Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanchez has new attitude - Schein

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4499394]I look forward to DWCs solid posts about Sanchez high school carrer at how that relates to the Jets.[/quote]

:rolleyes:

[quote]BTW, I thought I was on ignore....you fraud.[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what your'e talking about, I don't ignore anybody, you tool.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll believe it when I see it throughout the actual season.

Tony Sparano is here to bring back the "ground-and-pound" offense, aka, to baby Mark Sanchez. He succeeded with top tier defenses and ground games, only asking him to throw the ball 15-22x a game, allowing him to do the only thing he does well, play-action and one-read throws. When he was asked to carry the team, he faltered.

He isn't a QB, he's a game manager. So is Tim Tebow, too, before I hear the crap from the Sanchez apologists, but Tebow makes plays with his feet and is more difficult to defend.

That being said, when the ground game is top five and the defense is top three, Sanchez can succeed, as can Joe Flacco, Alex Smith and probably Tim Couch and Cade McCown if they had those opportunities. He's a below average QB, but as a manager he's serviceable. He could be our Trent Dilfer.

We'll see.

Cue the dumb comparisons to Eli Manning.... But for those who watch more than just the Jets, they won't bother.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Manning in his third season was just like Tebow, except Manning can throw a football. how's that?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    so 124, other than hating the Jets but loving Tebow, what else to you offer

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4499445]so 124, other than hating the Jets but loving Tebow, what else to you offer[/QUOTE]

He's there for a Tebow look a like contest, and he works wonders with numbers

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shuler82;4498948]anyway.. back to the thread topic -

It's obvious that Sanchez needed a little competition to grow up a little. He's been coddled through 3 seasons, and has never had to worry about his job. That's not to say he hasn't put in the effort (see Jets camp west) but at 25/26 years old he's ready to make a leap from boy to man and behave and act as such. I think the criticism has stung, and he's determined to prove everyone wrong.[/QUOTE]

the tebow move is really starting to feel like a win win deal.. woody keeps the national media talking about the jets & sanchez is responding like a grown man.. he will either fold up like a cheap suit or go balls to the wall & become the NFL QB i still believe he will be.. a danm good one!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetgreen13;4499509]the tebow move is really starting to feel like a win win deal.. woody keeps the national media talking about the jets & sanchez is responding like a grown man.. he will either fold up like a cheap suit or go balls to the wall & become the NFL QB i still believe he will be.. a danm good one!![/QUOTE]

I agree with you 100%

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like the new confident Mark. Everything begins with confidence.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MagroCrag;4498978]
    So if Sanchez let his team down when it counted the most, what did Tom Brady do in the epitome of big games?[/QUOTE]

Really?

Brady has 3 Super Bowl rings.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4498966]Except that silly "touchdowns" metric. Scoring points in a football game isn't that important anyways.[/QUOTE]

OK, but don't forget that Sanchez was 2nd in the league in that turnover metric as well.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=124;4499429]I'll believe it when I see it throughout the actual season.

Tony Sparano is here to bring back the "ground-and-pound" offense, aka, to baby Mark Sanchez. He succeeded with top tier defenses and ground games, only asking him to throw the ball 15-22x a game, allowing him to do the only thing he does well, play-action and one-read throws. When he was asked to carry the team, he faltered.

He isn't a QB, he's a game manager. So is Tim Tebow, too, before I hear the crap from the Sanchez apologists, but Tebow makes plays with his feet and is more difficult to defend.

That being said, when the ground game is top five and the defense is top three, Sanchez can succeed, as can Joe Flacco, Alex Smith and probably Tim Couch and Cade McCown if they had those opportunities. He's a below average QB, but as a manager he's serviceable. He could be our Trent Dilfer.

We'll see.

Cue the dumb comparisons to Eli Manning.... But for those who watch more than just the Jets, they won't bother.[/QUOTE]

Umm, Sanchez also throws the ball extremely well on the run and, until last year, was quite adept at keeping plays alive while staying in the pocket as well. I understand that doesn't line up well with your agenda, hence your leaving it out of the "argument".

Your version of his being asked to carry the team sounds like the same old tired quatrains put forth by the clueless media about "increased throws" and whatnot. Asking someone to do something that they don't necessarily excel at repeatedly (like throw quick 8 yard slants to short receivers over a collapsing pocket) usually results in a low success rate. If you watched the games like you profess, than you would see (and possibly even admit) that. Instead, you sound like the boar-hunter of the great NE state of Maine.

If Sanchez only throws the ball 15-22 times a game, this team will not finish over .500. It's a passing league. The lowest he's ever thrown was 24/game, his rookie year, with the other 2 years +30 attempts, with a higher (albeit still unsatisfactory) completion percentage to boot. Stubborn little things, facts are.

Cue the accusations of my being a Sanchez apologist....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4499562]Really?

Brady has 3 Super Bowl rings.[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetworks;4499569]Umm, Sanchez also throws the ball extremely well on the run and, until last year, was quite adept at keeping plays alive while staying in the pocket as well. I understand that doesn't line up well with your agenda, hence your leaving it out of the "argument".

Your version of his being asked to carry the team sounds like the same old tired quatrains put forth by the clueless media about "increased throws" and whatnot. Asking someone to do something that they don't necessarily excel at repeatedly (like throw quick 8 yard slants to short receivers over a collapsing pocket) usually results in a low success rate. If you watched the games like you profess, than you would see (and possibly even admit) that. Instead, you sound like the boar-hunter of the great NE state of Maine.

