Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Sanchez has new attitude - Schein

[QUOTE=Mainejet;4500646]It's a few big plays here and there. It truly is a game of inches. The Jets were ranked 5th overall in the league just last season. Most of the reason why they sunk to 5th was due to a major need at Safety and not much of a pass rush. In fact, it pains me to say it, but even the pathetic, sh*tty, bush league pass rush of the Patsies was probably better. That's how bad it was.

Those two areas were really bad and yet they still ranked 5th overall.

I don't see that being the case any longer. The big plays right in the middle of the defense? I do not think that'll be there any longer. Bell and Landry (assuming they stay healthy) will close that gap in short order. The Jets may have also finally found themselves a pass rush. Coples, to me, looks like the real deal. We already know Maybin is going to get his share of sacks, pressures, strips.

It all looks better to me. What gives me even more confidence is the fact Rex knows defense more than just about everyone. When he says the defense needs something, people would be wise to listen.

Rex thought the defense needed the things the Jets FO chose to attack. The FO addressed what Rex wanted to have addressed.

But even moreso I'll take his word for it LONG before I'd take yours.:O[/QUOTE]

I have to agree that the Jets D has the potential to be scary good this year. There is, however, a reliance on a few key rooks and second year guys.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;4500646]

But even moreso I'll take his word for it LONG before I'd take yours.:O

[/QUOTE]

Fair enough Maine, Rex predicted 2 Super Bowl titles in the last two years, and I said the Jets couldn't even win the AFCE.

Who was right? ;)

All Pro
    [QUOTE=GuidoYaztremski;4500676]I have to agree that the Jets D has the potential to be scary good this year. There is, however, a reliance on a few key rooks and second year guys.[/QUOTE]

Rex is taking back control of the D. He turned Mangini's D into the number 1 defense in the league. Those rookies are to add speed and depth for a rotation. If they work out the way we hope that'll be great, but if not then maybe we'll only be top 5. If we just have a more consistent offense, we're back to #1, or 2. That's no stretch.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4500280]So with the additions of Landry, Bell and Coples, you really think the Jets will have a better defense than the Steelers, Texans, 49ers and Ravens?

Good luck with that.[/QUOTE]

Just those 3 additions?

You are a pathetic dumbass troll

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4500382]In case you missed it, the Texans had a much better defense down the stretch [B][U]without[/U][/B] Mario Williams.

I'd take the Texans defense (and Wade Phillips) over the Jets defense any day of the week.[/QUOTE]

:rolleyes:

But Williams is a huge pick-up for the Bills?

49,000 posts

49,000 times your head goes up your ass

The Texans defense jab is comical

I guess you get a free pass around here during the off-season for the hits

How pathetic your life really is, trolling a Jets message board for kicks 24x7

:shakehead

Banned
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4500758]

The Texans defense jab is comical

[/QUOTE]

That defense got the Texans to a divisional round playoff game with thier 3rd string QB.

That "phenominal" Jets defense got them to a frggn' mediocre 8-8 season.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jetworks;4499569]Umm, Sanchez also throws the ball extremely well on the run and, until last year, was quite adept at keeping plays alive while staying in the pocket as well. I understand that doesn't line up well with your agenda, hence your leaving it out of the "argument".

Your version of his being asked to carry the team sounds like the same old tired [B]quatrains [/B]put forth by the clueless media about "increased throws" and whatnot. Asking someone to do something that they don't necessarily excel at repeatedly (like throw quick 8 yard slants to short receivers over a collapsing pocket) usually results in a low success rate. If you watched the games like you profess, than you would see (and possibly even admit) that. Instead, you sound like the boar-hunter of the great NE state of Maine.

If Sanchez only throws the ball 15-22 times a game, this team will not finish over .500. It's a passing league. The lowest he's ever thrown was 24/game, his rookie year, with the other 2 years +30 attempts, with a higher (albeit still unsatisfactory) completion percentage to boot. Stubborn little things, facts are.

Cue the accusations of my being a Sanchez apologist....[/QUOTE]

Holy Nostrodamus batman! :eek:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=GuidoYaztremski;4500676]I have to agree that the Jets D has the potential to be scary good this year. There is, however, a reliance on a few key rooks and second year guys.[/QUOTE]
    And maybe a veteran or two staying healthy and/or recapturing the form from their youth.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4500779]That defense got the Texans to a divisional round playoff game with thier 3rd string QB.

