Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Sanchez has new attitude - Schein

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=GuidoYaztremski;4499715]That, or now that he's watched Sanchez play for 3 seasons as a bottom 3rd QB, with little improvement, he has to admit he was wrong in the first place?

Maybe?[/QUOTE]

Yea clown that is the answer!!!:rolleyes:

Good Grief!!!!:eek:

Jets Insider VIP
    why do you bother to even respond to that chowd troll ignoramus who has been permabanned at JI twice?

Good Grief

[QUOTE=Darook;4498658][url]http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/new-york-jets-mark-sanchez-has-new-attitude-062112[/url][/QUOTE]

What Schein said in the last paragraph is exactly what I've been talking about. I think the Jets defense is going to be better this season. I've been saying number 1 overall and apart from going through an injury bug, I think it will happen.

I really don't have any faith in Sanchez. I just hope he gets better. It's no stretch to think the Jets could be knocking on the SB door is Sanchez can just take a step forward.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;4500178]What Schein said in the last paragraph is exactly what I've been talking about. I think the Jets defense is going to be better this season. [B][U]I've been saying number 1 overall[/U][/B] and apart from going through an injury bug, I think it will happen.

[/QUOTE]

So with the additions of Landry, Bell and Coples, you really think the Jets will have a better defense than the Steelers, Texans, 49ers and Ravens?

Good luck with that.

Banned
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4500280]So with the additions of Landry, Bell and Coples, you really think the Jets will have a better defense than the Steelers, Texans, 49ers and Ravens?

Good luck with that.[/QUOTE]

You forgot to mention that Wilkerson and Ellis are no longer rookies. Kyle Wilson is heading into his 3rd season. This is Aaron Maybin first offseason with the Jets. LaRon Landry and Bell create for the strongest safety duo we've ever had under coach Ryan. Much better than Leonhard/Smith. We drafted an IMLB with lots of speed/potential/leadership qualities in Demario Davis (3rd round). DeVito is coming back from injury, which is huge for our defensive front etc, etc.

You also forgot that Suggs is out for the Ravens. Where is there outside pass rush going to come from? Suggs has put up 25 sacks over the past two seasons. Who else on the Raves roster can match that production? With Suggs being out, that means more double teams on Ngata without having to worry about a freak of nature crushing their quarterback. You forgot to mention how Ed Reed is no longer the Ed Reed of his prime years, or that Ray Lewis is aging.

Last but not least, in 2009 the Jets ranked #1 as a defense. In 2010 we ranked 4th overall. We've finished top 5 during two of the three seasons under Rex Ryan and this is by far, our strongest group of players he's ever coached since arriving to New York. How many times have the Steelers, Texans, Ravens and 49ers ranked top 5 in defense over the past 3 years?

You also forgot to mention that Mario Williams is no longer a Houston Texan.

You're so busy bashing the Jets, where it's obvious you don't follow the Patriots or any other team for that matter. You list the Ravens and Texans as being better D's than the Jets this up coming season, but completely fail to mention how the Ravens are without Suggs and the Texans lost the best pass rusher around in Williams. Good job old man.

Banned
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4500374]and the Texans lost the best pass rusher around in Williams. Good job old man.[/QUOTE]

In case you missed it, the Texans had a much better defense down the stretch [B][U]without[/U][/B] Mario Williams.

I'd take the Texans defense (and Wade Phillips) over the Jets defense any day of the week.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4500382]In case you missed it, the Texans had a much better defense down the stretch [B][U]without[/U][/B] Mario Williams.

I'd take the Texans defense (and Wade Phillips) over the Jets defense any day of the week.[/QUOTE]

The Texans D was decent for 1 season. The Jets D has been a perennial force to be reckoned with, ever since Rex became our HC.

But don't let your stupid bias cloud your judgement. :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4500382]In case you missed it, the Texans had a much better defense down the stretch [B][U]without[/U][/B] Mario Williams.

I'd take the Texans defense (and Wade Phillips) over the Jets defense any day of the week.[/QUOTE]

Maybe, but I just don't see how the Texans and 9ers can replicate last years defensive dominance.

That is not to say, that they wont be good, but its kind of like a players next year after a career year. I would be very shocked if they are both as imposing next year.

I'm sick of off-season fluff pieces.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4500374]You forgot to mention that Wilkerson and Ellis are no longer rookies. Kyle Wilson is heading into his 3rd season. This is Aaron Maybin first offseason with the Jets. LaRon Landry and Bell create for the strongest safety duo we've ever had under coach Ryan. Much better than Leonhard/Smith. We drafted an IMLB with lots of speed/potential/leadership qualities in Demario Davis (3rd round). DeVito is coming back from injury, which is huge for our defensive front etc, etc.