If Sanchez only throws the ball 15-22 times a game, this team will not finish over .500. It's a passing league. The lowest he's ever thrown was 24/game, his rookie year, with the other 2 years +30 attempts, with a higher (albeit still unsatisfactory) completion percentage to boot. Stubborn little things, facts are.

Cue the accusations of my being a Sanchez apologist....[/QUOTE]

:clapper:

Another fan who gets it...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetworks;4499569]Umm, Sanchez also throws the ball extremely well on the run and, until last year, was quite adept at keeping plays alive while staying in the pocket as well. I understand that doesn't line up well with your agenda, hence your leaving it out of the "argument".

Cue the accusations of my being a Sanchez apologist....[/QUOTE]

Quit being a Sanchez apologist who uses facts to complete destroy an irrational rant.

It's frickin' annoying . . .:steamin:

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4498927]He was the friggn' #5 overall pick in the draft.

Sanchez is rated in the bottom 3rd of every single QB statistic.

After 53 NFL starts, when do you expect him to do someting?[/QUOTE]

See sig.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Johnny Rico;4499675]See sig.[/QUOTE]

:clapper:

Owned!!!!!

Going to steal that too

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4498935]Gotta love this comeback from Sanchez apologists. :rolleyes:

Sanchez is 0-2 in the the biggest 2 games of his life.

If it wasn't for the Jets defense and running game, he'd never be there in the first place.[/QUOTE]

TX, I agree with a lot of your posts on here because they point out a lot of delusional Jets fans, but I have to disagree with you this time. The biggest game of any player's life is his next game when the season's on the line, and for Sanchez to be 0-2 in AFC title games means he had to play well enough in the games to get to that point to begin with, games in which he was 4-0. Albeit, the 4 wins weren't necessarily attributable to him, but he certainly played big in the biggest of moments in each of those games and that can't be taken away from him. Unfortunately we haven't see that type of play over a 16-game season and you have every reason to rip him for that.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4499683]:clapper:

Owned!!!!!

Going to steal that too[/QUOTE]

Yes. It's funny. It's funny watching PatsFanTx state that every player on our current Jets team (Holmes) "sucks", but every former Jet, that's no longer a Jet (Burress), is "great" etc, etc. Or the same quarterback that he talked up during the 2009 offseason as the best quarterback coming out, is now a "bum" because he's a Jet. He's a laughable hypocrite.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTx]:Exactly.

For the Jets to even have a shot at Sanchez, they'd have to move up into the top 5.

Sanchez is not falling to #17, too many teams need a QB. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=PatsFanTx]:So JDub, what do you think it would cost the Jets to move into the top 5?

Sanchez ain't falling to #17. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=PatsFanTx] I think Sanchez will be the first QB taken in the draft, especially that Bradford is not coming out. [/QUOTE]

All from only one thread prior to Sanchez being drafted by the Jets, mind you... That Sanchez wasn't a Jet yet, which is the only reason why he talked Sanchez up. Just so he could later say "ahahahahahah the Jets missed out on a potential franchise QB in Sanchez" but when the Jets traded up for Sanchez? His whole outlook changed.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4499711]Yes. It's funny. It's funny watching PatsFanTx state that every player on our current Jets team (Holmes) "sucks", but every former Jet, that's no longer a Jet (Burress), is "great" etc, etc. Or the same quarterback that he talked up during the 2009 offseason as the best quarterback coming out, is now a "bum" because he's a Jet. He's a laughable hypocrite.

All from only one thread prior to Sanchez being drafted by the Jets, mind you... That Sanchez wasn't a Jet yet, which is the only reason why he talked Sanchez up. Just so he could later say "ahahahahahah the Jets missed out on a potential franchise QB in Sanchez" but when the Jets traded up for Sanchez? His whole outlook changed.[/QUOTE]

That, or now that he's watched Sanchez play for 3 seasons as a bottom 3rd QB, with little improvement, he has to admit he was wrong in the first place?

Maybe?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4499711]Yes. It's funny. It's funny watching PatsFanTx state that every player on our current Jets team (Holmes) "sucks", but every former Jet, that's no longer a Jet (Burress), is "great" etc, etc. Or the same quarterback that he talked up during the 2009 offseason as the best quarterback coming out, is now a "bum" because he's a Jet. He's a laughable hypocrite.

All from only one thread prior to Sanchez being drafted by the Jets, mind you... That Sanchez wasn't a Jet yet, which is the only reason why he talked Sanchez up. Just so he could later say "ahahahahahah the Jets missed out on a potential franchise QB in Sanchez" but when the Jets traded up for Sanchez? His whole outlook changed.[/QUOTE]

Nice post and it is the reason why I laugh at the self hating Jets fans who take PatTx seriously and end up pounding on Sanchez. They don't realize that he likes it when you tear Sanchez down; for instance, when last year some of us were literally booing Sanchez during warm ups and then said it " their God givin right to tear a player down" because they paid for the priviledge, TX loved it.:rolleyes:

TX knows exactly what he is doing, whipping some of us up to eat our own and unfortunately some of us are to foolish to recognize it.....:eek:
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 06-24-2012 at 11:57 PM.