That "phenominal" Jets defense got them to a frggn' mediocre 8-8 season.[/QUOTE]

The defense did not get the Texans to the playoffs, the offense did

The jets defense was ranked #1, 3, and 5 in the last 3 years

Kill yourself

Banned
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4500807]

The jets defense was ranked #1, 3, and 5 in the last 3 years

[/QUOTE]

Tebow goes 98 yards in the final 4:00 of the game.

Giants have a 3rd and 9 from the 1-yard line and score a 99-yard TD

Pats run the ball down the Jets throat in the 1st game.

Pats averaged 34 points per game against that "top rated defense" in sweeping both games.

Your defense is nothing more than a mirage.

Top defensive teams don't finish the season at 8-8.

[QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;4500635]Every thread. Every ****ing thread. It's so pathetic.[/QUOTE]

Truth

Mods: Please dump PatsFanTx

Or least deny his access to the Jets board. He can make his lame arse inside jokes on the Hamper for all I care

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4500819]

Top defensive teams don't finish the season at 8-8.[/QUOTE]

The Jets were 5th in yards allowed in 2011

What's funny is the team that finished 5th in yards allowed in 2009, a top defensive team by the name of the Pittsburgh Steelers, did not make the playoffs either

Honestly, why is this guy allowed to post here?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Rexipus Rex;4500825]Truth

Mods: Please dump PatsFanTx

Or least deny his access to the Jets board. He can make his lame arse inside jokes on the Hamper for all I care[/QUOTE]

He's not even trying to be clever anymore. You can't have a discussion with him, and he turns every thread bitter because he only answers people that show they are getting annoyed. I understand why they gave him another chance, but he forgets where he is, and his status here. I think it would be wise to send him back on hiatus. Any new members, really seem to be turned off by him, and I don't blame them. He brings the whole forum down with his incessant demeaning of any Jets accomplishments, or optimism. He used to be a little witty. Now maybe he's off his meds, or maybe his wife left him, but he needs to be learn his place.

TX may be trolling in the way he posts, but he did just post some very salient reasons as to why the Jets as a #5 defense on paper wasn't indicative of a top 5 defense on the field. Who really watched those plays and said to themselves, "I'm looking at a top 5 NFL defense?"

All Pro
    [QUOTE=ASG0531;4500849]TX may be trolling in the way he posts, but he did just post some very salient reasons as to why the Jets as a #5 defense on paper wasn't indicative of a top 5 defense on the field. Who really watched those plays and said to themselves, "I'm looking at a top 5 NFL defense?"[/QUOTE]

Well just maybe that's why we're moving to more of a 4 down lineman 1 gap defense, and Rex will be installing the game plans, and calling plays. I don't think anyone needs to look up his resume, to know it's pretty damn good. Anyone that says the Bills defense will be better, is a fool, or lying, or both.

Banned
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4500779]That defense got the Texans to a divisional round playoff game with thier 3rd string QB.

That "phenominal" Jets defense got them to a frggn' mediocre 8-8 season.[/QUOTE]

I would say that you're nothing more than a troll, but you're worse than that; you've became a hypocrite over the years. So, you're now giving the Texans defense credit for the Texans making it to the divisional round with a 3rd string quarterback, but refusing to mention the fact that our #1 and #4 ranked defenses led (as you would say) "a career backup, nothing more than a scrub, always will be a JAG" in Sanchez to two AFC Championship games during a three year span while also eliminating quarterbacks and teams such as Carson Palmer and the Bengals in Cincy, Philip Rivers and the Chargers in SD, Peyton Manning and the Colts in Indy and last but not least, Tom Brady and the Patriots in NE. You're a class act PatsFanTx, you really are full of nothing but class.

Good job in regards to the Texans defense beating a rookie QB in Dalton at home in Texas during the first round of the playoffs too. :rolleyes:

Since 2009: The Texans defense has led the Texans to a 1-1 playoff record and an overall record (including the playoffs) of 26-24.

Since 2009: The N.Y Jets defense has led the Jets to a 4-2 playoff record and an overall record (including the playoffs) of 32-22.

Lets not forget the fact that, since 2009, the Texans defense has only been without Matt Schaub during 8 games. The Jets on the other hand? Have been forced to play (as you would say) 52 games with a "piece of trash JAG of a quarterback in Sanchez".

