Thread: Michigan in Play

Michigan in Play

Mitchell Research 6/18 - 6/18 750 LV 47 46 Obama +1
    WeAskAmerica 6/18 - 6/18 1010 LV 43 45 Romney +2
    Rasmussen Reports 6/14 - 6/14 500 LV 50 42 Obama +8
    Baydoun/Foster (D) 6/12 - 6/12 1783 LV 47 46 Obama +1
    EPIC-MRA 6/2 - 6/5 600 LV 45 46 Romney +1

These are the 4 most recent polls in Michigan. This is an interesting development as many would have considered MI a long shot for a GOP candidate. I am starting to think that one or two of PA, MI and WI will go Red this year. There are virtually no realistic scenarios that have Obama losing in MI or any one of those three Rust Belt States and winning the election.

All Pro
    I could see Romney winning PA. I'd be stunned if he pulled off Michigan.

All Pro
    I know this is a dumb question but Mich is a Dem stronghold b/c of auto industry labor unions, yes?

[QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4498508]I know this is a dumb question but Mich is a Dem stronghold b/c of auto industry labor unions, yes?[/QUOTE]

It is a combo of labor union type "Reagan Democrats" and the Detroit with its minority population.

[QUOTE=Austin;4498472]I could see Romney winning PA. I'd be stunned if he pulled off Michigan.[/QUOTE]

PA is going to be tough. Corbett is giving away sh1t to big oil and it's not going very well for him at all.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4498570]It is a combo of labor union type "Reagan Democrats" and the Detroit with its minority population.[/QUOTE]

Right, thanks.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=cr726;4498634]PA is going to be tough. Corbett is giving away sh1t to big oil and it's not going very well for him at all.[/QUOTE]

Not trying to be an ass, can you elaborate. I know...google...

[QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4498668]Not trying to be an ass, can you elaborate. I know...google...[/QUOTE]

Barack's energy policy is very unpopular in States in which coal or gas is a big industry. Pennsylvania is one of those. In PA the majority of the State leans Red. Philadelphia is very blue however and normally delivers the state due to Philly's large population. Romney will need to do very well in the Suburban Philidelphia area to take the state.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4498681]Barack's energy policy is very unpopular in States in which coal or gas is a big industry. Pennsylvania is one of those. In PA the majority of the State leans Red. Philadelphia is very blue however and normally delivers the state due to Philly's large population. Romney will need to do very well in the Suburban Philidelphia area to take the state.[/QUOTE]

I would imagine the Pittsburgh area will be Romney friendly?

[QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4498694]I would imagine the Pittsburgh area will be Romney friendly?[/QUOTE]

Very much so. Much whiter and more blue collar then Philly. The factory workers and construction worker types have been crushed in this economy. They stand to benefit the most from expansions in energy exploitation. Gas field engineers make 100K+ in most areas. Many work in the Coal industry currently under attack by Obama and the EPA.

All Pro
    Seems to me that the EPA mostly claims eminent domain and protected land and let's chem and pharma companies write their own pollution level limits. Useless.

[QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4498668]Not trying to be an ass, can you elaborate. I know...google...[/QUOTE]

Corbett's approval rating is dropping.

[url]http://www.philly.com/philly/news/politics/Corbetts-Shell-game-A-brand-new-way-to-frack-our-school-kids.html[/url]