchez has a chance to be ok just so long as the Jet organization doesn't blow itl!!![/QUOTE]

WTF Lucy, I give Joe Willie the ultimate kuddos and you bust my balls? :eek:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4500814]WTF Lucy, I give Joe Willie the ultimate kuddos and you bust my balls? :eek:[/QUOTE]

I was agreeing with you on the Namath part my friend......

Banned
    [QUOTE=Charlie Brown;4500816]I was agreeing with you on the Namath part my friend......[/QUOTE]

Just re-read that CB, my apologies.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jet-T's;4500727]Heck, that's nothing dude.

Peyton Manning Career - 399 TD's to 198 Ints for a 2.015 TD/Int Ratio

But Tebow in just his [I]first[/I] 16 NFL starts, with little to no-help, had 19 TD's to just 9 Ints,
    for a 2.11 TD/Int Ratio, has/is:
    He did that while also taking a beating rushing for 950 yds 5.3 ypc and 13 more TD's.

A crappy/ugly throwing motion; (that's only been picked off a total of just 9 times in his first 400 NFL pass attempts.

A weak arm,,,, (but somehow getting a 15.4 Yds/Comp average).

An inaccurate thrower, low Comp %, (like Namath) but with a 75 PER unlike Joe's 50 something. (his receivers had 21 drops)

And he can't read defenses, even though he's 9-7, with 3,800+ total yds, 5.3 ypc running, and has 2+ TD's for every Turnover.

Funny what makes up Great QB, 3.0
    A Good QB, 2.0

or a 2.11 QB that can NEVER become even a [I]good[/I] NFL QB,,,
    because moron claims that it's so because he has [I]'watched'[/I] him play.... :rolleyes:

Not a single negative, biased, or prejudiced opinion about Tebow is ever
    expressed by anybody, and Tim's always treated fairly by everyone.....:rolleyes:

Just ask any of the Great or Good Jet posters here, (but not their designated trolls),
    cause those Great/Good posters always be willing to give your their [I]best and untarnished[/I] opinions. ;)[/QUOTE]

Geebus H. Cripes is this going to be a long off season....:(

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4500798]Are you 12 years old?

If so, my apologies.

Obviously, you don't.[/QUOTE]

And so yet another rhetorical idiot pops up to display his vast knowledge and incomparable experience. :rolleyes:

Naw, I'm totally clueless about 60's Pro football. But how about the 1950's before Broadway Joe was even invented by the NY media.

Johnny Unitas was drafted in the 9th round in 1955 by the Steelers. They let him go because then Steelers Head Coach Walt Kiesling had made up his mind about Unitas; he somehow thought him not smart enough to QB an NFL team. The opposite would prove to be true, as Unitas would become one of the greatest on-field leaders of all time, [B]while also introducing the 2-minute drill offense to the NFL that he ran to prefection with WR Raymond Berry.[/B]

In 1956 Unitas joined the Baltimore Colts of the NFL under legendary coach Weeb Ewbank, much to the chagrin of the Cleveland Browns, who had hoped to claim the rejected Steeler QB. He threw 9 TD passes that part time year, including one in the season finale that started his NFL record 47 consecutive games with at least one TD pass streak. His 55.6% completion mark was an NFL rookie record. (Joe's best ever was only a 52.9%)

In 1957, Johnny's first season as the Colts full-time starter at QB, he finished first in the NFL in passing yards (2,550) and TD passes (24) as he helped lead the Colts to a 7-5 record, the first winning record in franchise history.

Unitas had many MVP seasons. 1964 was one of Unitas' best as he finished with 2,824 yards passing, a league-best 9.26 yards per pass attempt, 19 TD passes and only 6 Ints for a 3.17 to 1 Ratio. :eek:

He followed that in 1965 with another fine year as he threw for 2,530 yards, 23 touchdowns and finished with a league-high 97.1 passer rating.

In 1967 Unitas had a 58.5% completion percentage and passed for 3,428 yards and 20 TD's.

I also seem to remember QB's from that era like a Bama/Green Bay QB Bart Starr being pretty good too. Starr had a career 57.4% rate with 152 TD's to 138 Ints for a better than 1 to 1 Ratio. He played from 1956 to 1971 so I think that covers the 1960's pretty well also.

I remember Joe having one great season along with some great games, but he was not an all time great QB imoho, just a great occasional game day QB with one SB win in his 8 years. Johnny and Joe were 1-1 in their 2 head to head matchups btw.

TD Johnny was the first 40,000 yard QB. He was also the first to throw for 30+ TD's (32) in a single season. His 47-game passing TD streak between 1956 and 1960 is a record that still stands and is considered by many to be the football equivalent of Joe DiMaggios 56-game hitting streak.