It's no question who's had the better defense dating back to 2009 ala when Rex arrived. And the answer isn't the Texans either.

[QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4500854]Well just maybe that's why we're moving to more of a 4 down lineman 1 gap defense, and Rex will be installing the game plans, and calling plays. I don't think anyone needs to look up his resume, to know it's pretty damn good. Anyone that says the Bills defense will be better, is a fool, or lying, or both.[/QUOTE]

Whoa! Don't confuse me with TX, even though I quote him sometimes. For the record I like what the Jets are doing on defense and think if everything falls in place they will be scary.

Oh wait, you were referring to Rex, not TX. Everything still applies.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 06-26-2012 at 01:58 AM.

Rules are for those that lack self-discipline...

[QUOTE=Charlie Brown;4498752]"It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority."
    -- Benjamin Franklin --

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
    --Abraham Lincoln -- [/QUOTE]

There are 3 kinds of votes for every soverign citizen.
    1. The election vote at the polls.
    2. The vote of a Grand Jury
    3. The vote of a Trial Jury
    And most don't know that any jury can decide against the written law, despite any 'instructions' that are given by any Judge.
    This is to prevent Judicial Tyranny from taking over while the people are ruled by bad or unjust laws.
    * See the Fully Informed Jury Association for details.

And the Surpreme Court is not made up of Surpreme Beings, it is only surpreme to other lower courts,
    the people still have the power to decide the issues that face them and/or impeach a Supreme Court Justice.

The US Constitution does not grant the sovereign state citizen any of his rights.
    There are inalienable God given rights whether they are specifically named in any document or not.

The US Constitution is a citizen generated document to specifically LIMIT the powers and functions that were granted by
    the sovereign citizens to the Federal Government.

The Federal Government cannot legally suspend the Constitution and declare Martial Law, for if the Constitution is
    suspended then instantly the Federal Government ceases to even exist.
    The govenrnment would then revert back to the individual states, their counties, and/or to the individual soverign citizens.
    There are no martial law provisions in the Constitution, or didn't those government run schools tell you all of that? ;)

However, the soverign people can dissolve any level of government to 'FORM A MORE PERFECT UNION' for themselves.

"Its the duty of the Patriot to protect his country from his government."
    -- Thomas Paine

Long live the United 50 soverign states of America. :cool:

Apparently it's not just football that has trouble staying inside the rules... :yes:
    Last edited by Jet-T's; 06-26-2012 at 02:30 AM.

[QUOTE=Jet-T's;4500862]There are 3 kinds of votes for every soverign citizen.
    And most don't know that any jury can decide against the written law, despite any 'instructions' that are given by any Judge.
    This is to prevent Judicial Tyranny from taking over while the people are ruled by bad or unjust laws.

And the Surpreme Court is not made up of Surpreme Beings, it is only surpreme to other lower courts,
    the people still have the power to decide the issues that face them and/or impeach a Supreme Court Justice.

The US Constitution does not grant the sovereign state citizen any of his rights.
    There are inalienable God given rights whether they are specifically named in any document or not.

The US Constitution is a citizen generated document to specifically LIMIT the powers and functions that were granted by

The Federal Government cannot legally suspend the Constitution and declare Martial Law, for if the Constitution is
    The govenrnment would then revert back to the states, the counties, and to the individual soverign citizens.
    There are no martial law provisions in the Constitution, or didn't those government run schools tell you all that? ;)

However, the soverign people can disvolve the any level of government to 'FORM A MORE PERFECT UNION' for themselves.

-- Thomas Paine

Apparently it's not just football that has trouble staying inside the rules... :yes:[/QUOTE]

Ummm, you do realize that you just replied CB's signature line, right ??

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Jet-T's;4500862]There are 3 kinds of votes for every soverign citizen.

The govenrnment would then revert back to the individual states, their counties, and/or to the individual soverign citizens.
    There are no martial law provisions in the Constitution, or didn't those government run schools tell you all of that? ;)

However, the soverign people can dissolve any level of government to 'FORM A MORE PERFECT UNION' for themselves.

-- Thomas Paine

Apparently it's not just football that has trouble staying inside the rules... :yes:[/QUOTE]

The problem is not people being unjustly prosecuted. There are safeguards against that. The problem is when laws are not applied. There is nothing you can do about that.