You also forgot that Suggs is out for the Ravens. Where is there outside pass rush going to come from? Suggs has put up 25 sacks over the past two seasons. Who else on the Raves roster can match that production? With Suggs being out, that means more double teams on Ngata without having to worry about a freak of nature crushing their quarterback. You forgot to mention how Ed Reed is no longer the Ed Reed of his prime years, or that Ray Lewis is aging.

Last but not least, in 2009 the Jets ranked #1 as a defense. In 2010 we ranked 4th overall. We've finished top 5 during two of the three seasons under Rex Ryan and this is by far, our strongest group of players he's ever coached since arriving to New York. How many times have the Steelers, Texans, Ravens and 49ers ranked top 5 in defense over the past 3 years?

You also forgot to mention that Mario Williams is no longer a Houston Texan.

You're so busy bashing the Jets, where it's obvious you don't follow the Patriots or any other team for that matter. You list the Ravens and Texans as being better D's than the Jets this up coming season, but completely fail to mention how the Ravens are without Suggs and the Texans lost the best pass rusher around in Williams. Good job old man.[/QUOTE]

Only 8 current names off the roster?

You've changed.

Here in 2012.:cool:

Banned
    [QUOTE=dustykeller;4500385]The Texans D was decent for 1 season. The Jets D has been a perennial force to be reckoned with, ever since Rex became our HC.

[/QUOTE]

And how many AFCE titles, AFC Conference championships and Super Bowl titles has that "so-called" great defense delivered?

All League
    At the end of the day points allowed is the most important stat for a D. The 2010-2011 Pats D had a horrid overall ranking but was middle of the pack in points allowed.

Banned
    [QUOTE=PatriotReign;4500622]At the end of the day points allowed is the most important stat for a D. The 2010-2011 Pats D had a horrid overall ranking but was middle of the pack in points allowed.[/QUOTE]

Better than the Jets. :yes:

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4500627]Better than the Jets. :yes:[/QUOTE]

Defense? No... As a team, sure...

[QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4500628]Defense? No... As a team, sure...[/QUOTE]

I think he means statistically, as in the Pats allowed fewer points than the Jets.

Hall Of Fame
    Every thread. Every ****ing thread. It's so pathetic.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;4500635]Every thread. Every ****ing thread. It's so pathetic.[/QUOTE]

Unreal isnt it?

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4500280]So with the additions of Landry, Bell and Coples, you really think the Jets will have a better defense than the Steelers, Texans, 49ers and Ravens?

Good luck with that.[/QUOTE]

It's a few big plays here and there. It truly is a game of inches. The Jets were ranked 5th overall in the league just last season. Most of the reason why they sunk to 5th was due to a major need at Safety and not much of a pass rush. In fact, it pains me to say it, but even the pathetic, sh*tty, bush league pass rush of the Patsies was probably better. That's how bad it was.

Those two areas were really bad and yet they still ranked 5th overall.

I don't see that being the case any longer. The big plays right in the middle of the defense? I do not think that'll be there any longer. Bell and Landry (assuming they stay healthy) will close that gap in short order. The Jets may have also finally found themselves a pass rush. Coples, to me, looks like the real deal. We already know Maybin is going to get his share of sacks, pressures, strips.

It all looks better to me. What gives me even more confidence is the fact Rex knows defense more than just about everyone. When he says the defense needs something, people would be wise to listen.

Rex thought the defense needed the things the Jets FO chose to attack. The FO addressed what Rex wanted to have addressed.

But even moreso I'll take his word for it LONG before I'd take yours.:O

All Pro

and that is why you are a joke, and they let you stay around here to laugh at until you forget your place.

[QUOTE=Mainejet;4500646]It's a few big plays here and there. It truly is a game of inches. The Jets were ranked 5th overall in the league just last season. Most of the reason why they sunk to 5th was due to a major need at Safety and not much of a pass rush. In fact, it pains me to say it, but even the pathetic, sh*tty, bush league pass rush of the Patsies was probably better. That's how bad it was.

Those two areas were really bad and yet they still ranked 5th overall.

I don't see that being the case any longer. The big plays right in the middle of the defense? I do not think that'll be there any longer. [B]Bell and Landry (assuming they stay healthy)[/B] will close that gap in short order. The Jets may have also finally found themselves a pass rush. Coples, to me, looks like the real deal. We already know Maybin is going to get his share of sacks, pressures, strips.

It all looks better to me. What gives me even more confidence is the fact Rex knows defense more than just about everyone. When he says the defense needs something, people would be wise to listen.

Rex thought the defense needed the things the Jets FO chose to attack. The FO addressed what Rex wanted to have addressed.

But even moreso I'll take his word for it LONG before I'd take yours.:O[/QUOTE]

I'm with ya, but that's a BIG assumption my man.