Unitas only had a single season with less than a 50% completion rate, and that was his final season at age 40 in 1973 when he threw for only 44.7%.

So now why don't you tell me, or better yet show me what you actually 'know' about the Broadway Joe and the 60's era in Pro football..... :P

Banned
    [QUOTE=Jet-T's;4500873]And so yet another rhetorical idiot pops up to display his vast knowledge and incomparable experience. :rolleyes:

Naw, I'm totally clueless about 60's Pro football. But how about the 1950's before Broadway Joe was even invented by the NY media.

Johnny Unitas was drafted in the 9th round in 1955 by the Steelers. They let him go because then Steelers Head Coach Walt Kiesling had made up his mind about Unitas; he somehow thought him not smart enough to QB an NFL team. The opposite would prove to be true, as Unitas would become one of the greatest on-field leaders of all time, [B]while also introducing the 2-minute drill offense to the NFL that he ran to prefection with WR Raymond Berry.[/B]

In 1956 Unitas joined the Baltimore Colts of the NFL under legendary coach Weeb Ewbank, much to the chagrin of the Cleveland Browns, who had hoped to claim the rejected Steeler QB. He threw 9 TD passes that part time year, including one in the season finale that started his NFL record 47 consecutive games with at least one TD pass streak. His 55.6% completion mark was an NFL rookie record. (Joe's best ever was only a 52.9%)

In 1957, Johnny's first season as the Colts full-time starter at QB, he finished first in the NFL in passing yards (2,550) and TD passes (24) as he helped lead the Colts to a 7-5 record, the first winning record in franchise history.

Unitas had many MVP seasons. 1964 was one of Unitas' best as he finished with 2,824 yards passing, a league-best 9.26 yards per pass attempt, 19 TD passes and only 6 Ints for a 3.17 to 1 Ratio. :eek:

He followed that in 1965 with another fine year as he threw for 2,530 yards, 23 touchdowns and finished with a league-high 97.1 passer rating.

In 1967 Unitas had a 58.5% completion percentage and passed for 3,428 yards and 20 TD's.

I also seem to remember QB's from that era like a Bama/Green Bay QB Bart Starr being pretty good too. Starr had a career 57.4% rate with 152 TD's to 138 Ints for a better than 1 to 1 Ratio. He played from 1956 to 1971 so I think that covers the 1960's pretty well also.

I remember Joe having one great season along with some great games, but he was not an all time great QB imoho, just a great occasional game day QB with one SB win in his 8 years. Johnny and Joe were 1-1 in their 2 head to head matchups btw.

TD Johnny was the first 40,000 yard QB. He was also the first to throw for 30+ TD's (32) in a single season. His 47-game passing TD streak between 1956 and 1960 is a record that still stands and is considered by many to be the football equivalent of Joe DiMaggios 56-game hitting streak.

Unitas only had a single season with less than a 50% completion rate, and that was his final season at age 40 in 1973 when he threw for only 44.7%.

So now why don't you tell me, or better yet show me what you actually 'know' about the Broadway Joe and the 60's era in Pro football..... :P[/QUOTE]

Great post. I enjoy reads like this, and have lots of respect for the old time fans, such as yourself, who actually post with knowledge of the game. With all that said, Tim Tebow is a very good and can become a great football player, but in regards to being a pure passer? Sanchez is our guy.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4500875]Great post. I enjoy loquacious posts like this, it reminds me of somebody[/QUOTE]
    Fixed

All Pro
    Unitas was also playing on an all star team not an AFL team. Not that he wasn't great, but most people would agree that he had more talent around him. Besides style counts, and chicks dig the long ball.

[QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4500875]Great post. I enjoy reads like this, and have lots of respect for the old time fans, such as yourself, who actually post with knowledge of the game. With all that said, Tim Tebow is a very good and can become a great football player, but in regards to being a pure passer? Sanchez is our guy.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. :)

I have said to start with and repeatedly that I'm fine with Mark as the starter at QB. :yes:

However, the passing results of each of them is right there for anyone to see, (who wishes to).

Tebow Passing - 19 TD's to just 9 Ints for a 2.11 to 1 Ratio (but he can't pass the ball)

Overall Offense - 32 TD's to just 16 Turnovers
    Leading to an 8-6 + 1-1 = 9-7 W/L Record
    (for an otherwise chitty 4-14 donkey team)

The [B]BIGGEST BE-ACH[/B] of the Jet's coaches is the killer [B]TURNOVERS.[/B]

I'm not dissing on Mark at all.
    I'm just defending Tebow from the absolute lies and total fabrications about his overall QB'ing abilities.

And if Mark does well now, Tebow will eventually get his shot with another team,
    which will be well and good for all concerned. Hating on Tim is just so unnecessary imoho. :(