Thread: For those wanting proof that the sports media knows nothing...

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

For those wanting proof that the sports media knows nothing...

...watch Mark Cuban destroy Skip Bayless on ESPN:

[url]http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/mark-cuban-absolutely-destroys-espn-skip-bayless-air-202818568--nba.html[/url]

Although this is about basketball, hopefully it will put to rest any thought that these pundits know more than the casual sports fan. I would like nothing more than to see this happen to the SOJ media. Kudos to Mark Cuban on this one.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fun to watch but we have only to read Mehta or 99% of the Jets writers to know what a clueless bunch of yokals they are.

These days the only decent journalist we have is Jenny.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Skip Bayless is the worst sports analyst there is. I don't know how he has a job with espn. There are some things people shouldn't do. He's in the wrong business. Interior designer, or home decorator suits him more.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4499200]Skip Bayless is the worst sports analyst there is. I don't know how he has a job with espn. There are some things people shouldn't do. He's in the wrong business. Interior designer, or home decorator suits him more.[/QUOTE]

All Skip's job is, is to take a contrary slant against what popular belief is held. Nothing more nothing less. But it often does make him look like a clown.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Peebag;4499204]All Skip's job is, is to take a contrary slant against what popular belief is held. Nothing more nothing less. But it often does make him look like a clown.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but that's not entertaining to me. If I wanted to see or do that I'd take a look at some of GMC's posts.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    right.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Peebag;4499204]All Skip's job is, is to take a contrary slant against what popular belief is held. Nothing more nothing less. But it often does make him look like a clown.[/QUOTE]

Skip doesn't look like a clown. He is a clown. Growing up in Dallas, he was a writer at the local paper. When another paper was going to hire him, it's sports reporters revolted and threatened to resign - all of them. They didn't want to be associated with him.

In his book, he implied Aikman was gay without any evidence. Aikman still wants to kick his ....

Btw many of the Dallas writers think Skip may be ... They never saw him out with girls.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=klecko73;4499089]...watch Mark Cuban destroy Skip Bayless on ESPN:

[url]http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/mark-cuban-absolutely-destroys-espn-skip-bayless-air-202818568--nba.html[/url]

Although this is about basketball, hopefully it will put to rest any thought that these pundits know more than the casual sports fan. I would like nothing more than to see this happen to the SOJ media. Kudos to Mark Cuban on this one.[/QUOTE]

1. Skip is a complete moron.

2. Mark Cuban is more than a "casual sports fan"

3. You are speaking in precisely the same generalities that Cuban was ripping Skip for. Sure some sports writers are uninformed altogether. Others write columns to get a rise out of a target audience- it's how money is made in the age of internet journalism.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsNeedNewton;4499185]Fun to watch but we have only to read Mehta or 99% of the Jets writers to know what a clueless bunch of yokals they are.

These days the only decent journalist we have is Jenny.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I like her work, Randy Lange and JI's own Chris Nimbley & Wesley Sykes.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    SKip Bayless was criticizing LeBron's jump shooting while they were winning games and he was still dominant. He's the type to point out a "key" turnover that "ALMOST" lost the game ... the dude is complete waste of space. He knows how to get a rise out of people and thats that. His journalism crudentials went out the window when most athletes saw what he wrote in his book about Aikman being gay. The dude does anything for attention. If some of these young athletes even knew those stories they wouldn't even talk to him. Skip's lost respect a long time ago and he's really just living off learning how to get a rise out of people. The only thing Skip has going for him is that people love watching the idiot on TV ... He's the Jersey Shore of ESPN

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cuban is awesome.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    " You have a presumption that people care what you say... they don't"

Nothing better said by Cuban there.

It was clear Cuban wanted it more.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    ... SB is a sack o $h*t ... along with his bend over buddy $h*tbag A. $h*tbag ... refuse to click on his link ... but am happy that cuban powned him! ...

l_j_r

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    How many regular members are here on this site? Probably not enough to even fill the stadium. You have to remember that 90% of the entire fanbase for each team is a casual, know very little fan. That's who Skip Bayless caters to. Obviously if you take the time to join fan boards and such you at least want to know more about the sport, so shock personalities like Bayless or even Francessa become annoying as hell.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Mark Cuban rant was great. I am not a big basketball fan, so it was very pleasing to hear the real "technical talk". I can comprehend "Lebron James didn't play as hard" but to hear the true reason why the Mavs won, and the heat lost was refreshing. I don't understand the sport the way Cuban does, and I would never offer my opinion as truth the way Skip does. It is simply embarrassing that ESPN pays him.